Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors and Discussion

Posted (edited)

According to @Sir von Lego there will be Harry Potter sets on 2018!

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

We will get Harry Potter and Jurassic World Sets in 2. HJ 2018.

Also, according to @Amazing Bricks, there will a Harry Potter Collectible Minifigure Series, to be released on Sep 2018

Edited by Robert8

Yes, they are coming. From what I heard they're Fantastic Beasts sets, but I could be that my source misunderstood. Maybe it's a combination of both, but I suppose SvL can clearify that. 

I am not familiar with Fantastic Beasts. Is it something with a "Harry" in it?

We will definitely getting sets with HP himself.

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

It's the spinoff from the HP franchise. It already has some Dimensions sets and gets a new movie in the fall next year. But HP sets are better than FB so I don't mind ;) 

Wait so there will be both Harry Potter sets and a collectible minifigures line too? Wow that's amazing!

I didn't say anything about a CM series. Don't know anything about it, but could happen if course.

8 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Are these sets in set number only, that is, black placeholder boxes?

Be still, my beating heart! Been waiting for this to theme come back! :wub::cry3:

Yes! I've been waiting for so long for this theme to be revived. I missed out on most of them and they go for way to much money online. I really hope they will include the older books/movies again since the first 2 really deserve an update (they were still yellow). I also hope they take some inspiration from the books like they did with the first waves (we got Peeves). I can't wait to hear some details about it in the future.

I'm excited! I missed out on most of the old HP sets so will be great to get these.

I really hope this isn't a miscommunication because I would love some HP sets again, Fantastic Beasts or otherwise.

Please, please re-release Hogwarts Express! I will be forever happy if they do that! [And a CMF would be dream come true!]

Amazing!!! Better start saving! I might hold off on buying a couple of the old minifigures, then!

This would make me so happy! I loved the most recent HP line very dearly. Got every set except for the Hogwarts Express. (Yes, still kicking myself over that one.) Hope especially with a CMF line they could release a lot of missed out on characters, like Tonks, Slughorn, and Kingsley. Plus modern versions of characters only in the older sets like Mad-Eye, Tom Riddle, Lockhart, Umbridge, Krum, Trelawney, Sirius, Peter Pettigrew, the list goes on and on...

Undoubtedly if this is true a D2C Hogwarts must be in the works.

I'm happy that HP is coming back, the theme always had quality sets and I enjoy the movies. :classic:

I currently have a MISB 2010 Hogwarts Castle, should I sell it before the new sets are announced? I'm leaning towards no but advice would be appreciated.

34 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I'm happy that HP is coming back, the theme always had quality sets and I enjoy the movies. :classic:

I currently have a MISB 2010 Hogwarts Castle, should I sell it before the new sets are announced? I'm leaning towards no but advice would be appreciated.

I would say no, personally. I think they're best when displayed together. Plus it will still appreciate in value even if they release another. 

Sell that thing.. I sold mine last week. Look at previous sets the 10188 death star is worth little since the new one and look at the 10179 falcon as it declines in price as there is "something big coming"  

I'm so hyped for this! Lego ditching Harry Potter years ago was a bad move in my opinion. They covered a lot, but there's still so much more they could have done.

I'm still waiting for a UCS Hogwarts though, is that still in the pipeline or just a pipe dream?

If Harry Potter is coming back, are the sets entirely based on the original Harry Potter story or Fantastic Beasts?

Awesome! There's a lot of content they didn't cover in the 2010 reboot, so hopefully we'll being seeing that in this upcoming wave.

11 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Thanks for the info!
Harry Potter himself will not be in any fantastic beast sets, since he is not born yet. The 5 movies will take place from 1926-45, HP is born in 1980 :classic:

Personally I think they will release sets from both HP and FB, like they do with star wars something new and something old..
Really looking forward to this; HP sets (probably FB sets) and maybe a CMF series and a big D2C set:wub:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the info!
Harry Potter himself will not be in any fantastic beast sets, since he is not born yet. The 5 movies will take place from 1926-45, HP is born in 1980 :classic:

Personally I think they will release sets from both HP and FB, like they do with star wars something new and something old..
Really looking forward to this; HP sets (probably FB sets) and maybe a CMF series and a big D2C set:wub:

Hell, Tom Riddle wasn't born when FB starts. My hope is that they mix HP into the CMF line, or at least give us some cracking 1920's prints and hair pieces. Still can't believe they're making a pentalogy out of FB.

7 hours ago, thereallegoboy said:

Sell that thing.. I sold mine last week. Look at previous sets the 10188 death star is worth little since the new one and look at the 10179 falcon as it declines in price as there is "something big coming"  

those are re releases ( well death star at least) whereas a new version of Hogwarts will be precisely that.