Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Difference between Harry Potter and fantastic beasts is that Harry Potter is going to get much more figures then fantasic beasts. At the most fantasic beasts is going to get between 4 and 7 figures in total so odds are we will see more Harry Potter before any fantasic beasts stuff shows up

Fair enough, is it not odd how early these have been leaking though? I mean a Beckett Minifigure leaked for a Star Wars Set the other day and that set releases in a few weeks. i know I’m almost certainly wrong, but oh well

Just now, Whovastron said:

Fair enough, is it not odd how early these have been leaking though? I mean a Beckett Minifigure leaked for a Star Wars Set the other day and that set releases in a few weeks. i know I’m almost certainly wrong, but oh well

The Beckett figure is coming in August so it makes sense. The reason we are getting the figures is the sets are probably just starting to get produced in mass fashion for an August release 

11 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

But are we. Things can change. Maybe the date got moved forward. I just think it’s strange how early these figures are leaking. Other recent themes like Jurassic World and Solo have leaked about a month before, not 2 and a half.

i know I’m probably wrong, but I can dream!

Infinity War figures started leaking in December, and I’m pretty sure Jurassic World leaks started in January. 

I hope to see some more animals leaking as well, if we are really lucky we will get a Fang mould in the smallest set :grin: Should be a Mrs Norris in the WW set, maybe with a new colour, also there should definitely be more owls than just Hedwig in the GH set *huh* The 2010-11 waves had 10 sets with a total of 15 owls between them :wub:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I hope to see some more animals leaking as well, if we are really lucky we will get a Fang mould in the smallest set :grin: Should be a Mrs Norris in the WW set, maybe with a new colour, also there should definitely be more owls than just Hedwig in the GH set *huh* The 2010-11 waves had 10 sets with a total of 15 owls between them :wub:

All I hope for is a new mould for Fang, I mean how can you get better than a Lego Boarhound ?

I still think that the UCS Hogwarts is going to be like the Helicarrier. A "perfect" Hogwarts but in microfig scale.

5 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I still think that the UCS Hogwarts is going to be like the Helicarrier. A "perfect" Hogwarts but in microfig scale.

I don´t think so. I think that it can be combined with the great hall and with the Hogwarts-Part of the Whomping Whillow Set.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

3 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Lego isn’t stupid enough to do that again, there was so much backlash for that set that if they did that they would have to make it exceptional, the Helicarrier didn’t sell well at all because it wasn’t minifig scale

Man, these look great. I'm very interested in Sirius and Lupin now! Also Young Dumbledore and especially Newt!

6 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I don´t think so. I think that it will be additional to the great hall and to the Hogwarts-Part of the Whomping Whillow Set.

I know, but then they are going to release an incomplete Hogwarts that costs like the Death Star. A lot of people would only bought the UCS Hogwarts but if it's incomplete...

5 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Lego isn’t stupid enough to do that again, there was so much backlash for that set that if they did that they would have to make it exceptional, the Helicarrier didn’t sell well at all because it wasn’t minifig scale

Was there backlash for the Helicarrier?

I bought one for 200€ this Christmas in a sale, so maybe it didn't sell well, but it's a great set (my only complaint about it are the colours).

Edited by hachiroku

Just now, kevkipo said:

Man, these look great. I'm very interested in Sirius and Lupin now! Also Young Dumbledore and especially Newt!

Lupin and Pettigrew are the rumoured minifigs, not Lupin and Sirius

Just now, hachiroku said:

Was there backlash for the Helicarrier?

I bought one for 200€ this Christmas in a sale, so maybe it didn't sell well, but it's a great set (my only complaint about it are the colours).

There was a lot of backlash, it dropped in price massively after about 5 months, whereas look at the Ghostbusters HQ, selling for pretty much the same price as it’s release price

Maybe the Part of Hogwarts from the Whomping Whillow Set will contain Snapes Office and maybe a part of the Griffindor Common Room. And because of that the Seamus-minifigure is from the Whomping Whillow Set. This is the only way for me to explain why he was on this banner, which featured only components from 75953 and 75954.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I really hope though that if Lego is wasting pieces on characters that literally no one cares about (Susan Bones, Terrence Higgs??, etc.) we BETTER be getting EVERYONE eventually.

What I mean is, theyre gonna put Susan Bones in the Great Hall, before someone like Neville Longbottom? 

