Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

He says on page 78:

"The toy fair figures are all half finished stand ins, only look at the press release figures. We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour, it is Dumbledore, which actor we don't like to say."

I see, I still stand by the leaks I saw and think that the “few bits from 3” will be minifigs, I mean what else could it be? There was nothing in the Great Hall, Aragog was only in 2 and 6 (as a corpse) and the Willow set makes sense to include the figures mentioned because it’s easy to include them 3 in one set rather than spread them all out, even if they don’t do Sirius in this set they can do him next year in another “Aragog type set” with Dementors, Harry and Sirius instead of Aragog, Harry and Ron and then the other 2 can focus on Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix (for flavour)

Edited by harleydavid98

8 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

From what I’ve read the Aragog set includes Harry and Ron (as stated), many small spiders, the main build is obviously Aragog who is twice the size of the previous two as an accurate scale to the film, it also comes with Fang and a few tree builds

The Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia set comes with Harry and Ron (again as previously stated), but the odd thing is they’re reportedly not in school robes and have normal size legs (matching up to PoA which makes me believe he’s lying) and also comes with Snape (who we’ve seen), Lupin, Sirius and Peter with a werewolf similar to previous incarnations (Lupin-wolf and the CMF werewolf), which again makes me think they’re lying because why would a set feature a play set from year 2 but figs from year 3, hmmm ?

He also said that there are “secret” minifigures in the Great Hall set that have not been shown to get people hyped when they are shown and these are apparently Peeves the Poltergeist and Tom Riddle, now I believe they could include Tom but I doubt very much that it’d be Peeves

but the thing that rounds it off to me as being a potential lie is the fact that he said there are all new molds aside from Wands and hair, apparently there is a brand new car mold for Mrs Norris, a new rat for Scabbers and a new (more accurate) dog for Fang, this makes me wary because why would they suddenly decide to make all new molds for rats and cats which have always looked the same?

Finally some new leaks to talk about not just speculation! Man these sound really good and I think I believe him. The Great Hall is so amazing and for $100 it's awesome so I think Lego is trying their best with these sets! And 6 minifigs doesn't sound absurd because The Burrow was $10 less and had the same amount of figures and a pig. Can't wait for pics! 

Wow many new rumors. If all of this is true I would buy these sets in a heartbeat (I would have done that anyway tbh) it sounds amazing. A little bit too amazing in my opinion... It all sounds way too good to be true so I'm a little bit sceptical. I hope we'll get some true answers very soon.

4 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

What I’m thinking, and I may be completely wrong, but with the “leaks” from Reddit, I reckon it might not go on as long as people think and it might be 1 set from each year, so year 1 is the Great Hall with all them figs, year 2 is Aragog with Harry, Ron and Fang and year 3 is the Whomping Willow (makes sense because in the book/film it’s got Lupin, Black, Snape and Pettigrew all in one scene)

I haven’t actually seen any confirmation that the Anglia comes with the Willow, what if it’s with Aragog like it has been previously?

if this is the case (and I’d like to have a proper discussion about this because I reckon it could happen) then next year would be 4, 5 & 6 so we’d get Moody, Barty Crouch Jr, Voldemort, Cedric and others from 4, 5 would be Tonks, Kingsley, Sirius (tidy/smart), Kreacher etc, and 6 would be Bellatrix, Fenrir etc, and then for the last year I reckon they’d just do multiple sets for Deathly Hallows, I mean there’s so much, Gringotts (with Dragon), Malfoy manor (RIP Dobby), Battle of Hogwarts (including Aberforth (please please please) and the final duel a small $20 set featuring Harry and Voldemort (with an actual molded Elder wand)

I think you're right and you're wrong here. Right that these three sets appear to each be focused on a different year (1/2/3) which is something that doclord and others have been suggesting for months now. Wrong that this means the line will only go on for one or two waves, and that the next wave will round out the remaining years/books. The principal reason being that LEGO has clearly invested a LOT of resources into rebooting the HP line, and would not realistically do so if they intended to wrap it up in two waves. And, there are 3 more FB movies planned after CoG, which they'll certainly want to promote with new sets (HP sets included).

There isn't solid confirmation about the Anglia as far as I've read. There is (seemingly reliable) confirmation that it includes a tower from the castle, which is the portion that connects to the Great Hall. The Anglia bit originated in an old list of set descriptions (which is at best partially inaccurate, and at worst someone's wishlist with some lucky guesses) in which the set was supposedly called "Anglia Escape" (which we now know to really be "Whomping Willow"). 

