Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Unikitty feels girl-oriented because of the bright colors and rainbows, but also the pink female unicorn kitten protagonist.

Anyways, this is getting quite off-topic.  The point is that it seems Harry Potter will do to Castle what Star Wars did to Space, which is effectively kill the theme.  While there are many people hoping for Harry Potter to become evergreen because they love the theme, there are also many people lamenting the virtual death of the Castle theme.  This is especially true when considering in-house Space themes since the inception of Star Wars, or in-house Pirates themes since the inception of Pirates of the Caribbean.  Considering that these used to be the flagship themes of LEGO, it's disheartening to see them replaced by licensed counterparts that just don't offer the same experience.

I'm excited for these Harry Potter sets to a degree.  I love the design of the thestral.  I like a lot of the other designs, and some of the minifigures could be useful.  It will certainly give us some parts that will be useful.  But I fear for the future of Castle if this is going to essentially be replacing it.  It is missing so much of what makes Castle work.

38 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Unikitty feels girl-oriented because of the bright colors and rainbows, but also the pink female unicorn kitten protagonist.

Anyways, this is getting quite off-topic.  The point is that it seems Harry Potter will do to Castle what Star Wars did to Space, which is effectively kill the theme.  While there are many people hoping for Harry Potter to become evergreen because they love the theme, there are also many people lamenting the virtual death of the Castle theme.  This is especially true when considering in-house Space themes since the inception of Star Wars, or in-house Pirates themes since the inception of Pirates of the Caribbean.  Considering that these used to be the flagship themes of LEGO, it's disheartening to see them replaced by licensed counterparts that just don't offer the same experience.

I'm excited for these Harry Potter sets to a degree.  I love the design of the thestral.  I like a lot of the other designs, and some of the minifigures could be useful.  It will certainly give us some parts that will be useful.  But I fear for the future of Castle if this is going to essentially be replacing it.  It is missing so much of what makes Castle work.

Star Wars didn't kill space, multiple space themes have released alongside Star Wars, including Space Police 3, Galaxy Squad, and Alien Conquest, As well as Mars Mission and Life on Mars.

Space stopped appearing when lego started focusing on having 3 year themes like Chima and Nexo Knights, Ninjago didn't impair it because it was a test.

And I'm not sure why everyone thinks Potc killed pirates, there has been a pirates theme since Potc's only multiple set wave

Edited by Brickwraith

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

In both of their heydays, Castle and HP happily coexisted, because HP really isn't a Castle theme. The lack of a Castle theme now owes more to the 2013 wave and Nexo Knights than it does to this one emerging. It seems like NK and this will make whatever potential Castle theme coming up more historically-oriented, but I'm not convinced it'll never come back. 

Can this thread PLEASE not devolve into a tsunami of toxic fandom. Comic book and video game fandom has already been derailed by delluded bigotry, can Lego not be the next to go? Where's a moderator when you need one...

How reliable are the piece counts for the sets? Since they emerged on April 1. I have a hard time believing them and at least compared to the price on some of the sets they seem dubious to me :sceptic: Is there a trustworthy source for them or is it a April fools joke going rogue *huh*

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

How reliable are the piece counts for the sets? Since they emerged on April 1. I have a hard time believing them and at least compared to the price on some of the sets they seem dubious to me :sceptic: Is there a trustworthy source for them or is it a April fools joke going rogue *huh*

amazon is the best source for knowing the number of the bricks:

cmf: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0792QRS4T?tag=amazon0efa-21

Aragog: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0792R1K14?tag=amazon0efa-21

Newt https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0792RMHLN?tag=amazon0efa-21

Whomping willow: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0792QK8GL?tag=amazon0efa-21

howard hall: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0792RDN2V?tag=amazon0efa-21

a

Harry Potter is in the title of the thread, it is not difficult to see that this is a thread for Harry Potter. Please go and discuss Unikitty at length in the appropriate thread. 

I really like how Lego is investing in this theme. Planning ahead by restraining themselves to the first 2 films for this wave. This gives them the potential for at least 4 years of the theme without them busting out all the great set ideas straight away. The investment in new parts and marketing, aswell as the Minifigure series and D2C make me believe that they believe this has the chance of being a flagship theme in the brand.

20 hours ago, Rachie1234 said:

Hopefully there will be another minifigure leak in the next 12 hours

Yes, they are back :grin::thumbup:

14 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

amazon is the best source for knowing the number of the bricks:

Thanks, then I assume it is trustworthy even tough they are odd :wink:

23 minutes ago, cocabottle said:

Nothing we hadn't seen right? Same faces.

