Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, HarryPotter said:

I really hope that McGonagall keeps her skirt piece TBQH, really don't dig normal legs on her.

I think what they will do is insert the skirt and legs, because the character can sit in the large dining room since Hagrid can not and put 3 chairs and then not being able to use 1 would be a mistake, I think (considering that the official photos are ready from October 22) that the designers after seeing the new Barris Offe skirt that made the designers of Star Wars wanted to include it and that's why we see it in the Toy Fair.

7 minutes ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

I think what they will do is insert the skirt and legs, because the character can sit in the large dining room since Hagrid can not and put 3 chairs and then not being able to use 1 would be a mistake, I think (considering that the official photos are ready from October 22) that the designers after seeing the new Barris Offe skirt that made the designers of Star Wars wanted to include it and that's why we see it in the Toy Fair.

Fair enough.

I don't know, maybe if they gave her a cape she'd look better with the regular legs.

2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Fair enough.

I don't know, maybe if they gave her a cape she'd look better with the regular legs.

Now ... what we have not seen in the Toy Fair nor in the official images, so I doubt that they include them... :sceptic:

I hope they throw in a skirt piece as well.

As for play features, I was hoping the technic section holding the candles would make them move about, appearing to float.

I wonder if the frog is meant to be Neville's toad, Trevor? x105, I also hope the candles can move around a little.

It occurs to me that they didn't bother to give Hermione or Susan skirts. Which seems a little odd given how prevalent the short dual molded legs have become. It's too bad really, they could have done dark grey and flesh molding and then printed the shoe (Like they did for the PPG legs) and then thrown in a cloth element. Hopefully they're just saving it for the CMF, it's not like it wouldn't be useful given that half the students wear skirts.

42 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

I wonder if the frog is meant to be Neville's toad, Trevor? x105, I also hope the candles can move around a little.

The candles are on droid arms attached to bars, so they do have some range of motion.

8 minutes ago, Lego Petman said:

How much will cost the D2C Hogwarts?Are any ideas?

500$ according to rumors :grin:

10 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

500$ according to rumors :grin:

Good.5/1 to this one.But if i will buy 5 of this i will have 50 minifigures

47 minutes ago, Lego Petman said:

Good.5/1 to this one.But if i will buy 5 of this i will have 50 minifigures

Well yes but they will all be the same, if you want figs, CMF is the way to go (22 different) :tongue:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Well yes but they will all be the same, if you want figs, CMF is the way to go (22 different) :tongue:

i was joking ?.Is it officially 22 char?

9 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

It might be, or just an ornament. Or maybe it's meant to represent a chocolate frog still wrapped in foil.

1 hour ago, Lego Petman said:

i was joking ?.Is it officially 22 char?

Yep!

17 hours ago, Ultron said:

This is Harry Potter we're talking about though. I think the sets would sell regardless of movie promotion.

I think so too - Harry Potter has remained hugely popular despite the books ending in 2007 and the movies ending in 2011. Regardless of Fantastic Beasts bolstering the brand, I think it survives well enough on its own anyway. That said, I don't think Lego would make large waves if there was a year without a Wizarding World film, maybe just one or two sets if anything.

12 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I really hope that McGonagall keeps her skirt piece TBQH, really don't dig normal legs on her.

I think they gave her regular legs so that she could sit at the teacher's table, which I think is worth getting rid of the skirt. 

9 hours ago, strangely said:

It occurs to me that they didn't bother to give Hermione or Susan skirts. Which seems a little odd given how prevalent the short dual molded legs have become. It's too bad really, they could have done dark grey and flesh molding and then printed the shoe (Like they did for the PPG legs) and then thrown in a cloth element. Hopefully they're just saving it for the CMF, it's not like it wouldn't be useful given that half the students wear skirts.

About that, I say let's wait for Hogwarts, that'll most likely feature the teen versions of the students.

I like what they’re doing with the small students, but I hope the ones in the D2C are teenagers. Setting the castle around the time of OotP would work the best since we could get regular versions of all the main characters, Death Eaters and Voldemort would fit in perfectly, and we could maybe see an updated Umbridge. 

Hi. Hogwarts Great Hall is one of the sets I've designed.

Sorry about the model that was shown at NYTF - it was an earlier version from the time before the price point of $100 was arrived at and there was some chance it was going to be $120 so it's slightly bigger and has a layer of bricks and structure at the bottom which I had to take out. It surprised me to see it in pictures and videos of the event as it's a version I built myself and was on my desk less than eight months ago. Though it's nice to let people see a step from the design process like this, and be able to talk about it, it really shouldn't be at TF!

PS - most of the new elements have been spotted, but did anyone notice the new 4x2x3 half cone element used in the construction of the tower roof yet?

Just now, Nabii said:

Sorry about the model that was shown at NYTF - it was an earlier version from the time before the price point of $100 was arrived at and there was some chance it was going to be $120 so it's slightly bigger and has a layer of bricks and structure at the bottom which I had to take out. It surprised me to see it in pictures and videos of the event as it's a version I built myself and was on my desk less than eight months ago. Though it's nice to let people see a step from the design process like this, and be able to talk about it, it really shouldn't be at TF!

PS - most of the new elements have been spotted, but did anyone notice the new 4x2x3 half cone element used in the construction of the tower roof yet?

It is very cool the see the evolution of this set. This looks like a fantastic model that I'm really excited about. You did an excellent job with this.

Is there any chance that Professor McGonagall will have both regular legs and the new dress piece? I'm sure you can't tell us but I have to try :)

30 minutes ago, Nabii said:

Does this mean that the 1x3 half arches are not in the final model?

40 minutes ago, Nabii said:

Can any of your colleagues explain why professor Quirrell Is made in black and not brown like he is in the film?

1 hour ago, Nabii said:

Hi, thanks you for coming and talking with us for the design

Why do you use a lot of stickers on it?

Did you choose all the characters or TLC forced you to put all of them?

Can you tell us more about the wave of Harry potter and his futur please?

Edit: i forgot to say that one of the both brickheadz Hp will cost 14.99 euros according to a rumor

Edited by Black Numenorean

2 hours ago, deskp said:

Can any of your colleagues explain why professor Quirrell Is made in black and not brown like he is in the film?

Image result for professor quirrell costume

This is why. The actual costume has a black robe over his brown outfit. The turban is actually a lighter color too. It's kind of like the Star Wars figs are now changing colors to represent the actual costume instead of the inaccurate color given the lighting of the movie. 

Everyone, do not pepper the designer with questions please. He/They/Lego will disclose only what they feel is necessary to disclose. 

Be happy we even got a nice clarification. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I hope this Harry Potter wave is very successful so it can start working on its own and soon we will be having many revamps of previous sets, new characters and new scenes (classrooms, Death eaters attacking Quidditch World Cup, Yule Ball, room of requirement, Sirius Black's death scene, Grimmauld Place, Ministry of magic, etc)

Do you guys think this is possible? Obviously it wouldn't be as successful as star wars, cause the theme is naturally more appealing to kids for obvious reasons.

I hope for the same. Release all the ‘usual’ sets that have been previously released with better designs and updated parts. Then add to it with some usual sets that haven’t been released before such as the World Cup, Ministry of Magic etc.

If the wave sells well I can defintely see them releasing small waves up to Fantastic Beasts’ third movie.