Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Brickset is a rumor aggregator, there is nothing substantiating Hogwarts at the moment.

with that said, if the d2c is HP, it’s the most likely set with the train being 2nd most likely imo.

A reliable source on Instagram said it was Hogwarts I believe.  I don't think the train is going to be $500.:wink:

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Rumors of HP sets/CMF began in August (see first page of this thread). Of course everyone speculated about how Hogwarts would be handled, and I'm sure many of us hoped for a UCS-size D2C set... whether you'd call that rumors or just wishing is up to you. I do know that the idea really gained traction after the "licensed IP D2C" listing was revealed.

Agree that it's hard to imagine what else it could be, assuming it's not an existing license like Marvel. And given that the first wave of regular HP sets is pretty small, it would make more sense accompanied by a D2C set and CMF line.

Existing licenses were stated separately- the Marvel D2C for this year was listed as such, not as “Licensed IP”. I doubt any license that’s not Super Heroes or Star Wars could carry a $500 set except for Harry Potter. 

28 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Existing licenses were stated separately- the Marvel D2C for this year was listed as such, not as “Licensed IP”. I doubt any license that’s not Super Heroes or Star Wars could carry a $500 set except for Harry Potter. 

You are probably right, the $500 price tag has to be some sign. I hope some leak will come soon :)

The only part about the wave that seems like mostly speculation is the CMF series.  Would be awesome to have but out of all the HP rumors it has the least amount of info suggesting that we're getting them.

The 5 sets and Hogwarts have all been but confirmed.

Does anybody know when lego usually unveils new licenses, Can it happen before this summer?

There will be another set with code 75956 that is on the French site, which has a € 62 rounded. Also from Harry Potter. But if we look at the logic if there is a 956 then there will be a 955. Then there will be 7 sets.

This is due to the logic of the site.

Edited by CapitaoHook

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I was aware of that, but there are still one or two existing licenses in the LEGO basement that could fill the slot. Could be Barad-dür, for instance. (I don't think it is, and for the record I think Hogwarts is far and away most likely, but anything is possible.)

2 minutes ago, CapitaoHook said:

There will be another set with code 75956 that is on the French site, which has a € 62 rounded. Also from Harry Potter. But if we look at the logic if there is a 956 then there will be a 955. Then there will be 7 sets.

LEGO skips numbers all the time. Would be nice to get 7, but wouldn't count on it.

2 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, I was aware of that, but there are still one or two existing licenses in the LEGO basement that could fill the slot. Could be Barad-dür, for instance. (I don't think it is, and for the record I think Hogwarts is far and away most likely, but anything is possible.)

LEGO skips numbers all the time. Would be nice to get 7, but wouldn't count on it.

You just had to mention a LotR D2C, didn’t you. I would love a Barad-dûr, but I don’t think Lego has any new licensed sets that have been rumored except for Powerpuff Girls and Harry Potter. 

7 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I was going to say the same thing. For example the creator sets always skip one or more numbers: there was no 31061 set, although there are sets 31054 to 60 and 31062-70

Edited by ddavid

22 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

You just had to mention a LotR D2C, didn’t you. I would love a Barad-dûr, but I don’t think Lego has any new licensed sets that have been rumored except for Powerpuff Girls and Harry Potter. 

Just wait until Amazon gets its LotR series on the air (or... on the WiFi?) That thread is going to explode... all the old speculation and wish-listing will get rehashed once again. (Can't wait!)

I like the book, but I especially love the move and the soundtrack is just magnificent!

BUT I don't think it will happen. We now only get the Harry Potter sets because of the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald movie that will drive sales on all thinks connected to magic.

As long as we don't get any movie from the Middle-earth universe I would say it's very unlikely that we get a second wave of The Lord. Although I'm an even bigger fan of Lotr than HP I keep my hopes down. But I guess everything is possible

Edited by ddavid

1 hour ago, CapitaoHook said:

This is due to the logic of the site.

