Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Has anyone else noticed the holes for pin connection on this set? This means it will be able to connect to either the big Hogwarts Castle or maybe some future sets. I like this approach Lego is starting to make: Just like with the Ninjago City and Ninjago Port.

Edited by ddavid

6 minutes ago, Catanas said:

Weirdly, McGonagall seems to have a double sided head. That isn't going to go well with that hat...

Oh no, you're right. How big are the chances of her getting 2 different heads? I'm not sure if that has ever been done before. Otherwise the entire figure will be ruined...

1 minute ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh no, you're right. How big are the chances of her getting 2 different heads? I'm not sure if that has ever been done before. Otherwise the entire figure will be ruined...

Not sure if that qualifies, but CMF Series 2 Mime had two spare heads.

Isn’t Harry’s face slightly different? 

Great hall looks great, but random putting Susan Bones in rather than better known Hufflepuffs like Hannah Abbott or Justin Finch-Fletchley. Tiny potions room. I love the Mirror of Erised!By the way any pre-order dates?

Edited by Lego-fire

Just now, Lego-fire said:

Great hall looks great, but random putting Susan Bones in rather than better known Hufflepuffs like Hannah Abbott or Justin Finch-Fletchley. 

I love it. I distinctly remember McGonagall calling out Susan Bones during the sorting ceremony in Philosophers Stone.

Brick built Fawkes better not suck like the snake (whatever it’s supposed to represent).

sand green ski poles. Homage to the OG sets, or copper in general?

I assume the D2C will have a ravenclaw  torso then, unless there was a relevant rc member at the willow?

16 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I bet the basilisk is the snake that Malfoy conjured when Harry and Draco faced off in the duelling club. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. The basilisk is in a wrong colour and it is way to small.

13 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

Ahhhh. Great observation. I think you are correct!

Well, come to think of it, wasn't that just a normal sized snake. And the description does say call it the Basilisk.

Nope.

The only evidence that I have is that it's literally called the basilisk, but that's enough evidence to pretty much instantly discredit any theories here. :/ That said, yeah, it really doesn't make any sense...

The first impression is very good. I can not wait to see the biggest set in this wave. Also I hope they can connect in one very, very big castle. :classic:

12 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

It occurede in the Scarecrow Special Delivery, 70910, from the Lego Batman Movie series.  It cam with two single sided faces for the security guard, as the hat wouldn't cover the back side of his head.

Related image

I don't mind the gray too much. Reminds me of the clock tower...my favorite set ever!

Image result for lego basilisk

I have the original basilisk so that snake is very disappointing. it doesn't look menacing or anything. it looks better off being the snake skin they find outside the Chamber...LOL

8 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Great hall looks great, but random putting Susan Bones in rather than better known Hufflepuffs like Hannah Abbott or Justin Finch-Fletchley.

I would say it's a very good decision. First of all because of the sorting scene and second of all because she can easily be turned into Ginny.

About the Basilisk, his build is indeed not the best, but the colour resembles his movie appearance better than the previous green one. And it's such a small inclusion that it really wouldn't make a difference if it wasn't included so I'm happy we get him anyway.

I was also always a fan of the sand green roofs, but now I'm happy with the change, sand green would have looked terrible on this build.

4 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

It occurede in the Scarecrow Special Delivery, 70910, from the Lego Batman Movie series.  It cam with two single sided faces for the security guard, as the hat wouldn't cover the back side of his head.

17 minutes ago, Swamp said:

Not sure if that qualifies, but CMF Series 2 Mime had two spare heads.

Well than I think it's safe to assume we'll get 2 different heads, I just can't see lego making such a strange decision, esoecially in such a big set, that's something you'll only see in bootleg sets.

Hey remember when I asked for a new hermione hair mold?? They delivered! I love all these figs and the set is incredible. Basilisk is hot garbage though, they would’ve been better off just making a chamber of secrets set at some point. Also I’m a little salty that there’s a hufflepuff torso before a ravenclaw so i just hope we get one somewhere in the first wave too. 

Cant wait to see the other sets, and the D2C!

37 minutes ago, Catanas said:

Weirdly, McGonagall seems to have a double sided head. That isn't going to go well with that hat...

Maybe she comes with two heads. Other figures have done that before (like someone in the Ghostbusters HQ as well as Captain Marvel). 

OMG *huh*
Hate the stickers but will buy it anyway :wub:
I don't really care about Harry Potter (even if I love the books and movies) but it looks like a cute medieval little church :grin: All my HP sets are used for medieval MOC.
But this one is really beautiful (except the stickers, did I already say I hate stickers ?)

Edited by Lady_Scarlett

24 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I bet the basilisk is the snake that Malfoy conjured when Harry and Draco faced off in the duelling club. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. The basilisk is in a wrong colour and it is way to small.

