Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Release dates for CMFs have more or less always been January 1st. May 1st and September 1st (every four months) but honestly I have always found them on the racks in the previous month (December, April and August) often as early as the first of the previous month but never later than the third week...

--Mr Bill.

Being that Lego likes to put unique figures in the CMFs, I can totally see them doing Dobby, Griphook, and a Hagrid variation as one of the characters that we don't know yet.

Also, is it confirmed that the Ford Anglia Escape only includes 3 figures and the Car and Whomping Willow? It seems two big for just those two things...

Maybe Hagrid's Hut is included in it?? Or surrounding grounds of the castle?

Honestly I'm surprised people are saying they don't want the house ghosts. We'd likely never see them in any other set, save maybe Sir Nicholas, and they're great additions to flesh out the castle...They're really the ones from the list I'm most excited for. I want more unique characters and less rehash. I could do without Fred and George taking up two whole slots. 

18 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Also, is it confirmed that the Ford Anglia Escape only includes 3 figures and the Car and Whomping Willow? It seems two big for just those two things...

Yeah, I was wondering about this too. As much as I want the car, I don't know that I'd buy the set for that price tag if the majority of the build is just a tree. Maybe had it been year 3 based and included Sirius, Lupin, Hermione and Peter Pettigrew too.

Edited by strangely

I keep hanging onto an unfounded hope to hear that the car and tree set will be part of a hogwarts express re-release. Thats where we got them the first time around, and I am sad I passed on the set then. Price point seems similar to the 2010 release too. 

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Being that Lego likes to put unique figures in the CMFs, I can totally see them doing Dobby, Griphook, and a Hagrid variation as one of the characters that we don't know yet.

Maybe the tree itself is built on a bit of a hill, so there can be a secret passage (door flap thing) under it? To tie in to a potential future Shrieking Shack set?

I think it’s quite plausible for the tree and car to have 600-700 pieces. The willow has to be able to fit the car and play features to recreate the scene form the film, and may have a lot of construction parts for ball joins etc. I can easily see it being just those 3.

as for the 3rd figure, maybe Filch? He’s the one that takes them to Snape in the film (yes I know not the book but still)

11 minutes ago, Megaflora said:

Filch is supposed to be in the hall, so I doubt they'd put him in another set this wave.

I thought I should have double checked that list. No idea who then.

4 hours ago, Ultron said:

Honestly I'm surprised people are saying they don't want the house ghosts. We'd likely never see them in any other set, save maybe Sir Nicholas, and they're great additions to flesh out the castle...They're really the ones from the list I'm most excited for. I want more unique characters and less rehash. I could do without Fred and George taking up two whole slots. 

Not that I wouldn’t take a second fred and george, but why do you include them in two slots if they’re twins? Seems like a waste of at least one slot, though I don’t know if I can see Lego listing a single figure as two different characters. 

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I thought I should have double checked that list. No idea who then.

My guess it is Lupin and maybe in his werewolf form + a dog hand a rat as well.. No way the set will include the train for that price, probably just the tree and car I think..

5 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Not that I wouldn’t take a second fred and george, but why do you include them in two slots if they’re twins? Seems like a waste of at least one slot, though I don’t know if I can see Lego listing a single figure as two different characters. 

Even tough they look the same it is two persons so they need two figs, Lego or anyone else treating a pair of twins as one person would be in a lot of trouble I think :wacko: For Lego it is a great deal also since they get two figs for the price of one. For fans it is better too buy two slightly different minifigs, then two of one fig to use as the twins.

10 hours ago, Dhivael said:

I keep hanging onto an unfounded hope to hear that the car and tree set will be part of a hogwarts express re-release. Thats where we got them the first time around, and I am sad I passed on the set then. Price point seems similar to the 2010 release too. 

no i don't think so.

Build weasley car + the big tree with mechanism and maybe the tunnel is necessary with 700 bricks.

Imagine also that the 3nd characters is buck

14 hours ago, Ultron said:

This. Plus how cool would those be? They'd be more spectacular figs than girls/boys in wizardy student clothes (from a non hp-collector's point of view), plus a good reason to introduce new moulds.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

My guess it is Lupin and maybe in his werewolf form + a dog hand a rat as well.. No way the set will include the train for that price, probably just the tree and car I think..