8 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

From what I’ve read the Aragog set includes Harry and Ron (as stated), many small spiders, the main build is obviously Aragog who is twice the size of the previous two as an accurate scale to the film, it also comes with Fang and a few tree builds

The Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia set comes with Harry and Ron (again as previously stated), but the odd thing is they’re reportedly not in school robes and have normal size legs (matching up to PoA which makes me believe he’s lying) and also comes with Snape (who we’ve seen), Lupin, Sirius and Peter with a werewolf similar to previous incarnations (Lupin-wolf and the CMF werewolf), which again makes me think they’re lying because why would a set feature a play set from year 2 but figs from year 3, hmmm ?

He also said that there are “secret” minifigures in the Great Hall set that have not been shown to get people hyped when they are shown and these are apparently Peeves the Poltergeist and Tom Riddle, now I believe they could include Tom but I doubt very much that it’d be Peeves

but the thing that rounds it off to me as being a potential lie is the fact that he said there are all new molds aside from Wands and hair, apparently there is a brand new car mold for Mrs Norris, a new rat for Scabbers and a new (more accurate) dog for Fang, this makes me wary because why would they suddenly decide to make all new molds for rats and cats which have always looked the same?

This is kind of hard to parse without seeing first-hand what the guy actually wrote, but most of this sounds accurate as far as what has been leaked so far. But therein lies the problem: it's almost entirely information we already knew. New rat and mouse molds were already revealed in the Great Hall and Birthday CMF, respectively, and a new cat mold has been discussed ever since the prospect of an HP CMF was raised. There's also been a lot of speculation that only the students in the Great Hall will have short legs, since that is based on the first movie, and that the remaining sets, Hogwarts D2C, CMF, etc., would have articulated legs. So no real news there. As has been discussed already, Peeves could be mistaken for Sir Nicholas, and Tom Riddle could just be "hidden" in Quirrel's turban. 

So, the long and the short of it is, this guy might have actual information or he might just be aggregating leaks he's found and adding his own speculation. Which happens a LOT. 

18 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think you're right and you're wrong here. Right that these three sets appear to each be focused on a different year (1/2/3) which is something that doclord and others have been suggesting for months now. Wrong that this means the line will only go on for one or two waves, and that the next wave will round out the remaining years/books. The principal reason being that LEGO has clearly invested a LOT of resources into rebooting the HP line, and would not realistically do so if they intended to wrap it up in two waves. And, there are 3 more FB movies planned after CoG, which they'll certainly want to promote with new sets (HP sets included).

There isn't solid confirmation about the Anglia as far as I've read. There is (seemingly reliable) confirmation that it includes a tower from the castle, which is the portion that connects to the Great Hall. The Anglia bit originated in an old list of set descriptions (which is at best partially inaccurate, and at worst someone's wishlist with some lucky guesses) in which the set was supposedly called "Anglia Escape" (which we now know to really be "Whomping Willow"). 

I would love for that to be the case, imagine a couple of years worth of sets from 1-3, we know this years but next year could be Gringotts for HP 1, the Chamber (with Tom and Ginny) for HP 2 and Saving Buckbeak or Dementor Attack for HP 3

Just now, jdubbs said:

This is kind of hard to parse without seeing first-hand what the guy actually wrote, but most of this sounds accurate as far as what has been leaked so far. But therein lies the problem: it's almost entirely information we already knew. New rat and mouse molds were already revealed in the Great Hall and Birthday CMF, respectively, and a new cat mold has been discussed ever since the prospect of an HP CMF was raised. There's also been a lot of speculation that only the students in the Great Hall will have short legs, since that is based on the first movie, and that the remaining sets, Hogwarts D2C, CMF, etc., would have articulated legs. So no real news there. As has been discussed already, Peeves could be mistaken for Sir Nicholas, and Tom Riddle could just be "hidden" in Quirrel's turban. 

So, the long and the short of it is, this guy might have actual information or he might just be aggregating leaks he's found and adding his own speculation. Which happens a LOT. 

That wouldn’t surprise me tbh, we’ll have to wait to see if he leaks the D2C information seen as we know nothing about that so far, I shall try and keep you posted if he does and if I can find it again, I’m at work today but after that I am going to have a real scout through the internet and see if I can find it, I remember a lot of the stuff he’d said I’d paraphrased because I couldn’t remember exactly what he’d put, if I come across the D2C info then I will make sure to copy it down entirely and take the important information from it and write it how he does

5 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I haven’t actually seen any confirmation that the Anglia comes with the Willow, what if it’s with Aragog like it has been previously?

