Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Seeing the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald first look, I think figures of the movie would be really cool

Yeah, they'd be something really special...I know we have no confirmation of anything Fantastic Beasts next year, but truly a Wizarding World theme would be remiss without those excellent figures. Capaldi/Bill Murray/Tarkin's hairpiece would be effortlessly good for Jude Law's Dumbledore...I wonder what would work for Grindelwald's spiky hair. 

I can’t imagine we’ll be getting Harry Potter sets/minifigures without Fantastic Beasts. I suppose lego is using the Fantastic Beasts Movie to bring Harry Potter back for two reasons:

1. The get more people interested in the theme, if they buy Harry Potter sets, maybe they’ll stretch for the FB ones...

2. And excuse to remake sets and have another crack at the theme

i can imagine the Minifigure series easily splitting between HP and FB

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

The CMF series is supposed to be a "Wizarding World" series, so Fantastic Beasts should be included.

It’s not been confirmed, only speculated. But yeah that’s the most likely way this theme will be done

’Lego The Wizarding World’

14 hours ago, Hypernova888 said:

I wonder what would work for Grindelwald's spiky hair. 

New mold for sure. Similar to Ninjago Movie Zane's hair

Child, i was a huge fan of HP. And i had all the lego set from it.

Next, i was in the dark age and i  missed the waves.

Today, i am exciting for it and i had to stop to pay others lego sets to focus on this futur wave.

Are you sure about the set at 485 euros?

A D2C Hogwarts would of course be cool. But if it is just regular sets instead, i would really like to see some sets we've never seen before. I would love to see some Deathly hallows part 1 sets like the tent, Lovegoods house, Malfoy manor, the ministry, the cafe battle and maybe even Godrics hollow! Even some Order of the phoenix sets would be great as well like Grimmaulds place, the Dementor attack in the beginning of the book/movie etc...  

2 hours ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

A D2C Hogwarts would of course be cool. But if it is just regular sets instead, i would really like to see some sets we've never seen before. I would love to see some Deathly hallows part 1 sets like the tent, Lovegoods house, Malfoy manor, the ministry, the cafe battle and maybe even Godrics hollow! Even some Order of the phoenix sets would be great as well like Grimmaulds place, the Dementor attack in the beginning of the book/movie etc...  

A $13 Dementor Attack set would be a great way to get a cheap Dementor and Dudley!

3 hours ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

Halfblood Prince would be nice as well, the only movie without a single set.

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

the burrow set is largely based of HBP

On 11/22/2017 at 5:30 AM, Black Numenorean said:

Child, i was a huge fan of HP. And i had all the lego set from it.

Next, i was in the dark age and i  missed the waves.

Today, i am exciting for it and i had to stop to pay others lego sets to focus on this futur wave.

Are you sure about the set at 485 euros?

Dude, so did I! Back in the day, when Snape had a purple suit...

Unfortunately, we don't even know if the 485 EUR kit is a HP/FB set, so no, it isn't confirmed in any way whatsoever - yet. :) Hoping it's true.

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

6 hours ago, DJ Bricks said:

Yes some more HBP sets would be great too like maybe the Slughorn christmas party, the horocrux cave, potions class and Weasley wizard wheezes 

I even forgot to mention my ideas for more Goblet of fire fire sets too! The death eater attack on the Quidditch world cup campsite, the third task (which we strangely enough didn't get back in 2005) Yule ball and the prefects bathroom! :)  

11 hours ago, DJ Bricks said:

The build took inspiration from all movies, but the play feature/scene is indeed from HBP. But it guess you're right. Sadly that hardly sums up the movie.

4 hours ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

Yes some more HBP sets would be great too like maybe the Slughorn christmas party, the horocrux cave, potions class and Weasley wizard wheezes 

I even forgot to mention my ideas for more Goblet of fire fire sets too! The death eater attack on the Quidditch world cup campsite, the third task (which we strangely enough didn't get back in 2005) Yule ball and the prefects bathroom! :)  

Basically all movies after POA had too little sets and all movie sets before POA are in need of a big update, this theme better sticks around for a while.

Does anyone else think that the new fat-Grey-Monster with a waistcoat bigfig from Ninjago would be perfect for the troll from Philosphers Stone? Would bet good money that will be in a set.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Does anyone else think that the new fat-Grey-Monster with a waistcoat bigfig from Ninjago would be perfect for the troll from Philosphers Stone? Would bet good money that will be in a set.

I don’t think so, since he has a leather jacket molded onto him as well as skull knee pads. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Probably not. His upper body would work, but that's all I'm afraid.

Btw, I've been thinking. Do you guys think the figures will be based  again on their movie appearances or will the LEGO group use some creative liberty solely based on the descriptions from the books? They will probably go the movie route again, but it's still something interesting to think about.

47 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Probably not. His upper body would work, but that's all I'm afraid.

Btw, I've been thinking. Do you guys think the figures will be based  again on their movie appearances or will the LEGO group use some creative liberty solely based on the descriptions from the books? They will probably go the movie route again, but it's still something interesting to think about.

Since the license is through Warner Brothers, I doubt they would use anything other than the movie likenesses.

14 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

batman minifig serie is for january.

So we can expect a harry potter minifigs serie in october!, isn't it?

There has been no confirmation of a Harry Potter CMF series, let alone when it might appear. The CMF series following the second Batman series is supposedly birthday-themed, due in the spring.

20 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

batman minifig serie is for january.

So we can expect a harry potter minifigs serie in october!, isn't it?

If it is one it is likely in fall, time will show :wink:

On 12/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, Roebuck said:

If it is one it is likely in fall, time will show :wink:

I’m thinking we won’t see any HP until the second half of the year. Mostly because we’ve seen pictures for practically everything but HP(unless I just missed them...).