Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Seaber said:

Not to put a dampener on any Ravenclaw torso hopes, but Cho isn't introduced until the fourth film and no-one from that house really plays a role in those films until then. Assuming this wave send CMS is based on films 1-2/3, Hufflepuff has Susan Bones and Justin Finch-Fletchley as their only representatives. 

We may get one in the D2C set as we are expecting that to be based off of all 7/8 movies.  Besides we do have the flags in the Great Hall for all four houses, including four tables, it would make sense for us to get a Ravenclaw student.  

On another note, is anyone expecting the students in the D2C Hogwarts to have regular sized legs?  I mean I'm sure the castle will be based on all the movies with characters coming from all of the movies as well.  I just think it would be weird if we got Luna from Order of the Phoenix with regular legs but Harry from Chamber of Secrets with short legs.  Anyone got any thoughts on this? :laugh:

I thinkt they'll use short legs for years 1, 2 and 3

Then long legs for years 4 to 7

Must admit slightly disappointed, looks like a rehash of the original but with some pretty cool changes. It's odd the the harry in the dimensions set had the old style torsos - i'm wondering if these new ones are only going to be for the 1-3, no reason why they should be - I just prefer the old ones, these remind me of the simplistic might micro style torsos. 

5 hours ago, Swifty118247 said:

Must admit slightly disappointed, looks like a rehash of the original but with some pretty cool changes. It's odd the the harry in the dimensions set had the old style torsos - i'm wondering if these new ones are only going to be for the 1-3, no reason why they should be - I just prefer the old ones, these remind me of the simplistic might micro style torsos. 

What, the 2010 torso was way chibi, these new ones are accurate and mature.

-

Barn door be gone!

1zntvmh.png

Edited by deskp

43 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

We may get one in the D2C set as we are expecting that to be based off of all 7/8 movies.  Besides we do have the flags in the Great Hall for all four houses, including four tables, it would make sense for us to get a Ravenclaw student.  

On another note, is anyone expecting the students in the D2C Hogwarts to have regular sized legs?  I mean I'm sure the castle will be based on all the movies with characters coming from all of the movies as well.  I just think it would be weird if we got Luna from Order of the Phoenix with regular legs but Harry from Chamber of Secrets with short legs.  Anyone got any thoughts on this? :laugh:

Don't be scared with that. You Will have a teenager Potter in the D2c or in CMF... ;)

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

But the leak came from a good source and they got a lot right about the set. It's possible that Snape was moved to Aragog/Willow as he'd fit in both of them. Swap Nearly Headless Nick for Filch and it's pretty close to the original list right?

But also the play features were different. The leaker said Voldemort and dementors could smash through the wall. Whereas not only is this feature not in the set, but those minifigures aren’t either.

i think this is just an occasion where someone got some dodgy information. I hope this means there’s more minifigures in the Willow Set.

i always thought the CMF list was fake, it said there were 20 minifigures and not all of them were named, I think it was just someone’s wish list.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I think the Newt Scamander case set is most likely true, but I wonder if the part about there being no minifigures with it was? I'd be surprised if it didn't come with Newt Scamander at least.

I don't think Lego would sell a set like that with no figures. There would be significantly less reason to buy it, especially since it's targeted at kids who tend to buy sets based on the figures.

Year two will probably be the only other movie/book whose sets will have student characters will with short legs, as by the third film, the gang would no longer be considered little kids and would look ridiculous with shorter legs.

Edited by 8BrickMario

11 hours ago, Azani said:

I was 100% certain, without a doubt, and with absolutely zero room for error. Why?

Because TLG literally said so, definitively. They didn't say, "maybe". They said "definitely". The fact that they changed their minds is bizarre, but anyone with a shred of a brain could determine that there's no way that any of us could have possibly seen that coming. Unfortunately, you don't seem to fit in there.

