Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Filch is in the whomping willow set alongside Snape and two (not yet leaked) Harry and Ron variants

How do you know that? Maybe cmf?

20 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Some sets were shown exclusively to retail sellers. Let's say I know someone... These are not cmf leaks, but all minifigs from sets. Concerning the Gryffindor boy, I'm not sure if there were any spectators in the quidditch set but he might be from that set

Edited by Metanoios91

12 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

I'll betting Filch is from the CMF as well. Especially with Seamus not belonging to a particular set. 

But I hate this Filch figure. There is a point where being too acurrate can hurt a figure and this is a great example. Hairpiece is just too much.

8 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Some sets were on display at toy fair exclusively for retail sellers. Let's say I know someone... These are not cmf leaks, but all minifigs from sets. Concerning the Gryffindor boy, I'm not sure if there were any spectators in the quidditch set but he might be from that set

Awesome revelation. In the set quidditch there are spectators :o

Ron's face print has dark orange eyebrows (look at the great hall pics and the leaked forbidden forest ron). The face print of the Gryffindor boy/Seamus? has brown eyebrows. It isn't even a new print. It's the same as Tim's from 75932 Velociraptor Chase. Btw they reused Lex Murphy's face print for Susan Bones in the great hall set as well, so that could be the same case with seamus. I have to check with my source, if any set had an extra gryffindor. He described the quidditch set as kind of a remake with updated minifigs and a small side build.

Maybe the leaker just used the torso with other parts from the factory.

Edited by Metanoios91

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Awesome revelation. In the set quidditch there are spectators :o

They said they weren’t sure if there were

i fully expect Filch and Seamus to be from set’s. Filch 100% the Whomping Willow, with Severus. Makes more it more likely now that we will get Snapes office. As a side build to connect to Hogwarts.

im pretty sure CMF don’t leak like this, at least the Batman movie ones didn’t.

Edited by Whovastron

The second face for Nick is perfect for when he was petrified by the basilisk, they sure have thought of everything this time :wub:

Looks like HP is going to be one of and maybe the best comeback in Lego history :sweet:

There is no figs from film number 3 in WW set by the look of things, fine by me I rather have them in the next wave :wink:

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The second face for Nick is perfect for when he was petrified by the basilisk, they sure have thought of everything this time :wub:

Looks like HP is going to be one of and maybe the best comeback in Lego history :sweet:

There is no figs from film number 3 in WW set by the look of things, fine by me I rather have them in the next wave :wink:

Look 500 bricks for quidditch set with maybe spectators and a buidling with the spectators. That would be awesome!

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

Look 500 bricks for quidditch set with maybe spectators and a buidling with the spectators. That would be awesome!

Be that as it may I see no reason why they should put Seamus Finnigan in that set :sceptic:  Lee Jordan on the other hand is quite possible.. It could be that is a wrong built character and not Seamus at all.. It is not so easy for the leakers if they just have a lot of pieces and no manual to how the figs should look

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Be that as it may I see no reason why they should put Seamus Finnigan in that set :sceptic:  Lee Jordan on the other hand is quite possible.. It could be that is a wrong built character and not Seamus at all.. It is not so easy for the leakers if they just have a lot of pieces and no manual to how the figs should look

The first leakers are the workers in the lego factory for me. So they know probably the buidling of each minifig. Even if they can do mistake like the face of Quirrel (cqfd).

Seamus cannot be in the other sets (cmf).

I think Seamus looks great. If character weren’t going to agent a new design it should be him. I just like how he kind of resembles the actor. Other characters such as Nearly Headless Nick and Quirrel deserve that extra attention instead.

I really do like Filtch’s design and face but the hair is absolutely awful. He looks nothing like Filtch with that hairpiece.

1 minute ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I really do like Filtch’s design and face but the hair is absolutely awful. He looks nothing like Filtch with that hairpiece.

I think it’s better than the old design, Gandalf’s hair never seemed right to me, but at the same time, I agree that this hairpiece is incredibly incorrect, I reckon a new mould the bald piece but a longer hairstyle like the Gandalf hair would be much better, but there’s that many new mould that I don’t think we can really complain, especially when it’s such a minor thing as a hairpiece

I can't think of anyone else the hair used on Filch might belong to but MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, it's from another fig. I mean, Quirrel and Ron's face have been mixed up so maybe they put the wrong hair on him. Maybe it's for a CMF figure or something

5 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I can't think of anyone else the hair used on Filch might belong to but MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, it's from another fig. I mean, Quirrel and Ron's face have been mixed up so maybe they put the wrong hair on him. Maybe it's for a CMF figure or something

I doubt it, as bad as the hairpiece is, it’s design is perfect for Filch with the bald top head with a few strands of hair over the top

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

I doubt it, as bad as the hairpiece is, it’s design is perfect for Filch with the bald top head with a few strands of hair over the top

Yeah, I don't see anyone else it could belong to

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, I don't see anyone else it could belong to

Me neither, it’s a shame but I guess it’ll have to do, I mean I personally can’t complain, in this release we’re getting a new and improved Quirrell, new students, our first non-Gryffindor/Slytherin, an improved Dumbledore and of course McGonagall (I personally am not a fan of using the slope pieces for dresses and also don’t like the new dress piece), I am also looking forward to seeing any unleaked minifigs to come out

8 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

The first leakers are the workers in the lego factory for me. So they know probably the buidling of each minifig. Even if they can do mistake like the face of Quirrel (cqfd).