The Aragog set is supposed to be very small (~150 pieces). It's highly unlikely this would be enough pieces to build both a car and Aragog (unless both are incredibly small/simple). The Shelob set from Lord of the Rings had over 200 pieces and it only included the spider and a very small archway build for Gollum.  

6 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

This is fake news. Lego has never hidden a minifig in an official présentation of a set.

6 minifigs in Whomping willow, fake too, i think.

Actually they have, and recently. Officially released "preview" photos of the Solo Millennium Falcon deliberately omitted 2-3 minifigs (low-res photos of which had already leaked several weeks earlier... leading many to believe that the figs had been cut) but they are indeed in the final set.

HP sets have historically emphasized minifigs, and tend to have substantially more figs for the money than most other licensed sets like Star Wars.

Edited by jdubbs

5 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I see, I still stand by the leaks I saw and think that the “few bits from 3” will be minifigs, I mean what else could it be? There was nothing in the Great Hall, Aragog was only in 2 and 6 (as a corpse) and the Willow set makes sense to include the figures mentioned because it’s easy to include them 3 in one set rather than spread them all out, even if they don’t do Sirius in this set they can do him next year in another “Aragog type set” with Dementors, Harry and Sirius instead of Aragog, Harry and Ron and then the other 2 can focus on Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix (for flavour)

IF The quidditch set exists, tlc may add characters from the 3.

I’ve been up since 6 am (it’s not 8:20) searching through google, I was on page 25 (I know I was desperate) of my google search and I found the Reddit page and the guy has posted some info about the D2C, he hasn’t put anything about the set features, just minifigs and instruction booklet

8 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’ve been up since 6 am (it’s not 8:20) searching through google, I was on page 25 (I know I was desperate) of my google search and I found the Reddit page and the guy has posted some info about the D2C, he hasn’t put anything about the set features, just minifigs and instruction booklet

I’ve just noticed that the guy that posted has the same name, apart from 1 difference, so I think this information is fake and that person is using that other guy’s name to pass around fake info

9 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

Does anyone know if they will make a new version of the Hogwarts Express anytime soon because it’s a set I’ve always wanted but just never got

Not this wave, but highly likely in a future wave possibly already in wave no. two :classic:

9 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Yeah, end of this year D2C set, although I’m still unsure if this is confirmed or not ?

No offence, but you are late to party and are all over the place. That is fine, we are all hyped we are getting the sets, but you probably need to practice your skill to differentiate between wild speculation and what is likely coming :wacko:

For instance all signs point to the d2c are being a huge Hogwarts castle, there have been some wild speculation that it is the Hogwarts Express instead, but this is highly unlikely :wink:

11 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Well this sound to good to be true imo, but depends on what the leaker wrote exactly:

• it probably have a few spiders, is e.g. 3 many?
  • "Aragog twice the size", that sounds way to big to include in a small sett with a low price point
  • "a few tree builds", is there any more bricks for that, no way we are getting a small forest in this set. I can see they include a small foliage part with a spider web, but not several trees :sceptic:
  • I expect to see Fang somewhere, but was expecting him in the cmf or a later wave. It is possible, Lego have made a few different dog breeds lately. Most in the cmfs, but maybe they will reuse him in a cmf or others sets, that would bring down the cost..

Lupin, Sirius and Peter could be the "flavour from move 3", but a werewolf head on Lupin, unless he is in the middle of turning that do not make any sense. A fully turned werewolf looks noting like a minifig and Lego has come a far way since 2004. 6 figs sounds more plausible than 3 figs in a set of that size at least :wink:

e also said that there are “secret” minifigures in the Great Hall set that have not been shown to get people hyped when they are shown and these are apparently Peeves the Poltergeist and Tom Riddle, now I believe they could include Tom but I doubt very much that it’d be Peeves

Seems highly unlikely unless they have mixed up the figs with Nick and Quirrell! The designer included the basilisk since the only antagonist was Quirrell..

Well here are you misinformed, there are 2 different rats, 2 different cats and several dogs and most also come in many colours over the years! We already know we are getting the 3 rat for this wave (even tough it is released in the Arctic set first it is made for HP). A now Fang is also possible as stated earlier in the post, but where is Mrs Norris?! It is possible they give her a new mould of a sitting cat (something like the chihuahua), but I would guess a new print is more likely. I would expect to see her in the cmf or d2c, but which of the sets you have mentioned is she suppose to be in *huh*

Just now, Roebuck said:

No offence, but you are late to party and are all over the place. That is fine, we are all hyped we are getting the sets, but you probably need to practice your skill to differentiate between wild speculation and what is likely coming :wacko:

With this one I read it wrong, I thought it said Hogwarts Castle, I just saw “Hogwarts and assumed Castle” and it wasn’t until it was too late that I actually noticed ?

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well here are you misinformed, there are 2 different rats, 2 different cats and several dogs and most also come in many colours over the years! We already know we are getting the 3 rat for this wave (even tough it is released in the Arctic set first it is made for HP).

Already stated before that I didn’t realise a new rat was coming out

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

but where is Mrs Norris?! It is possible they give her a new mould of a sitting cat (something like the chihuahua), but I would guess a new print is more likely. I would expect to see her in the cmf or d2c, but which of the sets you have mentioned is she suppose to be in

I have no idea, I just report the information I had read, he just said “cat” and I just presumed it was more likely to be Mrs Norris than Crookshanks

19 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I have no idea, I just report the information I had read, he just said “cat” and I just presumed it was more likely to be Mrs Norris than Crookshanks

Ok, Crookshanks is more likely to get a new mould, because he looks different from the Lego cat, but I am not expecting him before the second wave :classic:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Ok, Crookshanks is more likely to get a new mould, because he looks different from the Lego cat, but I am not expecting him before the second wave :classic:

That’s what I was thinking, Crookshanks came out in PoA so makes sense to be in the next wave, should be interesting to see next year’s sets

3 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’ve just noticed that the guy that posted has the same name, apart from 1 difference, so I think this information is fake and that person is using that other guy’s name to pass around fake info

Where exactly did you find this info?

Just something to keep in mind while discussing 75950 (Aragog kit) - it's $14.99 US and 157 parts. It's not that big, and for what it's worth, the rest of this anonymous fellow's speculation doesn't sound particularly accurate to me.

Considering that the designer was discussing sets, I reckon the PoA influence is absolutely going to be in the Whomping Willow set. It will have the Ford Anglica for the scene in Book 2 where the car crashes, but I will be immensely surprised if it doesn't also come with Lupin or Snape or Sirius in dog form for a bit of PoA flavour. It's one of the most important locations in PoA and considering that LEGO probably won't make a Shrieking Shack again, this set is where you stage your Lupin/Sirius fight. It doesn't sound bizarre to me then that Harry and Ron could be in muggle clothing and have regular legs in this set.

The details of the Aragog set sound slightly too good to be true. I would expect an Aragog similar in size to the one from the 2010 Hagrid's Hut, coupled with Harry and Ron (short legged versions in school uniform), and maybe one small tree build with an action feature. If we do get Fang with it though, that'd be amazing.

I don't think Peeves being in the D2C Hogwarts is in any way outside of the realm of possibility. It's a massive set generally aimed at hardcore adult collectors; having a few obscure, special minifigs is probably fairly likely.

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

6 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

What did he said?

5 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I don't think Peeves being in the D2C Hogwarts is in any way outside of the realm of possibility. It's a massive set generally aimed at hardcore adult collectors; having a few obscure, special minifigs is probably fairly likely.

But what would they base Peeves' appearance on since he never appeared on the movies?

Edited by HarryPotter

8 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

But what would they base Peeves' appearance on since he never appeared on the movies?

There is a deleted scene which they could base the appearance on. 

11 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Peeves was filmed for the movie but cut because the director wasn’t happy with the end result. That doesn’t, however, mean we are getting a minifig of him. 

6 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

It would really help if, if instead of describing the set descriptions you have found, you could quote them in their entirety or better yet, link to them. It’s really hard to differentiate the info you say you’ve found from your own speculation/interpretation. 

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Yeah, maybe.

Would definitely be a smart move to utilize elements of the books on the D2C, it could catch the interest of fans of the books who don't like/care for the movies.

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

It would be ridiculous to get peeves. These sets are based off of the movies, not the books.

we got peeves in 2001 though

3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

What did he said?

2 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Or the non lego games from years ago, the deleted scene was never shown to public so nobody will see that version as peeves, but the games were played by many and it's his only appearance outside of the books. They are also owned by Warner Bros what helps against licensing issues.

About Aragog, it could be a very simplistic build with huge pieces, like they do for juniors. Thinking about it, how big is the chance for it to be a juniors set?

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

It would be ridiculous to get peeves. These sets are based off of the movies, not the books.

Again. Peeves was in the film but they ended up cutting him from the final film so it’s not just based of the books. In fact I once heard a rumour that they even featured him in some of the later films so that when they eventually for some huge anniversary could release all the scenes..