Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Also, is this only the third time we've seen that new turban piece first introduced for the S13 Snake Charmer, the one seen on Quirrell in Lilac? It was also seen in Earth Green for the S16 Arabian Knight.

15 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

It looks like the CMF bee girl honey pot/pumpkin pail in a dark metallic grey.

I'm sorry for any confusion but I meant the red thing inside her cauldron, I recognised the cauldron part as being the one you mentioned. Is there any chance that the red thing is Fawkes as a chick? Or am I being absurd?

Yes! We finally got pictures!

Gotta say I love that the students have short legs. One of my big issues (especially with the 2010 run) was that the students didn't seem to age, but now it looks like they will. And that baskilisk is adorable! The interior is nice and cozy, and I hope the D2C Hogwarts comes with the missing banners.

I can't tell for sure but Dumbledore looks a bit wrinkler with smaller eyes, maybe it'll be a Richard Harris one? The print reminds me of his 2001 minifigure much more than the Micheal Gambon one from latter years.

Nick's inclusion makes me think the CMF list may have been false, which if is the case makes me sad 'cause I wanted all the ghosts. Oh well...

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Also, is this only the third time we've seen that new turban piece first introduced for the S13 Snake Charmer, the one seen on Quirrell in Lilac? It was also seen in Earth Green for the S16 Arabian Knight.

It was also used in Ninjago

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

And in  reddish brown is a ninjago pack, so fourth time.

Ninjago'd

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'm sorry for any confusion but I meant the red thing inside her cauldron, I recognised the cauldron part as being the one you mentioned. Is there any chance that the red thing is Fawkes as a chick? Or am I being absurd?

Just a standard trans-red crystal/rock. :thumbup: Mold has been around for over a decade. 

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Omg the set looks amazing but I'm confused. Where's Fawkes and Snape? I'm pretty sure the leaked descriptions said they'd be there

Snape is not included in this set. I think he may show up in the Whomping Willow set or probably the rumored UCS Hogwarts. We can't see Fawkes in any of these photos, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. Both are new

OK, thanks! 

You know, both have the potential to be utilized in future "regular" CMFs I would imagine. The hat, particularly, could be used for a new wizard CMF, or even for a new Gandalf if it were recolored in Dark Bluish Grey.

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It was also used in Ninjago

Which set?

I kinda like the minifig list was wrong because I hope The Whomping Willow comes with not only Harry and Ron but Lupin, Wormtail, Snape, and a much needed update of Sirius Black. And we got Quirell. 

Edited by RODDY

39 minutes ago, rodiziorobs said:

I noticed the way the minifigs were holding their wands and wondered what kind it illegal shenanigans TLG was up to... :grin:

The new wands look great, along with all the recolors. The square lattice windows are a great, too. I'm not sure if they are new per se, but I don't ever remember seeing them, but wanting them.

I'm not a huge HP fan, but this set is cracking for parts alone!

No shenanigans, just an accessory sized ball instead of a rod. Can rotate it any which way :)

ball.jpg

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I can't believe that thing is supposed to be the Basilisk...

It looks terrible and a waste of pieces because this is clearly based on the Philosopher's Stone.

Also, where is Fawkes?

42 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Nice catch - that’s an amazing feature they have, and really useful too!

Overall the set looks great; the only disappointment is the new Basilisk (the rare case where the old one looked cooler/was better) but I’ll take anything we can get. The fact that HP is getting a resurgence this year is amazing; I hope it lasts for at least a few more years! The fact that they seem to be covering the first two movies in this wave lends credence to the fact that they’re covering 2 movies at a time per wave, which is really exciting. I think the best is yet to come...

40 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I'm actually pretty impressed. Only weak point is that Basilisk build.

35 minutes ago, sahidko said:

I am actually really impressed, can't wait to add this to the collection. Well except that basilisk but i can live with that. :D

I think the snake is Nagini, not the Basilisk.

14 minutes ago, NessFreaK said:

No shenanigans, just an accessory sized ball instead of a rod. Can rotate it any which way :)

Nice catch.

I hope those wands  go on B and P because I wouldn't mind mixing old and new torsos for extra students but the old wands would stick out like a (group of) sore thumbs, either way they look small enough that we'll probably get a few spares like with the sonic screw driver piece.

Minerva's hat does look off compared to all the lovely new hair pieces, a combined hat and hair would have been ace.

18 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Just a standard trans-red crystal/rock. :thumbup: Mold has been around for over a decade. 

Ah, I can see that now you've pointed it out, whoops.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Agent Kallus

3 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OK, thanks! 

You know, both have the potential to be utilized in future "regular" CMFs I would imagine. The hat, particularly, could be used for a new wizard CMF, or even for a new Gandalf if it were recolored in Dark Bluish Grey.

I think the hat can't be reused out if this theme because is clearly molded after the Harry Potter character. It even has the face molded

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet (despite being obvious) but the details on the tower look like stickers. What a shame!

8 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Yeah, that's why I thought he meant the cauldron.

Interesting set. I like some of the new mounds they’ve used on some of the characters and we finally have some new wand pieces! I also love how they’ve managed to include so many details like the candles and the fireplace. In many ways this an excellent update of the very first Hogwarts set Lego gave us. Really looking forward to seeing the other sets :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

It says in the description that it is the basilisk.

Includes 10 minifigures and buildable Basilisk and Fawkes creatures, plus Hedwig and Scabbers figures.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 minute ago, hachiroku said:

Perhaps but this set seems to be based on the early films and Nagini didn't first make an appearance until Goblet of Fire.

6 minutes ago, NessFreaK said:

That's... pretty cool. Has that ever been done before? :oh:

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think the hat can't be reused out if this theme because is clearly molded after the Harry Potter character. It even has the face molded

Oh. I didn't even notice that. :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, newwavejunkie said:

Perhaps but this set seems to be based on the early films and Nagini didn't first make an appearance until Goblet of Fire.

Exactly this.

34 minutes ago, deskp said:

Made a really shoddy sketch of the changes I'll want to make, to make it what I consider more accurate and appropriate while keeping in the scale.

*snap*

- Add the small towers sticking out of big tower.

-Tuck in the middle of big tower.

-Remove medium tower stuck onto big tower.

- Add small 'tower' to corner of hall

-Add larger courtyard border.

That looks indeed better.

Also apparently we can connect the Whomping Willow to the great hall.