Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like we have to wait for New York before the unknown figs are revealed (and more details of the sets), well it is only next week..

Hoping a hufflepuff (and ravenclaw) minifig is among them :wink:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like we have to wait for New York before the unknown figs are revealed (and more details of the sets), well it is only next week..

Hoping a hufflepuff (and ravenclaw) minifig is among them :wink:

Is the New York one less guarded then Nuremberg? Like they won't be in a secret room this time?

You do realise that none of the summer releases will be on display at the New York Toy Fair? As stated by Brickset: "Only products launching the first half of 2018 will be in the LEGO booth this year at Toy Fair. We will not be showing any products launching June or later" (Source). As Harry Potter seems to be an August release according to various rumours, I won't be getting my hopes up that anything related to this theme will be shown. 

8 minutes ago, TAFOL said:

You do realise that none of the summer releases will be on display at the New York Toy Fair? As stated by Brickset: "Only products launching the first half of 2018 will be in the LEGO booth this year at Toy Fair. We will not be showing any products launching June or later" (Source). As Harry Potter seems to be an August release according to various rumours, I won't be getting my hopes up that anything related to this theme will be shown. 

As far as I’m aware this also meant for the other toyfair too, and yet they were on display 

Hm, I completely missed that, apparently. Did anyone contact Sir von Lego about the Harry Potter sets? And if so, what did he see? Or was he obligated to sign a confidentiality contract?

Fingers crossed that the Harry Potter sets will be on display at NYTF, though I still have my doubts.

36 minutes ago, TAFOL said:

Hm, I completely missed that, apparently. Did anyone contact Sir von Lego about the Harry Potter sets? And if so, what did he see? Or was he obligated to sign a confidentiality contract?

Fingers crossed that the Harry Potter sets will be on display at NYTF, though I still have my doubts.

He has already answered on the previous page, he could not remember much beside what we already have heard, but it looks like the rumours are true at least :classic:

I saw a leak picture on the euro price of the sets lego

75950:19.99 euros (Aragog)

75951: 29.99 euros (Newt Scamander's Briefcase)

75952: 49.99 euros ( Crimes of Grindelwald)

75953: 69.99 euros (For anglia)

75954: 99.99 euros (hogwart hall)

75 956: 39.99 euros (???)

et 75222 569 euros (October)

13 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

This looks much more real than first leaked prices

26 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Wait there's 6 sets plus a D2C??? Thought only 5 sets and the D2C had been confirmed..

41 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

Wait there's 6 sets plus a D2C??? Thought only 5 sets and the D2C had been confirmed..

I don't know what is 75956 set but the leak wrote this set like one of the HP and FB sets

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Can you hear this ominous sound on the distance? It's the sound of my year-long economies flying off the window.

By the way, What is the price of the Death Star nowadays?

Could we be potentially be looking at a Hogwarts bigger than it?

Edited by HarryPotter

6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Can you hear this ominous sound on the distance? It's the sound of my year-long economies flying off the window.

By the way, What is the price of the Death Star nowadays?

Could we be potentially be looking at a Hogwarts bigger than it?

look, you don't count the price of the 22 minifigs or eventually like me the 60 minifigs of the pack.

I will cost almost 1.000 euros. I know that the cost of D2C will not decrease. But for the others sets, i will seek the amazon promotion to decrease the bill.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

I think that the last set has to be a Fantastic Beast set so it would be three a piece. But if its a Harry Potter set... bring it on.

I'm hoping that 75956 is part of the Sorcerer's Stone chambers with the Mirror of Erised and Quirrell included, but it may just be a Fantastic Beasts set as well.  Not sure what else could fit that price point unless they release a new Hagrid's Hut.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wow a new unconfirmed set? But why are they skipping 75955?

That’s the Harry constraction, big secret.

I'm super hyped for this comeback, it feels very surreal! I haven't bought a single lego set in 4 years but I'm all in for this. Kind of disappointing seeing only a few new characters, but hey, it's been almost a decade so I'm sure the figures will be incredibly detailed and different from the past versions, gahh! It's happening this year!!! I cannot believe it. And a HP collectible minifigure series?? Is this a frickin' dream? The geek in me is happily awakening.

9 hours ago, RODDY said:

I think that the last set has to be a Fantastic Beast set so it would be three a piece. But if its a Harry Potter set... bring it on.

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm hoping that 75956 is part of the Sorcerer's Stone chambers with the Mirror of Erised and Quirrell included, but it may just be a Fantastic Beasts set as well.  Not sure what else could fit that price point unless they release a new Hagrid's Hut.

If it is a FB set I bet it will have Tina and Queenie (and Jacob if he is not in the suitcase), if it is a HP set it is almost in the price range of knight bus and Hagrid's Hut. Everything seems to be focused on Hogwarts so I guess no bus, but it is probably too cheep for the hut even without the spider that came with the last edition.. Hard to guess, maybe a Quidditch set or similar with a lot of figs or Harry with his patronus stag fighting of dementors :tongue:

4 hours ago, KevinMD said:

That’s the Harry constraction, big secret.

Haha, hopefully not, what a waste :tongue:

31 minutes ago, DisneyinLEGO said:

Kind of disappointing seeing only a few new characters, but hey, it's been almost a decade so I'm sure the figures will be incredibly detailed and different from the past versions,

Well the CMF has a lot of new figs, and we still do not know about the figs in the D2C, in addition looks like we are getting at least one more set and quite a few figs are still unknown to us! To me it sounds like the best HP wave ever when it comes to minifigs :wub:

17 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Wasn´t 75222 rumored to be a Star Wars Cloud City. Nethertheless 75222 is a Star Wars Number for sure.

2 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Wasn´t 75222 rumored to be a Star Wars Cloud City. Nethertheless 75222 is a Star Wars Number for sure.

71043 is the Hogwarts D2C according to brickset at least..

3 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

yep, i did mistake. But this is the real price of the 75222.

With a new Hogwarts as well as various other sets I'm wondering if now might be a good time to sell my existing Harry Potter sets. I've got all of the final two waves including Diagon Alley. Surely a £500 Hogwarts, a £90 Great Hall and a CMF wave will bring updated figures of almost every one of the old figures especially with the figure count in the Great Hall.

I'm thinking 4842 and 4867 are easily going to be obsolete following these new sets. 

39 minutes ago, Robianco said:

With a new Hogwarts as well as various other sets I'm wondering if now might be a good time to sell my existing Harry Potter sets. I've got all of the final two waves including Diagon Alley. Surely a £500 Hogwarts, a £90 Great Hall and a CMF wave will bring updated figures of almost every one of the old figures especially with the figure count in the Great Hall.

I'm thinking 4842 and 4867 are easily going to be obsolete following these new sets. 

Sell Hogwarts. Keep The Burrow and Diagon Alley I dont see those getting remade. 

46 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Sell Hogwarts. Keep The Burrow and Diagon Alley I dont see those getting remade. 

I agree, they are rather unique sets! @Robianco The Hogwarts sets are nice like the rest of the sets in the two waves, but the D2C are going to blow them away! So the only thing keeping the price up is unique minifigs, but as you say most of the figures if not all are being released again now, so the price of the sets will probably drop...

Edited by Roebuck