Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, The Pearson said:

But the famous Dumbledore vs Grendelwald duel is going to be featured in the FB movies. That takes place in the 40s if I'm not mistaken.

Correct, there's going to be four more films continuing the story of the first one from 1926 to 1945. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Actually, the MCU is the biggest movie franchise with HP second and Star Wars third.

Haha, I had to google MCU so I am pretty sure they are far far behind when it comes to die-hard fans :tongue:

SW have been around for 40 years, HP only 20 years.. Give HP 20 years more and maybe it is even more popular than SW :wink:

8 hours ago, The Pearson said:

But the famous Dumbledore vs Grendelwald duel is going to be featured in the FB movies. That takes place in the 40s if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah I have to agree with GoldenNinja3000, the duel will mean the end for the series, which is a long away for now. We're not even sure yet if the Lego theme will be lasting that long. But I think it's save to assume we won't be seeing it in this wave yet. 

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Actually, the MCU is the biggest movie franchise with HP second and Star Wars third.

The MCU might have the most movies but it's not the biggest movie franchise yet. Star Wars is number one, and it will stay that way as long as they keep giving us new movies every year. It's followed by James Bond (who doesn't have a Lego theme yet :cry_sad:) which is about to be caught up by the MCU which is currently second. Harry Poter comes in 4th place. Besides merchandising is also important and Star Wars is currently the king of merchandising. But I'm going of topic here...

9 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

The uniforms need updating as well. The girls should have different uniforms than the boys, and so on.

Meh I have to disagree. The uniforms were kinda gender neutral. Also since the characters were still children when they wore those uniforms there wasn't really a visual difference. It would also make it harder to get those uniforms taking in mind we only received the gender less Gryffindor and Slytherin variants so far. We would be lucky to even get Ravenclauw and Hufflepuff. However they could give the girls a skirt, but that would be the same piece for every house, which would be easier to collect to be honest.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yeah I have to agree with GoldenNinja3000, the duel will mean the end for the series, which is a long away for now. We're not even sure yet if the Lego theme will be lasting that long. But I think it's save to assume we won't be seeing it in this wave yet. 

The MCU might have the most movies but it's not the biggest movie franchise yet. Star Wars is number one, and it will stay that way as long as they keep giving us new movies every year. It's followed by James Bond (who doesn't have a Lego theme yet :cry_sad:) which is about to be caught up by the MCU which is currently second. Harry Poter comes in 4th place. Besides merchandising is also important and Star Wars is currently the king of merchandising. But I'm going of topic here...

Meh I have to disagree. The uniforms were kinda gender neutral. Also since the characters were still children when they wore those uniforms there wasn't really a visual difference. It would also make it harder to get those uniforms taking in mind we only received the gender less Gryffindor and Slytherin variants so far. We would be lucky to even get Ravenclauw and Hufflepuff. However they could give the girls a skirt, but that would be the same piece for every house, which would be easier to collect to be honest.

If you factor in how much the movies make as well as the toy sales, I'm sure Star Wars is number one. I'm saying based on only money earned (and not adjusted for inflation) the MCU is the biggest. Star Wars definitely has a bigger fan base though. 

I really hope we get some new uniforms. I'm dying for a Ravenclaw one and I honestly can't believe they never made Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff torsos. 

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yes skirts would be okay (IMO printed<fabric) but I would defiantly want the torsos to be gender neutral.

They way they do this theme is going to be interesting. On one hand they could do a D2C big Hogarth to go along with the minifigures. But it might be more profitable for Lego to realease multiple sets based on Harry Potter and the Wizarding world and continue the theme for a while with the fantastic beasts movies still coming out. They don't even really have to come up with new designs for the sets. They could realses the same sets they did in the old theme with maybe a new one here and there. Honestly I see it as a more profitable option if they do sets and a minifigure series 

Oh my, all this news is too exciting. The only reason I'd be against a Harry Potter CMF is because I'd spend too much money on it :laugh:

Seriously, I hope they fill in missing characters. I know that as LEGO works, they'll have to make all the main characters because the current kids wouldn't have the old sets, but boy do I hope for a proper Sirius, Tonks, Kingsley, and Cho at the very least as far as new characters go.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Seriously, I hope they fill in missing characters. I know that as LEGO works, they'll have to make all the main characters because the current kids wouldn't have the old sets, but boy do I hope for a proper Sirius, Tonks, Kingsley, and Cho at the very least as far as new characters go.

I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of the HP figures came out during a time in which Lego's minifigure designs were not as refined, and could use significant updates.

