Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Roebuck said:

-Hermione looking like a cat after drinking the Polyjuice Potion

-Harry and Ron as Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe

Who's ever watched Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets and thought they'd really like Cat Hermione as a minifigure?

i also don't see the point in Harry/Ron, Goyle/Crabbe minifigures unless you mean just as they are about to turn back into Harry and Ron.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Actually, we have Basilisk for this wave :grin:

I know it's just a small weird creature built from 40 bricks...

That tadpole do not count, was only added for the kids :tongue:

10 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

I think they made it in bricks because of fantastic beast. As they do beasts in brick in FB, they want to do the same thing in HB. Moreover, it cost less expensive to use bricks for beast.

It has not anything to do with FB, but as you say it is the price.. The moulded animals cost more, so they can not make a lot of them to one set. Both HP and FB have moulded and brick built animals in the sets :wink:

3 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Who's ever watched Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets and thought they'd really like Cat Hermione as a minifigure?

i also don't see the point in Harry/Ron, Goyle/Crabbe minifigures unless you mean just as they are about to turn back into Harry and Ron.

It is not about what I want, but you can be sure the trio would not be like normal figs in the cmf, they somehow needs to be different from the figs in the sets..
Lego has actually made a set with Harry/Ron as Goyle/Crabbe in the past so not so far fetched :wink:

21 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That tadpole do not count, was only added for the kids :tongue:

It has not anything to do with FB, but as you say it is the price.. The moulded animals cost more, so they can not make a lot of them to one set. Both HP and FB have moulded and brick built animals in the sets :wink:

It is not about what I want, but you can be sure the trio would not be like normal figs in the cmf, they somehow needs to be different from the figs in the sets..
Lego has actually made a set with Harry/Ron as Goyle/Crabbe in the past so not so far fetched :wink:

ahaa maybe.

Roebuck, when we will have the harry potter sets in our home, we will be able to celebrate this.

Many months here to talk about rumours, rumours and rumours lol

Maybe this has been discussed earlier and I just missed it, but over on Instagram, there's a fuzzy picture under the hashtags #legoleak and #legoleaks of a Harry Potter BrickHeadz double pack, with Harry, Hermione, and a Snowy Owl. Is this legit or not?

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Maybe this has been discussed earlier and I just missed it, but over on Instagram, there's a fuzzy picture under the hashtags #legoleak and #legoleaks of a Harry Potter BrickHeadz double pack, with Harry, Hermione, and a Snowy Owl. Is this legit or not?

Looks real to me

37 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not sure if the picture is legit, but 41615 and 41616 are definitely "Harry & Hedwig" and "Hermione".

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks pretty real to me and they seem to be extremely adorable. 

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't see the good picture of it. Just a blurred image.

From the brickshow: 

Harry Potter and Hedwig (41615), and Hermione Granger (41616). These sets are expected to be released sometime this fall. Both sets highlight our classic HP characters during their first days as students of Hogwarts. Set 41615 highlights Harry’s Gryffindor black robe, that comes with a unique 1×1 printed tile for the Gryffindor coat of arms, a printd 1×4 tile for the end portion of his red and yellow scarf, and a wand. The Harry Potter BrickHeadz will also use the newer circular eyeglasses piece which I think was first used in Go Brick Me (41597). Lastly of course, he will also use a unique 1×4 printed tile piece that shows his iconic forehead scar.

Hedwig’s BrickHeadz iteration is not to be outdone either: the snowy white owl seems to use a new kind printed of piece for his wings as well. We’ll confirm this once we have a better image of the set. This version of Hedwig also adds to the roster of LEGO’s ever-growing non-humanoid BrickHeadz builds that LEGO came up with after the official reveal of the Jurassic World Owen and Blue (41614) set.

Hermione Granger (41616) also shows a BrickHeadz version of her during her early years at Hogwarts. It features her gray cardigan and tie uniform (there’s a unique printed tile for her necktie), a spell book and a wand. All in all, this collection of LEGO BrickHeadz took their inspiration from the classic, early years of Harry Potter as we can see below.

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Nah, I think the first wave of minifigures will be normal Harry, Ron and Hermione. Variants will come later.

Why in the name of all that is holy, would you take a picture of some previously unseen set and make it purposely super blurry. 

4 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Nah, I think the first wave of minifigures will be normal Harry, Ron and Hermione. Variants will come later.

Why would we get normal variants of characters easily available in sets? This CMF series would be like the Ninjago and Batman movie ones. There were no basic variants repeated from sets except for the Green Ninja. 

