Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

23 hours ago, Roebuck said:

"Missing" from the great hall set:

1. Neville Longbottom
  2. Professor Severus Snape
  3. Filch

Plus Mrs Norris, Voldemort and two Dementors.

Looks like we'll be getting Remus Lupin this summer

A Lego Harry Potter Character Guide coming out August 28th on Barnesandnoble.com states "Find out about all of your favorite professors...and even which one is a werewolf!"

2 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

A Lego Harry Potter Character Guide coming out August 28th on Barnesandnoble.com states "Find out about all of your favorite professors...and even which one is a werewolf!"

Welcome to the magical LEGO(R) Wizarding World of Harry Potter(TM)! Learn about all your favorite characters, from Hogwarts heroes like Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley to world-famous wizards like Albus Dumbledore and Godric Gryffindor!

Learn how many middle names Dumbledore has (a lot!) and which Hogwarts professor is secretly a werewolf. Every page is packed with fun facts and epic moments--and there's even a poster inside!

it talks about godric gryffindor too 

5 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I wonder if he's in the Womping Willow? Surely that or the D2C, I can't see him being inanything else.

Wait! Could the reason we're getting 22 figs in the CMF line is because the original Hogwarts founders will get figs?

15 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Wait! Could the reason we're getting 22 figs in the CMF line is because the original Hogwarts founders will get figs?

I was thinking maybe they'll just put the house ghosts in the D2C which will likely be less movies 1-3 and more the whole series, which would allow the grey lady to be based off deathly hallows, and considering they put NEarly Headless Nick in the Great Hall it seems likely they might do the same with the D2C, it would make them more collecatble and I can see those being more likely to satisfy someone who forks out $500 for some rare figs as opposed to someone like Snape who should be more easily accessible. So if that's true adn they don't put them in the collectible figs maybe they'll put the founders.

I guess the funders could have some horcruxes if figures.

But they might just be portraits in d2c set?

I think Lupin, Snape, Sirius, and Pettigrew will be with the Whomping Willow which will be what Nabii was talking about a little bit of 3. 

As for the D2C, I think we will get figs and have rooms from all 8. Probably about 15. I just hope we get some minifigs exclusive to the set or a costume change. That was my biggest gripe with the UCS Falcon for an $800 set it only has two exclusive minifigs. 

Edited by RODDY

46 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I think Lupin, Snape, Sirius, and Pettigrew will be with the Whomping Willow which will be what Nabii was talking about a little bit of 3. 

If that did happen, it'd be likely to have the Shrieking Shack as they don't do as much outside. Maybe an apparatus to fling hound Sirius at Werewolf Lupin if that isn't the case but there's not much else they can do without the shack

Also, I have a question for @Nabii, is the first floor on the tower supposed to be the potions classroom with the cauldron and the potions on the table

Edited by RealGeronimo11

4 hours ago, deskp said:

I guess the funders could have some horcruxes if figures.

But they might just be portraits in d2c set?

I think all the horcruxes deserve to appear. And so the Deathly Hallows

Horcruxes:

Diary: The Nexo Knights book with a 2x1 printed tile saying "Hello. My name is Tom Riddle"

Ring: New ring mould with a hole so you can put an infinity stone on it

Cup: The old trophy mould with a letter H printed on it

Diadem: New molud similar to the S7 Bride's tiara

Locket: New mold similar to the medal with a letter S printed

Nagini: New big snake mould, in striking position

Deathly Hallows:

Resurrection Stone: reuse of the infinty stones mould

Elder Wand: It deserved a new mould but we already saw the gave Dumbledore a regular wand

Invisibility Cloak: This one is tricky, but I think a plastic cape would do (similar to the S14 Spider Lady's)

Edited by Robert8

On 2/24/2018 at 12:14 AM, Robert8 said:

If these sets do well in the streets (which I bet they wil) I'm sure there will be more portions of the Hogwarts released as separated sets like the Great Hall set

I can see them releasing the third floor corridor and the Underground Chambers as a set. Fluffy would be there (and an alternate version of Quirrell). 

