Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I think there will be a great hall in the D2C, because one of the things a lot of you are forget is, Lego's target are kids and a kid probably won't be able to afford a $600 set, but they might be able to afford a $100 set, on the other hand if a kid is able to pay $600 for a set, I doubt Lego would omit an iconic section of the castle and make them pay an extra $100 for it.

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is suitcase 40€ or 70€? I hope it is 70 because we can get cheap CoG set and a big detailed suitcase with all first movie characters.

The other set could also be a HP set (there has been some talk about a quidditch for 40$).. If the suitcase is 70, I guess it is very likely it will include Newt, Jacob, Tina and Queenie :wub:

I also think there is a 7th limited set at least if one of the 6 sets have the number 75956, find it unlikely that Lego will skip set no. 75955 (I guess FB if it is only 2 FB sets among the 6 or maybe HP if there is 3 FB sets among the 6) :wink:

I believe that the D2C will include a Great Hall since the set that we have seen is connected to a tower, where the Marble Staircase Tower would go, and since the D2C is going to have this tower and the Great Hall 75954 it can not be Separate from the tower included in the set, obviously the D2C will include another Great Hall.

1 hour ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

I believe that the D2C will include a Great Hall since the set that we have seen is connected to a tower, where the Marble Staircase Tower would go, and since the D2C is going to have this tower and the Great Hall 75954 it can not be Separate from the tower included in the set, obviously the D2C will include another Great Hall.

Where does it say that the d2c must have that tower *huh* If they can ship the great hall they can easily ship a tower, plenty of towers to take from! If the sets connect the d2c will get the tower from the great hall set.. You may be right, but unless you know for a fact that the 2dc will have the tower your argument are close to Erasmus Montanus :tongue:

I can not imagine the D2C without the Marble Staircase Tower, if you already removed the Great Hall and now the iconic tower, which class of Hogwarts awaits us? :wacko:

20 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Per the press release, the  GH connects to the Whomping Willow set in some way.

There are 3 connection points on the Hall, so the Whomping Willow clearly isn’t the only set that can connect to it. 

Assuming the rumors of a $500+ D2C Hogwarts are true, I think it will most likely be a self-contained, all-inclusive model, and not dependent on (but still compatible with) any smaller retail sets like the Great Hall. The main reason (aside from the Great Hall being the most iconic/recognizable part of the castle) being that the sales lifespan for D2C sets is typically 2-3 years minimum (and sometimes much longer), whereas licensed retail sets are rarely if ever sold longer than 2 years. If Hogwarts didn't include the Great Hall, demand for it would drop off dramatically once the Great Hall retires, since you'd no longer be able to complete the model.

My guess is that LEGO approaches HP like they do Star Wars: smaller System Scale sets can coexist with larger UCS sets, as was the case with 75105 Millennium Falcon ($150) and 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon ($800). In which case we'd see a larger-scale Great Hall and adjoining tower in the D2C Hogwarts set. Kids will ask for the $500+ Hogwarts set but settle for the $90 Great Hall. AFOL completists will end up buying both since the minifig selection will likely be different. 

Edited by jdubbs

I sorta have the feeling that if we are getting a D2C Hogwarts it’ll be a non-minifigure compatible scale model like the Big Ben or Taj Majal sets, but we’ll see.

11 minutes ago, Yochip said:

I sorta have the feeling that if we are getting a D2C Hogwarts it’ll be a non-minifigure compatible scale model like the Big Ben or Taj Majal sets, but we’ll see.

I really hope not! I've had the dream of playing with minifigs in Hogwarts for so long and I'll be really upset if that doesn't happen

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There are 3 connection points on the Hall, so the Whomping Willow clearly isn’t the only set that can connect to it. 

I think there is only 2.  Something is up with the connection point on the tower.  Unless there is a new 1x1 brick with the holes going each way through it, the connection piece is turned differently in both of the pictures.  

34 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I really hope not! I've had the dream of playing with minifigs in Hogwarts for so long and I'll be really upset if that doesn't happen

I too have been pondering if it will be an Architect-type set but hopefully this is not the case.

The 2010 Great Hall is on my desk...I love looking at it when I'm working; seeing Harry and everyone in there makes me happy. A closed up, tiny set would not be the same.

1 minute ago, joeee said:

I too have been pondering if it will be an Architect-type set but hopefully this is not the case.

The 2010 Great Hall is on my desk...I love looking at it when I'm working; seeing Harry and everyone in there makes me happy. A closed up, tiny set would not be the same.

I do not think is is very likely with that high price, 2-300$ should make a decent architecture Hogwarts. 500+$ seems more like minifigs and a detailed inventory :wink:
Hogwarts is not only a castle with a nice silhouette, the people living there and all the fantastic inventory is more important to most fans. The Big Ben on the other hand is most known for the building itself then what it have on the inside..

It is possible, but I for one would be disappointed :cry_sad:

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The other set could also be a HP set (there has been some talk about a quidditch for 40$).. If the suitcase is 70, I guess it is very likely it will include Newt, Jacob, Tina and Queenie :wub:

I also think there is a 7th limited set at least if one of the 6 sets have the number 75956, find it unlikely that Lego will skip set no. 75955 (I guess FB if it is only 2 FB sets among the 6 or maybe HP if there is 3 FB sets among the 6) :wink:

Counting only regular system sets, we are getting 4 Harry Potter and 3 Fantastic Beasts. For HP Aragog, Whomping Willow, Great Hall and Quidditch. For FB Thestral Carriage, another Crimes of Grindelwald set and Newt's suitcase.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Counting only regular system sets, we are getting 4 Harry Potter and 3 Fantastic Beasts. For HP Aragog, Whomping Willow, Great Hall and Quidditch. For FB Thestral Carriage, another Crimes of Grindelwald set and Newt's suitcase.

