Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I was today at my local toyshop and the shopkeeper told when I saw the first Batman movie 2 CMF bags, that the second line will be a normal line and the third will be a Harry Potter line.

So I think it's not longer a rumor.

28 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

14 minifigures for an $80 Set? I have a feeling that this may be the line up for the D2C and somewhere it’s been mixed up.

It’s not. Lego is actually being very generous here. Even though Hogwarts is most likely in December, they want to promote this theme hard. Just think half the cmf and d2c will be fantastic beasts and the other will be hart potter so it makes sense that they give us a big Harry Potter set with a lot of figures 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s not. Lego is actually being very generous here. Even though Hogwarts is most likely in December, they want to promote this theme hard. Just think half the cmf and d2c will be fantastic beasts and the other will be hart potter so it makes sense that they give us a big Harry Potter set with a lot of figures 

Really hope you are right! I've loved HP since my teacher read the book to my class at school before it was even well known and I've loved Lego for even longer. Add to that that my birthday is in August and this is like my biggest Lego birthday wish come true!  ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

(2 more unknown)

I'm hoping for a Luna and any Hufflepuff then.

Amazing to hear. I'm so happy that after an originally odd first lineup of sets, we'll be getting the minifigures to back it up. And if the Great Hall really is that stacked with figures, I can only IMAGINE what will be in Hogwarts.

My other thought is that that 14 figure lineup is for the UCS Hogwarts. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, who is in the Ford Anglia set besides Harry and Ron? I'd find it wierd if both that and the Aragog set only have Harry and Ron.

3 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Amazing to hear. I'm so happy that after an originally odd first lineup of sets, we'll be getting the minifigures to back it up. And if the Great Hall really is that stacked with figures, I can only IMAGINE what will be in Hogwarts.

My other thought is that that 14 figure lineup is for the UCS Hogwarts. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, who is in the Ford Anglia set besides Harry and Ron? I'd find it wierd if both that and the Aragog set only have Harry and Ron.

It’s not for the ucs. How would a retail site have the characters for half d2c anyway

14 minifigures in the Great Hall?! That sounds really good for a set at that price point.  Hopefully the D2C will have just as good of a minifigure lineup too.  I'm also hoping that the Ford Anglia/Whomping Willow set has more minifigures than just Harry and Ron.

#75950 Aragog in the Forbidden Forest - $14.99
Includes Aragog, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley (Year 2).

#75951 Newt Scamander's Briefcase - $24.99
Includes minifigure scale brick-built beasts.

#75952 Unknown Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Set - $29.99
Description:

• "Oh no, Grindelwald managed to escape from the Macus! Help Dumbledore and Newt to catch the evil wizard! Use magic and grind Grindelwald into a trap, but beware of Grindelwald's henchman *MISSING TEXT*".

Additional Information:

• Probably use of a large mechanism and new translucent parts.

Minifigures (x4):

• Gellért Grindelwald
  • Newt Salamander (different clothing from #75951)
  • Dumbledore
  • Unknown grindel of Grindelwald

#75953 Ford Ford Weasley - $69.99
Description:

• "Try to catch up with the Magic Express! *MISSING TEXT* But quickly jump into Ford Weasley and soar up! *MISSING TEXT* Oh no, ahead of the obstacle - Weeping Willow! Fix Ford on the branches of the Willow and with the mechanism swing them to *MISSING TEXT*!"

Additional Information:

• A mechanism is used to swing the Weeping Willow branches.

Minifigures (x3):

• Harry Potter
  • Ron Weasley
  • Unknown character

#75954 The Hogwarts Hall - $89.99
Description:

• "Visit the magical hall of the Hogwarts School! Receive points from Dumbledore and use the clever mechanism to unfold the flags of the faculties, but be careful - the cunning Volan de Mort *Voldemort* is trying to destroy the castle! Stop him from doing it with a team of friends!"

Additional Information:

• Perhaps among the minifigures will be Hagrid, in the set there is a function of the destruction of the wall.

Minifigures (x14):

• Harry Potter (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Hermione Granger (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Ron Weasley (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Draco Malfoy (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Neville Longbottom (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Professor McGonagall
  • Professor Albus Dumbledore
  • Professor Severus Snape
  • Filch (attached as an accessory to the cat is Mrs. Norris, made in a new detail)
  • Dementors x2
  • Lord Voldemort
  • Unknown characters x2

#71043 Hogwarts Castle - $500/€485
D2C December 1st 2018.

Rumoured J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World CMF Series - $3.99/€3.99
August 2018 Release.

18 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

14 minifigures in the Great Hall?! That sounds really good for a set at that price point.  Hopefully the D2C will have just as good of a minifigure lineup too.  I'm also hoping that the Ford Anglia/Whomping Willow set has more minifigures than just Harry and Ron.

Yeah, according to the leaks there is 1 more figure in the Whomping Willow set. The only ones that have been around that three were Hermione, Pettigrew, Sirius Black and Lupin so probably one of them. 

Looking forward to the grindel of grindelwald. Minifig-size brick built creatures sounds.. interesting.

16 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah, according to the leaks there is 1 more figure in the Whomping Willow set. The only ones that have been around that three were Hermione, Pettigrew, Sirius Black and Lupin so probably one of them. 

