Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Personally I hope and guess that Lego will reveal more of the sets before the leaks start to show up..

Anyway leaks or not, they have to advertise them some time before August I guess.. I have asked this before, but how do shops know which sets to order if they have not seen any pictures? Do they order blind from the place-holder pictures or do they get a updated catalogue closer to summer? Most toyshop owners do not go to toy fairs every year I assume :sceptic: If anyone can shed light to the mystery it would be appreciated :wink:

I believe retailers get an updated catalogue, but remember that retailers don't need to see the sets, they just need the prices, sizes (for working out which sets they have rolm for) and when the sets are available. 

hi all ,just want to ask, is that still worth to buy the old version 4842 to keep for collection? i saw some o them selling second hand at around 200USD, is that worth ?

On 4/2/2018 at 6:07 AM, Robianco said:

Yeah. As excited as people are about what’s coming everything gets very muddied when genuine info from people who know, gets mixed with info from people who are mostly guessing along with wishlists from people who hope something is coming. The lines between each becomes blurred. Add in fake leaks and it becomes painful to read.

My rule is normally if SVL or Cat havent said it then I’ll take it with a pinch of salt. Nobody else here has actually seen anything or is likely to.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:07 PM, Robianco said:

...And there's the other person that actually knows things...

Nope. No, believe me, I certainly get that sorting out the real info can be tough and confusing, but it shouldn't just run off as a "blank check" of sorts to ignore folks who likely do have a basis in fact. I'm not annoyed, because at this point, yeah, I haven't been around for as long as SvL or Cat; however, I don't really think that you needed to add that. Just ask.

If you're in doubt, I won't worry about it too much; however, I'd invite you to check out my post history if you so desire. :) 

On 4/2/2018 at 4:55 PM, Black Numenorean said:

I think they made it in bricks because of fantastic beast. As they do beasts in brick in FB, they want to do the same thing in HB. Moreover, it cost less expensive to use bricks for beast.

Well, I mean, the suitcase is already a $70 set; if I had to guess, TLG is going to really push the whole "create your own beast" deal. Very curious to see how they do the box... maybe like Go Brick Me?

USD Prices are as follows - 

75950 [Aragog] - 14.99 US

75951 - $19.99 US

75952 - $49.99 US

75953 [] - $69.99 US

75954 [] - $99.99 US

On 4/7/2018 at 1:33 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

<snip>

75956 CoG set for 40€

So, there are a couple of different embargo dates (set for info/descriptions, not release) that I'm seeing for HP/FB, but one thing that is consistent is that the FB sets are under wraps for a bit longer than the HP sets. (Usually from a couple of weeks or so.) 75956 has the same date as the HP sets; not the general release FB sets that we're aware of at the moment - 75951 & 75952.

It's not something that I can conclusively lean on right now, but I'm keeping it in mind. :)

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

A picture of the new Professor Snape minifigure is on Instagram.

Is it the image that is watermarked with “Wholesale_minifigures”? Do we know which set this is suppose to be in? I don’t recall seeing it in the Great Hall. Whomping Willow? Or CMF? If the later, it’s pretty rubbish. 

The new Snape that's been going around on Instagram looks pretty good in my opinion. His torso appears to be a mix of the 2004 and 2010 one (the purple is back :wub:) + leg printing. He has the same hair like in 2010 but an all new facial expression that looks kind annoyed/angry, which is a nice addition. I assume he has a second face with a new variant of his classic "Snape" face, if not I would be really disappointed. The only thing that might have improved this figure were hair strands printed on the head like in 2007, but oh well we can't get everything. Overall they did a pretty good job of translating a character that's pretty boring looking into Lego without making him look like a vampire :laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Is it the image that is watermarked with “Wholesale_minifigures”? Do we know which set this is suppose to be in? I don’t recall seeing it in the Great Hall. Whomping Willow? Or CMF? If the later, it’s pretty rubbish. 

We dont' know yet. Not the Great Hall. Maybe CMF

Lego reused the leg design on Snape. It's literally Hux's coat, they just removed the shirt going down in the middle.

On top of that snape himself should have his purple garment going down his legs as well.

The way his robe pokes in at the tummy makes it looks more like a jacket than a coat. And all the wrinkle lines looks to make his tummy look large.

Its real weird how they kind of gave his robe a collar.

