Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, harleydavid98 said:

Why would you do that? Aside from the fact that it means there are fewer sets for actual fans it seems pointless in a non-fan getting them?

I have seen the movies.  They were pretty good.  Still, I don't really consider myself a 'fan' of Hary Potter.  That said, I like the look of the 2 sets we have seen so far, and I intend to get them (and multiples of the thestral set).

Just now, x105Black said:

I have seen the movies.  They were pretty good.  Still, I don't really consider myself a 'fan' of Hary Potter.  That said, I like the look of the 2 sets we have seen so far, and I intend to get them (and multiples of the thestral set).

Won’t that be expensive (multiple Thestral sets) wouldn’t it be cheaper to get 1 of the sets then multiple of the Thestrals off BrickLink or do you reckon they’ll be so sort after that they’ll be expensive? I was hoping to do that to populate my forbidden forest, but I could see them being expensive

The set has useful.pieces, and I may be able to sell of the duplicate minifigures to get back some of the cost.

But I might just do it the other way.  Not sure yet.

Just now, x105Black said:

The set has useful.pieces, and I may be able to sell of the duplicate minifigures to get back some of the cost.

But I might just do it the other way.  Not sure yet.

I didn’t even think of that, extra carriages can always be useful, and multiple of that new wand piece, that really impressed me instead of the sticks they used to use

I’m not a fan of Star Wars but I still buy some sets because I like the ship builds in Lego. People who don’t like Harry Potter could still be tempted by this line for all the new molds, minifigures, and the great builds. I see no reason why someone who doesn’t care about Harry Potter couldn’t buy the Great Hall set- it’s beautifully designed and they can just integrate it with other castles or create a MOC around it. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m not a fan of Star Wars but I still buy some sets because I like the ship builds in Lego. People who don’t like Harry Potter could still be tempted by this line for all the new molds, minifigures, and the great builds. I see no reason why someone who doesn’t care about Harry Potter couldn’t buy the Great Hall set- it’s beautifully designed and they can just integrate it with other castles or create a MOC around it. 

My only issue is if they make a limited number of sets (first run as a new take) and they’re all taken up by people for the new molds and minifigures then there might not be enough for the actual fans, it happened in my country with the Star Destroyer, very few were released and a lot of those were bought by people to either resell for more or for the figures in it meaning collectors couldn’t get them, there was national uproar until Lego released more of them

Just now, Whovastron said:

Whether you have issue with it or not, people have the right to purchase whatever they want to

Did I say anywhere that they didn’t? I was just sharing my opinion, I am aware that people have the right to buy what they want

I think a lot of people will pick up multiples of the Thestral set, especially in the US where it is just $20. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

I think a lot of people will pick up multiples of the Thestral set, especially in the US where it is just $20. 

I think it’ll be £20 in the UK however I still think it’ll end up getting expensive, I mean 6 sets for 6 thestrals would end up being £/$120 which is expensive just to get some unique animals, especially when Serafina and Gellert aren’t really army builders, if they were generic wizards/dementors/death eaters for a wizard army builder that’d make sense, but just for Thestrals which will probably able to be got for around £/$5-10

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

This will be me. Some good parts in there. 

2 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

My only issue is if they make a limited number of sets (first run as a new take) and they’re all taken up by people for the new molds and minifigures then there might not be enough for the actual fans, it happened in my country with the Star Destroyer, very few were released and a lot of those were bought by people to either resell for more or for the figures in it meaning collectors couldn’t get them, there was national uproar until Lego released more of them

If this happens, I will personally give away my extra Minifigs to any Harry Potter fan that feels they got slighted. 

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

This will be me. Some good parts in there. 

If this happens, I will personally give away my extra Minifigs to any Harry Potter fan that feels they got slighted. 

I’m hoping that Lego have learned their lesson and they’re gonna produce enough to cover all areas, I myself will be buying them day 1, my credit card is clear already to purchase them, providing the D2C set doesn’t come out same day ?

7 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's nowhere near as bad as people make out. No reason why LEGO couldn't start making sets based off stage plays if they wanted.

I mean they could do it, but the chances are extremely low. This is because Lego would have to create all the sets basically from scratch, with only a description and maybe some pictures of the stage play  (which really didn't have an amazing decor, it was rather empty, very little Lego could do with it). So there we have our first problem. The second problem are the characters, what will they look like? The costumes were really bland and cheap looking compared to the movies, resulting in boring and strange looking figures. And which actor will be chosen for the characters? The play had different actors over time, and than there is the problem that non of them look anything like the movie versions which do get figures around the same time, so will they completely redesign them to look like the movie variants? That might be a controversial thing to do. And than there is the third problem, nowhere as many people have seen the play as the movies, and most people who have seen it probably aren't even Lego's target market. Will children rather buy the young versions of a character, or a less important older version? We've seen it already with Star Wars. I would also like to say that the play might be canon, but it might as well not be, not because it's that bad, but because it feels more like a fanfiction than anything else. Now take Hermione for example, she is way out of character, they basically made her a Snape 2.0. I really can't see her becoming like that just for *spoilers* not marrying Ron. By book 4 it was clear Hermione was an independent woman, and no man (or the lack there of) would change that, and so there are way more issues with the book/play, no wonder there is so much backlash from the fans. And that backlash is my final reason why I doubt sets of Cursed Child will happen. The only thing I could see happening is a set based on the last scene of book 7 which is also the first scene of the play. The other option I could think of are some exclusive figures  (with books, SDCC, polybags, etc), but I really wouldn't get my hopes up for anything more than that.