Even tough they look the same it is two persons so they need two figs, Lego or anyone else treating a pair of twins as one person would be in a lot of trouble I think :wacko: For Lego it is a great deal also since they get two figs for the price of one. For fans it is better too buy two slightly different minifigs, then two of one fig to use as the twins.

I really hope you're right about Lupin! Always wanted a Lupin figure, I imagine they could do a great figure for him now. You could even possibly have him as both regular Lupin and the werewolf by using the Chima wolf head mold, then have a double-sided regular head underneath (one side normal Lupin, one side with a grey Batman style band for the eyes when he's a wolf). 

As for the twins, I agree. They did just have twins take up two slots in the second LEGO Batman series after all, so them making both Fred and George here does not surprise me.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

This. Plus how cool would those be? They'd be more spectacular figs than girls/boys in wizardy student clothes (from a non hp-collector's point of view), plus a good reason to introduce new moulds.

I agree! Plus it's nice to get the different house mascots to go with the Great Hall set.

59 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

For Fred and George, it’s likely they’ll come with their signature ‘F’ and ‘G’ christmS jumpers

I'd say that's probably incredibly likely to differentiate the figures. Can't wait to put them in my Burrow. :wub:

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

For Fred and George, it’s likely they’ll come with their signature ‘F’ and ‘G’ christmS jumpers

I would love it to get those sweaters:wub:

Fred and George taking up two slots make sense, because they could come with different torso prints and different head prints, unlike the twins in Diagon Alley. 

We're getting 20 figures besides them so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

I'm also excited for the house ghosts, I don't think we've ever gotten them in minifigure form before? Hopefully they're not just solid grey and more like the banshee from CMF.

Hey guys, i made fun seeking the view of the characters from the futur serie with the picture from lego game.

harry potter baby: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqP2NWeHcNv2aQw2HCGgX

harry potter with uniform 1-4: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE8vr-AHVhDIRMKPiCBsg

Hermione granger 1-4: latest?cb=20100619190139

ron weasley 1-4: lego-harry-potter-years-1-4-201006160146

James potter: latest?cb=20111203214206

Lily potter: latest?cb=20111203214025

Fred weasley: latest?cb=20101228232103

George weasley: latest?cb=20101228232517

Vernon Dursley: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCe9oJXFHOBW9aMouCYKJ

Pétunia Dursley: latest?cb=20100803232656

Dudley dursley: latest?cb=20101231232434

Rolanda Hooch: rolanda-hooch-lego-harry-potter-years-1-

The bloody baron: latest?cb=20180107152937

Sir nicholas: latest?cb=20160502084934

Helena ravenclaw: 250px-Screen_shot_2014-02-25_at_7.00.09_

the fat friar: latest?cb=20180107153616

myrtle warren: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_O5VOg-O_M_A3umMvS9m

Sirius Black: latest?cb=20110501134037

Edited by Black Numenorean

If Myrtle is a Ravenclaw ghost and we are going to see her as a minifigure then we have to see Ravenclaw students.  It would be outrageous if we didn't.:laugh:

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

If Myrtle is a Ravenclaw ghost and we are going to see her as a minifigure then we have to see Ravenclaw students.  It would be outrageous if we didn't.:laugh:

Depends on the scene they are trying to replicate.

I love the wands in the game.  Hopefully they give us tapered bars for wands.  Better than the normal bar from last time.

I have been lurking in this topic for a long time, but am very excited for the new sets, mainly for the new minifigs. Any opinions whether the Dimensions figures will be recycled or redesigned? I think I have to buy them now, before they are gone?

16 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Hey guys, i made fun seeking the view of the characters from the futur serie with the picture from lego game.

Nice compilation! I think the Dursleys will be in night gown since they come with the rifle (Vernon) and the cake (Dudley) in the scene on the island after they escape the owls.

5 hours ago, cocabottle said:

I have been lurking in this topic for a long time, but am very excited for the new sets, mainly for the new minifigs. Any opinions whether the Dimensions figures will be recycled or redesigned? I think I have to buy them now, before they are gone?

I hope not, Harry's hair is terrible IMO.

5 hours ago, cocabottle said:

I think the Dursleys will be in night gown since they come with the rifle (Vernon) and the cake (Dudley) in the scene on the island after they escape the owls.

Dudley will come with his pig tail too IIRC.