The tower honestly looks horrible but I'm so excited about the great hall and the new Dumbledore. Interesting how they really are focusing more on student life at Hogwarts rather than the action scenes with death eaters - like they did in 2010. It seems as though LEGO kind of are going back to what made LEGO Harry Potter so exciting in 2001. BTW I absolutely HATE McGonagall's legs.

I like to see again that LEGO is pointing on some normal scenes and not always only battle and fighting. Establishing of the Friends theme was in my opinion a good idea, but from these times, other sets are even much more boyish and instead of interesting buildings there are today mostly boring battle vehicles without greater collection value.

1 minute ago, Lady_Scarlett said:

OMG *huh*
Hate the stickers but will buy it anyway :wub:
I don't really care about Harry Potter (even if I love the books and movies) but it looks like a cute medieval little church :grin: All my HP sets are used for medieval MOC.
But this one is really beautiful (except the stickers, did I already say I hate stickers ?)

Yes, thou hast already said it.

21 minutes ago, joeee said:

Image result for lego basilisk

I have the original basilisk so that snake is very disappointing. it doesn't look menacing or anything. it looks better off being the snake skin they find outside the Chamber...LOL

I have it, too, and I am pleased well.

I think the tan pieces on top of the grey roof would have looked better in a different color, sand blue or green perhaps. 

It's so much tan on this build some missing contrast.

12 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Hey remember when I asked for a new hermione hair mold?? They delivered! I love all these figs and the set is incredible. Basilisk is hot garbage though, they would’ve been better off just making a chamber of secrets set at some point. Also I’m a little salty that there’s a hufflepuff torso before a ravenclaw so i just hope we get one somewhere in the first wave too. 

Cant wait to see the other sets, and the D2C!

Oh you poor, Ravenclaws!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that they make Luna and put her in a Ravenclaw torso!

54 minutes ago, Mata_Nui said:

I agree, I'd also like some of LEGO's original characters like Johnny Thunder, the Classic Spacemen, and the Toa Mata.

But this is a Harry Potter discussion so this probably isn't the place to discuss it XD

Have they revealed what the HP Brickheadz are going to be or was it just a general announcement?

Just a general announcement, although if I was to make a guess Harry and Voldemort seem likely.

Oh, everything about this has me excited. And I thought the previous revival was a huge improvement, but this one set blows everything from Harry Potter 2.0 out of the water! Many more new hairpieces, better molds overall that are just perfect here, Nick, new Hagrid, wands, short first-years, the reinclusion of the character who brought us double-sided heads...argh, it's all too much. The castle is also really pretty as a display piece, too! And I thought LEGO had loosened its pull on me in recent years...

I hope we get to see a proper Trelawney figure and a new Umbridge and Sirius in the future, because both felt glaringly in need of a new figure in the past iteration.

Edited by 8BrickMario

1 hour ago, Chilis said:

I do agree but there`s an easy fix; Buy multiples! ;)

Yes because living in the USA where 2/3rds of the population can't afford a $1000 emergency and I can't even afford the $100 random health bill I got in the mail. But yes, let me buy 2-3 of them. Or for $200 I'll just buy one of the much greater modular sets.

How about LEGO actually makes buildings, like the Marvel set we are getting, and less walls.

Decided to recreate the set to get a feel for the size/scale of the build and the amount of interior room. Hope this helps you all :)

Exterior
;
R2kxCqq.png

Interior;
OSDGm6i.png

Top;
qxYH4ha.png

Also been playing around with the idea of merging two sets to create a bigger great hall with a complete roof, done a basic set-up here but would need to make it wider to incorporate the middle tower - its a WIP :P

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well actually it doesn’t matter. There is no house logos on their torsos 

Susan Bones with her yellow shirt

From Hoth brick:

LEGO Harry Potter
75954 Hogwarts Great Hall

878 pieces | $99.99 USD | $129.99 CAD | Available August 1, 2018

Welcome to magical adventures at the Great Hall at Hogwarts!

Build and recreate magical scenes from the Harry Potter movies with this detailed 4-level LEGO Hogwarts Great Hall play set, featuring a fireplace, benches, tables and reversible house banners, plus a tower with a spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, sorting hat, Mirror of Erised and lots of assorted magical artefact accessory elements. Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.

• Includes 10 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Professor Quirrell with dual Lord Voldemort face, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick, plus buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, and Hedwig and Scabbers figures.
  • Features the buildable Great Hall and a tower.
  • The Great Hall features tables, head table with seats, fireplace, 2 reversible house banners and 4 ‘floating’ candles, food (turkey leg, ice cream and a small cake) brooms, trophy cup and a teapot.
  • The 4-level tower features movable Grand Staircase spiral steps at its base, potions room, treasure room with chest and a turret featuring the Mirror of Erised with changeable pictures and roosting spot for Fawkes.
  • Also includes a boat with hanging lantern.
  • Place the pupils in the boat and sail to Hogwarts Castle.
  • Help Hermione and Susan create magical potions.
  • Feast in the Great Hall, then use the sorting hat to select the pupils’ houses!
  • Welcome the new students with Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.