Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

OOh, this topic is almost too exciting for words!

As someone unfortunate enough to come out of a long Dark Age just as the last HP sets were disappearing off the shelves, I'm holding my breath!

I hope we get plenty of magical creatures; otherwise, the set(s) will just have a bunch of school children in vaguely old fashioned classrooms (which doesn't look that exciting to the general public). I'm hoping for a new Basilisk, personally! Trolls, werewolves, dragons, Dementors, most of the creatures from Fantastic Beasts... even if most of them are brick-built, there's lots of scope for exciting sets.

57 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Everyone is talking about updating old minifigs but I'm thinking what about magical creatures,like the hippogriff??

An new version of 4753 with an updated Sirius Black and the hippogriff would be great.

Of course! I cross my fingers for it!

I also hope that they use a color scheme for Hogwarts like the one I use in a MOC I made recently (see photo below), see a new version of hogwarts castle with Brick Yellow and Sand Green colors would disappoint me, I prefer Sand Yellow and Dark Stone Gray for roofs ...

35514645676_1cff072044_z.jpgHOGWARTS CASTLE by Etel Enzos, en Flickr

Edited by ETELENZOS92

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:
  1. Here is the list of all 46 characters from the original Harry Potter theme (I think).

46. Wormtail=Peter Pettigrew

46. Merpeople

47. Stan Shunpike

48. Ernest Prang

49. Griphook  (no regular goblin)

50. Voldemort  (I know he is Tom Riddle, but they deserve their own spot).

12 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I do think we'll get an updated Umbridge; that minifigure is near impossible to get these days.

I'm with you on McGonagall; her outfit is OLD! They never seemed to update it either, I hope they do for this batch of sets. I think though, judging by the fact that Hermione was in Dimension's and they didn't change anything except her hair, it'll be the same one in these sets, which is sad. I always thought the original hair piece for Hermione was more true to the character than the overused hair they gave her from the Goblet Of Fire sets onwards.

I don't think the likes of Bellatrix will be changed; her appearance was perfect in The Burrow set and most of the Weasley's were great too. It'll be interesting to see how they update them. One character I hope we get a minifigure for is Richard Harris' Dumbledore. I know he was only in two movies and it would be silly of them to produce two Dumbledore's in one theme; but I always love the robes and the way his beard was in the first two than Gambon's. Not saying I don't want an updated version of Gambon's Dumbledore either; but I do think an updated Richard Harris is definitely something I'd be looking for.

The Dimensions Hermione is fantastic...the best part about her was that she finally got her own- and extremely accurate- outfit. 

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

The Dimensions Hermione is fantastic...the best part about her was that she finally got her own- and extremely accurate- outfit. 

Yes, her outfit is excellent, but I think her hairdo's colour doesn't correspond with her original hair.

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

Yes, her outfit is excellent, but I think her hairdo's colour doesn't correspond with her original hair.

Also the face doesn't look like Emma Watson. Her outfit is good though. But both face and hair needs an upgrade!

Hey, guys, how real are these rumours?  Is there much foundation in known fact or is everyone getting carried away with the speculation of the moment? I only ask because I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them cruelly dashed later.  At the same time, if there is truth to these rumors, I need to start saving my money NOW! :sweet:

1 hour ago, JanetVanD said:

Hey, guys, how real are these rumours?  Is there much foundation in known fact or is everyone getting carried away with the speculation of the moment? I only ask because I don't want to get my hopes up only to have them cruelly dashed later.  At the same time, if there is truth to these rumors, I need to start saving my money NOW! :sweet:

The leakers who put out these rumors have had a pretty much 100% accuracy in the past; I'm so hyped 

A new Platform 9 3/4 would be a welcome addition. IIRC the last was in 2001? The design for the two platforms was good, it just needed a lot of touching up. 

3 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

While it's not 100% confirmed, the leakers who came with this rumor are really trustworthy so it's almost save to say we'll be getting at least something from the Harry Potter universe. I would indeed start saving money, if it's not for the Harry Potter theme it could be for one of the many other great themes we'll see in 2018. Rip our wallets :tongue:

17 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

I think the hair color is fine, it was lighter in the last movie. However, as she had her hair in a braid, I think the closest they could've used would be the new-ish pony tail, like on Maria Hill in the Helicarrier. 

I am so pleased to hear such confident reassurance, SvL!

Time to give my wishlist a serious trim to save money for Harry Potter stuff.

Isn't just one set, but a whole wave? That's very hopeful to hear...I'm excited! ;)

Honestly, if we got a UCS style Hogwarts? I'd accept 100% reused figures from the past easily. Obviously I want the best we can possibly get, I'd like sets from Fantastic Beasts 2, but just...Hogwarts. Getting a two-eras-in-one set like the new Falcon would be the most ideal (and most sensible) set I think we could possibly get, definitely with Harry, some of his friends and teachers, Dumbledore, and then probably Jude Law's Dumbledore, Leta Lestrange, young Newt and if he's important enough, the new character Sebastian. I'd pay as much money as they'd want for a really good, thoroughly detailed castle like that. 

