Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

@Nabii - thank you very much for continuing to engage with the community, your insight always makes for interesting reading.

me and the wife have been discussing a big Harry Potter LEGO layout after the announcement so we’re definitely looking forward to this!

15 hours ago, Nabii said:

I hope we do more in future and I get to do more!

Thank you very much for answering! So do we, I think the sets will sell like hot cakes, so hopefully we get more waves with sets in the future :sweet:

We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour

Interesting to get that confirmed, I can not spot anything in this set from the 3 movie, maybe in whomping willow then :grin: I wonder if the same apply to the CMF and D2C...

things. (I almost talked about other sets there... sneaky fans!)

A thing with 4 wheels a least :laugh:

If JKR says Quirrel should be in black school robes like the other teachers then Quirrel is in black.

Quirrel looks good, when it comes to HP; if it is fine by JKR, it is fine by me :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck
typo

Thank you for the insights! This set looks great, can't wait to see more of the theme. And I am saying this even though I am not a huge HP fan and don't own a lot of older HP sets (2010 castle and a handful of others).

Edited by Sammael

@Nabii Thanks for all the answers!

Just one question for me regarding the set : According to Grand Hall Press Release the Whomping Willow set will connect to the Grand Hall set, Is this a direct connect ? Meaning something alongside the modular line ?

@Nabii - Thank you for doing such an awesome job on the Great Hall! I'm crossing my fingers that you get to design more Hogwarts castles so they are consistent with your style!

Do you know if any designers at TLC keep a portfolio online? I could flip through pages and pages of preliminary designs of Hogwarts! teehee.

Oh, one more thing: I know I have been a pretty tough critic when it comes to the Lego Harry Potter sets...just know that that is because I put you guys at a super high standard! :) And that is a good thing!

One last thing I promise: I thought, "how can TLC ever fit four long tables in the Great Hall?" And upon seeing how you split four tables in the set like that, I thought....GENIUS!! Thank you for including Hufflepuff <3

Edited by joeee

On 2/17/2018 at 7:18 AM, Mata_Nui said:

Here's a thumbnail with it's head in game, and a Flicker recreation of it (doesn't say who it's by ;(  )

The Flicker creation is by Bricktrix, the original creator for the game

Edited by Brickwraith
got designer name wrong

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Quirrel looks good, when it comes to HP; if it is fine by JKR, it is fine by me :tongue:

Same, though not with Cursed Child :wacko:

On the off chance you decide to answer any more questions...

-Is there a Sword of Gryffindor to fight the basilisk with?

-Is the gem in Hermiones cauldron supposed to be the sorcerers/philosopher stone? Or is there a different gem for it in the set?

-The press release mentions putting Ron in front of the mirror of erised, so does he have his own image to put into the mirror?

-Considering that the Basilisk is included in this set, does that necessarily exclude the possibility of a Chamber of Secret set in the future?

-You say you are a fan of HP, but would you also say that the sets may have references to the books? I remember the Lego games were filled with wonderful little references to the books despite being movie based. 

-Our first Hufflepuff student is included here so should would it be wise to expect a ravenclaw torso to match in the future?

Again, thank you for everything!! Love the set and am so happy to see this theme return. Harry Potter was among my first system Lego sets as a kid. I think the Gryffindor common room set was my first! 

16 hours ago, Nabii said:

"Are you a harry potter fan? And did you work on an other project from the wave of HP?"

Yes, though I am also a Star Wars, Marvel, DC, LotRs, Destiny, Narnia, Overwatch, Portal, Anime, Dungeons and Dragons and Sci-fi fan to higher or similar extents, so it's very rare I'm not excited by what I'm working on! I built a lot of sketch models of all kinds of parts of Hogwarts when we started this theme, I got a bit obsessed with it, but this is the only set I got to be final designer of. I hope we do more in future and I get to do more!

What a chance to build the world that you love so much.

Tanks you for answer again!

16 hours ago, Nabii said:

"- How did you choose to make "child variants" of the kids? Was it to save space or to reach another audience (because they look soooo adorable!)?"

This was a huge discussion in the design team- some of us wanted full sized legs, others wanted kids legs as in the first couple of movies they were definitely kids. And it was not to save space or anything, it actually introduced all kinds of challenges about how to let them 'sit' at tables and in seats and things. (I almost talked about other sets there... sneaky fans!)

Just thanks you for that! I was upset to see the student are as tall as the teachers. And you choose a kid for minifig! For, me this is one of the best harry potter set ever!

You said you wanted the best for harry potter set: please, put ravenclaw / huffpufle and rares characters for the next set that you will design in the futur :)

I think it would be great if they released a new video game to coincide with all of the updated characters and sets

Edited by Brickwraith

14 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I think it would be great if they released a new video game to coincide with all of the updated characters and sets

It would be great! And make a Hogwarts similar to the movies like the EA videogame castle in the Order of the Phoenix!

