Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, x105Black said:

There is no Unikitty CMF.

There is not.

Back on topic, are we expecting any other molded creatures like the thestral?  I love to collect them.

We are getting off topic yes, but I will argue my point, there is definitely a Unikitty CMF 

“Set 1: 41775 - Unikitty Collectable Minifigures Series (12 to collect) - $3.99 / 3.99 Each”

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

We are getting off topic yes, but I will argue my point, there is definitely a Unikitty CMF 

“Set 1: 41775 - Unikitty Collectable Minifigures Series (12 to collect) - $3.99 / 3.99 Each”

Yeah, that's wrong :classic:

First, Unikitty and friends are not minifigures, but brick built characters

Second, these will be like the Mixels. You get a bunch of bricks, and build a character. I'm not even sure that price is correct

Third, that set number doesn't belong to the CMF line. The current CMF set numbers are 71021 (Series 18) and 71022 (Harry Potter Series)

About Cursed Child, even some hardcore Harry Potter fans abhor Cursed Child. I don't think LEGO will get a license for that. 

Even more, I think TLG only has the license for the movies, so characters from the books who are not in the movie, can't be used. Like Andromeda, Peeves and Winky 

Edited by Robert8

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, that's wrong :classic:

First, Unikitty and friends are not minifigures, but brick built characters

Second, these will be like the Mixels. You get a bunch of bricks, and build a character. I'm not even sure that price is correct

Third, that set number doesn't belong to the CMF line. The current CMF set numbers are 71021 (Series 18) and 71022 (Harry Potter Series)

About Cursed Child, even some hardcore Harry Potter fans abhor Cursed Child. I don't think LEGO will get a license for that. 

Even more, I think TLG only has the license for the movies, so characters from the books who are not in the movie, can't be used. Like Andromeda, Peeves and Winky 

Damn, I didn’t realise that they didn’t own the rights to book characters, such a shame I’d love to get more house elves I mean aside from Dobby that only leaves Kreacher

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Collectible MINIFIGURES, unikitty is no minifig

Unless you are at bricklink!

47 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Did Lego just get round making Peeves in the earlier releases by him just being a ‘ghost’. So basically Peeves in all but name? I wonder could they do that again to include him with this wave?

21 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Did Lego just get round making Peeves in the earlier releases by him just being a ‘ghost’. So basically Peeves in all but name? I wonder could they do that again to include him with this wave?

So long as he actually looks a bit more like Peeves this time! I realise he wasn't in the films, but he was always described as brightly-coloured and solid (unless invisible), unlike the ghost minifigure. I think he had a jester's hat in the books, too; if they have a "ghost" in a new set wearing Harley Quinn's classic hat in a new colour, I'll be very happy, no matter what they officially call him!

Just now, Felkin said:

So long as he actually looks a bit more like Peeves this time! I realise he wasn't in the films, but he was always described as brightly-coloured and solid (unless invisible), unlike the ghost minifigure. I think he had a jester's hat in the books, too; if they have a "ghost" in a new set wearing Harley Quinn's classic hat in a new colour, I'll be very happy, no matter what they officially call him!

More ghosts are always good, if the CMF rumours are true then we’ll have at least all the house ghosts, but there are so many others in Hogwarts that we need all the ghosts!!

9 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

More ghosts are always good, if the CMF rumours are true then we’ll have at least all the house ghosts, but there are so many others in Hogwarts that we need all the ghosts!!

Cmf list was fake. We have no idea what the cmf line up is going to be

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Cmf list was fake. We have no idea what the cmf line up is going to be

Nooo, don’t say that, I was excited ?, although I could imagine there being at least 1 ghost, and maybe the founders? What are you guys predictions?

4 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

12 characters per series, they shouldn’t waste figures on characters from a stage show when there are so many that they haven’t done in minifigures form at all

I disagree, ignoring Cursed Child is ignoring a part of the series canon.

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I disagree, ignoring Cursed Child is ignoring a part of the series canon.

As has been said before if it’s not owned by WB nothing is being made of it, plus as also has been said A LOT of fans don’t count it as canon, so it won’t change anything, plus the target audience of CC are adults whereas CMF and Lego sets (except D2C) are children

25 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

As has been said before if it’s not owned by WB nothing is being made of it, plus as also has been said A LOT of fans don’t count it as canon, so it won’t change anything, plus the target audience of CC are adults whereas CMF and Lego sets (except D2C) are children

It is absolutely true - WB does not have anything to do with the play but just to point it out. A LOT of fans like CC. The people who yell the highest are not necessarily right. The play has received a lot of praise and fans are standing outside everyday in hopes of someone cancelling their tickets not to mention how it's breaking records constantly with it being sold out for months. I am yet to hear someone who has actually seen the play and not just read the script say it is terrible. 

Just now, Brick Wizard001 said:

It is absolutely true - WB does not have anything to do with the play but just to point it out. A LOT of fans like CC. The people who yell the highest are not necessarily right. The play has received a lot of praise and fans are standing outside everyday in hopes of someone cancelling their tickets not to mention how it's breaking records constantly with it being sold out for months. I am yet to hear someone who has actually seen the play and not just read the script say it is terrible. 

As I’ve said, I’ve seen it, the play is trash, everyone I went with said the same thing, and I’m yet to meet anyone who has seen it who enjoyed it, everyone I know has said the same thing

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

It is years since I saw an old HP box. Did they not name him before? I know BL name him as Peeves, but the old boxes didn't name any minifigs like the current ones, is that correct here?

Just now, MAB said:

It is years since I saw an old HP box. Did they not name him before? I know BL name him as Peeves, but the old boxes didn't name any minifigs like the current ones, is that correct here?

If I remember rightly he was just a ghost to start with but then fans started calling him Peeves so that’s who he became

17 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

As I’ve said, I’ve seen it, the play is trash, everyone I went with said the same thing, and I’m yet to meet anyone who has seen it who enjoyed it, everyone I know has said the same thing

That’s weird had the exact opposite experience. Everyone loved it. The only people I’ve heard bitching are the people who only read the script, but everyone has different taste.

8 minutes ago, MAB said:

He is included in the sets 4705 and 4709. He was quite a big part of the film but unfortunately Columbus (director) wasn’t happy with him so they ended up cutting him from the film. I guess it is one of those things that happened so late in production that they couldn’t change the sets..

Edited by Brick Wizard001

That’s weird had the exact opposite experience. Everyone loved it. The only people I’ve heard bitching are the people who only read the script, but everyone has different taste.

He is as in both 4705 and 4709. He was quite a big part of the film but unfortunately Columbus wasn’t happy with him so they ended up cutting him from the film. I guess it is one of those things that happened so late in production that they couldn’t change the sets..

True that, everyone does and I hope I didn’t offend with my opinion, I can sometimes come across as an big behind ?

and I’m not sure if you’re British, but Peeves was cast in the film with British (and deceased ?) actor Rik Mayall (not sure if he’s famous abroad), but he was cut from the film which was a massive shame

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

True that, everyone does and I hope I didn’t offend with my opinion, I can sometimes come across as an big behind ?

and I’m not sure if you’re British, but Peeves was cast in the film with British (and deceased ?) actor Rik Mayall (not sure if he’s famous abroad), but he was cut from the film which was a massive shame

No worries I can be a bit sharp as well. It really is a sensitive subject for many potterheads! ?

yeah it was quite sad to see his portrayal cut from the film. I’m sure Rik would have been amazing - maybe they will release it some time.. hope to see him as CMF! 

No worries I can be a bit sharp as well. It really is a sensitive subject for many potterheads! ?

yeah it was quite sad to see his portrayal cut from the film. I’m sure Rik would have been amazing - maybe they will release it some time.. hope to see him as CMF! 

It’d be amazing for them to get the rights to make toys/sets based on the books, I mean imagine a book-accurate Peeves with Rik Mayall facial features, or some sort of SPEW meeting with several house elves, a new moulding for them like they did for the Ewoks in the Ewok village would be ace, several different mouldings for 1 race of creatures

i’m also hoping for a new mould for Buckbeak, the horse mould really doesn’t serve him any justice

Hey guys, I’m just having a look at Brick Show’s website for Summer 2018 releases and it shows 71043 Hogwarts Castle, is that the D2C set or is it a small Castle part?

Ok so about the cc characters appearing in this cmf wave let’s look at the possibilities for what the cmf series could include

option 1: Harry Potter characters focuses on years 1-2 maybe 3

option 2: Harry Potter characters from all years

option 3: Harry Potter characters/ fantastic beasts characters 

point is you can easily fill up the cmf series, there isn’t room from any cc characters in the first cmf series and probably not in the second series if we ever get that 

Edited by Falconfan1414

*ahem*

Dear all, please stay on topic.. with regards to LEGO Harry Potter sets discussion for 2018. Please do not attempt to derail this topic discussion. I could appreciate your kind attention. 

Thank you. 

WhiteFang

On 4/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, harleydavid98 said:

I love that “I will open it and build it”, if this was Facebook I’d have the verbal shit kicked out of me, I wonder if anyone else does that, just gets sets because they look cool, I myself only get sets with skin tone minifigs as I’m not a fan of the traditional yellow, but I only used to get DC sets, I have the odd Marvel set but never got any others

Personally, nah, not really... that said, I can certainly understand getting sets to admire how they look on display/posed a certain way. 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:21 PM, harleydavid98 said:

Most fans don’t count it as canon even if Rowling says it is because it tosses out so much lore from the actual books, plus it won’t be made into Lego because it was a stage play, not a film... thank god

I'm hoping that we get some kits; there's certainly a very solid chance that TLG will adapt them, especially as it's still a visible bit of HP. :)

On 4/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's nowhere near as bad as people make out. No reason why LEGO couldn't start making sets based off stage plays if they wanted.

Heck yeah; I liked it. :)

15 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

No mention of what set it comes with in the description, I wonder if this could be a fake that has been made from the leaked image I mean there are 3 for sale and 2 sold how could someone get 5 minifigures from sets that haven’t even finished production (from what I’ve heard) yet...

Lmao, dude; the description has nothing to do with it; are you serious about this? As per usual, plenty of different people have access to dozens (or hundreds) of unreleased minifigures; Afroman is one of them. :) There's obviously no way that someone could fake that, unless they had a factory setup on hand.

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

6 hours ago, Felkin said:

I always imagined Peeves the way he was portrayed in the first 3 Harry Potter PC games (not counting the quiditch one), which in fact are owned by Warner Bros. So the Neck Ruffle piece, colourful clothes, coattails and something like the revolutionary soldier hairpiece.

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

Back on topic, are we expecting any other molded creatures like the thestral?  I love to collect them.

We have already gotten a new rat and the thestral in just two sets, so I am pretty sure we will get more new animal moulds. We have the best chance in the cmf or d2c, since Newt Scamander's Suitcase have brick built animals (could still be a small mould or two)..

A Maledictus or other creatures in FB is possible also Fang, Fluffy, Norberta from HP.

6 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

i’m also hoping for a new mould for Buckbeak, the horse mould really doesn’t serve him any justice

I think it is nice, but of course outdated now, but i think we will have to wait for the next wave for a new one (I am 85% sure we will get one in wave 2) :wink: