Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

45 minutes ago, Hypernova888 said:

I think it's fair to hope that 71043 is a Hogwarts. If so, I think it's also safe to assume that we won't be getting any normal waves of HP sets, that it'll just be a Hogwarts and a CMF line.

From what I have understood normal sets with HP in are unofficially confirmed (we then assume we will get some FB sets also because of the movie). A CMF series is more or less confirmed, so it is the D2C we are more unsure if are real, but we hope a lot :tongue:

If they give us one, maybe it is half the castle then you can buy two to get outer walls roundabout like Kingdoms Joust - 10223 ?

Edited by Roebuck

12 hours ago, Hypernova888 said:

I think it's fair to hope that 71043 is a Hogwarts. If so, I think it's also safe to assume that we won't be getting any normal waves of HP sets, that it'll just be a Hogwarts and a CMF line. That to me seems pretty reasonable, and not too much of a stretch for TLG to make happen. Perhaps it could end up being a precursor to a small Fantastic Beasts line at the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019...though maybe even then, could the hints that we'll be getting a 'Wizarding World' line, not just 'Harry Potter', suggest that the Hogwarts and CMF are all we're getting of the Wizarding World next year? Fantastic Beasts falls under that blanket and it wouldn't make any sense to put a Wizarding World Hogwarts set in the 'CMF sets' lineup if there were other wizarding sets coming.

My safe prediction: a CMF line and a D2C set, most likely Hogwarts, mostly focusing on Harry Potter. It's not too much of a stretch to guess that other Wizarding figures could appear--about a month ago they were filming Hogwarts scenes for Fantastic Beasts 2 in Wiltshire, it would make sense. I don't think we should ignore the possible rebranding from 'Harry Potter' to 'Wizarding World'. But I'm also a little hesitant to get too crazy with my prognostications.

This sounds wonderful to me, a bit more maturity added to some of the older Hogwarts playsets would be perfect in my book, no disappointment for me. 

Look three posts above you. Sir von Lego confirmed that we will see retail HP products in 2018. 

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Look three posts above you. Sir von Lego confirmed that we will see retail HP products in 2018. 

Do you think he meant just HP or Fantastic Beasts also because I think it would be fun to get sets such as the MACUSA hq or 1920s Hogwarts and minifigs like Grindlewald, young Dumbledore, Credence and some brick built beasts

Hoping not to jinx anything, but I REALLY don't think they will be basing the possible Hogwarts set around Fantastic Beasts 2. It will definitely be full out Potter, appealing to all audiences. I doubt they'll do a Death Star thing, including scenes from both. There's just too much of Harry's story at Hogwarts to cover, so I really hope they don't split it half and half.

Also, although they'll probably do it like the Disney Castle with many small rooms, I just think that it would be great if they stuck a little bit true to the architecture of the castle, rather than placing many random rooms where they don't belong. 

Another hope I have is that maybe they will lift this one up a bit on the rocks, like it is in the films, rather than just flat on the ground like the past sets. This wave of sets has a lot of potential, so hopefully Lego revives Potter to the fullest!

55 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Another hope I have is that maybe they will lift this one up a bit on the rocks, like it is in the films, rather than just flat on the ground like the past sets. This wave of sets has a lot of potential, so hopefully Lego revives Potter to the fullest!

Yeah I'm hoping for this as well, but only because it would make room for the dungeons with the slytherin common room and potion class but also for the Chamber of Secrets. Maybe even a kitchen under the Great Hall with a house-elf. That last one would probably be too much, but I can definitely see the other 3 happen.

So I’m curious, we have confirmation of a Harry Potter minifigure series and regular sets right? With a D2C being strongly hinted towards being hogwarts castle? I would be very happy if all of these happened. If one of these rumors had to break I might say the D2C due to that being the only non confirmed thing 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

So I’m curious, we have confirmation of a Harry Potter minifigure series and regular sets right? With a D2C being strongly hinted towards being hogwarts castle? I would be very happy if all of these happened. If one of these rumors had to break I might say the D2C due to that being the only non confirmed thing 

Honestly, I think the minifigs would be the one to go (if one had to). I've had strong feeling that Lego would do a UCS Hogwarts for years, and with a new Fantastic Beasts and a world of Potter fans, I can't see why they wouldn't make it.

53 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

so far i think minifigure is not confirm, i dont see where this rumors come from?. for sure, one wave of HP set will come, this is quote from Sir Von Lego. minifigure just someone speculation, is not confirm

If we did get a wave of sets instead of a D2C, there is a possibility we could get another small Hogwarts with less room for multiple rooms. Personally, I think a Disney castle style one would be the best option as it would give the largest variety of rooms. They could, however, take it to the next level and release multiple non D2C sections of the castle that all combined together like the Philosophers Stone and Chamber of Secrets waves of sets which I think is a possibility 

39 minutes ago, CapitaoHook said:

Hello everyone I got the sets prices through which I copied to my pc and I saved all prices, here they are:

10256: Expert Creator 114.990Ft. converted  370 €
10260: Expert Creator 49,990Ft converted 160 €
10261: Expert Creator 99.990Ft. converted  320 €
10262: Expert Creator 44.990Ft. converted  145 €
10263: Expert Creator 29.990Ft. converted 100 €

I also have the others, from the marvel, Star wars, and from the possible harry potter.:wink:

What do you think it can be ???
I do not know either.

HP info is very welcome in this tread @CapitaoHook :tongue:

I hope the 370 or 320 is a HP set :sweet:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

HP info is very welcome in this tread @CapitaoHook :tongue:

I hope the 370 or 320 is a HP set :sweet:

Well the set that possibly could the one of Harry Potter that 71043, I am not completely sure has a price to prowl 149,990Ft. which converted more or less euros gives € 485 converted from FT to EUROS.