Such set would include Fluffy's chamber, the Devil Snare's room, the Winged Keys chamber, the giant chess room, the potions chamber and the final chamber where the Mirror of Erised is located

I think it would be cool if we got a "Wizard's Chess" chess set with Harry, Ron, and Hermione as swapable figures. LEGO has done Chess Sets before (especially for Pirates and Castle) so a more traditional one with a little bonus HP content would be fun.

I'd mainly want this because in the original version of the third floor corridor set the only representation of the chess scene was one poorly printed queen. I'd prefer a remake to put more attention into fluffy and maybe include extra flying keys while the chess pieces get their own thing. The Mirror is already in the Great Hall set after all, so they aren't afraid to split up the scene!

Hey guys so, I decided to make a thing. What with all the rumors circulating around what figs we'll get in the D2C I decided to go through the Harry Potter Wiki and figure out which movie each character first appeared in. I then condensed those characters into a color coded list detailing weather or not they got a set release and which "era" they have appeared in most recently. I didn't make a full list of EVERY character in the films though, background characters with no names (sans unnamed teachers and people with scenes focused on them) where cut. I also didn't include every variant of the characters, only notable changes: for example, Hermione in her Hogwarts robes and her in her pink shirt and grey jacket I'm not counting as separate entries, but her in her Hogwarts robes and her as a cat are. I did kind of rush this list so, it may not be perfect.

Below I have the characters for films 1 and 2. If you want to see all 7 check my Google Doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HdYacXq49v3-w7jvcmF-ihYDuZsiGVoy9ZaERGckbG8/edit?usp=sharing   I plan on updating this doc when new characters are announced, as so far we only know who'll be in the Great Hall and that Aragog will almost certainly be in the $15 Aragog set.

Green - Available in current sets

Cyan - Available in 2010-2011 sets

Orange - Available in 2003-2005 sets

Yellow - Available in 2001-2002 sets

Year 1

Hogwarts Staff

Other Hogwarts Denizens/Ghosts

Voldemort and Death Eaters

• Voldemort (flashback)

Gryffindor Students

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Wizarding World

Muggles

Magic Creatures and Animals

Wizard Chess Pieces

• White Queen

• Black Queen

• White King

• Black King

• White Bishop

• Black Bishop

• White Knight

• Black Knight

• White Rook

• Black Rook

• White Pawn

• Black Pawn

Year 2

Hogwarts Staff and Denizens

Wizarding World

Voldemort and Death Eaters

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Muggles

Magical Creatures and animals

I thought that the mirror in the set is from earlier in the movie.

Edited by gedren_y

1 minute ago, Mata_Nui said:

I think it would be cool if we got a "Wizard's Chess" chess set with Harry, Ron, and Hermione as swapable figures. LEGO has done Chess Sets before (especially for Pirates and Castle) so a more traditional one with a little bonus HP content would be fun.

I'd mainly want this because in the original version of the third floor corridor set the only representation of the chess scene was one poorly printed queen. I'd prefer a remake to put more attention into fluffy and maybe include extra flying keys while the chess pieces get their own thing. The Mirror is already in the Great Hall set after all, so they aren't afraid to split up the scene!

The Mirror is in the Great Hall because it appears in the book before the final battle in the Underground Chambers. It first appear in a random classroom, Harry walks into it and that's when he sees his family. Later Dumbledore walks in and explains how the Mirror works

Just now, Robert8 said:

The Mirror is in the Great Hall because it appears in the book before the final battle in the Underground Chambers. It first appear in a random classroom, Harry walks into it and that's when he sees his family. Later Dumbledore walks in and explains how the Mirror works

I mean that it would be weird to have it in both the Great Hall set and the final chamber. It's decent sized build, and by the looks of things all the stickers for the final battle in the Underground Chamber are included in the Great Hall set. It would be weird to ruin its exclustivity by having it pop up in a future set, so if LEGO is planning on making the Underground Chambers they've probably cut it out and would be willing to cut out more.

I think a comparison I could make would be: you know how the Ford Angela is rumored to be in the Whomping Willow set? LEGO probably wouldn't put the Ford in the next remake they do of the Hogwarts Express (like they did in 2010.) Even though it was in both scenes, they don't need it in both so they cut it from one.

