Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Kevii23 said:

Which of the rumored figures (14) are not in this set? Voldemort, Dementors? 

Well, technically, Voldemort is in this set. :P
The sets seem to be based on early years Potter, so Dementors are unlikely. Unless the CMF throws them in.

Wow! What a fantastic set! :wub: 10 wonderful minifigures, a pretty sizable and decent build, and so many things from the movies (Basilisk and Fawkes apparently, although I can't see them)! Goodbye, future-me's money... 

The main source of jubilation is the Hufflepuff torso. PRAISE. Thank you LEGO, finally! :cry_happy: It's a shame there's no Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw banner, but I'll take what I can get.

Just now, AnnaBuildsLego said:

It's a shame there's no Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw banner, but I'll take what I can get.

I bet there is when u flip them around ;)

Maybe d2c have skirt pieces like Saruman that time.

Just now, Robert8 said:

Is that a Hufflepuff torso??

I thought that was Ginny Weasley?

Hufflepuff, Susan Bones, the hair is indeed confusing.

I had hoped Hermione would come with black robe printed on, for some variety but nop.

Edited by deskp

I love this set:wub:. Richard Harris Dumbledore that actually looks like the movie version, non yellow Quirrel, new Hagrid mold with normal legs, the basilisk, sorting hat, mirror and even the tower. Although the list was wrong about Snape, Filch and his cat, Neville, Lord Voldemort (although Quirrel kinda counts) and 2 dementors. I wonder what that would mean. This is going to be a day 1 buy for me.

34 minutes ago, Catanas said:

New moulds from what I can tell. Feel free to correct me.

Harry's hair.

Hermione's hair.

Dumbledore's hair.

All Hagrid.

Quirrel's Turban.

Wands.

The rat, which also appears in the Arctic sets.

The candles? The flames are at least.

The lattice windows in that shape?

The small spires, and the larger textured roofing parts.

Hagrids lantern.

Oh, and the less crummy looking sorting hat!

There's also a new leaf mould.

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Is that a Hufflepuff torso??

I thought that was Ginny Weasley?

Well actually it doesn’t matter. There is no house logos on their torsos 

Oh, wow! This is such an amazingly detailed set with so many fantastic molds and prints! They’re doing justice to all the characters in spades, if you ask me. Nearly Headless Nick makes his first appearance and is spot on. Who would’ve expected to get Susan Bones in there? What an unexpected treat, with her Hufflepuff torso. 

The new piece for the wands seems to come in a multitude of colours (dark tan, reddish and dark brown, black - in Bricklink’s naming system). Is Harry’s hair a black version of one of the Ninjago Movie main characters? 

This brand new Potter theme is going to be a great big day-one-buy for me. 

36 minutes ago, Catanas said:

New moulds from what I can tell. Feel free to correct me.

Harry's hair.

Hermione's hair.

Dumbledore's hair.

All Hagrid.

Quirrel's Turban.

Wands.

The rat, which also appears in the Arctic sets.

The candles? The flames are at least.

The lattice windows in that shape?

The small spires, and the larger textured roofing parts.

Hagrids lantern.

Oh, and the less crummy looking sorting hat!

It's £89.99 here.

Harry isn't new, his minifigure is an reprint of his figure from Lego Dimensions

1 minute ago, Pop Star c o said:

There's also a new leaf mould.

That's in some of the most recent friends sets.

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Well actually it doesn’t matter. There is no house logos on their torsos 

It's based on the early years, so the jumpers don't have the logos. But they're colour co-ordinated! Tie and all! ^^

Holy shit if this is only the $90 set imagine the 2DC?!?!?The boat and the dueling club is in there and they are all have the short legs! This is amazing.

12 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

The main source of jubilation is the Hufflepuff torso. PRAISE. Thank you LEGO, finally! :cry_happy: It's a shame there's no Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw banner, but I'll take what I can get.

I only just noticed, this set gets better and better by the second. Are we sure about the banners? They might be on the other side of Gryffindor and Slytherin.

2 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

Harry isn't new, his minifigure is an reprint of his figure from Lego Dimensions

Nah, he's definitely new.

10 minutes ago, deskp said:

The lack of skirt pieces is a real downer for me, really takes the gravitas out of Dumbledore and McGonagall Their dresses ends at their knees too..

Yes I found that odd too; it seems strange that they would make a new piece for this year and then not use it to its full potential.

The Basilisk also seems like a strange inclusion to me in a Great Hall set and a odd build; as someone who once owned the original Basilisk, this version looks stumpy and just plain. It seems like a set that tries to cover too many bases so that those who cannot afford the D2C can get a good minifigure range, but at the same time it won't provide much play value as it is too cramped. It's clearly meant to be an add on to the bigger D2C, but it won't leave those who cannot afford to pay £500+ with a very good play/ display piece. The first HP sets were by no means perfect, but they did provide more of a modular experience so that you could build your castle up or just have individual play scenes.

That being said I am grateful that the HP line is being revived, it just feels a bit half hearted. Still it's hard to form an opinion without seeing the D2C, but I think it's fair to say that if this wasn't packed with minifigures there would not be much appeal. I think we now know why the set is so generous with its minifigure!

This is a close up picture of harry from legos annocument it’s not a leak but you can see the wand and the new hair mold 

Edited by Falconfan1414

So is there a list for the minifigs?

Potter
Ron
Hermoine
Ginny
Dumbledore
Draco
Nearly Headless Nick
Prof McGonall
Prof Quirrell
Hagrid

is that it?

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I only just noticed, this set gets better and better by the second. Are we sure about the banners? They might be on the other side of Gryffindor and Slytherin.

I just read Kotaku's article, and they specifically say "reversible" banners, so yeah I think they must be! I love this set more and more. :cry_happy:

Just now, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I just read Kotaku's article, and they specifically say "reversible" banners, so yeah I think they must be! I love this set more and more. :cry_happy:

Can you link the article?

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Can you link the article?

FYI everyone, I’ve added set images and the official set description to the first page of this thread. 

It now shows all the relevant information on what is actually included.