Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

From what I’ve read the Aragog set includes Harry and Ron (as stated), many small spiders, the main build is obviously Aragog who is twice the size of the previous two as an accurate scale to the film, it also comes with Fang and a few tree builds

The Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia set comes with Harry and Ron (again as previously stated), but the odd thing is they’re reportedly not in school robes and have normal size legs (matching up to PoA which makes me believe he’s lying) and also comes with Snape (who we’ve seen), Lupin, Sirius and Peter with a werewolf similar to previous incarnations (Lupin-wolf and the CMF werewolf), which again makes me think they’re lying because why would a set feature a play set from year 2 but figs from year 3, hmmm ?

He also said that there are “secret” minifigures in the Great Hall set that have not been shown to get people hyped when they are shown and these are apparently Peeves the Poltergeist and Tom Riddle, now I believe they could include Tom but I doubt very much that it’d be Peeves

but the thing that rounds it off to me as being a potential lie is the fact that he said there are all new molds aside from Wands and hair, apparently there is a brand new car mold for Mrs Norris, a new rat for Scabbers and a new (more accurate) dog for Fang, this makes me wary because why would they suddenly decide to make all new molds for rats and cats which have always looked the same?

WOAH! That sounds awesome! I really hope it's true :laugh:

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

WOAH! That sounds awesome! I really hope it's true :laugh:

So do I, apparently the guy is well known for getting hold of Instructions early (god knows how), he had instructions for TLBM Arkham Asylum as well as Ghostbusters HQ and managed to give accurate descriptions of minifigures and build designs so it could be true or he could be using his reputation to give us hope, or even worse, someone could be using his name for “evil”

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

From what I’ve read the Aragog set includes Harry and Ron (as stated), many small spiders, the main build is obviously Aragog who is twice the size of the previous two as an accurate scale to the film, it also comes with Fang and a few tree builds

The Whomping Willow/Ford Anglia set comes with Harry and Ron (again as previously stated), but the odd thing is they’re reportedly not in school robes and have normal size legs (matching up to PoA which makes me believe he’s lying) and also comes with Snape (who we’ve seen), Lupin, Sirius and Peter with a werewolf similar to previous incarnations (Lupin-wolf and the CMF werewolf), which again makes me think they’re lying because why would a set feature a play set from year 2 but figs from year 3, hmmm ?

He also said that there are “secret” minifigures in the Great Hall set that have not been shown to get people hyped when they are shown and these are apparently Peeves the Poltergeist and Tom Riddle, now I believe they could include Tom but I doubt very much that it’d be Peeves

but the thing that rounds it off to me as being a potential lie is the fact that he said there are all new molds aside from Wands and hair, apparently there is a brand new car mold for Mrs Norris, a new rat for Scabbers and a new (more accurate) dog for Fang, this makes me wary because why would they suddenly decide to make all new molds for rats and cats which have always looked the same?

This does sound like it has the potential to be true but there are also a new things that get me and make me think it could be false too. There is a new rat mold coming in the great hall. Also Tom Riddle he could mean on the back of Quirrell’s head. The designer also said that there would be some dashes of book three in the sets so I could believe that they would do that 

So do I, apparently the guy is well known for getting hold of Instructions early (god knows how), he had instructions for TLBM Arkham Asylum as well as Ghostbusters HQ and managed to give accurate descriptions of minifigures and build designs so it could be true or he could be using his reputation to give us hope, or even worse, someone could be using his name for “evil”

Let's hope not. I doubt they'd do Peeves in a set but there might be a slight chance for more obscure figures from the book in the CMF

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

This does sound like it has the potential to be true but there are also a new things that get me and make me think it could be false too. There is a new rat mold coming in the great hall. Also Tom Riddle he could mean on the back of Quirrell’s head. The designer also said that there would be some dashes of book three in the sets so I could believe that they would do that 

I didn’t even realise that was new mold, that makes my comment sound dumb ?, I wouldn’t be surprised if he meant the 2-sided Voldemort/Quirrell head, I know we are overdue a Sirius and Peter redesign, but I didn’t see it coming this year, if it’s the case then I look foreword to these sets even more, but even if it’s not true these have gotten me even more hyped to see what is coming with them

17 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I really hope it‘s true that we‘re getting Sirius, Remus and Peter in the whomping willow set, even though it wouldn‘t make a lot of sense because this particular scene with the ford anglia is from CoS.

A new fang mold would be awesome!

Not so sure about the „secret minifigures“ from the Great Hall set, seems a bit off to me to just throw in some new characters after official pictures of the set have been revealed.