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Interesting that it is based on Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets... with little of Prisoner of Azkaban. I hope that the Whomping Willow will be more PoA than CoS. It should include characters like Snape, Lupin and Pettigrew. Not only Harry and Ron.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Interesting that it is based on Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets... with little of Prisoner of Azkaban. I hope that the Whomping Willow will be more PoA than CoS. It should include characters like Snape, Lupin and Pettigrew. Not only Harry and Ron.

I think it is a good thing that the sets are based on 1-2, that means that Lego could be planning a 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 waves it we are lucky and the sets are selling well :grin:

A 70$ HP set will most likely include more than 2-3 figs, probably some from PoA if they are in one of the sets..

If the next wave are sets from 3-4 I expect more than 3 sets as well :tongue:

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Interesting to get that confirmed, I can not spot anything in this set from the 3 movie, maybe in whomping willow then :grin: I wonder if the same apply to the CMF and D2C...

The Clock is from the 3th movie and onwards, as well as one of the towers on the great hall (the one closest to the marble staircase tower) and the courtyard in front of the great hall.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

A 70$ HP set will most likely include more than 2-3 figs, probably some from PoA if they are in one of the sets..

I'm excited because a Whomping Willow set priced at a high $70 will mean a pretty intricate and well-done tree! (I'd hate for it to look ugly, flimsy, and cheap looking.)

34 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The Clock is from the 3th movie and onwards, as well as one of the towers on the great hall (the one closest to the marble staircase tower) and the courtyard in front of the great hall.

The courtyard in front of the Great Hall is from the four movie, they did it for the scene of the "Foreign visitors arrive" (When the Hogwarts students saw the Drumstrang ship and the Beuxbatons girls arriving)

Edited by ETELENZOS92

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I think it is a good thing that the sets are based on 1-2, that means that Lego could be planning a 3-4, 5-6 and 7-8 waves it we are lucky and the sets are selling well :grin:

If the next wave are sets from 3-4 I expect more than 3 sets as well :tongue:

Imagine 4 CMF. That would be awesome but an illusion.

Potter with différent tale, hairs like ron and hermione...

Sorry for the second post but i have to say that i saw a leak again with the mention of harry potter set for the 75956 and not a fantastique beast witch cost 39,99 euros

+ i saw the other face of Quirrel: bad version of Voldemort.

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

The back of Quirrell's head has been revealed...

Voldemort is there and looks as hideous as in the film!

Yes ... it's really disgusting :grin:

51 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Where did you see this?

Why don't you just post the pics here? I don't get it

These were already officially revealed and the set ifself was at the NY TF and pictures were allowed 

There is no way in this world pics of this set could be considered a leak anymore :look:

Anyway, I'm surprised they gave him nostrils again, considering they just removed them for the Dimensions minifigure

Edited by Robert8

On 2/20/2018 at 4:22 PM, Nabii said:

"I'm starting to hope that you will be working on the next true Castle theme."

True castle theme eh? You could be waiting as long as the space theme fans!

Oh, this is a trick answer! The truth must be that there will be a triumphant return of both Space and Castle themes very soon!

:thumbup:

4 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

The courtyard in front of the Great Hall is from the four movie, they did it for the scene of the "Foreign visitors arrive" (When the Hogwarts students saw the Drumstrang ship and the Beuxbatons girls arriving)

You're right, it even seems the 3rd tower on the great hall didn't appear in POA yet either, I guess it's just the clock then.

3 hours ago, Seaber said:

He looks really interesting. So much better than the last one (Quirrel's back head) we got. Although is his head supposed to be tilted or is that a misprint? It looks god either way. I can't it took that long for someone at NYTF to take pictures of it xD.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Anyway, I'm surprised they gave him nostrils again, considering they just removed them for the Dimensions minifigure

Nostrils FTW! I'm happy they're bringing them back, the dimensions one just looked unfinished in my opinion. They really captured his movie looks. Still funny how the only character without a nose is also the only one that gets something nose related xD.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

9 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

8 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

You're right, it even seems the 3rd tower on the great hall didn't appear in POA yet either, I guess it's just the clock then.

Thank you for the insight :classic: This is to be expected, they will probably not be limited to the two movies in the building, but take the best part from all movies and make it in to a epic set! So nothing from the inventory are from PoA then, my guess is that it will be in ww set :wink:

8 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Imagine 4 CMF. That would be awesome but an illusion.

Well the batman move got 2, with a lot of figs that only where a few seconds on the screen, so it is not impossible HP will get 4 over the next few years :tongue:

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

That is one ugly looking parasite, like in the movie*huh*