Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Stupid question, but how do you think would they pull off the magic ceiling and the floating candles?

They could use clear pieces like the ones used to make Doctor Strange fly in his Sanctum Sanctorum set for the candles and I'm not really sure how they could do the sky but they could use a giant printed piece.

They could still include a smaller version of the hall in Hogwarts. They released a stand-alone set depicting Saruman's throne room and then also included it in Orthanc a few months later. 

11 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

They could still include a smaller version of the hall in Hogwarts. They released a stand-alone set depicting Saruman's throne room and then also included it in Orthanc a few months later. 

That's true but that was like a £15 set. The Great Hall is a £90 one. It makes a big difference in terms of how much the set would cost TLG to produce

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, but if it is 14 minifigs then it is no way we get 900 bricks for 90 dollars, if the 14 figs are wrong and or the price is higher then it is possible off course..

Yes, but bigger bricks is more expensive than small and if it are going to fit with the D2C, then it can not be a joniorized build..

Why are people focusing on this 14 Minifigure thing affecting the price so much?

Battle of Endor, Death Star, Ewan village, MTT, destiny’s bounty, ninjago City, Arkham Asylum, Diagon Alley

wll sets with large amounts of figures that didn’t affect the parts count at all.

With 12 figures at $150 Diagon Alley still had over 2000 pieces.

also I think people are forgetting that a couple of these 14 minifigures don’t even count, weren’t Hedwig and scabbers counted in that list?

I agree with the others that the 90$ Great Hall won’t be the whole structure but more of a hint of the Great Hall. We get a lot of minifigures so I would guess that the price per piece will be around 0,15 $. So we would get a set with around 600 pieces (it could also be something like 500 though) and that’s something to work with. The layout of the Great Hall will probably be similar to the one from the 4842 Hogwarts Castle: 2 tables for the students and one for the teachers. I wouldn’t expect a lot more than longer tables to accommodate more minifigures and a bit more bricks used for the walls. We also can’t forget about the play features like the movable banners (or sth. like that) that will use up some bricks too (more than in the previous iteration of the model).

And we have to remember that this is a licensed set and not "fun in the park - wizards edition" :D

So the ppp will be higher than with non licensed sets. 

Edited by ddavid

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Why are people focusing on this 14 Minifigure thing affecting the price so much?

Battle of Endor, Death Star, Ewan village, MTT, destiny’s bounty, ninjago City, Arkham Asylum, Diagon Alley

wll sets with large amounts of figures that didn’t affect the parts count at all.

With 12 figures at $150 Diagon Alley still had over 2000 pieces.

also I think people are forgetting that a couple of these 14 minifigures don’t even count, weren’t Hedwig and scabbers counted in that list?

But the Great Hall set isn't a D2C set like the ones you mentioned. There also wasn't any mention of Hedwig or Scabbers. And the price of the Great hall is only 3/5th of Diagon Alley but with more figures. TBH I do believe those rumors, but it's still something to keep in mind since it's not a regular thing that LEGO does.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

But the Great Hall set isn't a D2C set like the ones you mentioned. There also wasn't any mention of Hedwig or Scabbers. And the price of the Great hall is only 3/5th of Diagon Alley but with more figures. TBH I do believe those rumors, but it's still something to keep in mind since it's not a regular thing that LEGO does.

Battle of Endor, MTT, Arkham Asylum and Destiny’s Bounty aren’t/ weren’t D2C though.

im fairly certain that some of the Character slots on the list were taken by animals. I did try and find the list but wasn’t successful.

EDIT: Mrs Norris! She was on the list, I wouldn’t count her as a minifigure.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Battle of Endor, MTT, Arkham Asylum and Destiny’s Bounty aren’t/ weren’t D2C though.

im fairly certain that some of the Character slots on the list were taken by animals. I did try and find the list but wasn’t successful.

EDIT: Mrs Norris! She was on the list, I wouldn’t count her as a minifigure.

I'm sorry my fault, I thought you were talking about set 10937 and the remaining once were/are way harder to get in normal stores in my area so I mistook them for D2C :facepalm: :laugh_hard:Still these sets are either more expensive than the great Hall or have less figures (taking price inflation into consideration). For the MTT, that one just had a huge amount of battle droids, those can barely be seen as minifigures. And the character slots in the great hall really aren't taken by animals, it was noted that the cat is just an accessory to Filch. But another thing to note is that many leaks/rumors for other themes as well are mentioning tons of minifigures, which is kinda pointing to these leaks being true. However these aren't confirmed yet either. The thing is, we just need to be sceptical, if we blindly believe every leak and they turn out false we would all be highly disappointed. But hey, that's why forums/topics like this exists (I think) to discuss those things.

