Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

From Hoth brick:

2 reversible house banners

O_O HYPE :P

Also, where is Fawkes? From the sounds of it, its a brick built figure but i've not seen it in the set images.

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Also, where is Fawkes? From the sounds of it, its a brick built figure but i've not seen it in the set images.

yes, great news: it seems to have the side of ravenclaw and hufflepuffl.

So we have confirmation with susan Bones (hufflepufll with yellow shirt) that we will have the torso from theses houses. So much excitated.

happy to see Quirrel! 

This thread is going too fast! What a great announcement, can't wait! Dislike the stickers on the tower and Dumbledore would have looked better with a robe piece. But love all the other minifigures, the details and the color scheme.

1 hour ago, ddavid said:

Has anyone else noticed the holes for pin connection on this set? This means it will be able to connect to either the big Hogwarts Castle or maybe some future sets. I like this approach Lego is starting to make: Just like with the Ninjago City and Ninjago Port.

Yeah this might be the best about this set, maybe the other sets will attach to it?

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I noticed that, too. Honestly, if he's brick-built, that might be the one regression that this theme has in comparison to the earlier versions. Fawkes had a satisfactory mold then, so why not make him a better one now?

Ok but why did they decide to go for the first year? Does it mean that the figures in the D2C set and CMFs will be juniors too? (It's obvious they will be in the ford and forest sets) 

Just now, DisneyinLEGO said:

Ok but why did they decide to go for the first year? Does it mean that the figures in the D2C set and CMFs will be juniors too? (It's obvious they will be in the ford and forest sets) 

The wave is for the 1-3 years. So we will see the evolution of POtter in this 3 sets, i think ;)

What I find interesting is that the leaks we've had were not correct on characters but absolutely right on sets being only years 1-3. What explanation can there be, I wonder?

49 minutes ago, joeee said:

Oh you poor, Ravenclaws!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that they make Luna and put her in a Ravenclaw torso!

I always thought Ravenclaw would get a torso before Hufflepuff ever did, so it's surprising that Hufflepuff is going to be represented first! Still, I reckon a Ravenclaw torso is bound to follow soon enough. Hopeful that Luna in a Ravenclaw uniform will be part of the CMF series, considering that the list we had for CMFs now seems a bit doubtful. However, if the CMF series sticks to the Years 1-3 timeline we're seeing in the sets, perhaps not Luna.

18 minutes ago, cocabottle said:

This thread is going too fast! What a great announcement, can't wait! Dislike the stickers on the tower and Dumbledore would have looked better with a robe piece. But love all the other minifigures, the details and the color scheme.

Yeah this might be the best about this set, maybe the other sets will attach to it?

The stickers are a bit of a bummer, but I agree, this set overall is absolutely delightful.

I believe the Whomping Willow was confirmed to attach to this set. The UCS Hogwarts will likely attach also. 

15 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

I noticed the umbrella of Hagrid! Whouaa!!!

Oh wow, didn't see that! Damn, this set only improves the more you look at it. I have to say I prefer the older Hagrid, but that umbrella and the lantern are sweet.

14 minutes ago, DisneyinLEGO said:

I wonder if LEGO are doing Years 1-3 for this wave to bank on nostalgia, and if it's successful they'll expand into later years in another wave?

Wow. Just wow.

This set... is one of the greatest sets I have ever seen. We get like, 10, or maybe more new moulds!

The minifigures are the best. I can't find even one bad thing about them. New wand mould is perfect. I love it.

Great Hall build is perfect. It has great interior, great colours, and great exterior.

The only thing that is bad is Basilisk. I apprecieate they did him, as a small build he looks really good, but he should be a lot bigger.

Overall a perfect set.

3 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I wonder if LEGO are doing Years 1-3 for this wave to bank on nostalgia, and if it's successful they'll expand into later years in another wave?

It seems the Potter LEGO brand ever hit it big so it had to be revived twice. I'm hoping with the new theme parks around the world, it will help push sales and numbers.

Edited by joeee

Just now, DisneyinLEGO said:

Ok so characters beyond year 3 are out of the picture. Thanks.

