Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, SandMirror38 said:

Does that mean we could get pictures soon?

Nope.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

Nope.

Why not? TLG has released pictures of two sets already so why wouldn`t we get pictures soon?

3 hours ago, topiku said:

Why not? TLG has released pictures of two sets already so why wouldn`t we get pictures soon?

Because it's still pretty early for August-December set photos to be leaking, especially since they're not yet being shown to retailers en masse, which is often where the leaks originate. And LEGO is clearly trying to time release of official HP set photos to capitalize on buzz for trailers, control the story, and generate anticipation to ensure a successful relaunch of the line. They would not want photos/news of the HP CMF series to get muddled with the just-released Series 18 Birthday CMF line, for instance.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is Whomping Willow really 70$ and 50€? Weird...

No, it's that euro prices for 75952 and 75953 were confused.

Over on Instagram someone has confirmed that 75955 is Harry Potter exclusive set (Quidditch) and 75956 is Fantastic Beasts Target exclusive set (Crimes of Grindelwald).

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Over on Instagram someone has confirmed that 75955 is Harry Potter exclusive set (Quidditch) and 75956 is Fantastic Beasts Target exclusive set (Crimes of Grindelwald).

Where on Instagram?

I've gone through the cast lists for the first two Harry Potter films and removed characters from the Great Hall set, as well as the leaked Snape to give a good idea of which characters may appear in the CMF.

Hogwarts staff and residents:

Professors Flitwick, Sprout, Vector,  Sinistra and Lockhart. Madams Pomfrey, Pince and Hooch. Filch. Ghosts Grey Lady, Bloody Baron, Fat Friar, Moaning Myrtle

Students:

Gryffindors Neville Longbottom, Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnegan, Fred, George, Ginny and Percy Weasley, Colin Creevey and Lee Jordan. Quidditch Players Oliver Wood, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet.

Slytherins Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Millicent Bulstrode. Quidditch Players Marcus Flint, Adrian Pucey, Terence Higgs, Miles Bletchley.

Ravenclaws Penelope Clearwater. 

Hufflepuffs Hannah Abbott, Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch- Fletchley.

Magical World:

Molly and Arthur Weasley, Lucius Malfoy, Cornelius Fudge, Dedalus Diggle, Garrick Ollivander, Tom, Trolley Witch, Mr Borgin, Doris Crockford, Angus, Bozo.

First Wizarding War Era Lily and James Potter

Riddle Era Armando Dippet, Tom Riddle, Albus Dumbledore, Rubus Hagrid. 

Muggles:

Vernon, Petunia and Dudley Dursley, Kings Cross Guard, Mr and Mrs Mason. 

Creatures:

Griphook, Firenze, Dobby.

That's about sixty characters, to fit in about twenty slots. There is also the possibility some characters without names (for example Ravenclaw Boy, Knockturn Alley Witch, etc) might be included.

Some characters, like Pansy Parkinson and Lavender Brown were credited in these two films, but are background extras rather than the characters that appear in later films so I omitted them.

It's possible some of the characters mentioned appear in the other three sets, especially Madam Hooch and the Gryffindor/Slytherin Quiddich Players. Others will probably never appear at all!

Hope this list helps!

I made a estimate of which figs we are getting in the different sets, it is pure speculation so I put in a % chance the different figs are in the sets. So have a look and see if you agree with me :classic:

75950 Aragog:

• Harry 99%
  • Ron 95%
  • probably no one else? 75%

75952 Newt Scamander's Suitcase:

• Newt 99%
  • Jacob Kowalski 75%
  • Tina Goldstein 65%
  • Queenie Goldstein 60%
  • probably no one else? 80%

75953 Flying Ford Anglia Escape:

• Harry 99%
  • Ron Weasley 99%
  • Snape 95%
  • no one else? 50%

75955 Quidditch:

• Harry 99%
  • Rolanda Hooch 95%
  • Oliver Wood 85%
  • Marcus Flint 80%
  • Draco Malfoy 70%
  • Angelina Johnson 40%
  • Katie Bell 30%
  • Alicia Spinnet 30%
  • George Weasley 30%
  • Fred Weasley 30%
  • Terence Higgs 30%
  • Other Slytherin player from year 1-2 10%
  • Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch team players from year 1-2 20%

75956 Crimes of Grindelwald:

• Dumbledore 95%
  • Newt 80%
  • Grindelwald 80%
  • Probably more figs, but hard to guess without any more info..

