Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

If it's heavily based upon multiple parts, such as the clock tower, Gryffindor tower, library, bathrooms, maybe even the greenhouses, I think the set will be great, and the Great Hall can easily connect with it.

I can see it being almost like the 1960s batcave set, or Assault on Hoth, with multiple main areas to complete the whole castle

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

Hence why I said “everything is new for Ollivander, might have been used in other minifigs” as in they may not be new moulds, but it’s new for Ollivander

What sets do you own? I myself only own the Freeing Dobby set as at the time (I was just a wee lad at the time) that’s all I could afford

I have Flying Lesson which I got as a birthday present back in 2003, Quidditch Match, and The Forbidden Forest. And the reason I only got those last two is for the same reason as you. :wink:

Just now, Legomaster34 said:

I have Flying Lesson which I got as a birthday present back in 2003, Quidditch Match, and The Forbidden Forest. And the reason I only got those last two is for the same reason as you. :wink:

Up until finding out we’d get a new Hagrid I was very tempted to get the Forbidden Forest as it’s my favourite set with Hagrid and Voldemort in, I’m just interested in what they can do to make Voldemort a better minifig, I mean it’s not as if they can give him a new hair mould ??

3 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

If it's heavily based upon multiple parts, such as the clock tower, Gryffindor tower, library, bathrooms, maybe even the greenhouses, I think the set will be great, and the Great Hall can easily connect with it.

I can see it being almost like the 1960s batcave set, or Assault on Hoth, with multiple main areas to complete the whole castle

I think that's entirely likely. Throw in the third floor complex, the Chamber of Secrets and maybe Hagrid's Hut and we're in business

If we look at the Hogwarts castle image used in that teaser page, what’s used on all wizarding world merchandise at the moment, the castle seems to be in two sections.

the great hall and tower, and then the assortment of buildings to the right, and it has a connecting section in between the two.

the great hall set obviously covers the left half of the castle, and the Whomping Willow Set seems to cover the connection, so perhaps the D2C is the right hand side of the castle? With perhaps extras like Hagrids Hut, and maybe even a second half to a quidditch pitch if we just get half in the rumoured set?

link to image in question: http://www.mugglenet.com/2018/04/lego-harry-potter-launches-minisite-teasing-forthcoming-sets/

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Up until finding out we’d get a new Hagrid I was very tempted to get the Forbidden Forest as it’s my favourite set with Hagrid and Voldemort in, I’m just interested in what they can do to make Voldemort a better minifig, I mean it’s not as if they can give him a new hair mould ??

It is a great little set, and especially for the Minifigures you get! The tree is simple, but it is nice to throw in with bigger sets to add some scenery. And to get not only the main hero and villain in one cheap set (the latter of whom had only been previously available in one of the most expensive sets of the theme), but also the "big-fig" character, and an exclusive character? It was a great value for that alone.

Edited by Legomaster34

2 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Well, new skirt pieces and accurate robe print. And no stupid smiley face.

I feel like Hagrid's Hut this time around could be smaller, maybe similar to Luke's Hut from the Last Jedi sets

Also, I feel that the Basilisk has the potential to be it's own set, maybe something like we've seen in 1-4. Lego seems to love making big snake sets

1 minute ago, Legomaster34 said:

That is a great little set, and especially for the Minifigures you get! The tree is simple, but it is nice to throw in with bigger sets to add some scenery. And to get not only the main hero and villain in one cheap set (the latter of whom had only been previously available in one of the most expensive sets of the theme), but also the "big-fig" character, and an exclusive character? It was a great value for that alone.

I have to agree with that, it was so cheap and you got 3 amazing characters and Harry who is always desirable being the main

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

I feel like Hagrid's Hut this time around could be smaller, maybe similar to Luke's Hut from the Last Jedi sets

Also, I feel that the Basilisk has the potential to be it's own set, maybe something like we've seen in 1-4. Lego seems to love making big snake sets

The basilisk comes in the Great Hall, it’s a let down, but it’s definitely the basilisk

1 minute ago, deskp said:

Well, new skirt pieces and accurate robe print. And no stupid smiley face.

True, not owning the fig I forgot about the smile and I didn’t realise how inaccurate the robes are, what if we get a Suited Voldemort like in Harry’s hallucination on the train platform

I know that "the basilisk" is in the Great Hall, but in reality, it's just an additional little play feature build. I can definitely see a REAL basilisk coming second or 3rd wave, at least after they do the Hungarian Horntail!!

7 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Only the face print and torso print are new for Ollivander. Honestly I doubt he's a cmf. There haven't been any early cmf leaks since they moved the production completely to china

This has me thinking that the D2C could be Diagon Alley instead. Combined with the fact that many others have brought up which is why would they release a set without the most iconic parts of the castle (Staircase Tower and Great Hall)? I get that they have done it before, but there are already two sets with parts of the castle and it just makes more since to me to have Hogwarts split between smaller sets, it makes it much more accessible to people.