I don't know that for sure, but based on the choice of sets it does seem that Years 1-3 (if not Years 1-2) are the focus of the main line sets, at least. The Whomping Willow could have Year 3 stuff, but considering that it's meant to include the Ford Anglica it may be primarily Year 2 based. The Great Hall mixes Years 1 and 2. Aragog in the Forbidden Forest is from Year 2. So actually, now that I think about it, it's possible LEGO is only focusing on the first two stories for this wave of sets. 

However, the D2C and the CMFs may include things from later films/books. We'll have to wait and see. 

15 minutes ago, Swamp said:

What I find interesting is that the leaks we've had were not correct on characters but absolutely right on sets being only years 1-3. What explanation can there be, I wonder?

We already knew the other two sets (car/willow and spider scene) were from the first few films so it wasn't that big of a leap. Given what we know so far, the wave might just be focused on first two books [edit: AnnaBuildsLego beat me to it].

Edited by Megaflora

Yeah, TLG seem to be really confident in this iteration of the theme, given the amount of new moulds they've invested in :sweet: The last iteration (2010-2011) was great, but there were nowhere near as many new moulds introduced as there are here (mainly the updated owls, Bellatrix' hairpiece and the slicked back hair that has become excessively common since).

I wonder whether they'll release sets next year as well since that would be the first time ever that they'd release sets based on the Wizarding World without an accompanying film release (FB 3 is supposed to come out in 2020) :classic: They seem to be rather cautious when it comes to releasing movie-based sets in years when there's no corresponding movie on the horizon, apart from Star Wars and Indiana Jones that is...

9 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I believe the Whomping Willow was confirmed to attach to this set. The UCS Hogwarts will likely attach also.

I can't see how a tree attaches to the Great Hall? It says: "combine with 75953 Whomping Willow." Could 75953 contain a (small) part of the castle as well?

Just now, cocabottle said:

I can't see how a tree attaches to the Great Hall? It says: "combine with 75953 Whomping Willow." Could 75953 contain a (small) part of the castle as well?

I'm hoping so.

I am really happy Lego is living up to the hype :sweet: This is a great set and the D2C is going to be epic, looks like all the sets are connecting as well :thumbup:

There is a lot to take inn with a lot of new moulds, I love the new rat mould :wub:

Finally my house Hufflepuff has its first fig (do not worry, Ravenclaw will get a fig as well I am sure) :grin:

The only really bad thing I see now is the basilisk and I do not expect fawkes to be much better, this is exactly why I do not like brick built animals in sets with animal moulds :thumbdown:

Also a little surprised the set only has one owl, hopefully it will be plenty in the rest of the wave..

This is more or less what the rumours said, yes some of the figs are not right. but most are. They have probably changed a few figs around, probably the whomping willow set will have more than 3 figs, maybe snape is there? Filch and mrs norris is probaly in the D2C or a CMF :wink:

21 minutes ago, Swamp said:

17 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

The design of Hogwarts changed a lot, it changed more so with the third movie;
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/129604/what-changes-have-been-made-to-hogwarts-throughout-the-series

The Great Hall for example has the three towers and clock tower of the Third Film (and beyond) but lacks the courtyard and the offshoot from the tower

30usf.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

^ Well there will only be so many hogwarts sets so they aim for the most iconic one  which is film 4-7 and largely eight.

They did make the hall look like a barn though.  2010 great hall had a better starting point.

I'm more curious than ever about what the d2c really is. Considering how this set turned out.

10 minutes ago, cocabottle said:

Exactly what I was thinking. A decent sized tree (hopefully with some spinning functions), the car, and a portion of the castle like a small tower would work perfectly and be good for a $70 price point. I can’t see them just having the Willow stick onto the side of the Great Hall. 

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. A decent sized tree (hopefully with some spinning functions), the car, and a portion of the castle like a small tower would work perfectly and be good for a $70 price point. I can’t see them just having the Willow stick onto the side of the Great Hall. 

This seems the best way to do it. In the second film, the original Whomping Willow WAS surrounded by some castle:

Image result for chamber of secrets whomping willow

1 minute ago, Black Numenorean said:

focus on the characters. Bad point for McGonagall and Hagrid seems to be weird

I'm sick of that old wizard hat. I would prefer either a new mold or just a bun hairpiece for McGonagall.