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

75953 Flying Ford Anglia Escape:

• Harry 99%
  • Ron Weasley 99%
  • Snape 95%
  • no one else? 50%

When Catanas reacted to the Snape figure appearing, she added: “Ohhh dear, they are in trouble.” Considering this is a slightly paraphrased quote from Mister Filch, we might be seeing him show up in there, too. Or quite possibly I’m reading too much into whimsical comments on here. ;) 

I really hope that the Whomping Willow set is mix between the scene in CoS and PoA. I think with Snape included there might be other characters included as well such as: Lupin, Sirius, Wormtail and Hermione. It would also make sense with the high price.

49 minutes ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

When Catanas reacted to the Snape figure appearing, she added: “Ohhh dear, they are in trouble.” Considering this is a slightly paraphrased quote from Mister Filch, we might be seeing him show up in there, too. Or quite possibly I’m reading too much into whimsical comments on here. ;) 

It could be, a Mister Filch with Mrs Norris would be welcome :wub:

2 minutes ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I really hope that the Whomping Willow set is mix between the scene in CoS and PoA. I think with Snape included there might be other characters included as well such as: Lupin, Sirius, Wormtail and Hermione. It would also make sense with the high price.

Well depends what they mean with " We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour"  I think now maybe it is 60% they will save Lupin, Sirius and Wormtail to the next wave, but it should definitely be more that 3 figs in such a big HP set *huh*

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It could be, a Mister Filch with Mrs Norris would be welcome :wub:

Do you think they would do a new mold like the spider from the great hall?

Just now, hotdogs11 said:

Do you think they would do a new mold like the spider from the great hall?

The spider is not new.

Hey guys, I know this might have been asked, but do we have any sort of idea when the official images will be released? I’m starting to save money from my wages now but I’ll definitely be more motivated to do so if I can see the sets! ?

7 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

Hey guys, I know this might have been asked, but do we have any sort of idea when the official images will be released? I’m starting to save money from my wages now but I’ll definitely be more motivated to do so if I can see the sets! ?

Normally, official set photos would not be released until a few weeks before the sets are available on shelves. But unofficial photos (often grainy, small, or blurry) typically leak a few months before the release date. D2C sets rarely leak more than a day or two before the official announcement. 

The fact that LEGO released photos of the HP Great Hall and the FB Grindelwald Escape sets so far in advance is atypical. The Great Hall photos probably came out when they did (at NY Toy Fair) to generate buzz among retailers about the HP line being relaunched, so that they would see the improved quality of the sets (versus the last time HP sets were released) and thus order in sufficient quantity. The Grindelwald Escape photos capitalized on the release of the movie trailer. If additional set photos are released early, they will likely be tied to other promotions (like a second trailer). But I would not expect all of them to be released early, since LEGO will want to save some (or all) of the remaining sets for the actual launch/relaunch of the line.

Just now, jdubbs said:

Normally, official set photos would not be released until a few weeks before the sets are available on shelves. But unofficial photos (often grainy, small, or blurry) typically leak a few months before the release date. D2C sets rarely leak more than a day or two before the official announcement. 

The fact that LEGO released photos of the HP Great Hall and the FB Grindelwald Escape sets so far in advance is atypical. The Great Hall photos probably came out when they did (at NY Toy Fair) to generate buzz among retailers about the HP line being relaunched, so that they would see the improved quality of the sets (versus the last time HP sets were released) and thus order in sufficient quantity. The Grindelwald Escape photos capitalized on the release of the movie trailer. If additional set photos are released early, they will likely be tied to other promotions (like a second trailer). But I would not expect all of them to be released early, since LEGO will want to save some (or all) of the remaining sets for the actual launch/relaunch of the line.

So we’ll probably be looking around middle of July for release images? That’s a while to wait but I’m so hyped for this theme to re-release, do you guys reckon there’ll be more than one wave or just this one?

ps thanks for the fast (and very detailed) reply ?

19 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

So we’ll probably be looking around middle of July for release images? That’s a while to wait but I’m so hyped for this theme to re-release, do you guys reckon there’ll be more than one wave or just this one?

ps thanks for the fast (and very detailed) reply ?

It seems like they’re setting up this line to last for a long time, since all of these sets are only based on years 1-2 with a little bit of 3. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It seems like they’re setting up this line to last for a long time, since all of these sets are only based on years 1-2 with a little bit of 3. 

I hope, I could imagine each wave will add something new to the Castle rather than it being released new every wave, kinda like what they do with some action figures where you buy them all to make 1 big action figure 

34 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

So we’ll probably be looking around middle of July for release images?

Not later than July 1st.

1 minute ago, harleydavid98 said:

Ooh, so late June-July? ??

If you count catalog images, I'd say end of May or early June.

Edited by dimaks13