Hey sorry I was harsher than I should have been but please don't feel the need to get so riled up and insulting. People had guessed that despite TLGs statements that there was a chance of it being shown, and guess what they were right. I will admit that I may have gone to far and I do apologise.

Just now, 8BrickMario said:

Chamber of Secrets will probably be the only movie where the characters will qualify for short legs, as they're in the teenish stage in the third film, and would no longer be believable as little kids.

Apart from philosophers stone right.:wink:

I really, really like this but is there some sort of add-on set that's planned for it? With those technic pin holes there has to be. 

38 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I really, really like this but is there some sort of add-on set that's planned for it? With those technic pin holes there has to be. 

The current rumor is that it can plug into the D2C Hogwarts coming in December. The set's description also mentions it "combing" with the Whomping Willow so they may help with that.

I was not into LEGO when the first Harry Potter sets came out, so I have nothing to compare this new set to ..... I personally really love it and I'm super excited to see what other sets there will be!!! Ten mini-figures for a set at this price?! Is that ..... normal? So far I've collected from Friends and Elves, and in those themes you might get three mini-figures if you're lucky, for a set at this price. 

And sorry for being so oblivious but could someone tell me what D2C stands for? I'm not up to speed with all the LEGO lingo yet.

I just realised, the leaks mentioned there was suposed to be a house cup points play feature, that's nowhere to be found either... So unless the set got a major revamp or they got the D2C and the Great Hall mixed up, the leaks are fake (besides the setting). I wonder why someone will go through so much trouble to add fake set descriptions to an otherwise real list of sets...:sceptic:

Edited by Huigberts Builds

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I just realised, the leaks mentioned there was suposed to be a house cup points play feature, that's nowhere to be found either... So unless the set got a major revamp or they got the D2C and the Great Hall mixed up, the leaks are fake (besides the setting). I wonder why someone will go through so much trouble to add fake set descriptions to an otherwise real list of sets...:sceptic:

The hourglasses are in the entrance hall. I think there is still chance they will be in the D2C set

I bet they will use the infinity stones pieces to make the house points, since the ring mould has 4 stones each

The flags seen in the press release are from the scene in the first movie when the flags change when points are awarded towards the house cup.

Edited by gedren_y

1 hour ago, Elf Gal said:

I was not into LEGO when the first Harry Potter sets came out, so I have nothing to compare this new set to ..... I personally really love it and I'm super excited to see what other sets there will be!!! Ten mini-figures for a set at this price?! Is that ..... normal? So far I've collected from Friends and Elves, and in those themes you might get three mini-figures if you're lucky, for a set at this price. 

And sorry for being so oblivious but could someone tell me what D2C stands for? I'm not up to speed with all the LEGO lingo yet.

10 figures is not normal for a $100 licensed set- the Sanctum Sanctorum has 4 and a bigfig for that price, and sets like the Batman Movie Batcave and Web Warriors Bridge Battle only had 7. D2C stands for “Direct to Consumer”, meaning it’s a Lego set sold only in Shop@Home or physical Lego stores. They can be found online with major retailers like Target but would never be found in store. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

10 figures is not normal for a $100 licensed set- the Sanctum Sanctorum has 4 and a bigfig for that price, and sets like the Batman Movie Batcave and Web Warriors Bridge Battle only had 7. D2C stands for “Direct to Consumer”, meaning it’s a Lego set sold only in Shop@Home or physical Lego stores. They can be found online with major retailers like Target but would never be found in store. 

Thank you!  Yeah, I didn't think it was the norm. It's really lucky they added so many.

Just saw some of the new pics and i am very pleased. Those hairpieces and that rat, the candless, i love it. 

