Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

17 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

It is exactly as bad as people make out, I’ve seen it, I’m a huge fan of Harry Potter and I saw it for the trash/cash grab that it was, and yes, they could, but they won’t

Can I just say, it's good to see that I'm not the only one who was an internal hatred for Cursed Child 

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Can I just say, it's good to see that I'm not the only one who was an internal hatred for Cursed Child 

I have a severe hatred, it made more plot holes than it fixed

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

I have a severe hatred, it made more plot holes than it fixed

Agreed. If you wanna see a good way to fix it, check out 

if you wanna see a good way to fix it 

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Agreed. If you wanna see a good way to fix it, check out 

if you wanna see a good way to fix it 

I loved the play and I'm a big time HP potterhead and have been for 17 years. It wasn't perfect and it definitely created tons of plot holes in terms of canon but the films did that as well! Let's not pretend the films are perfect and that they don't contrast the books bc they do.. If you take the PLAY for what it is which is a play NOT a book then it is quite enjoyable and really well made. 

Just now, Brick Wizard001 said:

I loved the play and I'm a big time HP potterhead and have been for 17 years. It wasn't perfect and it definitely created tons of plot holes in terms of canon but the films did that as well! Let's not pretend the films are perfect and that they don't contrast the books bc they do.. If you take the PLAY for what it is which is a play NOT a book then it is quite enjoyable and really well made. 

It’s nothing more than glorified fan-fiction, it was poorly written, poorly acted and was just a poor imitation of the Potterverse in general

Wait are people debating if the Snape we have seen is real or not? Or if that figure on eBay is real or not? Because the figure of Snape we have seen is real and is coming in a set in August 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Wait are people debating if the Snape we have seen is real or not? Or if that figure on eBay is real or not? Because the figure of Snape we have seen is real and is coming in a set in August 

The one on eBay, we know the one on Instagram is real, I’m looking forward to finding out what set he’s coming in

Cursed Child seems like a rather unlikely source for sets, regardless of controversial decisions. They've never done a theater-sourced license (which actors would be portrayed by minifigures is a definite issue) and due to the different likenesses from the films, it would likely be a subtheme like the DCU sets being separate from the comic sets.

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

That majority of Lego on eBay isn't fake. Although there is some bootleg stuff on there... but it's usually easy to spot. It doesn't matter whether anyone believes tha figure is real or not. Interesting how people are happy to believe it's real if it's photographed as a one off on Instagram but if someone sells one then it's definitely a fake.

After years of these kind of things I've called quite a few figures out that people claimed to be new and unreleased (anybody remember the Joker Nurse or the Lex Luthor in prison overalls?) but this looks very real to me. I'd still recommend waiting and picking it up in the set as I don't see the point in paying that for the figure just to own it a few months early when it'll be much cheaper and part of an overall better experience to get it in the full set.

Yeah, I reckon it is genuine - and probably stolen from the factory. That seller has too much other lego to be selling fakes. They won't want negative feedback with "fake" in it, just to sell a few relatively cheap figures. At least their price is not too bad, when you think back to things like the snowman R2-D2 that went for multiple $100s six months before the advent calendar came out a few years back.

20 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

No reason why LEGO couldn't start making sets based off stage plays if they wanted.

There is a massive reason they couldn't - licensing. They'll have an agreement with Warner Bros. to make sets of the movies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that agreement stops them making other Harry Potter sets based on subjects owned by other rights holders, as Warner Bros. wouldn't want them competing for shelf space and sales of the sets based on their movies. The only way we would see Cursed Child sets is if/when the movie(s) is(are) made. 10 years time, if Daniel Radcliffe's acting career is going down the pan, I can see it happening.

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

There is a massive reason they couldn't - licensing. They'll have an agreement with Warner Bros. to make sets of the movies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that agreement stops them making other Harry Potter sets based on subjects owned by other rights holders, as Warner Bros. wouldn't want them competing for shelf space and sales of the sets based on their movies. The only way we would see Cursed Child sets is if/when the movie(s) is(are) made. 10 years time, if Daniel Radcliffe's acting career is going down the pan, I can see it happening.