I think Ron could use the new Jay hairpiece from the Ninjago Movie

Malfoy is totally going to use the new Dog Show Winner/Bruce Wayne hairpiece

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think Ron could use the new Jay hairpiece from the Ninjago Movie

Malfoy is totally going to use the new Dog Show Winner/Bruce Wayne hairpiece

I'm not sure if that would work, perhaps if they went for the versions from the books, but I don't think they are really movie accurate. Well perhaps the dog show winner piece might work for the Malfoy of the last few scenes of the Deathly Hallows part 2, however I'm not sure if it will capture the overall feel of Draco throughout all movies 8 movies. So I think they will stick with the previous hairpiece.

Speaking about new hair pieces, I think Dumbledore definitely deserves an update. The old minifigures of him barely resembles the Dumbledore from the movies. They kinda looked like his first incarnation, but not that much. I think they could use the Vitruvius beard piece to start with, but he kinda needs a new hair/hat mold to  really capture his look.

I hope at least Harry, or Ron, or both, get updated hair. As of now, they both have the Skateboarder hair and that bothers me. IMO, the main three should all get new unique hair pieces. None of th ones currently in use match very well. 

4 hours ago, saysonder said:

I hope at least Harry, or Ron, or both, get updated hair. As of now, they both have the Skateboarder hair and that bothers me. IMO, the main three should all get new unique hair pieces. None of th ones currently in use match very well. 

Only the Dimensions Harry Potter uses the skater's hair. All other set and promotional versions use the Harry Potter hairpiece that was designed for him. Lego still calls it the "Harry Potters Wig". 

l7GoqpK.png

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They way they do this theme is going to be interesting. On one hand they could do a D2C big Hogarth to go along with the minifigures. But it might be more profitable for Lego to realease multiple sets based on Harry Potter and the Wizarding world and continue the theme for a while with the fantastic beasts movies still coming out. They don't even really have to come up with new designs for the sets. They could realses the same sets they did in the old theme with maybe a new one here and there. Honestly I see it as a more profitable option if they do sets and a minifigure series 

If we are lucky they do them al :grin:
- 1 big D2C Hogwarts

- The first CMF series (we could get several series if the first sell well, no shortage of figs)

- Normal sets from HP and FB (hopefully the first in many waves to come)

By the way I would like to see a Magical Menagerie shop set from Diagon Alley! This is most likely not a first or second wave set, but if them keep the waves coming it could happen:wink: It is not unlikely that Newt Scamander and his friends will visit the shop during one of the next 4 films...

What minifigs need updating?

I can see Dumbledore being upgraded with Vitruvius' from the Lego movie's beard.

The likes of Quirrell and Lockhart need fleshie minifigs too.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

By the way I would like to see a Magical Menagerie shop set from Diagon Alley! This is most likely not a first or second wave set, but if them keep the waves coming it could happen:wink: It is not unlikely that Newt Scamander and his friends will visit the shop during one of the next 4 films...

If they'll ever produce the Magical Menagerie, it would definitely come with Crookshanks (if it's placed in the HP era).

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The new Falcon officially has figures from two Star Wars trilogies so my fingers are crossed for a UCS Hogwarts with both HP and FB minifigures! 

Hopefully it will have a much better minifigs per piece ratio at least, over 1000 bricks per fig *huh*

6 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

What minifigs need updating?

I can see Dumbledore being upgraded with Vitruvius' from the Lego movie's beard.

The likes of Quirrell and Lockhart need fleshie minifigs too.

I know a lot of people hope for a new Umbridge, but I kind of like how she's only in 5378.

I do however, hope for an updated McGonagall! That green dress is way to outdated, she has the black dress from PoA and up until the last one and I absolutely despise the Hermione figure from 2010. It doesn't even look like Emma Watson so she better be updated as well...

I made a list of all the characters we got from the original Harry Potter line (i can post it if anyone wants it) but it's 44 minifigures in total. If you based it on another theme that was revived that is similar to this is batman. They brought back batman but also introduced marvel alongside it. What if they do that with fantastic beasts and Harry Potter? Realease them both under the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme but each of them is a sub theme? 

I like that idea. Have sets from each franchise on alternating years so you don't kill [or the wallets] the market too quickly. Will also give the FB movies a chance to come out and sets designed around them.

Argh, Star Wars everywhere I go ... this thread feels like home.

Some of my fav HP minifigs are the Weasley family. Ron's red tartan vest. Molly Weasley's kitchen apron. Ginny and the rest, all quite good.

Another would be Neville. I wouldn't mind they release Longbottom the way he is now. His sweater is awesome.

One of my fav characters but poorly made by LEGO is Luna Lovegood. The skirt needs an update. Side prints all round on dual-molded legs, like Clara Oswald would be nice.

After thinking about previous Harry Potter years (as it was my first heavily-collected theme ever for Lego), I decided to put together a short list of improvements I'd like to see!