Well I am not so sure about that, think about when you build a set there is several bags with pieces and some of them even have other bags with pieces inside. The parts for the minifigs are usually in several different bags, so I doubt they have a collection of minifigs or sets they are making on display in the factory. Why would they, it is a need to now basis, and they probably only now which parts to make. Then I assume it is automatic how many of the different parts go in to a bag and which bags go in to a set. Off course now it is all new figs, so they have to make most of the parts which makes it easier. They could also take a sneak peek on the box or instruction, but they probably have not started making the final sets yet only parts, so no wonder they get the figs wrong sometimes.. Nevertheless I am happy for every HP fig or part that is leaking :sweet:
I have not been to the factory yet so I am guessing here, but have a look at this clip:

50 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well I am not so sure about that, think about when you build a set there is several bags with pieces and some of them even have other bags with pieces inside. The parts for the minifigs are usually in several different bags, so I doubt they have a collection of minifigs or sets they are making on display in the factory. Why would they, it is a need to now basis, and they probably only now which parts to make. Then I assume it is automatic how many of the different parts go in to a bag and which bags go in to a set. Off course now it is all new figs, so they have to make most of the parts which makes it easier. They could also take a sneak peek on the box or instruction, but they probably have not started making the final sets yet only parts, so no wonder they get the figs wrong sometimes.. Nevertheless I am happy for every HP fig or part that is leaking :sweet:
I have not been to the factory yet so I am guessing here, but have a look at this clip:

Ok so in evidence, ron and quirrel are both in the same set so the leaker can be confused. 

For seamus, even if the head is not good, we have a face and a hair for a character in the same set.

For me Whomping willow get a wall of Hogwarts with snape and flitch + tree+ car with ron and harry

Seamus is probably a spectator of Quidditch set/ or a another unknown set (knight bus is not probably good)

Why have everyone settled on Seamus? There's no unique parts could just be a confused "custom" ?

Any time anyone wonders if a figure is CMF, check for unique parts, CMF don't reuse prints and if a hair piece etc is obviously wrong then it wouldn't be CMF, the per figure budget is pretty high per fig in cmf.

Like, the Filch hairpiece is good enough for a set, but not for a cmf.

Edited by deskp

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Ok so in evidence, ron and quirrel are both in the same set so the leaker can be confused. 

For seamus, even if the head is not good, we have a face and a hair for a character in the same set.

For me Whomping willow get a wall of Hogwarts with snape and flitch + tree+ car with ron and harry

Seamus is probably a spectator of Quidditch set/ or a another unknown set (knight bus is not probably good)

I’ll be interested to see what let’s they give Harry in the Knight Bus, or even when Lego decide to make the transison from small legs to regular sized ones.  

Also while I am on the topic of the Knight Bus don’t you guys think it’s a bit early for Lego to bring Prisoner of Azkaban sets out?  I mean if Lego are concentrating on the first two movies to start with then why do the Knight Bus now after only four sets from the first two movies.  I mean there is so much more Lego can pull ideas from from the first two.  Unless Lego are just giving a taster of each movie for the first 3/4 years with 4/5 sets and then after that making bigger waves but including sets from all 7/8 movies. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I’ll be interested to see what let’s they give Harry in the Knight Bus, or even when Lego decide to make the transison from small legs to regular sized ones.  

Also while I am on the topic of the Knight Bus don’t you guys think it’s a bit early for Lego to bring Prisoner of Azkaban sets out?  I mean if Lego are concentrating on the first two movies to start with then why do the Knight Bus now after only four sets from the first two movies.  I mean there is so much more Lego can pull ideas from from the first two.  Unless Lego are just giving a taster of each movie for the first 3/4 years with 4/5 sets and then after that making bigger waves but including sets from all 7/8 movies. 

As I have said several times before I think It is a false rumour, makes no sense when they are focusing on film 1-2. We are not getting any POA figs in WW either as earlier thought.. Small chances it is a FB Knight bus also, I am only speculating so could be wrong, but won't believe it until I see it :sceptic: There have been a lot of different rumours for this theme in the last few months and most of them turn out to be wrong..

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

As I have said several times before I think It is a false rumour, makes no sense when they are focusing on film 1-2. We are not getting any POA figs in WW either as earlier thought.. Small chances it is a FB Knight bus also, I am only speculating so could be wrong, but won't believe it until I see it :sceptic: There have been a lot of different rumours for this theme in the last few months and most of them turn out to be wrong..

That’s true, I thought it came from a reliable source though, that’s why I didn’t question it really.?