I‘ve never heard of somebody saying we would get a quidditch set, is it just a rumor or true?

Edited by topiku

41 minutes ago, topiku said:

I‘ve never heard of somebody saying we would get a quidditch set, is it just a rumour or true?

Pretty sure it's just a rumor.

Honestly. I'd rather Hagrid's Hut than Quidditch.

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wouldn't say this is clearly the case.  Even if there are 3 connection points, the Whomping Willow set could be made up of 3 parts that connect.

1 hour ago, topiku said:

I‘ve never heard of somebody saying we would get a quidditch set, is it just a rumour or true?

So far, a strong rumor.

Guys, remembre what the désigner said last Time: wave about 1-2 movie so the D2c Will be a Castle with chamber of secrets, with philosopher' stone room, with girl's toilett, with slytherin and gryffindor room.

I don't think we will see the great hall once again in D2c , because of the price of the Great Hall. 100 dollars is not the same thing that saruman throne room (15 dollars) and Isengard (200 dollars)

not the same scale of the price.

i think that womping willow and D2c Will be connectable with the Great Hall. 99% sur. What Will be the reason to link only the great hall and the womping willow? All the sets Will be linked.

6 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I think there is only 2.  Something is up with the connection point on the tower.  Unless there is a new 1x1 brick with the holes going each way through it, the connection piece is turned differently in both of the pictures.  

Looks like you’re right, there are only 2 connection points. My mistake! 

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I wouldn't say this is clearly the case.  Even if there are 3 connection points, the Whomping Willow set could be made up of 3 parts that connect.

So far, a strong rumor.

I doubt a $70 set would have enough room for a car, a giant tree, and a piece of Hogwarts that connects to the Great Hall unless they just want us to have a tree coming out of the back of the Hall. I think that it’s designed to connect to something else. Maybe Lego will release the D2C without a Hall but keep the Great Hall set on shelves as long as the D2C.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Guys, remembre what the désigner said last Time: wave about 1-2 movie so the D2c Will be a Castle with chamber of secrets, with philosopher' stone room, with girl's toilett, with slytherin and gryffindor room.

I don't think we will see the great hall once again in D2c , because of the price of the Great Hall. 100 dollars is not the same thing that saruman throne room (15 dollars) and Isengard (200 dollars)

not the same scale of the price.

i think that womping willow and D2c Will be connectable with the Great Hall. 99% sur. What Will be the reason to link only the great hall and the womping willow? All the sets Will be linked.

I don’t think the designer was including the D2C in his comment, personally. They’re not doing multiple 500$+ castles and I think people would bristle at a half complete castle at that price.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like you’re right, there are only 2 connection points. My mistake! 

I doubt a $70 set would have enough room for a car, a giant tree, and a piece of Hogwarts that connects to the Great Hall unless they just want us to have a tree coming out of the back of the Hall. I think that it’s designed to connect to something else. Maybe Lego will release the D2C without a Hall but keep the Great Hall set on shelves as long as the D2C.

However, after reading the press release again it says combine the GH with the WW. Looking at the descriptions of 3 Lego batman movie sets that went together to make the power plant, they all say connect. You very well might be correct. Maybe I was to loosely defining the word combine. 

Ahhh, the uncertainty!  I'd love to get more sets that haven't been done before, like the Whomping Willow rather than another Quidditch set.  I know of course that many people were not able to get the sets in 2010-2011, but there are so many parts of the Harry Potter world that haven't been attempted before that I wish they'd try something new. 

For instance:

• Cave set with a couple of Inferi from HBP (small boat and outcropping, similar to the LOTR set a few years back with Bilbo and Gollum)
  • Weasley family tent from GF (a fun way to get some Bulgaria, Ireland torso prints)
  • Ministry of Magic (both the main lobby with fountain, and Department of Mysteries)
  • Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (colorful set that could fit in with Diagon Alley)
  • Hogsmeade (Any of the shops, particularly in a winter scene as that was emphasized in the films)
  • Umbridge's Office (with its loads of pink)
  • Anything with the centaurs (off all the magical creatures, these are the ones I would most like to see)

I know these are mostly from the later books (while these upcoming sets are starting with 1-2) but they're still on my wish list.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you know for a fact? The rumours are sure going in that direction, and it is fine by mine if that is the case :wink: 4+3 sets, a huge d2c and 22 cmf that is not half bad for a first wave :tongue:

7 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Personally I would be surprised if the d2c have the chamber of secrets since they put in a small brick built basilisk in GH. I see it more as a later add on like 4730 in 2002. 4709: Hogwarts Castle had 682 pieces and 4730: The Chamber of Secrets had 591 so almost as big as the main castle *huh* If it is included they better put in a moulded basilisk :tongue:

7 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

think that womping willow and D2c Will be connectable with the Great Hall. 99% sur. What Will be the reason to link only the great hall and the womping willow? All the sets Will be linked.

I agree as stated earlier, but more like 60% sure:grin: It they connect they go back to the roots:
latest?cb=20120322131250

There's no reason the d2c would follow the film 1-2 situation, that's for the the normal rage of sets.

I should actually be happy that we are getting a cmf Harry Potter series, but i just can‘t be..

Let‘s say they put figures in there like Remus, Sirius, Mad eye etc., that means that they won‘t show up in future sets for a while, because whats the point of having a cmf series with characters you could get form sets. 

And I don‘t like this because I can‘t spend 3,99€ on a single minifigure.

What‘s your opinion on this topic?

CMS figs are the kind of thing that wouldn't show up in a regular set, so a set could easily have a regular suited  Lupin or Sirius, but the CMS might have Lupin in his cardigan or Sirius in his prisoner robes.