Even if we got a normal flagship playset I'd still dig that--my only Hogwarts Castles came before the rebooted 2010 wave, and I wasn't able to pick up 4842. *regret* It feels very hard to speculate sets right now, hard enough that we don't know much at all about the next FB film, but also because it's tough to get a proper sense of what LEGO wants to go for when it comes to Harry Potter...likely some of the same as we've gotten in the past, but if they're going to do a CMF wave it makes me feel like these sets may be something different...maybe they'll have a different feel, or a different focus, or will just (fingers firmly crossed) have a new degree of quality to them. Even still, all speculation, hopes, theories and anything else aside...I'm excited to get anything LEGO Potter...and if it's within my means, I'll do my best to collect this 'wave' as best as I can in its entirety. I'm eating up any rumors and hits we're getting...I haven't been in theme hype mode since LEGO Dimensions...and I haven't been excited to this degree since the last wave of LEGO The Hobbit. 

10 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

While it's not 100% confirmed, the leakers who came with this rumor are really trustworthy so it's almost save to say we'll be getting at least something from the Harry Potter universe. I would indeed start saving money, if it's not for the Harry Potter theme it could be for one of the many other great themes we'll see in 2018. Rip our wallets :tongue:

I think if there's any help to the perceived validity of these rumors, it's that we're only getting these rumors NOW for 2018, when we'll see the next Fantastic Beasts movie. I don't think LEGO was prepared to be able to do sets for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in 2016 (or they just didn't want to or didn't see the value in it) so they put Newt and Tina in Dimensions and are now ready to commit for the release of the next film. Maybe they think they can trust it to be successful. 

I wonder how odd a LEGO Depp Grindelwald would look...(a proper one, not the simple Dimensions one)  

Edited by Hypernova888
Had more to say :P

This is incredible to hear! I am really glad they are releasing a full wave of sets. Hopefully this means that they will over time release every single figure again. Hopefully these will be shown off at toy fair so we can get a idea of what we will see 

Great news that there'll be waves. As everyone has said, I really hope this line is here to stay. There's so much more they could do with it...the possibilities are endless considering the size of the world.

I too would like some new creatures; Buckbeak needs an update; as does Fluffy and even the Basilisk there's countless others too. I'd also like Grawp to be added as a big-fig and even new Goblin moulds. I thought it was lazy in 2010 of Lego to reuse the old Goblin mould when they'd gone to so much trouble making Dobby look JUST like he did in the movies.

I'm also slightly hoping for a Ministry of Magic set. I think if it were to happen, it wouldn't be executed how I want though. I think they'd focus on an Order Of The Phoenix style set with the prophecy battle and so on. I'm talking more of the actual building though; I'd love the large golden statue and the fire places. However I could see these being included in smaller form with a possible Dumbledore VS Voldemort style set, similar to the Lord Of The Rings' Wizard Duel set. 

5 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I'd also like Grawp to be added as a big-fig

So would I, though the way Grawp appears in OotP doesn't really suit the normal big-fig style...I'd expect to see more of a brick-built figure, like Gi-Ant-Man from last year (though I'm not sure if that could look good at all).

All indications over the last few months seem to suggest a wave and a collectable minifigure series, I'm in! How wonderful to get this theme back, it's always been a source of great builds and figures! I hope it is successful, which I'm sure it will be. 

I hope we get a good mix of Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter characters!

If they are going to do a wave of about 6 to 7 sets and a collectible minifig series, then that will pretty much touch upon all the characters that we know and care about. These sets are the most likely ones that they will produce for a first wave, give or take a few:

Dobby's Release - Harry Potter, Dobby, Lucius Malfoy

Knight Bus - Harry Potter, Stan Shunpike, Sirius Black

Second Task - Harry, Cho, Krum, Merperson

Chamber of Secrets - Harry, Ginny, Lockhart, Tom Riddle

Dragon Challenge - Harry, Cedric, Mad- Eye

Hogwarts Express - Harry, Ron, Draco, Lupin, Dementor

Hagrid's Hut - Hagrid, Hermione, Ron, Grawp

Hogwarts Castle - Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville

Whatever sets they don't make off this list, the minifigs would be in the collectible series. If this list doesn't have the theme's reasonable starters, then I have no clue what they'll do! I could definitely see The Burrow, Gringotts, or Grimmauld Place happening as well, but I don't think that's likely in the first wave.

46 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

If they are going to do a wave of about 6 to 7 sets and a collectible minifig series, then that will pretty much touch upon all the characters that we know and care about. These sets are the most likely ones that they will produce for a first wave, give or take a few:

Hogwarts Castle - Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Voldemort, Bellatrix, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville

Whatever sets they don't make off this list, the minifigs would be in the collectible series. If this list doesn't have the theme's reasonable starters, then I have no clue what they'll do! I could definitely see The Burrow, Gringotts, or Grimmauld Place happening as well, but I don't think that's likely in the first wave.

I think the Burrow would be a likely contender for the first wave, especially over something like the second task. 

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

If you look at earlier waves this is what we likely can expect, but you have forgotten to bring FB into the equation :wink:

What about a D2C Newt's case :tongue:

I'd love to see an updated Chamber of Secrets set. And if they designed like the Rancor Pit, it could fit underneath a Hogwarts Set.

5 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I'd love to see an updated Chamber of Secrets set. And if they designed like the Rancor Pit, it could fit underneath a Hogwarts Set.

I could see them doing it like the doctor strange set. Have one end be where the snake comes out and the other end be the entrance