Edited by topiku

Just now, topiku said:

I really hope it‘s true that we‘re getting Sirius, Remus and Peter in the whomping willow set, even though it wouldn‘t make a lot of sense because this particular scene with the ford anglia is form CoS.

A new fang mold would be awesome!

Not so sure about the „secret minifigures“ from the Great Hall set, seems a bit off to me to just throw in some new characters after official pictures of the set have been revealed.

That’s what I thought, especially with them saying it’s Peeves, unless they mistook Nearly Headless Nick for Peeves but then that wouldn’t be “secret”

2 more quick thoughts. One 6 figures in a $70 dollar set doesn’t sound unreasonable. Second about the secert figures, Tom Riddle could easily be the back of quarrels head and peeves could be nearly headless nick 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

2 more quick thoughts. One 6 figures in a $70 dollar set doesn’t sound unreasonable. Second about the secert figures, Tom Riddle could easily be the back of quarrels head and peeves could be nearly headless nick 

My thoughts exactly, the set either has to be really good or have a fair few minifigures to be worth $70, but then again, in my opinion some of the previously released expensive licensed sets haven’t been worth it, I mean the Flying Fox from Justice League was £120 in the UK came with a few minifigs and the actual build wasn’t that great, but I expect that they know what they’re doing with Harry Potter, and involving the minifigs that was my original thoughts, I know that Peeves was described as colourful but it could easily be mistaken and the Riddle head would easily be “secret” because in the entire book/film until the last few scenes it was a secret that he was hiding Voldemort

I mean the Flying Fox from Justice League was £120 in the UK came with a few minifigs and the actual build wasn’t that great, but I expect that they know what they’re doing with Harry Potter

Also Harry Potter has a D2C coming and is releasing more sets that JL which I'm guessing would've had to meet a certain money goal with only 3 sets

3 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Also Harry Potter has a D2C coming and is releasing more sets that JL which I'm guessing would've had to meet a certain money goal with only 3 sets

True that, in all honesty, the Great Hall which is of a similar price to the Flying Fox looks to be an amazing set, amazing figures and an amazing build, so I reckon that $/£60 wouldn’t be too much/little for that many figs with a decent build too, because with the Willow and the Car you’d expect it to be lacking in minifigs, I think 1 reason H/R would have long legs could be because it’d be awkward for them to be in the car unless they didn’t give it seats and they just stood in it

According to someone on Reddit who is friends with the leaker he’s (the leaker) a worker at one of Lego’s warehouses and that’s how he gets his information, so from what I’ve heard (might all be false) he’s risking his job/livelihood to bring us this information

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

This is fake news. Lego has never hidden a minifig in an official présentation of a set.

6 minifigs in Whomping willow, fake too, i think.

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

This is fake news. Lego has never hidden a minifig in an official présentation of a set.

Could you not have phrased it differently? “Fake news” makes me think of Trump ?

and I don’t think 6 minifigs is unbelievable, and also as we’ve said about the secret minifigs we believe they had mistaken NHN for Peeves and said that Quirrell’s double-sided head as Tom Riddle, I think the wording of Tom Riddle rather than Voldemort is what threw some people on the Reddit page

Could you not have phrased it differently? “Fake news” makes me think of Trump ?

and I don’t think 6 minifigs is unbelievable, and also as we’ve said about the secret minifigs we believe they had mistaken NHN for Peeves and said that Quirrell’s double-sided head as Tom Riddle, I think the wording of Tom Riddle rather than Voldemort is what threw some people on the Reddit page

ahaha, i prefer Tonald Drump.

Look, for aragog set: if TLC put Fang: that would be a new mold and the price for a mold is huge (look at the price of the grindelwald's escape with the sombral): 19 dollars for 2 minifigs, aragog and a new mold + trees. Impossible i think

Whomping Willow with 6 minifigs for 60 euros + car + tree + a link with great hall : this is sheap for a licence lego set.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

50$ set.

10 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

How so?...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lego+beware+vulture&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB727GB727&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiisPTsnczaAhVsBcAKHYjDCKoQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=983#imgrc=Kz579ol-DsrWfM:

toy-fair-lego-spider-man-homecoming-bewa

6 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

ahaha, i prefer Tonald Drump.

Look, for aragog set: if TLC put Fang: that would be a new mold and the price for a mold is huge (look at the price of the grindelwald's escape with the sombral): 19 dollars for 2 minifigs, aragog and a new mold + trees. Impossible i think

Whomping Willow with 6 minifigs for 60 euros + car + tree + a link with great hall : this is sheap for a licence lego set.