9 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

Why would you do that? Aside from the fact that it means there are fewer sets for actual fans it seems pointless in a non-fan getting them?

The more non fans who buy the sets the better! That just show they are excellent sets that attract buyers from outside the fan-base, and increases the chances a lot that we will see future waves :thumbup: It is not a limited number of sets, if a set is sold out they will just make a new batch. Yes your local shop can be sold out on sets, but then you just have to wait or order at shop@home, no biggie. Normal sets are usually made in such a number that is should be no problem, the d2c can end up like the MF and sell a lot more than expected, but then it is just to be patient you will get the set sooner or later..

6 hours ago, harleydavid98 said:

I think it’ll be £20 in the UK however I still think it’ll end up getting expensive, I mean 6 sets for 6 thestrals would end up being £/$120 which is expensive just to get some unique animals, especially when Serafina and Gellert aren’t really army builders, if they were generic wizards/dementors/death eaters for a wizard army builder that’d make sense, but just for Thestrals which will probably able to be got for around £/$5-10

With Serafina, you can create Beauxbaton'students: looks:

q0NDnuAcWcyl.jpg

205px-75951-picquery.jpg?resize=205,233

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

With Serafina, you can create Beauxbaton'students: looks:

q0NDnuAcWcyl.jpg

205px-75951-picquery.jpg?resize=205,233

I didn’t even think of that, although I hope we get at least 1 Beauxbaton girl (Fleur) and maybe Madame Maxime, so it seems like Grindelwald is the only non-useful figure, speaking of Grindelwald does anyone know why his physical minifigure has no facial hair but in dimensions he has a moustache?

I really don't think anybody needs to worry about the HP sets being a limited run. They're making a big deal out of this and they'll have shelves full of them... as will every single retail partner and toy shop. 

I also don't think we need to worry about the merits of any of the extended HP Wizarding World media such as the Cursed Child and whether it will get a set (or is worthy of one). This thread is being allowed to run it's own course even with off topic stuff and wishlisting. Let's not clutter it up too much. :classic:

Just now, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

No mention of what set it comes with in the description, I wonder if this could be a fake that has been made from the leaked image I mean there are 3 for sale and 2 sold how could someone get 5 minifigures from sets that haven’t even finished production (from what I’ve heard) yet...

Just now, harleydavid98 said:

No mention of what set it comes with in the description, I wonder if this could be a fake that has been made from the leaked image I mean there are 3 for sale and 2 sold how could someone get 5 minifigures from sets that haven’t even finished production (from what I’ve heard) yet...

Yeah, it's most likely a fake

1 minute ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

People will always take advantage of those of us too patient to wait for the official releases smh ?

39 minutes ago, LegoHPbrickfilms said:

36 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

People will always take advantage of those of us too patient to wait for the official releases smh ?

You really need to ask? If the image on Instagram is considered genuine then it's in hand and has been printed. If they've printed one then they've probably printed hundreds/thousands. Do you know how expensive it is to pad print a minifigure? It's not a digitally printed figure and the artwork is perfect. Doesn't strike me as the usual cheat rush job. I'm more inclined to think this is a genuine figure that has been stolen from a factory (probably in Mexico looking at the location of the seller). Don't be surprised to find more people selling these in the coming weeks/months if a batch of them have been removed from the factory early. There were a lot of new sellers from Mexico that popped up last year with lots of new figures months before their release... it's also the reason I joined a Mexican Lego Facebook Marketplace as things were being sold far in advance... and very cheaply. I never did buy anything from them but as it was a closed group  I got to see what was doing the rounds.

Seller on eBay also has Lex Luthor, Jessica Cruz and Incredibles 2 unreleased figures in their store.

Edited by Robianco

Just now, Robianco said:

You really need to ask? If the image on Instagram is considered genuine then it's in hand and has been printed. If they've printed one then they've probably printed hundreds/thousands. Do you know how expensive it is to pad print a minifigure? I'm more inclined to think this is a genuine figure that has been stolen from a factory (probably in Mexico looking at the location of the seller). Don't be surprised to find more people selling these in the coming weeks/months if a batch of them have been removed from the factory early. There were a lot of new sellers from Mexico that popped up last year with lots of new figures months before their release... it's also the reason I joined a Mexican Lego Facebook Marketplace as things were being sold far in advance... and very cheaply. I never did buy anything from them but as it was a closed group  I got to see what was doing the rounds.

Yeah, I’m still more inclined to guess that it’s fake... until I see proof otherwise then to me it’s  not genuine, I refuse to buy any Lego off eBay because the majority of it is fake, if it is proved to be genuine then I will come back and apologise, but for now I call bull

13 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Yeah, I’m still more inclined to guess that it’s fake... until I see proof otherwise then to me it’s  not genuine, I refuse to buy any Lego off eBay because the majority of it is fake, if it is proved to be genuine then I will come back and apologise, but for now I call bull

That majority of Lego on eBay isn't fake. Although there is some bootleg stuff on there... but it's usually easy to spot. It doesn't matter whether anyone believes tha figure is real or not. Interesting how people are happy to believe it's real if it's photographed as a one off on Instagram but if someone sells one then it's definitely a fake.

After years of these kind of things I've called quite a few figures out that people claimed to be new and unreleased (anybody remember the Joker Nurse or the Lex Luthor in prison overalls?) but this looks very real to me. I'd still recommend waiting and picking it up in the set as I don't see the point in paying that for the figure just to own it a few months early when it'll be much cheaper and part of an overall better experience to get it in the full set.

Edited by Robianco