Do not think so, but it is still a leak since it not from Lego officially. If they keep leaking we will soon see a new fig we have not seen yet :grin:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, they are back :grin::thumbup:

Thanks, then I assume it is trustworthy even tough they are odd :wink:

Do not think so, but it is still a leak since it not from Lego officially. If they keep leaking we will soon see a new fig we have not seen yet :grin:

Why are they odd?

has anyone else seen the leaks of the non-Hogwarts versions of Harry and Ron? It looks like the clothes that they wore in the forbidden forest so this is most likely going to from the arogog set. The prints look nice.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye12 said:

has anyone else seen the leaks of the non-Hogwarts versions of Harry and Ron? It looks like the clothes that they wore in the forbidden forest so this is most likely going to from the arogog set. The prints look nice.

We saw it 4 days ago. They will be in the aragog set ;)

3 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Why are they odd?

• 157 pcs - $14.99 If we use this set as the norm
  • 132 pcs - $19.99 This set has around 80 pcs to little
  • 500 pcs - $39.99 This has 100 to many
  • 694 pcs - $49.99 This has around 200 to many
  • 753 pcs - $69.99 Around 50 to many so almost the norm
  • 878 pcs - $99.99 About 120 pcs to few, but has a lot of minifigs so that is ok

It is odd that a few of the sets have a lot more pieces than they should according to the price :wacko:

I saw this on facebook.

Speaking of series figures, a Lego store employee confirmed that there will be 22 figures in the series. They also stated that 1 figure will only be found in every 4 boxes. They said it seriously but you can never 100% guarantee that you aren't being messed with. Take it with a pinch of salt but potentially there will be a Harry Potter series figure that is much rather than the current S18 Cop.

Though I presume it means rarer rather than rather when it says rather in the last line.

But if this info is solid then I take it as bad news, though I'd wonder who is special enough to be a chase figure, maybe one of JK herself? :def_shrug:

18 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I saw this on facebook.

Though I presume it means rarer rather than rather when it says rather in the last line.

But if this info is solid then I take it as bad news, though I'd wonder who is special enough to be a chase figure, maybe one of JK herself? :def_shrug:

That would be terrible but yeah probably jk Rowling or a gold Harry Potter or something like that

24 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I saw this on facebook.

People who want to collect 'em all will have a giant problem :laugh:

"I saw this on facebook" should be enough to dispel this as anything other than nonsense. It doesn' even make sense from a retail perspective.

28 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

"I saw this on facebook" should be enough to dispel this as anything other than nonsense. It doesn' even make sense from a retail perspective.

The Facebook part is believable as there are a bunch of different lego groups out there. Where the info is questionable is the Lego store employ as most of the time they have as much info as the common person on here does. As for marketing and retail perspective, I don’t think the mr gold sold well at all because everyone wanted mr gold and only mr gold. I know the cop one per box isn’t popular with kids but I’m not sure how that has affected sales of the series. Though if Lego wants to include someone like jk roweling as the 22nd figure this would be the series to do as people would want the other figures in the series as well so it could help sales 

9 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I saw this on facebook.

I have no problem with series 18 cop being one in a box!

1. All the other figs are much better than it
  2. It is not a army builder type of fig
  3. I assume it is close to the bottom of the favourite list for most kids
  4. Since it is rare, it has a high price with the collectors
  5. Buy one box and you get one

On the other hand if we get a JK Rowling in every 4th box that is a nightmare, you could end up buying 5-6 boxes and not get a single one (and who does that anyway) :wacko: I hope it is not true, but one 1 JK per box I am fine with. Then points 2, 4 and 5 would apply (possible even 3), but see no reason 1 are..

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:
  • 157 pcs - $14.99 If we use this set as the norm
  • 132 pcs - $19.99 This set has around 80 pcs to little
  • 500 pcs - $39.99 This has 100 to many
  • 694 pcs - $49.99 This has around 200 to many
  • 753 pcs - $69.99 Around 50 to many so almost the norm
  • 878 pcs - $99.99 About 120 pcs to few, but has a lot of minifigs so that is ok

It is odd that a few of the sets have a lot more pieces than they should according to the price :wacko:

Do you have followed lego before?

Because TLC has already changed the price of many sets, a lot of time. Sometimes they put a price in the legostore and a few weaks after the price was increasing to 15 euros.

If they think the price is not good for HP wave, don't worry, they will up it.

Who would like to have j.k rowling as minifig?

Not for me.

I guess for a rare minifig or never build like tom riddle, ombrage or Maugrey