The white triangle by his neck should totally be black, so they introduced an unnecessary print color...

So far I don't like the face, but a more normal expression might look good we'll see when that shows up.

The face reminds me of the one that recriminates Harry and Ron having arrived by flying car at Hogwarts, It may be the third figure of the Whomping Willow.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUq6ueUYQ_odiU_kSfHYg

1 minute ago, just_one said:

how do you find it on instagram?

Search for #legoleak

11 hours ago, reeve86 said:

hi all ,just want to ask, is that still worth to buy the old version 4842 to keep for collection? i saw some o them selling second hand at around 200USD, is that worth ?

If you want that version in your collection, then yes. If you want any Hogwarts, I'd wait and buy the new one. It will probably have updated (and hopefully better) print, parts and minifigures.

18 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I have asked this before, but how do shops know which sets to order if they have not seen any pictures? Do they order blind from the place-holder pictures or do they get a updated catalogue closer to summer? Most toyshop owners do not go to toy fairs every year I assume :sceptic: If anyone can shed light to the mystery it would be appreciated :wink:

It depends on their agreement with LEGO. Some get a catalogue that they can choose ranges from, with either the pictures of finalised sets or close to final sets with some placeholders or sometimes no image with just a very short description or title and occasionally just an in-house code, plus price points and rough part counts, etc. So where there is a spoiler, they might just indicate it is a big SW set with 1000 parts and the price point. Others (smaller stores and independents) sometimes get told what they can stock with very little choice. Normally stores cannot pick and choose within a range, they have to take the whole range of price points. So even if they think one set might be a bad seller, they still need to take it if they have that range.

It may not be movie or books accurate but I really love the purple outfit that LEGO utilizes on Snape.

I think that he's gonna be double-faced and I imagine that the other side will feature a more neutral expression.

Altough I have to say that the white shirt is slightly bothering me.

I absolutely love the Snape and how its an updated throwback to the old one! Kylo and Snape are literally twins! I thinks it's the best one yet. 

Edited by RODDY

5 hours ago, deskp said:

Lego reused the leg design on Snape. It's literally Hux's coat, they just removed the shirt going down in the middle.

On top of that snape himself should have his purple garment going down his legs as well.

The way his robe pokes in at the tummy makes it looks more like a jacket than a coat. And all the wrinkle lines looks to make his tummy look large.

Its real weird how they kind of gave his robe a collar.

The white triangle by his neck should totally be black, so they introduced an unnecessary print color...

So far I don't like the face, but a more normal expression might look good we'll see when that shows up.

They may have reused legs but it's still a little different, however if would have had the shirt printed on the legs, it would have still have been Hux's legs with a light recolor. Personally I don't mind because I think it good regardless. Technically supposed to be robe and it looks like a pretty good robe to me. The only way I would have improved it is if they used the CMF's Graduate robe instead. I don't think it looks that much like a collar, technically his purple shirt should have  collar. If you look a picture, he has a white shirt underneath so the white triangle is pretty accurate. The face looks a little wierd but I guess It's just a really angry face. 

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye12 said:

The face looks a little wierd but I guess It's just a really angry face. 

It could be because someone was seen by no less than seven muggles. Ohhh dear, they are in trouble.

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye12 said:

echnically his purple shirt should have  collar. If you look a picture, he has a white shirt underneath so the white triangle is pretty accurate.

He has a black scarf thing covering the white shirt. The black is whats goes in the triangle the white barely shows above it on the costume.

His look in the movie is very much a uptight neck. the white on figure very much gives the opposite look, that its a open light collar which is all wrong.

9 minutes ago, deskp said:

He has a black scarf thing covering the white shirt. The black is whats goes in the triangle the white barely shows above it on the costume.

His look in the movie is very much a uptight neck. the white on figure very much gives the opposite look, that its a open light collar which is all wrong.

Oh wait, I guess you're right. When I looked at a picture of his costume I didn't notice the black scarf, Still, It's nice that we do have some white on it, even if it's too much

28 minutes ago, Catanas said:

It could be because someone was seen by no less than seven muggles. Ohhh dear, they are in trouble.

Whomping willow set hint? :tongue:

If the Snape fig has been leaked more can follow soon.. They often start out like a small trickle of melting snow in spring, then before we know it there is a flood :laugh: