Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, hotdogs11 said:

I hope that somewhere down the line we will get a Lego Dark Mark.

How, exactly? It's either a spell projection or a tattoo. Neither would be a three-dimensional construct in bricks, and making a skull with a snake coming out of it would be tricky with LEGO pieces, anyway.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

How, exactly? It's either a spell projection or a tattoo. Neither would be a three-dimensional construct in bricks, and making a skull with a snake coming out of it would be tricky with LEGO pieces, anyway.

Idk. Maybe it would have to be a separate set. I doubt that they would make one. Probably a sticker.

22 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Perhaps the part of the castle we see here are hints to what we'll find in the D2C

It's just a picture of the castle. No hints probably.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's just a picture of the castle. No hints probably.

That was already answered.

3 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

Do we have all the rumored set numbers for the wave? Are we still getting store exclusives?

Look back through the thread to find them.

4 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

Do we have all the rumored set numbers for the wave? Are we still getting store exclusives?

I’m not sure if the front page is updated or not, but we do know most of the set numbers. We seem to be getting two store exclusives, one for HP that @Catanas hints will be a Quidditch set, and one for Crimes of Grindelwald. 

1 hour ago, hotdogs11 said:

Look back through the thread to find them.

Some people don’t follow the thread every day and don’t have the time or patience to look back through several pages of mostly speculation. 

17 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m not sure if the front page is updated or not, but we do know most of the set numbers. We seem to be getting two store exclusives, one for HP that @Catanas hints will be a Quidditch set, and one for Crimes of Grindelwald. 

Some people don’t follow the thread every day and don’t have the time or patience to look back through several pages of mostly speculation. 

Thank you so much 

2 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Maybe we are in front of our eyes all the sets of Hogwarts

1523094316-castle-hp.png

That's what I thought although I a little concerned about the size of the main tower compared to the rest of the castle

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's what I thought although I a little concerned about the size of the main tower compared to the rest of the castle

So am I. What I fear is going to happen is that TLG will just release the rest of the castle so that it connects to the great hall and the large tower. This would be a let down because then the whole castle will be in the same style as the Great Hall set, which IMO is nowhere near Disney Castle quality.

Has anyone confirmed that the HP D2C is actually Hogwarts? Lego is bringing out new trains this summer, and I was wondering if we might be getting a new Hogwarts Express / Kings Cross station? I have no insider info, this is pure speculation, but it would solve the whole "two Great Halls" debate. (Unless a trusted leaker has actually confirmed what the D2C is, in which case I apologise!)

40 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

So am I. What I fear is going to happen is that TLG will just release the rest of the castle so that it connects to the great hall and the large tower. This would be a let down because then the whole castle will be in the same style as the Great Hall set, which IMO is nowhere near Disney Castle quality.

Yep, I agree.

Great Hall is a great standard set but not the quality I expect from a D2C/UCS set.

13 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I for one, don't.

Edited by hotdogs11
It will make more sense.

49 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Has anyone confirmed that the HP D2C is actually Hogwarts? Lego is bringing out new trains this summer, and I was wondering if we might be getting a new Hogwarts Express / Kings Cross station? I have no insider info, this is pure speculation, but it would solve the whole "two Great Halls" debate. (Unless a trusted leaker has actually confirmed what the D2C is, in which case I apologise!)

I just don't see how a train and a station could cost $500+. People want the Hogwarts express, but not for that much. 

8 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I just don't see how a train and a station could cost $500+. People want the Hogwarts express, but not for that much. 

Yeah. The only way they could do it is if it was minifig scale. Even then, the King's Cross would have to be huge.

6 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Maybe we are in front of our eyes all the sets of Hogwarts

I don't believe so.  I imagine the D2C set will be able to stand alone.

I really wouldn't stress over anything that's basically just guessing at what something may look like... that nobody has seen. Let the designers do their work on the main D2C set... and THEN see if it isn't working for you.

The image of the castle has been edited. The original image includes some more towers off to the right. It very well could be a hint as to what the D2C set could look like. 

1 hour ago, Legocollinfreak said:

The image of the castle has been edited. The original image includes some more towers off to the right. It very well could be a hint as to what the D2C set could look like. 

Idk, but why else would they do it?

Yeah, I kinda agree. I mean even the boathouse at the bottom is cut out. But that could be just so they could crop it for the site. But why edit an image like that. They could have very easily just thrown up the image from google and put the green filter to it. 

Just now, Legocollinfreak said:

Yeah, I kinda agree. I mean even the boathouse at the bottom is cut out. But that could be just so they could crop it for the site. But why edit an image like that. They could have very easily just thrown up the image from google and put the green filter to it. 

If that is the case, they might've cut it out so they can use it for another set with maybe Snape and Voldemort for Snape's death scene 

You are all aware that this is just Hogwarts Castle from Philosophers Stone right? The castle’s appearance changed multiple times with each director. LEGO haven’t edited Hogwarts, they only cropped the picture so we can’t see the boathouse.

22 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

75950 Aragog set for 20€

75951 Grindelwald's Escape for 30€

75952 Newt Scamander's Briefcase for 70€

75953 Whomping Willow for 50€

75954 Great Halls for 100€

And 2 retailer exclusives:

75955 Quidditch set (price unknown)

75956 CoG set for 40€

2 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

You are all aware that this is just Hogwarts Castle from Philosophers Stone right? The castle’s appearance changed multiple times with each director. LEGO haven’t edited Hogwarts, they only cropped the picture so we can’t see the boathouse.

Yes, I know the castle changes but there is a whole big section they photoshopped out. To the right, there should a long building with two towers. They later became the bell towers.