AND the sets from stage play wouldn't sell too well, lack of recognizable scenes etc

16 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’m hoping that Lego have learned their lesson and they’re gonna produce enough to cover all areas, I myself will be buying them day 1, my credit card is clear already to purchase them, providing the D2C set doesn’t come out same day ?

It comes out 4 months after normal sets, retail sets come out in August and D2C comes out in December.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It comes out 4 months after normal sets, retail sets come out in August and D2C comes out in December.

That makes me so much happier, less going on my credit card at one point ?

Just now, Pop Star c o said:

But I think that they could put some characters from Cursed Child to CMF. It's not so expensive, so maybe they could try it.

12 characters per series, they shouldn’t waste figures on characters from a stage show when there are so many that they haven’t done in minifigures form at all

9 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

But I think that they could put some characters from Cursed Child to CMF. It's not so expensive, so maybe they could try it.

Warner Bros. and hence LEGO don't have the rights to it. So (1) they cannot put another license holder's characters into their sets and (2) why would they promote another company's IP alongside their own? It is like Marvel used to be, with different companies owning the rights to different (aged) characters.

36 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

12 characters per series, they shouldn’t waste figures on characters from a stage show when there are so many that they haven’t done in minifigures form at all

12 characters? The Harry Potter cmf series has 22

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

12 characters? The Harry Potter cmf series has 22

Sorry, yes, it’s the unikitty CMF that has 12, but my point still stands, there are 22 figures they shouldn’t waste them on Stage characters

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

It’s nothing more than glorified fan-fiction, it was poorly written, poorly acted and was just a poor imitation of the Potterverse in general

And yet it is canon - confirmed by JK herself. I love it though it is a quite interesting and very unique story to see live. Don’t care much for the book though.

But what I think everyone can agree on is that there probably never will come anything from CC in a set. We might get the children and adult main characters as a specialty but not the characters from CC.

Just now, Brick Wizard001 said:

And yet it is canon - confirmed by JK herself. I love it though it is a quite interesting and very unique story to see live. Don’t care much for the book though.

But what I think everyone can agree on is that there probably never will come anything from CC in a set. We might get the children and adult main characters as a specialty but not the characters from CC.

As I’ve said previously, a lot of fans ignore the fact that Rowling has said its canon, including me, but as it’s been said before they don’t own the rights so there won’t be any Lego from CC

5 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Sorry, yes, it’s the unikitty CMF that has 12, but my point still stands, there are 22 figures they shouldn’t waste them on Stage characters

They can't and they won't regardless of the number of figs and the unikitty is not a cmf by the way..

What is interesting is if they put in FB character in the cmf series, personally I guess it is 55% yes and 45% no :wacko:

Just now, Roebuck said:

They can't and they won't regardless of the number of figs and the unikitty is not a cmf by the way..

What is interesting is if they put in FB character in the cmf series, personally I guess it is 55% yes and 45% no :wacko:

There is a Unikitty CMF coming out some time this year, 12 characters for the series, I’m wondering if they’ll include anyone from the CMF, I don’t know who they’d include though

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

There is a Unikitty CMF coming out some time this year, 12 characters for the series, I’m wondering if they’ll include anyone from the CMF, I don’t know who they’d include though

Collectible MINIFIGURES, unikitty is no minifig so what is coming is something like mixels with 12 characters in a series.. This is off topic, so let's get back to more interesting stuff :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Collectible MINIFIGURES, unikitty is no minifig so what is coming is something like mixels with 12 characters in a series.. This is off topic, so let's get back to more interesting stuff :wink:

Yeah, back on topic, what are some predictions for some minifigs with the sets that are coming out, obviously Harry and Ron are confirmed for Aragog and the Ford Anglia sets, who else do you think we could get, maybe F&G Weasley?

38 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Sorry, yes, it’s the unikitty CMF 

There is no Unikitty CMF.

22 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

There is a Unikitty CMF 

There is not.

Back on topic, are we expecting any other molded creatures like the thestral?  I love to collect them.