There were only 5 sets listed in the cateloge 3 Harry Potter 2 Fantastic beasts 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A few more too but not lord of the rings 

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There were only 5 sets listed in the cateloge 3 Harry Potter 2 Fantastic beasts 

A few more too but not lord of the rings 

What other new licenses do they have that they’re making sets for?

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

What other new licenses do they have that they’re making sets for?

Look in the future license forum 

3 hours ago, Johnjacob said:

The only part about the wave that seems like mostly speculation is the CMF series.  Would be awesome to have but out of all the HP rumors it has the least amount of info suggesting that we're getting them.

The 5 sets and Hogwarts have all been but confirmed.

I heard about the CMF series long before the sets from a personal trusted source, so it's the only thing I'm pretty confident we will see.

21 hours ago, Felkin said:

Some people can afford £650 for the Millennium Falcon. People who were kids when HP first started are now adults... with more disposable income (well, some people, not me sadly).

Yeah, middle-class people can. The rest of us can't. Even £80 with the old set seemed a little over-priced IMO. £65/£70 would be more like it.

21 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Only if we actually get that good an exchange rate- look at the ship in a bottle £69.99/$69.99/€69.99!!

True. I can't imagine many would be able to afford to give £500 to LEGO for a Hogwarts set. 

The MF sell like hot cakes and it is even more expensive, so if it is a epic set then it will sell a lot :wink:

Concerning more real conformation about the sets:

It is rare that unconfirmed sets that give of this much smoke are put out, sooner or later they burst in to flames! It may take a while especially for the D2C, but wait for it..

I am sure several people who are silent know a lot already, but they have promised too keep shut etc.. I have known about the mammoth for several months and I am sure a lot of other people did as well, yet no one said a woolly hair about it in here *huh*

LUCIUS MALFOY: My Lord, had I detected any sign of a set, a whisper of D2C whereabouts…

VOLDEMORT: There were signs, my slippery friend. And more than whispers.

:tongue:

Another potential license just occurred to me for the Mystery D2C: Goonies. Could be One-Eyed Willy's pirate ship + boobytraps. Seems less likely given the PotC ship still has another year on the market, and I'd still prefer Hogwarts first, but it's a possibility. 

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I am sure several people who are silent know a lot already, but they have promised too keep shut etc.. I have known about the mammoth for several months and I am sure a lot of other people did as well, yet no one said a woolly hair about it in here *huh*

I think this is actually the most compelling evidence there is for this set being Hogwarts: there are definitely people who know what the set is and for whatever reason can't confirm its identity... but there'd be nothing stopping from them saying what it isn't, and yet no one has come forward saying, "It's not Hogwarts".

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

LUCIUS MALFOY: My Lord, had I detected any sign of a set, a whisper of D2C whereabouts…

VOLDEMORT: There were signs, my slippery friend. And more than whispers

?

20 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Yeah, middle-class people can. The rest of us can't. Even £80 with the old set seemed a little over-priced IMO. £65/£70 would be more like it.

True. I can't imagine many would be able to afford to give £500 to LEGO for a Hogwarts set. 

I'm probably considered middle class and the only way I'm putting $800 down is if the set mows my lawn too. 

(Or if its a UCS Cantina or D2C X-men mansion)

On 12/01/2018 at 6:37 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I am certainly not middle class and I managed to save up for the falcon. If people want it they’ll buy it

Edited by Whovastron

9 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

the jurassic sets are leaking currently and there will be sold on june. For us, potter sets for august. So maybe, we will see quickly the pictures.

I’m pretty sure the jurassic world sets come out in April. I think the soonest we will see the Harry Potter sets is at the toy fairs in the coming weeks.

Edited by Rookie875

There are 14 figures in the great hall!! Harry, hermione, Ron, Draco, Neville, McGonagalla, filch with cat, dumbeldore, snape, dementors 2, possibly Hagrid and Voldemort (2 more unknown)

Also the 2nd fantastic beast set has 4 figures: newt, dumbeldore, grindelwald and a grindelwald henchman

the weeping willow has 3 figures including Ron and Harry comes with the Wesley car

Also Hogwarts is rumored for December 

Edited by Falconfan1414