It would be really great if the original founders / house namesakes appeared in the CMF series.  I'm not much into Harry Potter as a universe, but I could get behind iconic characters from lore like those 4.

Guys this is not a wishlist thread. Only talk about the official sets here please. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

If the book description mentions Goodrich Gryffindor I’m sure that we’ll see him in some capacity. Making official figures in the CMF series would be great since they could come with their iconic items that are all Horcruxes or Horcrux killers, and Lego loves going all out on new molds for CMF series. However, I think that what @deskp mentioned is much more likely- they could all be stickered portraits in a hallway in the D2C, or maybe just Godric’s portrait on the wall in the Gryffindor common room. 

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

Guys this is not a wishlist thread. Only talk about the official sets here please. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

You originally said that it was fine to have wishlists here. Does that mean we need a separate thread now?

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Plus Mrs Norris, Voldemort and two Dementors.

Well I hope we get Mrs Norris, but she is not a minifig so I did not include her. Voldemort is present on the back of a head and the dementors do not show up before the 3 movie, so I did not include them now (they may be some of the flavor from PoA)..

9 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

If that did happen, it'd be likely to have the Shrieking Shack as they don't do as much outside. Maybe an apparatus to fling hound Sirius at Werewolf Lupin if that isn't the case but there's not much else they can do without the shack

I do not think a set for 70$ can include a WW, the car and in addition a Shrieking Shack that fit with the great hall set, that would probably add 70$ more to the price :sceptic:

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Nagini: New big snake mould, in striking position

Yes, thank you :tongue:

8 hours ago, Mata_Nui said:
  • Trevor (Toad) (Various Toads have appeared in HP sets with Neville, but are never confirmed to be Trevor)

8 hours ago, Mata_Nui said:

Errol (Owl)

As long as Neville comes with a frog in a set. I think it is safe to call him Trevor :wink:

The same for Errol, the last wave had a Great Grey Owl mould, so he is covered as well :classic:

God job with the list!

I think when this thread was started I'm not sure just how firm the rumours were. People were guessing based on a few things but then it started to grow and people in the know started to firm things up.

I think wishlisting was fine when a future HP line was undefined but now we've got as far as we have wishlisting will clutter the thread and seeing as some of the 'confirmation' rumours turned out to be wrong it could get very messy. 

I think a separate thread for 'Future Wizarding World Sets' would be better to help keep this thread down to more concrete news of what we're getting.

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Welcome to the magical LEGO(R) Wizarding World of Harry Potter(TM)! Learn about all your favorite characters, from Hogwarts heroes like Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley to world-famous wizards like Albus Dumbledore and Godric Gryffindor!

Learn how many middle names Dumbledore has (a lot!) and which Hogwarts professor is secretly a werewolf. Every page is packed with fun facts and epic moments--and there's even a poster inside!

it talks about godric gryffindor too 

Leakers said a minifig of Lupin in it. But no clue about that.

Question, which year is the whomping willow set going to be based on? In year 2, the willow appears to be in a courtyard when it "catches" the Ford Angelia. In year 3, it is on the outskirts of Hogwarts far away from the castle. If the set does include the Angelia, it will probably have a small wall that connects it to the castle. in Which case i doubt we will get any year 3 figures, as it would be based on year 2. So would this set be based on year 2 rather than year 3?Image result for how many whomping willows are in hogwartsImage result for how many whomping willows are in hogwarts 

11 hours ago, Ultron said:

You originally said that it was fine to have wishlists here. Does that mean we need a separate thread now?

Yes a separate wishlist thread would be appropriate. 

This thread should now only be used for official set discussion. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, orangecommander715 said:

Question, which year is the whomping willow set going to be based on? In year 2, the willow appears to be in a courtyard when it "catches" the Ford Angelia. In year 3, it is on the outskirts of Hogwarts far away from the castle. If the set does include the Angelia, it will probably have a small wall that connects it to the castle. in Which case i doubt we will get any year 3 figures, as it would be based on year 2. So would this set be based on year 2 rather than year 3?Image result for how many whomping willows are in hogwartsImage result for how many whomping willows are in hogwarts 

year two and it does connect to the castle.