Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are not fantastic beasts, I’m 99% sure about that. The way that they are marketing this is similar to the way they do the superhero’s line, do similar but separate themes so they would have marketed the theme as wizarding world of Harry Potter if they had plans to include the fantastic beasts. Plus I’m pretty confident this list is real. People I have talked to believe it is real as well

I want to believe it's real too, but I think this is a pretty strong sign that it's fake. The supposedly leaked descriptions listed 20 figs, with three of them unknown (#12, 18, and 20, according to the leaker's list). If that list were legit, I'd expect the guy to have known the correct number of figs, since it wasn't public (or guessable) prior to today.

It’s awesome that we’re getting 22 figures!! I find it odd that the catalogue says they’re an April release, must be a mistake. And yeah, no D2Cs would be listed in a retailer catalogue, since they wouldn’t be able to purchase the sets to sell them. 

22 figs? On the one hand, this is great news: the more figures, the better :laugh: On the other hand, I would have preferred 21 or 24 since I always construct display stands for the licensed CMF series out of spare CMF stand pieces and 22 is a rather unhandy amount of minifigs for that :tongue: At least it's not an even sillier number like 23 :wacko:

Have there ever been 2 minifigure lines run at the same time? It would be odd for the line to end right when the sets go for sale. 

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It’s awesome that we’re getting 22 figures!! I find it odd that the catalogue says they’re an April release, must be a mistake. And yeah, no D2Cs would be listed in a retailer catalogue, since they wouldn’t be able to purchase the sets to sell them. 

How long are CMFs usually on stores?

I'll be traveling to the US next year and it'd be nice if I was able to adquire them on stores instead of online.

11 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Have there ever been 2 minifigure lines run at the same time? It would be odd for the line to end right when the sets go for sale. 

I think the answer is technically yes, in that there have been limited release sets like the Team GB Olympics and German Soccer World Cup sets alongside or right after regular series, but it's almost certain the listing of two CMF series in April is a mistake.

Good to hear that there are still quite a few unrevealed CMF. They should be able to cover the first three books/movies pretty well.

Wow, I didn't expect 22 minifigures in minifigure series! This leaves place for 5 more minifigures, according to leaked list.

Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander's Case box looks really small, and Crimes of Grindelwald looks really big! Great Hall set box looks really big too.

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

If anyone is wondering, the Great Hall Box is the same size as the Justice League Flying Fox set

That’s the $100-130 box size, so it pretty much lines up with the $90 rumor.

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

The third CMF line for the year lists a start sale date of August 2018, the same as the 3 HP and 2 FB sets, and an end date of Dec 2018. The "April Series" bit in the header is most likely a misprint. 

7 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

a series of 22 minifigs for april. I did the link with falcon

It says April, but it also says August in the second to last line

I would say the April thing is most likely a mistake

Adding to my earlier post;

the Aragog Set Box is the same size the speed Champions boxes and SW battlepacks. So definitely a in that price range.

IIRC the Whomping Willow Set was $70. The box is the same size as the Star Wars X-Wings.

and as I said earlier, the Great Hall Set is the same as the Justice League Flying Fox

57 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

22 minifigures? So there's a chance the likes of Hagrid, Dumbledore and Voldemort may be included then.

LEGO Hagrid has a unique molded body. I don't think they would include that in a CMF series 1

My bet is a dementor, since it would be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge army builder. Also, a random Death Eater would be a nice builder

16 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

LEGO Hagrid has a unique molded body. I don't think they would include that in a CMF series 1

My bet is a dementor, since it would be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge army builder. Also, a random Death Eater would be a nice builder

Well so did Maggie in the Simpsons CMF, so I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Hagrid's size shouldn't be a deal breaker either since he wouldn't take up any more space then Batman and the dolphin from the newest series. 

It is possible the leaker only know about 17 figs, then assumed it was a series of 20 and put in 3 question marks, but why put them here an there and not at the end?

I thought earlier the leaker had seen the figs and could not recognize 3 figs, but that do not make sense when 2 figs are missing, also the rumoured list is mostly obscure figs anyway..

Guess we have to wait and see :wink:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is possible the leaker only know about 17 figs, then assumed it was a series of 20 and put in 3 question marks, but why put them here an there and not at the end?

I thought earlier the leaker had seen the figs and could not recognize 3 figs, but that do not make sense when 2 figs are missing, also the rumoured list is mostly obscure figs anyway..

Guess we have to wait and see :wink:

All pointless speculation really, but maybe the leaker saw a written list of the minifigures next to their numbers as they are on the minifigure leaflets, but Lego had not yet finalised the complete list, thus leaving gaps, or even the exact amount thus leaving two short.

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A Dementor would be cool, as would a Death Eater. Dobby would be another that would make for an amazing minifigure. 

I honestly hope the series list is wrong as there is to many figures in the list I don't want such as the 4 ghosts, the durslys, and harry's parents.

Edited by Brickwraith