Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

Even The Forbidden Forest was pretty good: it was a cheap way to get Voldemort and Hagrid, plus Narcissa who was exclusive, and the build, while nothing exciting, wasn't awful.

I agree absolutely, it even had a handful of nice pieces, like those mushrooms, some extra blue fire and leaf parts--basic, but still nice to have. 

The roller coaster pieces (The Joker Manor) could be used for a nice Gringotts Bank set

Edited by Robert8

If this is a limited theme  I really hope with Harry potter the only thing they focus on is Hogwarts. That can include both the express and Hagrid's hut.

23 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is that a no to gringotts or no to this being a multiple set theme 

He means no news.

sometimes people read into leakers' posts waaayyy too much

While we're sticking to speculation,I'd love to see some updated Triwizard Tournament sets with brick-built creatures and a smattering of technic functions in the newer, smoother-looking architecture. A compact, modular, 40-60 USD set would be incredible.

Edited by Azani

I’m falling down a dark hole called “Classic Lego Harry Potter”. I’m eyeing like 10 sets but I’m also trying to save for next year’s Marvel and JW sets, so I have a dilemma. Anyway, I’m really hoping that Lego does something similar to 2001 where most of the sets were parts of Hogwarts and they could all be combined together! I’d also settle for a huge $300+ UCS Hogwarts set. 

Harry Potter is essentially what got me into lego, one of the first sets I remember building is the original Hogwarts Express.

i missed out on the 2010 reboot, I came close to getting he forbidden forest and really regret not getting it but I hope this new wave gives us a good selection.

perosnally I would like to see:

the 1st Tournament - have a brick-built Horntail, or just more along the lines of Smaug, along with the egg, Harry and maybe a stand for figures to watch. I imagine this being a smaller set focusing on the dragon

Hogwarts Express - a UCS level build of the express with power-function capabilities, along the lines of Emerald Night

the Forbidden Forest - An improved version of Aragog (the 2010 one was terrible) and some smaller spiders, along with the flying Car

The Chamber of Secrets - huge set with a brick-built Basalisk

the Knight Bus - a newer version

Gringots Bank - the main bank floor with some of the new rollercoaster track to lead to Belatrix's vault. Featuring the Ironbelly with a way for it to smash through the floor

On 28/9/2017 at 9:28 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Is that a no to gringotts or no to this being a multiple set theme 

It is a "no" to "any news there"..

On 8/22/2017 at 5:09 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Where did you get the Disney series 2 from?

From just2good, on his channel.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:07 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Awhile ago, @Itaria No Shintaku told us that a second Disney CMS was not happening for that time slot; and as far as 2019 goes, I'm pretty sure nothing is yet set in stone, let alone confirmed or rumored yet.  

Actually, 2019 has two LEGO Movies coming out which both have a series for each. Disney Series 2 might happen in either September 2019 or January 2020.

On 8/23/2017 at 4:52 AM, MAB said:

It will not happen. UCS is Star Wars only. They might do a large set, but it won't be UCS. Just like the Disney castle, Helicarrier, Batman Tumbler, etc.

Actually, the Dark Knight Trilogy Tumbler was a UCS set.

13 hours ago, kungfulegolover said:

Like the Helicarrier, it is styled like a UCS set, with the respective specs sticker, but it is not branded as UCS. UCS is indeed only Star Wars.

On 01/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, kungfulegolover said:

It wasn't. Why drag up an old post and reply with factually incorrect information? 

Please everyone don't get wildly off track into classifications of types of sets, when different minifigures lines may or may not be released, etc. This thread is already purely speculation, but as long as we keep to hopes and wishes for whatever these upcoming HP sets might be, at least the discussion will remain readable and on course for when more real information becomes available.

On 01/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, kungfulegolover said:

From just2good, on his channel.

Actually, 2019 has two LEGO Movies coming out which both have a series for each. Disney Series 2 might happen in either September 2019 or January 2020.

just2good said Disney Series 2 will be happening??

27 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

just2good said Disney Series 2 will be happening??

I think he said he would prefer Disney series 2 over another batman series but I don’t think he actually said it’s happening

18 hours ago, just_one said:

2018 D2C

10256 CREATOR Expert
10260 CREATOR Expert
10261 CREATOR Expert
10262 CREATOR Expert
10263 CREATOR Expert
71043 Licensed IP D2C
76105 Avengers
75181 Star Wars
75222 Star Wars CC (Cloud City?)

Could 71043 be a Harry Potter D2C? :look:

50 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wait so if 71043 is Harry Potter could we get a Harry Potter d2c a minifigure line and regular sets all in the summer? 

Were regular sets ever rumored? I thought it was just the CMF series.

Interesting if they do the Simpsons route with this theme. I think it could work out pretty well.

29 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Were regular sets ever rumored?

Yes :grin:

If we are lucky we get sets, CMF and a D2C ( 71043 Licensed IP D2C).