Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Sorry for the question; so what other sets are coming besides the Great hall? I heard something about a collectible minifigure; so what figures are coming if that´s true?

15 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

Agreed, a much needed fresh take on a character who's had the same look since the brand started 17 years ago.

Also just realized there is no white flesh tone on the sweaters this time so they don't have to be strictly white characters.

That's gonna be great for MOCers. Hogwarts had quite a diversity of flesh tones on its students and I doubt LEGO would make all the characters into minifigs, so having the option to custom build them is great!

7 minutes ago, legolord said:

Sorry for the question; so what other sets are coming besides the Great hall? I heard something about a collectible minifigure; so what figures are coming if that´s true?

The CMF series is true. August is the release date and there will be 22 characters

Not to put a dampener on any Ravenclaw torso hopes, but Cho isn't introduced until the fourth film and no-one from that house really plays a role in those films until then. Assuming this wave send CMS is based on films 1-2/3, Hufflepuff has Susan Bones and Justin Finch-Fletchley as their only representatives. 

Just now, Seaber said:

Not to put a dampener on any Ravenclaw torso hopes, but Cho isn't introduced until the fourth film and no-one from that house really plays a role in those films until then. Assuming this wave send CMS is based on films 1-2/3, Hufflepuff has Susan Bones and Justin Finch-Fletchley as their only representatives. 

When did Ernie show up? And wasn’t Hannah Abbott in earlier books? If they really want to give us a Ravenclaw they can just do Padma Patil in the CMF series. 

I agree with the comments about Fawkes and the Basilisk. I hate most brick built creatures and far prefer molded ones. The old Fawkes and Basilisk are a bit outdated and still decent enough to use today, but it would be nice to get new molded versions of them. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The old Fawkes and Basilisk are a bit outdated and still decent enough to use today, but it would be nice to get new molded versions of them. 

The old versions may be outdated, but they still look far better than these versions.

It was never really about getting those characters in the set.       If this set had been "chamber of secrets showdown" there would be more cause for alarm.

Do we get a sword in this set? We get Fawkes and the basilisk, so it stands to reason we could get the Sword of Gryffindor hidden somewhere in there.

24 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

When did Ernie show up? And wasn’t Hannah Abbott in earlier books? If they really want to give us a Ravenclaw they can just do Padma Patil in the CMF series. 

I agree with the comments about Fawkes and the Basilisk. I hate most brick built creatures and far prefer molded ones. The old Fawkes and Basilisk are a bit outdated and still decent enough to use today, but it would be nice to get new molded versions of them. 

Ernie and Hannah were in CoS, but so was a girl playing Lavender Brown, so they were uncredited and didn't really play a role. Penelope Clearwater appears in thr background, but is also uncredited. Padma is shown as a Gryffindor in most of the films, but not in the Lego games. They could have a character just called Ravenclaw Student though.

Cho Chang first appearance was in the the Prisoner of Azkaban. She appears in the Quidditch match when the dementors attacked Harry

Did anyone notice there are 9 columns of windows in the Toy Fair version, and only 8 in the press release?

The things I like about the press release version are not in the toy fair version and vice versa. LOL

1 hour ago, legolord said:

The other Wizarding World sets, in order of smallest to largest, excluding the Great Hall, are supposed to be:

• Aragog in the Forbidden Forest (presumably with Harry and Ron, based on Chamber of Secrets)
  • Unknown Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald set
  • Newt Scamander's Briefcase (with brick-built creatures)
  • The Whomping Willow (confirmed in the Great Hall press release; likely to contain the Weasley's Ford Anglica)
  • Hogwarts D2C.

As for the CMF series, a list of them was previously leaked that is now doubtful, because that list included Nearly Headless Nick who is instead found in the Great Hall set. So the CMF figures are a bit of a mystery at the moment.

I just realized that Nick ought to have the Elizabethan ruff collar piece, right? Sure, it's small on the real costume, but I think he'd have looked much better with one.

1 hour ago, OneWithTheForce said:

Agreed, a much needed fresh take on a character who's had the same look since the brand started 17 years ago.

Also just realized there is no white flesh tone on the sweaters this time so they don't have to be strictly white characters.