Locations who are a must for Hogwarts, IMO:

Entrance Hall

Great Hall

Grand Staircase

Library

Generic classroom

Potions Classroom

Gryffindor Common Room

Harry’s Dormitory

Dumbledore’s Office

Greenhouse

Am I dreaming too high here?

Edited by HarryPotter

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If we get a scabbers, he will most likely use the new mouse mold the coustume series uses

Exactly what I thought when I saw it

15 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I hope we see a few of those scattered throughout the sets and the CMFs. Those are adorable little bricks.

3 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Entrance Hall

Great Hall

Grand Staircase

Library

Generic classroom

Potions Classroom

Gryffindor Common Room

Harry’s Dormitory

Dumbledore’s Office

Greenhouse

I think it's pretty reasonable but I would make the generic classroom into Lockhart/Lupin's classroom with some pixies and the box that Snape Bogart and the Dementor come out of. Personally I would prefer a Chamber of Secrets section instead of the Great Hall. Great list!

Edited by RODDY

17 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If we get a scabbers, he will most likely use the new mouse mold the coustume series uses

4 hours ago, Ultron said:

I prefer the old rat- or the scabbers mould too the mouse. Scabbers is a big rat not a mouse on steroids :wacko:

6 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Entrance Hall

Great Hall

Grand Staircase

Library

Generic classroom

Potions Classroom

Gryffindor Common Room

Harry’s Dormitory

Dumbledore’s Office

Greenhouse

Well maybe not time will tell, but Greenhouse could be later add on set and Harry’s Dormitory could be skipped as well as one of the classrooms without much trouble..

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

I think it's pretty reasonable but I would make the generic classroom into Lockhart/Lupin's classroom with some pixies and the box that Snape Bogart and the Dementor come out of. Personally I would prefer a Chamber of Secrets section instead of the Great Hall. Great list!

A generic classroom is better IMO so it could work with any of the professors like McGonagall, Flitwick, the DADA professors, maybe even Prof. Binns.

And I'm hoping for a full on Chamber of Secrets set, would love to see what today's building techniques could do with it.

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

A generic classroom is better IMO so it could work with any of the professors like McGonagall, Flitwick, the DADA professors, maybe even Prof. Binns.

As cool as it might be, I doubt they'd do Professor Binns and instead stick to the movies

Hearing news of the new big set to be JUST the Great Hall, I thought, "no way! They have to put at least the big tower in there too."

But then I realized, the first Great Hall from 2001 only had one long table. The 2010 Great Hall had two but it went perpendicular to the length of the hall so it is not movie AND book accurate.

So, if this set will only include the Great Hall, then maybe finally we will see all four long tables and I HOPE it is an enclosed set!

11 minutes ago, joeee said:

Hearing news of the new big set to be JUST the Great Hall, I thought, "no way! They have to put at least the big tower in there too."

But then I realized, the first Great Hall from 2001 only had one long table. The 2010 Great Hall had two but it went perpendicular to the length of the hall so it is not movie AND book accurate.

So, if this set will only include the Great Hall, then maybe finally we will see all four long tables and I HOPE it is an enclosed set!

It is a big set for 90$, so it should have all 4 tables.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is a big set for 90$, so it should have all 4 tables.

I'm not very sure about that unfortunately, what's the point of having 4 tables and no characters to sit on 2 of them?

None of the minifigures listed on the leak are either Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw.

18 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I'm not very sure about that unfortunately, what's the point of having 4 tables and no characters to sit on 2 of them?

They may include them in the future, Cho, Luna, Cedric ect. all become more relevant to later movies and Newt was a Hufflepuff.

Now that I think about it they should just make some battle packs, one with two Ravenclaw students and two Hufflepuff + some wands and a little vignette of the castle, maybe add two Death Eaters or just make them their own battle pack.

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Wouldn't be the first time Lego planned ahead for future sets to fill in previous gaps

4 hours ago, Ultron said:

Wouldn't be the first time Lego planned ahead for future sets to fill in previous gaps

That's very true. Besides, the last Hogwarts from 2010 had two tables and the Slytherin common room without any Slytherin students to accompany them. It's probably just a case of having to buy another set from the wave.