Maybe Hermione in her Year 3 outfit, to remake that scene before they go to the Shrieking Shack? I think it'll just be a way to get all three of them in casual outfits.

2 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Ugh...

Yeah, I wanted an Erumpent that looks like the Black Panther Rhino really badly. Hopefully that's what it means by brickbuilt and not tiny little Dimensions-type beasts.

Hopefully it comes with an easy to get Year 1(?) Newt in blue coat.

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I am certainly not middle class and I managed to save up for the falcon. If people want it they’ll buy it

You must be middle class to be able to save up money for what I gather was an expensive set (don't know anything about Star Wars). 

If you can afford a D2C Hogwarts, then you must have a reasonable pile of money at your disposal. 

We all know Lego is expensive. But this is not the thread to debate what constitues “expensive”. 

Let’s talk about the sets themselves please. :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

You must be middle class to be able to save up money for what I gather was an expensive set (don't know anything about Star Wars). 

If you can afford a D2C Hogwarts, then you must have a reasonable pile of money at your disposal. 

I think 500 dollars is an pretty ok price for what you get, especially if you love HP. Dont get me wrong 500 is a decent amount of money. But in my experience people will shell out cash for what ever marvel,star wars etc thing they love, Just in my dorm building there is two ucs millennium falcon owners. So i dont thing lego will have an hard time to sell a big Hogwarts.

38 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

it cost £650. I am in no way middle class and I’m a student who has very little at his disposal. But I just saved up for a long time and sold a lot of old sets. So please don’t assume anything.

sorry to derail the thread slightly, I just feel a little offended by this

Edited by Whovastron

30 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I am in no way middle class and I’m a student whi has very little at his disposal. But I just saved up for a long time and sold a lot of old sets.

Thats the true spirt we wanna hear! Now lets drop the talk about the price and go back to the set again!

Edited by 4nt0n

I'm starting to think that the Whomping Willow set will have at least one other build besides the tree and the car, as I'm having trouble picturing the set being very large if those are the only two builds.

7 hours ago, Kez said:

Minifigures (x14):

• Neville Longbottom (school uniform - mantle in the form of a cape is possible)
  • Professor McGonagall
  • Filch (attached as an accessory to the cat is Mrs. Norris, made in a new detail)
  • Dementors x2
  • Lord Voldemort
  • Unknown characters x2

It is a LOT of figs for a 90$ set, but it is not impossible! The city "Fun" minifig sets cost 40$ and have the same number of ("unique") figs + around 100 bricks. So then you have 50$ + 100 bricks for the great hall, that is doable..

Most of the figs are probably not unique either so not that expensive:

That is the same fig, they are also in other sets so you get them "for free"

The same, but probably not in a different set, so you need a face for him

Almost the same fig beside the torso, he and /or the slytherin sweater can be in another set/CMF

• Lord Voldemort

They will likely be in another set/CMF, so "cheap" figs

• Dementors x2

That is two for one, they could also turn up in another set/CMF

• Professor McGonagall
  • Unknown characters x2

These 5 figs are probably unique to the set..

7 hours ago, Whovastron said:

it cost £650. I am in no way middle class and I’m a student who has very little at his disposal. But I just saved up for a long time and sold a lot of old sets. So please don’t assume anything.

sorry to derail the thread slightly, I just feel a little offended by this

I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend. I thought if anything it would be a compliment if you're not actually middle class and somehow managed to afford a ridiculously expensive LEGO set.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

It is a LOT of figs for a 90$ set, but it is not impossible! The city "Fun" minifig sets cost 40$ and have the same number of ("unique") figs + around 100 bricks. So then you have 50$ + 100 bricks for the great hall, that is doable..

Most of the figs are probably not unique either so not that expensive:

That is the same fig, they are also in other sets so you get them "for free"

The same, but probably not in a different set, so you need a face for him

Almost the same fig beside the torso, he and /or the slytherin sweater can be in another set/CMF

• Lord Voldemort

They will likely be in another set/CMF, so "cheap" figs

• Dementors x2

That is two for one, they could also turn up in another set/CMF

• Professor McGonagall
  • Unknown characters x2

These 5 figs are probably unique to the set..

Yes, but i think this is a argument to put less bricks. What will be the face of Great hall with 14 minifigs? i don't know.

I please that the mantle will be the coat like custom coat we saw from customer .

Great hall with 14 minifigs for $90? That will be... interesting. Would be highly unusual considering (for example) a flagship SW set is around $150 with only 6-7 figs. Sounds more like a D2C lineup.

If it turns out to be real it's awesome though, I'm more interested in the minifigs than the build anyway.

It will suck if the D2C Hogwarts is really a December release (probably November for VIPs) especially if it connects to the Great Hall (which is the smaller piece count assumption is true makes a lot of sense).

i really hoping to get Hogwarts for my other half’s birthday, maybe Christmas now!

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It will suck if the D2C Hogwarts is really a December release (probably November for VIPs) especially if it connects to the Great Hall (which is the smaller piece count assumption is true makes a lot of sense).

i really hoping to get Hogwarts for my other half’s birthday, maybe Christmas now!

It's a November-December release for sure. :/