Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Okay thanks.:grin:   let's just hope we get more HP sets than FB.

I'm hoping for the opposite actually,with the FB sets we'll get more new characters in Lego form and not mention new locations.

With the HP sets we'll probably get mostly updated versions of already excisting characters.

I'd be very happy to see Harry Potter return as a license. Particularly if there was a really amazing version of Hogwarts.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:13 AM, Sir von Lego said:

I am not familiar with Fantastic Beasts. Is it something with a "Harry" in it?

We will definitely getting sets with HP himself.

SO it's plural, can you tell anything more about them? I'd be mainly interested in the sizes. 

Just now, brobert said:

SO it's plural, can you tell anything more about them? I'd be mainly interested in the sizes. 

I second that.  We need to know box sizes.

Very excited to hear about this, my girlfriend recently got into Lego and Harry Potter is her favourite thing in the world! I myself would love an Emerald Night-style Hogwarts Express!

On 8/23/2017 at 1:21 AM, LegoAndDisney said:

Whilst I'm overly excited for this set; I have a few requests from the Lego Group.

Hogwarts HAS to be a UCS set; there's no two ways about this; the set must be made that way. The last version they made, whilst was great, was tiny on the inside. They had "classrooms" but these classrooms were tiny. I loved how the did the Great Hall and Dumbledore's office, but there's so much more that could be done with a Hogwarts than we've had previously. I seriously hope they go down this route; although I have doubts now as I think they'll consider the fact that kids parent's may not be able to afford a proper UCS Hogwarts, which will probably be the most desired of the entire lego line.

If they can't do a UCS though, I'd be happy with them going with different sets with attachments to Hogwarts like they did in the earlier days. For example...do Dumbledore's office Separate and have different classrooms/areas in separate sets that can be attached to make one huge Hogwarts. Throw in a Chamber of Secrets (upgraded obviously) and we could have ourselves a pretty impressive Hogwarts set.

They somewhat did that with the final wave, with releasing the Battle of Hogwarts sets a year after releasing the Castle. Not that that means anything towards the future, but it would be nice. Older sets, if I remember correctly, could be joined(although that may have been the years' different castles).

I hope this rumor is true. I was looking back at the older sets & got envious of all the figs they made that are due for remakes. And the glaring omission of the other two houses uniforms. Hell, we could even get scarves now too. I know we all have mile long lists of sets they should've done or need remakes of... But a new Shrieking Shack, and more Diagon Alley shops are most needed. 

2 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

They somewhat did that with the final wave, with releasing the Battle of Hogwarts sets a year after releasing the Castle. Not that that means anything towards the future, but it would be nice. Older sets, if I remember correctly, could be joined(although that may have been the years' different castles).

I hope this rumor is true. I was looking back at the older sets & got envious of all the figs they made that are due for remakes. And the glaring omission of the other two houses uniforms. Hell, we could even get scarves now too. I know we all have mile long lists of sets they should've done or need remakes of... But a new Shrieking Shack, and more Diagon Alley shops are most needed. 

And not just a wizarding school that has two houses, if you know what I mean:laugh:

Hi really hope we get more HP sets then FB sets because, I missed out on the orignial sets!! Also I hope that we will get a battle of Hogwarts set and if so I hope that the minfigures are, Harry Potter ( in his part 2 outfit, same goes for Hermoine and Ron.) Snape, Voldemort, Bellartix, Luna, Neville, Molly and Arthur Weasley, Lupin and tonks, and Proffesor Mcgonagall, With Slughorn and Filch!!

Edited by Yellowbrick15

11 hours ago, Yellowbrick15 said:

Hi really hope we get more HP sets then FB sets because, I missed out on the orignial sets!! Also I hope that we will get a battle of Hogwarts set and if so I hope that the minfigures are, Harry Potter ( in his part 2 outfit, same goes for Hermoine and Ron.) Snape, Voldemort, Bellartix, Luna, Neville, Molly and Arthur Weasley, Lupin and tonks, and Proffesor Mcgonagall, With Slughorn and Filch!!

I mean I'll take one or two sets from FB, 3 at a push.  But the fan favourite is HP. 

19 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Hopefully if there is a D2C hogwarts they don't stick to the awful tan/sand green colour scheme established in 2001

I cannot see them going with anything but tan for the walls, and maybe LBG for the roof.

I hope they'll introduce "spell pieces" to attach to the wand stick 

Like the ones in the superheroes set that represent superpowers

Image result for lego superheroes lobo set

A green one for the Avada Kedavra, a red one for Expelliarmus, yellow for Stupefy, etc....

Also, I'd love if they release translucent animal molds to make the Expecto Patronum spells

Image result for expecto patronum forms

For instance, they can use a trans-blue version of the CMF S17 Rabbit to make Luna's Patronus

Image result for expecto patronum luna

Also, I hope the'll release Firenze the Centaur with a new centaur body

Image result for firenze the centaur

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A green one for the Avada Kedavra, a red one for Expelliarmus, yellow for Stupefy, etc....

Also, I'd love if they release translucent animal molds to make the Expecto Patronum spells

For instance, they can use a trans-blue version of the CMF S17 Rabbit to make Luna's Patronus

I like your thinking about the superhero translucent pieces!

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This would be amazing. I always thought the wand stick was rather boring but this would make this theme so much better, especially when you put it on display. I could also see them doing some great new play features if this became true.

I would also love to get the centaurs, but I'm afraid the chances for them are pretty low. They barely appeared in the movies (sadly). The only way I could see this happen is if  they did a big forbidden forest set that's not too specific to a single scene and takes more inspiration from all the movies (like the last Hogwarts Castle set did).

On 8/24/2017 at 0:16 PM, Legoman123 said:

And not just a wizarding school that has two houses, if you know what I mean:laugh:

Yeah, how is Luna supposed to show up for school without losing 10 points for Ravenclaw...:tongue:

If they did a Forbidden Forest, they could include Grawp and a unicorn or two, as well as the centaurs.

A revamp on this theme would be great, and considering Harry Potter was theme that got me into LEGO I cannot wait to see more sets based on this series. Also like @sunhuntin suggested a Forbidden Forest would cool and a UCS Hogwarts would be amazing though I don't have the space or money. Hopefully the rumours are true!

I hope this isn't like scooby doo or the simpsons and Harry Potter is here for a while. Hopefully we get most of the minifigures redone from the original. I hope we get like only a fraction of the sets as fantastic beasts sets

18 hours ago, MAB said:

I cannot see them going with anything but tan for the walls, and maybe LBG for the roof.

They could go with a mix of tan/dark tan.

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I hope this isn't like scooby doo or the simpsons and Harry Potter is here for a while. Hopefully we get most of the minifigures redone from the original. I hope we get like only a fraction of the sets as fantastic beasts sets

I feel like Harry Potter is going to keep being the theme that gets released in several waves every few years, based on precedent.

A few years ago I saw an exhibition at the museum in Liverpool and they had a couple of sets displayed in a case... after that I managed to pick up everything from the last two waves including Diagon Alley.

If they bring us anything Hogwarts related I hope it's something that could incorporate the last Hogwarts and BOH sets... I think there's definitely room to have the greenhouses included etc. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are musts though... Without Luna in her uniform it all feels incomplete.

Luna

...and yes... I know this is the costume from the Hogwarts Express set...

Edited by Robianco