Just now, CapitaoHook said:

Well the set that possibly could the one of Harry Potter that 71043, I am not completely sure has a price to prowl 149,990Ft. which converted more or less euros gives € 485 converted from FT to EUROS.

Yes off course HP is not a creator expert set, I got exited and carried away :blush: But 485 is completely bananas, if that is a HP set is going to be epic *huh*

38 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

Long time lurker here but, if we're really getting a UCS Hogwarts I hope they pack it in with Professor Minifigs.

I agree, I think a Great Hall that has enough seats for each one would be cool too

If they did Hogwarts, they'd probably do 10-12 minifigs, similar to the 2010 version. Hopefully they do the figures a bit different also, maybe Dumbledore with the Saruman hair/beard mold, Harry in an alternate outfit, Voldemort with the dark green robes, and some updated student uniforms.

4 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

That's a very promising price, that must be almost the size of the Death Star. If it turns out to be Hogwarts I hope they'll focus a lot on the width instead of the hight, this way we'll be able to get a lot of different sections and rooms.

8 hours ago, OneWithTheForce said:

Long time lurker here but, if we're really getting a UCS Hogwarts I hope they pack it in with Professor Minifigs.

I can see three or fours, but I'd be cocnerned if we got more as that would probably detract from getting students from different houses.

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but how much would the USD price vary from the EUR price as a matter of conversions with such a large set? Would it be about $550?

6 hours ago, Azani said:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but how much would the USD price vary from the EUR price as a matter of conversions with such a large set? Would it be about $550?

Actually, from my understanding, most of the time it's the same number but in dollars instead of euros, or even a smaller number (still not too different), so maybe $485,- or $465,-

12 hours ago, Azani said:

I can see three or fours, but I'd be cocnerned if we got more as that would probably detract from getting students from different houses.

What I would give to finally get proper Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff uniforms, I'm really shocked to this day we haven't gotten any in any set, definitely would help if they made some Collectible Minifigs but I feel like they'd go for Fantastic Beasts over Potter.

I hope if this really is a Hogwarts set it's similar to the Disney castle, in that it's more of a scale model than a set like the past Hogwarts have been. I think it's highly viable for them to release a UCS Hogwarts next year though considering Hogwarts will be in Fantastic Beasts, sort of like how they bring back relevant Star Wars sets every time a movie comes out.

1 hour ago, OneWithTheForce said:

What I would give to finally get proper Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff uniforms, I'm really shocked to this day we haven't gotten any in any set, definitely would help if they made some Collectible Minifigs but I feel like they'd go for Fantastic Beasts over Potter.

So far there are very few important FB persons compared to HP, so if they give FB 2-3 normal sets and 5-6 CMS figs (out of 20) they should be covered. If HP then gets 3-4 normal sets, most of the CMS and hopefully a huge D2C set, I for one will be very surprised if they do not give us Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff uniforms! Heck the CMS should manage that easily alone :tongue:

It would be neat if they split the CMS 40/60. In saying that though, all the main FB characters would be in sets anyway, and theres not many variants they could use, unless the new movie gives us some.

Am I right in saying we have one DTC, a wave of sets and a CMS series confirmed, with Harry Potter confirmed and Fantastic Beasts possible?

If the DTC is Hogwarts, there are three ways they could do it to be accurate to the films.

Firstly, just the Grand Staircase Tower and the Great Hall, the most memorable bits of the castle. This would mean putting all the class rooms and common rooms in the tower. I'm guessing it'd be built on rocks, so the underground rooms would have a place. The Entrance Courtyard and Boathouse are also possible add ons here.

Secondly, they could have the Grand Staircase Tower and Great Hall as above, but with the Quadrangle behind it, which has much more room for corridors and classrooms now, as well as three more towers. The problem with this are two bridges leading off from here, which would need to connect to something. There is also the Hospital Wing corridor that leads off the main Quadrangle, but this is more easily disguised.

Finally, they could do the whole thing. I have planned my own version, and it would take up a huge space, so I'm not sure if they'll go down this route. It changes appearance from film to film, so I'd hope they go for the Deathly Hallows appearance as it is most current.

It would be nice to see sets of parts of Hogwarts not included in the DTC, if indeed the DTC is Hogwarts and it is not the complete castle. The Quidditch Pitch, Greenhouses, Boathouse, the Owners, Hagrid's Hut, Triwizard Tasks and Forbidden Forest would all be good stand alone sets, or maybe a tower such as the Astronomy Tower. 

There are loads of non-Hogwarts sets with great potential. Diagon Alley is still a good set and the Hogwarts Express and Burrow are fine too, but Privet Drive and Hogsmeade could be updated. Grimmauld Place, Malfoy Manor, the Ministry of Magic would be cool, and there are numerous smaller locations that would be great to see realised.

I really can't think of any way that they'd be able to make the whole castle. People seem to be expecting it but the only way that will happen is if it's some sore of micro scale model. I imagine it will be along the lines of the 2010 Hogwarts, but a tad larger. Buildings is like to see are the great hall, main tower, clock tower, astronomy tower, the wooden bridge and a courtyard.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I really can't think of any way that they'd be able to make the whole castle. People seem to be expecting it but the only way that will happen is if it's some sore of micro scale model. I imagine it will be along the lines of the 2010 Hogwarts, but a tad larger. Buildings is like to see are the great hall, main tower, clock tower, astronomy tower, the wooden bridge and a courtyard.

There is the possibility of multiple D2C sets like in the Simpsons. Perhaps 2 castles with components that connect together like in the 2010 and 2011 Hogwarts sets