Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

Year 1/2 DA would be pretty pointless, unless they make Gringotts huge, it’d make more sense to wait for later years so they can have more shops (Weasley’s etc)

Yeah, that's true

I hope they do something I wish they would do for more/most of the themes; make sets that can connect with each other so that if you buy them all you have a nice display piece (kinda like the Batman Movie side builds in the small sets, but then bigger). It looks like it's something that's possible with this theme. The D2C could be a 'smaller' section of the entire school if other sets would connect with it. 

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

The new Harry and Ron have officially been leaked!!

It's weird that we've got 3 separate leaks in the space of under an hour. What does it all mean, Basil?

I'm assuming that this part of the castle is the connection that was teased on the press release of the Great Hall set?

31666858_192586361368832_6085485341467213824_n.jpg.861637c837cd63698911036765b6627c.jpg

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

It's weird that we've got 3 separate leaks in the space of under an hour. What does it all mean, Basil?

I’m hoping that the closer we get to June 1st the more leaks we’ll get and eventually we won’t actually need the official images ??

3 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

I hope they do something I wish they would do for more/most of the themes; make sets that can connect with each other so that if you buy them all you have a nice display piece (kinda like the Batman Movie side builds in the small sets, but then bigger). It looks like it's something that's possible with this theme. The D2C could be a 'smaller' section of the entire school if other sets would connect with it. 

Looks like it is happening, HP has a history of connecting sets as well and looks like they are going all in this time around :wub: A very smart way to get us to buy every set also, can not have any holes in the castle gotta get em all:tongue:

3 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’m hoping that the closer we get to June 1st the more leaks we’ll get and eventually we won’t actually need the official images ??

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

On the Great Hall set there were 3 connection points and this new part of the castle fills one of them. Do you guys think this new set will come with more?

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

On the Great Hall set there were 3 connection points and this new part of the castle fills one of them. Do you guys think this new set will come with more?

I sure hope so, anything to make this Hogwarts better than the previous Hogwarts is good in my eyes, as long as it doesn’t become like The Death Star and get re-released every year making the old ones redundant then I’ll be happy

Edited by harleydavid98
Changing words to sound smarter ?

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if the connection is for the D2C.

I mean, which other set would it connect to?

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

I sure hope so, anything to make this Hogwarts better than the previous Hogwarts is good in my eyes, as long as it doesn’t become like The Death Star and get re-released every year making the old ones redundant then I’ll be happy

Agreed. Please don't keep doing re-releases, Lego!

Also, I thought I'd give this opportunity to ask you guys to follow my movie review account on Instagram @outatime_movie_reviews where I do film reviews every day. I'm tackling the MCU currently but will be doing the Wizarding World soon, if anyone's interested

Just now, Legocollinfreak said:

Is there anything new about Ollivander? everything has already been used before right?

Everything is new for Ollivander, might have been used in other minifigs, apart from the legs

I was thinking, maybe the D2C set will be the clock tower part of the castle, introduced in Prisoner of Azkaban. Personally I would love to see that remade :)

0670032fab5d993a221438bb5f60c660.jpg

Edited by hoiharry

Just now, hoiharry said:

I was thinking, maybe the D2C set will be the clock tower part of the castle, introduced in Prisoner of Azkaban Personally I would love to see that remade :)

The Clock Tower would be amazing.

But I don't know, a $600 D2C Hogwarts without the two most iconic parts of the castle (Marble Staircase Tower and Great Hall) just feels wrong.

1 minute ago, hoiharry said:

I was thinking, maybe the D2C set will be the clock tower part of the castle, introduced in Prisoner of Azkaban. Personally I would love to see that remade :)

I was thinking the exact same, maybe we'll see this part and a larger main tower with moving staircases

I think lego is wanting to make a smaller Hogwarts for kids. But also please the adults with a huge castle. Most D2C stand alone and don't need connecting to any other set. It does worry me that Ollivander was leaked. Is he part of the cmf series or a set. If a set then he's part of Diagon Alley. If not then does that mean we don't get Diagon Alley? 

Just now, HarryPotter said:

But I don't know, a $600 D2C Hogwarts without the two most iconic parts of the castle (Marble Staircase Tower and Great Hall) just feels wrong.

Maybe it has a section at the back of the instruction manual which allows you to modify the tower from the Great Hall set to add it to the D2C, if you have the set. Something along those lines

2 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

I think lego is wanting to make a smaller Hogwarts for kids. But also please the adults with a huge castle. Most D2C stand alone and don't need connecting to any other set. It does worry me that Ollivander was leaked. Is he part of the cmf series or a set. If a set then he's part of Diagon Alley. If not then does that mean we don't get Diagon Alley? 

Not necessarily, we might just either not get an Ollivander fig, or get a different Ollivander fig, if they wait until the year 5 wave then we could get a disgruntled Ollivander being kidnapped by the Death Eaters

but personally I’d rather not get Diagon Alley, I’d rather sets just be based in and around Hogwarts, so Hogwarts Express, Hagrid’s Hut etc

Edited by harleydavid98

Only the face print and torso print are new for Ollivander. Honestly I doubt he's a cmf. There haven't been any early cmf leaks since they moved the production completely to china

Every little scrap of new info just gets me more and more excited for this theme! Whether the D2C ends up being part of the castle, the whole castle, or whether it connects to the smaller sets (which I do hope for personally) or is its own standalone set, I'm all in for this theme this time around! I'm still bummed that for as huge of a Harry Potter fan as I've always been, I've only gotten three sets during the theme's entire past run. I won't be missing any this time!

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Only the face print and torso print are new for Ollivander. Honestly I doubt he's a cmf. There haven't been any early cmf leaks since they moved the production completely to china

Hence why I said “everything is new for Ollivander, might have been used in other minifigs” as in they may not be new moulds, but it’s new for Ollivander

Just now, Legomaster34 said:

Every little scrap of new info just gets me more and more excited for this theme! Whether the D2C ends up being part of the castle, the whole castle, or whether it connects to the smaller sets (which I do hope for personally) or is its own standalone set, I'm all in for this theme this time around! I'm still bummed that for as huge of a Harry Potter fan as I've always been, I've only gotten three sets during the theme's entire past run. I won't be missing any this time!

What sets do you own? I myself only own the Freeing Dobby set as at the time (I was just a wee lad at the time) that’s all I could afford