This year will be very hard for me because there is so much cool stuff coming from lego and i already have so much #howmuchlegodoesoneneed

maybe i need to sell some stuff

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I am not sure the leaks are fake, if you look at the set from NY and the unveiled version it is quite a few differences.. So that they change a few minifigs around is to be expected I would say. Lets have a look at what the leaks said:

CMF:

1. Harry Potter (Casual: W/ Sorting Hat)
  2. Ron Weasley (Casual: W/ Sweets)
  3. Hermione Granger (Casual: W/ Wand + Book)
  4. James Potter (W/ Invisibility Cloak, Snitch, Broom)
  5. Lilly Potter (W/ Baby Harry)
  6. Fred Weasley (W/ Marauders Map, Fire Works)
  7. George Weasley
  8. Vernon Dursley
  9. Petunia Dursley
  10. Dudley Dursley (In PJs W/ Cake, Pig Tail)
  11. Madame Rolanda Hooch
  12. The Bloody Baron (Ghost)
  13. The Grey Lady (Ghost)
  14. Thick Monk (AKA The Fat Friar: Ghost)
  15. Moaning Myrtle (Ghost: W/ Tom Riddle's Diary)
  16. Sirius Black (W/ Grim dog)
  17. ?
  18. ?
  19. ?
  20. ?
  21. ?
  22. ?

75953 -Whomping Willow

1. Harry Potter
  2. Ron Weasley
  3. ?

75950 -Aragog In The Forbidden Forest

1. Harry Potter
  2. Ron Weasley

Missing figs from great hall according to early rumours:

1. Neville Longbottom (school uniform)
  2. Professor Severus Snape
  3. Filch (attached as an accessory to the cat is Mrs. Norris, made in a new detail)
  4. Dementors x2
  5. "Lord Voldemort" (He still is in the set)

Added figs to the great hall:

1. Susan Bones
  2. Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face
  3. Nearly Headless Nick

The Hogwarts D2C a big ?
Then it is 6 available spots in the CMF, 1 in Whomping Willow set (but personally I think it will have more than 3 figs) and probably over 10 in the D2C :wink:

From films 1 and 2 we are missing Just a few featured characers that are mostly absent from the later films.

Hooch, Lockhart, Sprout.   Am I missing anyone?

- If the mysterious 'sporty' 4th HP set materialises  then it seems like Hooch would go in that. 

- Lockhart could be too(arm incident). But lockhart could also go in the Aragog set since he does go with Harry and Ron (elsewhere) in that film.

- Sprout makes sense with the willow since she is into plants. and the willow is located close to the greenhouses in that film.

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I don't think Lego would sell a set like that with no figures. There would be significantly less reason to buy it, especially since it's targeted at kids who tend to buy sets based on the figures.

Yeah, Newt and Tina would surely be included.

24 minutes ago, deskp said:

From films 1 and 2 we are missing Just a few featured characers that are mostly absent from the later films.

Hooch, Lockhart, Sprout.   Am I missing anyone?

- If the mysterious 'sporty' 4th HP set materialises  then it seems like Hooch would go in that. 

- Lockhart could be too(arm incident). But lockhart could also go in the Aragog set since he does go with Harry and Ron (elsewhere) in that film.

- Sprout makes sense with the willow since she is into plants. and the willow is located close to the greenhouses in that film.

I had a idea with the aragog set. Maybe there Will be horace slughorn? He was buried him in the 6th movie and book.

but there is no link with the 1-3 years. Just a suggestion.

14 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Do we get a sword in this set? We get Fawkes and the basilisk, so it stands to reason we could get the Sword of Gryffindor hidden somewhere in there.

Maybe in the chest in the tower.

16 hours ago, x105Black said:

I disagree.  Fawkes is the worst part of this set.  Well, at least the preliminary version from Toy Fair looks terrible, I hope the final version doesn't have a black piece for the body.  But even if it has better colors it will still be ugly and clunky looking.

The Basilisk is the second worst thing here.

I just hate ugly brick-built creatures.

I've got the 2002 Chamber of Secrets set and I like those versions of Basilisk and Fawkes.

5 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

I had a idea with the aragog set. Maybe there Will be horace slughorn? He was buried him in the 6th movie and book.

but there is no link with the 1-3 years. Just a suggestion.

A Slughorn minifig would be great.