First, hair that fits snug on Harry (early Ron had a similar problem, but it always plagued Harry). His hairpiece is so loose, it twists around or falls off almost unprompted. Most of my time spent with the HP figs from my collection is reuniting my 4.3 trillion Harrys with their hair!

Smaller Wands. I understand many objects are out of scale with minifigures due to sheer necessity, and obviously a scale wand is impossible at such a small scale, but they don't need to be waving around walking sticks like they have been. Even if it's just the shorter rods we've gotten over the last few years, that is so much better than the big ones.

Goblin eyes. The earliest goblins had molded eyes, like Dobby or OG Jar-Jar, that were uncolored, but unlike those two, Goblins never got eye printing upon rerelease.

Early franchise characters, such as Quirrell, in flesh tone. Not something that could have been helped at the time, since flesh tones weren't in use until Prisoner of Azkaban, but it would still be an improvement. Of all of these, this one seems fairly likely.

At least a few classrooms that can be stuck together. The first two movies had sets that could be combined with each other to expand Hogwarts, which was a really cool idea. It was a little awkward in execution, but it was fun all the same. I feel like they could pull off something a little better nowadays, if they do it. The idea was abandoned before, so it may stay that way.

Sturdier brooms. The broomstick piece is so susceptible to damage, and yet it's not changed even in recent appearances. If they could manage something a little more resistant (preferably less generic-looking too), such as a rubberish material or something, I would be head over heels for it.

1. Argus Filch
  2. Arther Weasley
  3. Bellatrix Lestrange 
  4. Death Eater
  5. Dementor 
  6. Dobby
  7. Draco Malfoy
  8. Dumbledore 
  9. Fenrir Greyback
  10. Fred Weasley
  11. George Weasley
  12. Gilderoy Lockhart
  13. Ginny Weasley
  14. Goblin
  15. Gregory Goyle
  16. Hagrid 
  17. Harry Potter
  18. Hermione 
  19. Lucius Malfoy
  20. Luna Lovegood
  21. Mad-Eye Moody 
  22. Madame Hooch
  23. Marcus Flint
  24. Molly Weasley 
  25. Narcissi Malfoy
  26. Neville Longbottom
  27. Oliver Wood
  28. Ollivander 
  29. Peeves
  30. Peter Pettigrew 
  31. Professor Umbridge 
  32. Professor Flitwick
  33. Professor Karkaroff
  34. Professor Lupin
  35. Professor McGonagall
  36. Professor Snape
  37. Professor Sprout
  38. Professor Trelawney
  39. Quirrell
  40. Ron Weasley 
  41. Sirius Black
  42. Tom Riddle 
  43. Uncle Vernon
  44. Victor Krum
  45. Troll
  46. Wormtall

here is the list of all 46 characters from the original Harry Potter theme (I think). If they did do just a Harry Potter only minifigure series with 20 and if they did a Death Star level d2c even then all the characters won't be included ( we would have a remainder of 3). I also keep thinking back to the batman theme and how Lego did recreate pretty much every character from that. So hopefully this line doesn't disappoint and follows the same trend while introducing new fantastic beasts characters (sorry mods if the font for the list is too big I copied and pasted it from a word document)

Edited by Falconfan1414

14 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I know a lot of people hope for a new Umbridge, but I kind of like how she's only in 5378.

I do however, hope for an updated McGonagall! That green dress is way to outdated, she has the black dress from PoA and up until the last one and I absolutely despise the Hermione figure from 2010. It doesn't even look like Emma Watson so she better be updated as well...

I do think we'll get an updated Umbridge; that minifigure is near impossible to get these days.

I'm with you on McGonagall; her outfit is OLD! They never seemed to update it either, I hope they do for this batch of sets. I think though, judging by the fact that Hermione was in Dimension's and they didn't change anything except her hair, it'll be the same one in these sets, which is sad. I always thought the original hair piece for Hermione was more true to the character than the overused hair they gave her from the Goblet Of Fire sets onwards.

I don't think the likes of Bellatrix will be changed; her appearance was perfect in The Burrow set and most of the Weasley's were great too. It'll be interesting to see how they update them. One character I hope we get a minifigure for is Richard Harris' Dumbledore. I know he was only in two movies and it would be silly of them to produce two Dumbledore's in one theme; but I always love the robes and the way his beard was in the first two than Gambon's. Not saying I don't want an updated version of Gambon's Dumbledore either; but I do think an updated Richard Harris is definitely something I'd be looking for.

Everyone is talking about updating old minifigs but I'm thinking what about magical creatures,like the hippogriff??

An new version of 4753 with an updated Sirius Black and the hippogriff would be great.