Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/9/2017 at 9:47 PM, Amazing Bricks said:

...you heard it here first, folks.

In academia, the wrongful accreditation of sources (i.e. plagiarism) is punishable by immediate expulsion, and above all, morally dishonest:

On 6/30/2017 at 10:25 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

:wink:

We heard it here first.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:16 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

I can neither confirm nor deny at this time.

(...practicing my stock PR responses...)

Edited by Sir Gareth

1 hour ago, thereallegoboy said:

I have faith in this leak. Out of all the themes it could have been it just happened to be HP. It isn't a coincidence  that now Harry Potter sets are rumoured aswell.

You're right; it isn't a coincidence that Harry Potter sets are currently rumored. It's a guess made on the part of @Amazing Bricks because there are Harry Potter sets rumored as well. Funny how that works, right?

To be fair, I neither confirmed nor denied.

Completely unrelated, does anyone recall the name of the Harry Potter area at Universal Studios? It's on the tip of my tongue...

Just now, rob-ot5000 said:

To be fair, I neither confirmed nor denied.

Completely unrelated, does anyone recall the name of the Harry Potter area at Universal Studios? It's on the tip of my tongue...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Are you legitimately asking or is this a hint of some kind..? I can't read people on here sometimes :laugh:

8 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Edit: Ninja'd :blush:

Edited by Sir Gareth

3 minutes ago, Ultron said:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Are you legitimately asking or is this a hint of some kind..? I can't read people on here sometimes :laugh:

Well, let's just say that I do know how to use Google.  :wink:

Edited by rob-ot5000
winky-face added for additional clarity

My guess is the CMF series (and maybe the sets) would probably go under "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" that way they can have both HP and FB under the one brand. Just my two cents. 

10 minutes ago, SandMirror38 said:

My guess is the CMF series (and maybe the sets) would probably go under "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" that way they can have both HP and FB under the one brand. Just my two cents. 

That's actually really smart. The theme would probably be introduced as the wizarding world of Harry Potter, hopefully it's mixed but more Harry Potter sets then FB. Hopefully that logo could fit on a CMF bag if the August CMF is that 

29 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That's actually really smart. The theme would probably be introduced as the wizarding world of Harry Potter, hopefully it's mixed but more Harry Potter sets then FB. Hopefully that logo could fit on a CMF bag if the August CMF is that 

Image result for wizarding world logoThey seem to be using this logo, would definitely fit on a CMF bag.

4 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

:iamded_lol: It's going to be funny to prove you wrong.

If you see the weather forecast and they say it is a 80% chance of sun tomorrow. Then later you meet some people and say; "I predict that it will be sun tomorrow!"

Next day guess what; it is sunny!

I am sorry, but that do not make you a prophet...

Whilst I'm overly excited for this set; I have a few requests from the Lego Group.

Hogwarts HAS to be a UCS set; there's no two ways about this; the set must be made that way. The last version they made, whilst was great, was tiny on the inside. They had "classrooms" but these classrooms were tiny. I loved how the did the Great Hall and Dumbledore's office, but there's so much more that could be done with a Hogwarts than we've had previously. I seriously hope they go down this route; although I have doubts now as I think they'll consider the fact that kids parent's may not be able to afford a proper UCS Hogwarts, which will probably be the most desired of the entire lego line.

If they can't do a UCS though, I'd be happy with them going with different sets with attachments to Hogwarts like they did in the earlier days. For example...do Dumbledore's office Separate and have different classrooms/areas in separate sets that can be attached to make one huge Hogwarts. Throw in a Chamber of Secrets (upgraded obviously) and we could have ourselves a pretty impressive Hogwarts set.

12 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

I hope there will be a LEGO Harry Potter Complete Saga video game with Years 1-7 in one game instead of two separate games. Maybe with voice acting and archive audio in it?

That would be amazing, although the Years 1-4 and 5-7 remaster collection probably makes that unlikely now.

I do hope we can get some Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw characters in school uniform I think that's drastically neeeded.:wub:

If they end up making a UCS Hogwarts and it has all 4 common rooms, I weep for my wallet.

On 22/08/2017 at 9:24 AM, LegoAndDisney said:

I'm still waiting for a UCS Hogwarts though, is that still in the pipeline or just a pipe dream?

It will not happen. UCS is Star Wars only. They might do a large set, but it won't be UCS. Just like the Disney castle, Helicarrier, Batman Tumbler, etc.

Edited by MAB

53 minutes ago, MAB said:

It will not happen. UCS is Star Wars only. They might do a large set, but it won't be UCS. Just like the Disney castle, Helicarrier, Batman Tumbler, etc.

It was clear what was meant and I'm pretty sure that at least  the Tumbler is classified as UCS.

For Hogwarts interior<exterior , at least I think so.

1 hour ago, FortNerd said:

If they end up making a UCS Hogwarts and it has all 4 common rooms, I weep for my wallet.

I completely agree, four common rooms maybe even with dorms:wub:  Just think of all the original sets they could redo hopefully everything prior to the release of the half blood prince sets) Even the sets after that would be absolutely fine though.:grin:

30 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I'm pretty sure that at least the Tumbler is classified as UCS.

It isn't. Every UCS set so far has been Star Wars. The Batmobile was close, but that was labelled as the Ultimate Collector's Edition, not UCS.

UCS doesn't necessarily mean big either. Some UCS sets are reasonably small. Whereas many big sets are not UCS.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It isn't. Every UCS set so far has been Star Wars. The Batmobile was close, but that was labelled as the Ultimate Collector's Edition, not UCS.

UCS doesn't necessarily mean big either. Some UCS sets are reasonably small. Whereas many big sets are not UCS.

Okay sorry but what I was getting at is that it was clear what was ,meant, and if it carries the UCS label or not isn't really relavent as it has no impact on what will be inside the box.

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw need quiditch parts as well as normal uniform.

On 8/23/2017 at 3:45 AM, Azani said:

That's, uh, quite the understatement. I would be significantly interested in any sort of Collectible Minifigures Series, but I'd understand if TLG prefers to focus on non-licensed figures for the time being, during a period of rapid expansion for them.

So, this is fantastic news to me. As far as individual sets go, a Weasley's House or a Malfoy Manor would both be fantastic, but I'm psyched for this either way. Outside of Star Wars, this may be one of the few System themes that I'll actually consistently collect, as the depth and variability of Harry Potter's world was a major presence in my childhood. I'm sure that my little sister will love this news as well. Thanks, SirVonLego! 

Edited by J3D1-T

I know I shouldn't, but I love it when passive aggressive arguments erupt over what UCS is allowed to mean. Hope they continue so long as they are erudite,  sarcastic and grammatically correct. 

And yes, dearly hope the rumour about HP lego is true.

2 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

I think you've quoted the wrong thing :grin::tongue:

Nope. No idea as to what you're referring to.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Why HP instead of Fantastic Beasts? That is what makes me doubt this a little.

Well, y'know, no one ever said that it wasn't both.

Edited by Azani

This is very exciting. I hope for a '12 Grimmauld Place' that fits in with the modulars and includes Harry, Ron, Hermione, Sirius Black Lupin and Kreacher. One can dream.