For Aragog set, the mold might be incorrect, but is it so unlikely to get a Fang figure in the set, I mean he’s with them when they meet Aragog (if I remember correctly)

and the Willow set I was doubting that one because I think that Black, Lupin and Pettigrew would be good figures to build hype for year 2 of Lego releases and year 3 of the films, but ya never know, stranger stuff has happened, also, if you look at set #76108, Sanctum Santorum takedown, it’s 5 minifigs (including a bigfig so let’s say its 6) a bigass building and loads of new molds for £80, so let’s say WW/Anglia has no new molds meaning they don’t have to charge for them, plus it doesn’t necessarily have to connect to the Great Hall, it could just be the Willow to put in the grounds, and it could be a fairly small car build, so €60 is fairly reasonable for a set with that many minifigs and build

Edited by harleydavid98

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

50$ set.

It's 70 dollars, 50 dollars is the other Crimes of Grindelwald set

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

if you look at set #76108, Sanctum Santorum takedown, it’s 5 minifigs (including a bigfig so let’s say its 6) a bigass building and loads of new molds for £90

Only has one new mold. the head of the big guy. The rest are reused from elsewhere.

Guys, quick question, I may now have proof if I can post something, does a link to the “everything we know so far” page count as unpostable?

Just now, deskp said:

Only has one new mold. the head of the big guy. The rest are reused from elsewhere.

That actually makes sense, I was just going off of images, I don’t tend to buy Marvel sets ?

Edited by harleydavid98

Guys, quick question, I may now have proof if I can post something, does a link to the “everything we know so far” page count as I post able?

sure

1 minute ago, BP VFX said:

How so?...

When i talked about official presentation, i talked about the press presentation not a toy fair presentation with the fact that the product is not completly finished

2 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

For Aragog set, the mold might be incorrect, but is it so unlikely to get a Fang figure in the set, I mean he’s with them when they meet Aragog (if I remember correctly)

and the Willow set I was doubting that one because I think that Black, Lupin and Pettigrew would be good figures to build hype for year 2 of Lego releases and year 3 of the films, but ya never know, stranger stuff has happened, also, if you look at set #76108, Sanctum Santorum takedown, it’s 5 minifigs (including a bigfig so let’s say its 6) a bigass building and loads of new molds for £60, so let’s say WW/Anglia has no new molds meaning they don’t have to charge for them, plus it doesn’t necessarily have to connect to the Great Hall, it could just be the Willow to put in the grounds, and it could be a fairly small car build, so €60 is fairly reasonable for a set with that many minifigs and build

I agreed for Fang, that would be awesome to get it in this set but i don't think so.

With the Great Hall, we have already luck because for just 100 dollars , we will have 10 fantastics minifigs. So I don't think whomping willow awesome figs ^^

I don’t know if I can post this but everyone go on google and put 

“Lego 2018 what we know so far” it should be the first link then go to the Wizarding World section, under minifigs it says Lupin and Pettigrew, no Black or Snape, but the others are there

if my account has to be banned for this then so be it, I shall be saddened but at least I’ve got some information out there

*scratch that, read it wrong, Snape is there too ?

4 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

When i talked about official presentation, i talked about the press presentation not a toy fair presentation with the fact that the product is not completly finished

I agreed for Fang, that would be awesome to get it in this set but i don't think so.

With the Great Hall, we have already luck because for just 100 dollars , we will have 10 fantastics minifigs. So I don't think whomping willow awesome figs ^^

That’s very true for $100 the set is absolutely astounding, and the new design for the minifigs are amazing, but ya never know, we might be very lucky and every set could be well worth the money, or it could just be that one and every other set is lacklustre in minifigs (which would be a shame)

Edited by harleydavid98

4 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I don’t know if I can post this but everyone go on google and put 

“Lego 2018 what we know so far” it should be the first link then go to the Wizarding World section, under minifigs it says Lupin and Pettigrew, no Black or Snape, but the others are there

if my account has to be banned for this then so be it, I shall be saddened but at least I’ve got some information out there

*scratch that, read it wrong, Snape is there too ?

This is Jedijacpenguin, a young boy who just follow the news from eurobrick and reddit and make a synthèse of it

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

This is Jedijacpenguin, a young boy who just follow the news from eurobrick and reddit and make a synthèse of it

I believe that, but what I meant was it’s proof that I’d seen it, not proof that it’s happening ?, I didn’t want people disbelieving me, however I’m surprised he didn’t include Sirius/Fang ?