I think we could expect Atleast a Dean Thomas Minifigure.

considering how easy it would be to just reproduce the black minilegs and House jumper torsos, is anyone else expecting a lot of random students in the D2C? If it’s a huge playset like Death Star/ Ninjago City/ Assault on Hoth, it stands to reason that there may be at least 15 minifigures, maybe even 20+. We could easily just get the main 3 characters (maybe with robes or regular clothes), an alternate Dumbledore (maybe Gambon if they do PoA), the staff seen in the first 2/3 films (professor sprout, Flitwick, Lockhart, Snape, Madame Pomfrey and Filch) and then all the “important” students (Neville, Sheamus, Dean, Ginny, Crab, Goyle etc.)

there could even be some more in the CMF series, maybe there’s 22 minifigures because a few of them are short students to populate the school?

Edited by Whovastron

52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Cho Chang first appearance was in the the Prisoner of Azkaban. She appears in the Quidditch match when the dementors attacked Harry

She was in PoA book, but the game you mention is against Hufflepuff, so Cedric is playing, along he isn't played by Robert Pattinson 

52 minutes ago, Seaber said:

She was in PoA book, but the game you mention is against Hufflepuff, so Cedric is playing, along he isn't played by Robert Pattinson 

Cho was also much more significant in the books than in the films, so it's possible, maybe, that she'll get made, but it's far more likely Ravenclaw clothing may one day be represented by Luna in rare House attire.

So in the pictures I’ve seen from the NY toy fair, Fawkes is brick built (and looks atrocious).  There are also several other differences between those pictures and the images that were released by Lego yesterday. From what I’ve gathered, the press release is the most recent version. Could that then mean that they brick built Fawkes is being replaced with a new design, possibly a new mold, or even the one from the original chamber of secrets?  I certainly hope so!!

So now, we know nothing about all the sets. All the descriptions of 5 sets are fake. Hogwarts Great Hall descrption was totally inaccurate. 14 different minifigures than we got. People who wrote those descriptions only knew set names. 

Also CMF is probably fake too.

I hate that they use prototype that is way different than the actual set at NYTF...

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So now, we know nothing about all the sets. All the descriptions of 5 sets are fake. Hogwarts Great Hall descrption was totally inaccurate. 14 different minifigures than we got. People who wrote those descriptions only knew set names. 

I hate that they use prototype that is way different than the actual set at NYTF...

The CMF series is in the retailer catalog, is it not?

Just now, Dardanel said:

The CMF series is in the retailer catalog, is it not?

He means the rumored figures. 

As for the rumors; we know the set names so we know something about  sets that won’t come out in 6 months. Also the price was correct. 

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They're not necessarily fake, perhaps they've swapped some minifigs in the meantime :wink: The same thing happened in the TLBM theme, where some minifigs were originally supposed to be part of the first CMF series but eventually ended in up in sets or the TRU figure pack (or cf. the Gentleman Ghost minifig that came in a set this year rather than in the Scuttler set, as initially thought). However, the list of minifigs that don't match up is quite extensive, which certainly seems suspicious. I'm still willing to give the leakers the benefit of the doubt... For now :devil:

Edited by Lego-Freak

But the leak came from a good source and they got a lot right about the set. It's possible that Snape was moved to Aragog/Willow as he'd fit in both of them. Swap Nearly Headless Nick for Filch and it's pretty close to the original list right?

I'm really curious about the minifigures on Hogwarts, with the exception of Susan Bones, Nearly Headless Nick and maybe Hagrid, Great Hall feature the basic characters for Hogwarts.

Has TLG ever repeated so many minifigures on two different sets?

Just now, Seaber said:

But the leak came from a good source and they got a lot right about the set. It's possible that Snape was moved to Aragog/Willow as he'd fit in both of them. Swap Nearly Headless Nick for Filch and it's pretty close to the original list right?

I'm pretty sure that Neville was also on the leak for GH too.

And I don't recall any mention of Quirrell.

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think the Newt Scamander case set is most likely true, but I wonder if the part about there being no minifigures with it was? I'd be surprised if it didn't come with Newt Scamander at least.