Diagon Alley doesn't have to be that. It isn't the most iconic setting, or the most memorable, but has a lot of potential and the original is a really fun set. I agree with people that an updated Diagon Alley NEEDS the Weasley shop, so maybe they'll break the rule of years 1-3 for the D2C or it'll be it's own set at some point.

Ultimately, I don't believe that Ollivander is a CMF, and unless there is some unknown wand shop set, I can't think of anything else related to the first few films that he would be included in besides Diagon Alley. 

1 minute ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I know that "the basilisk" is in the Great Hall, but in reality, it's just an additional little play feature build. I can definitely see a REAL basilisk coming second or 3rd wave, at least after they do the Hungarian Horntail!!

Unless what we’ve been told is wrong, this wave is years 1-2 with a taste of 3, next wave will be 3-4 with a taste of 5 etc, so no, we won’t get a Basilisk set unless it’s the skeleton from 7.5 but even that’s incredibly unlikely

Edited by harleydavid98

Hogwarts as the D2C would back up the bits of 3 added for flavour way more than Diagon Alley, which I don't think is in the PoA movie at all

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Hogwarts as the D2C would back up the bits of 3 added for flavour way more than Diagon Alley, which I don't think is in the PoA movie at all

The only part of DA in PoA is Leaky Cauldron where Mr Weasley warns Harry about Sirius (obvious misleading is obvious)

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

Unless what we’ve been told is wrong, this wave is years 1-2 with a taste of 3, next wave will be 3-4 with a taste of 5 etc, so no, we won’t get a Basilisk set unless it’s the skeleton from 7.5 but even that’s incredibly unlikely

My view is that Lego is just using the original films as a kickstart, then will progress forward with the films, while still adding things from the earlier ones.

This is similar to the Harry Potter Funko Pops - they started with Sorcerer's Stone, then moved into Goblet/Order, and now this summer, they're doing Chamber of Secrets

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

D2C is Hogwarts. Not Diagon Alley. From what I have heard ollivander is in the cmf 

I keep meaning to ask, are you THE Falconfan1414 from Instagram?

1 minute ago, GryffindorResistance said:

My view is that Lego is just using the original films as a kickstart, then will progress forward with the films, while still adding things from the earlier ones.

This is similar to the Harry Potter Funko Pops - they started with Sorcerer's Stone, then moved into Goblet/Order, and now this summer, they're doing Chamber of Secrets

Highly unlikely, if they were doing that then they wouldn’t include CoS and focus mainly on Philosopher’s Stone, but they aren’t, so next wave will definitely be PoA and GoF

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

Highly unlikely, if they were doing that then they wouldn’t include CoS and focus mainly on Philosopher’s Stone, but they aren’t, so next wave will definitely be PoA and GoF

There's still a lot of things from the 1st/2nd films to touch upon, so I don't think they'll just never come back to those films in the future. Agreed, next wave will most likely be a good Prisoner/Goblet wave, being that those films have A LOT of set opportunities

is anyone else getting tired of getting small leaks? I mean its fun to go to Instagram everyday and see what's new but  I ready for set pictures to get revealed 

7 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

The 1 and 2 with wee bits of 3 was about the retail sets not the cmf or D2C or at least that makes most sense.

Just now, GryffindorResistance said:

There's still a lot of things from the 1st/2nd films to touch upon, so I don't think they'll just never come back to those films in the future. Agreed, next wave will most likely be a good Prisoner/Goblet wave, being that those films have A LOT of set opportunities

What I’m hoping happens is that we get the waves of 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-7.5 and then they’ll go back to do the sets they didn’t do when they did them waves, so we could get Fluffy (year 1), Basilisk (year 2), Buckbeak (year 3), Merpeople (year 4), Ministry battle (Albus and Voldemort, year 5), Battle of the Astronomy Tower (year 6), Malfoy manor (year 7) and Harry’s Death (year 7.5 with ghosts from the film)

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes I am 

Well good sir, you have just gained an extra follower

I know it’s unrelated, but after seeing the Funko Pop of Nearly Headless Nick, it kinda annoys me that there isn’t a way to make the Lego minifig Nick actually nearly Headless

Ollivander looks great but confuses me. It would be odd for a CMF figure to have no leg printing, but I would hate to get a $600 Diagon Alley D2C. I hope it’s still Hogwarts, since Diagon Alley should only be a $300-350 set if they want to make a huge one. Speaking of Hogwarts, I think it’s far more likely now that the D2C will include the Great Hall. It would be strange without it and people don’t need to buy the smaller one if they’re buying the D2C, but if they can’t afford the D2C then the smaller one would be a good compromise. The new image is also interesting- the car looks great but that seems to be a lot of castle wall to go with the Willow.