On 4/2/2018 at 3:59 AM, Roebuck said:

-Hermione looking like a cat after drinking the Polyjuice Potion

I think you might be up to something since they just introduced this mask mould

Toy-Fair-2018-LEGO-Official-Minifigures-Series-18-Party-07.jpg

That would also explain why the cat costume was made with a full mask, unlike the Elephant, Dragon and Spider who have open masks showing the face of the minifigure

8 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That Brickhead picture is way too blurry. Makes me suspect it's fake.

Brickshow have already done such blurring in the past with real images.

Edited by dimaks13

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Why would we get normal variants of characters easily available in sets? This CMF series would be like the Ninjago and Batman movie ones. There were no basic variants repeated from sets except for the Green Ninja. 

I'm sure the first Simpsons CMF was standard Simpsons family minifigures. If they were going to do variants surely they'd go for something less out there like Harry and Ron in the Weasley jumpers knitted by Molly?

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Brickshow have already done such blurring in the past with real images.

But not as blurry as that, surely? Why blur something out beyond visibility if you have nothing to hide?

49 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

But not as blurry as that, surely?

Actually it was that blurry.

7 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I'm sure the first Simpsons CMF was standard Simpsons family minifigures. If they were going to do variants surely they'd go for something less out there like Harry and Ron in the Weasley jumpers knitted by Molly?

But not as blurry as that, surely? Why blur something out beyond visibility if you have nothing to hide?

Yeah, but the Simpsons was a curious Lego theme because it only had 2 CMF series and 2 $200 sets in the whole theme. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got Harry and Ron in the Weasley sweaters! Those would be great exclusive figures. 

19 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

With 22 minifigs in the CMF, you are probably both right. I would expect one "hero" set of Harry/Ron/Hermione in either their most iconic street clothes or in their Hogwarts uniforms, and another "quirky" set of more unique variants like Feline Hermione. CMF figs are typically deluxe compared to figs included in regular sets, so I would expect to see arm/leg printing, dual molding, and unique accessories to differentiate the "hero" figs from the system set equivalents.

7 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Because money. That way they can do a post/video this week showing off the blurred-out shot, followed by another post/video next week showing the clear photo. 2x ad revenue when you turn one story into two.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

With 22 minifigs in the CMF, you are probably both right. I would expect one "hero" set of Harry/Ron/Hermione in either their most iconic street clothes or in their Hogwarts uniforms, and another "quirky" set of more unique variants like Feline Hermione. CMF figs are typically deluxe compared to figs included in regular sets, so I would expect to see arm/leg printing, dual molding, and unique accessories to differentiate the "hero" figs from the system set equivalents.

The worst scenario to me is if they do something close to batman cmfs with around half of the figs variants of the main characters in all kind of crazy outfits. One Harry from every year at Hogwarts, Dumbledore on vacation or similar stuff:sick: The best scenario would be as few of the characters that are in the sets as possible, the truth is probably something in between. Maybe 10-12 unique figs in the cmf and 10-12 variants of figs that are in the sets..

I do not remember, but I think most of the batman cmf had 1 second (a few maybe up to 10 seconds) of screen-time in the film, but they all where in the movie right?! If that is the case we won't get any complete useless figs at least :tongue:

29 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The worst scenario to me is if they do something close to batman cmfs with around half of the figs variants of the main characters in all kind of crazy outfits. One Harry from every year at Hogwarts, Dumbledore on vacation or similar stuff:sick: The best scenario would be as few of the characters that are in the sets as possible, the truth is probably something in between. Maybe 10-12 unique figs in the cmf and 10-12 variants of figs that are in the sets..

I do not remember, but I think most of the batman cmf had 1 second (a few maybe up to 10 seconds) of screen-time in the film, but they all where in the movie right?! If that is the case we won't get any complete useless figs at least :tongue:

I think the Batman CMF was the way it was because they didn't have too many other things to do with that CMF line. I haven't seen the movie in a while so I might be wrong.

16 minutes ago, norlego said:

So is the HP CMF actually happening? I'm really confused

No need to be confused :tongue: There is coming a cmf named something like 71022 "Wizarding World" with 22 different figs, what the figs look like and if there is figs only from HP or both HP and FB is still in the blue :wink:

33 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

I think the Batman CMF was the way it was because they didn't have too many other things to do with that CMF line. I haven't seen the movie in a while so I might be wrong.

There were also so many Batman costume variations that people would have complained if the CMF didn't have at least a few of them. (Though, 5 is a bit excessive). I think they must have been planning two CMF series from the get-go, so they had room to spread out the secondary characters and still give us multiple Batmans. 

TLNM CMF is probably a better comparison for HP. 2 Lloyds, 3 Garmadons, everyone else was unique.