Considering they don't use new prints it don't matter. Susan bones is just an excuse for a hufflepuff torso print.

Whoever the spikey haired guy is he dont use a new printed face either so it doesn't matter what they name him.

11 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

I know, but then they are going to release an incomplete Hogwarts that costs like the Death Star. A lot of people would only bought the UCS Hogwarts but if it's incomplete...

Hmmm ... we'll see. Lego has surprised us many times, especially with these great Harry Potter sets.

It won't be incomplete. The scale they are using for these Hogwarts sets doesn't really allow them to make a $600 add-on. The marble staircase tower should be way taller if they wanted to pull that off. Also, the tower itself doesn't include much. The UCS Hogwarts I think will be the image we see them teasing on the site. Just the front of the castle so they can leave the back open and allow them to put it up on a mountain. 

I didn't realise that the banner image doesn't just show the Great Hall, but also a bit of the Whomping Willow and presumably the portion of the castle that is included in that set. It all looks utterly delightful and I cannot wait for this!

25 minutes ago, Legocollinfreak said:

It won't be incomplete. The scale they are using for these Hogwarts sets doesn't really allow them to make a $600 add-on. The marble staircase tower should be way taller if they wanted to pull that off. Also, the tower itself doesn't include much. The UCS Hogwarts I think will be the image we see them teasing on the site. Just the front of the castle so they can leave the back open and allow them to put it up on a mountain. 

It does allow it, it depends what comes in the set, maybe Hagrids Hut, maybe a bridge, who knows

3 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

I really hope though that if Lego is wasting pieces on characters that literally no one cares about (Susan Bones, Terrence Higgs??, etc.) we BETTER be getting EVERYONE eventually.

What I mean is, theyre gonna put Susan Bones in the Great Hall, before someone like Neville Longbottom? 

Something that I think that not all people realized is that this time, Lego is really sticking to the movie scenes.this time. Their not just throwing in all of the major characters in sets where they seem fit. They put Susan Bones in the Great Hall because in the movie we only see 5 characters get sorted: Harry, Ron, hermione, draco, and Susan. We're getting Terrence Higgs because he was the seeker in SS. Go back and look at all the leaked minifigures we've seen and apply them to the sets and you'll realize LEGO is really trying to stay screen accurate this time around

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye12 said:

Something that I think that not all people realized is that this time, Lego is really sticking to the movie scenes.this time. Their not just throwing in all of the major characters in sets where they seem fit. They put Susan Bones in the Great Hall because in the movie we only see 5 characters get sorted: Harry, Ron, hermione, draco, and Susan. We're getting Terrence Higgs because he was the seeker in SS. Go back and look at all the leaked minifigures we've seen and apply them to the sets and you'll realize LEGO is really trying to stay screen accurate this time around

Which is amazing and a greay idea in my opinion. Hope they keep doing that for a long time so it wilk become a theme like star wars

Wait, why are we complaining about getting Hufflepuff students again?? Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos have been requested for like 15 years now

4 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Wait, why are we complaining about getting Hufflepuff students again?? Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos have been requested for like 15 years now

I don't know.  I thought we were complaining that we weren't getting Hufflepuffs. I think its awesome that we are. It doesn't matter who it is 

Since they already made the torsos there'll be a cheap stream of students in coming waves.

Just wait for the robes!

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye12 said:

Go back and look at all the leaked minifigures we've seen and apply them to the sets and you'll realize LEGO is really trying to stay screen accurate this time around

That is a luxury they have this time around. Remember that the movies were still being edited the first time LEGO designed the sets.

I don’t really understand much about leaks but I wonder why we have had leaks for the brick heads that come out on the 1st July wheras we haven’t had any leaks for the HP and FB sets when they are both scheduled for June. 

Also do you think we could get Madame Hooch in the Quidditch set as I feel that the one we are getting could be almost identical to the one we got in 2010

Just now, LegoLord54 said:

I don’t really understand much about leaks but I wonder why we have had leaks for the brick heads that come out on the 1st July wheras we haven’t had any leaks for the HP and FB sets when they are both scheduled for June. 

Also do you think we could get Madame Hooch in the Quidditch set as I feel that the one we are getting could be almost identical to the one we got in 2010

The sets are scheduled for August, not June...