Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

There were also so many Batman costume variations that people would have complained if the CMF didn't have at least a few of them. (Though, 5 is a bit excessive). I think they must have been planning two CMF series from the get-go, so they had room to spread out the secondary characters and still give us multiple Batmans. 

TLNM CMF is probably a better comparison for HP. 2 Lloyds, 3 Garmadons, everyone else was unique.

Let's hope it is something like that. Would that mean something like 2 Harry's and 3 Voldemorts? Doubt it would be exactly like that though.

7 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

Let's hope it is something like that. Would that mean something like 2 Harry's and 3 Voldemorts? Doubt it would be exactly like that though.

I just meant, a handful of characters with 2 variations (likely Harry/Ron/Hermione) and the rest unique. I doubt they would do more than 1 Voldemort.

Just now, jdubbs said:

I just meant, a handful of characters with 2 variations (likely Harry/Ron/Hermione) and the rest unique. I doubt they would do more than 1 Voldemort.

Yeah. So they might have 3-4 yrs. of CMFs if they follow the idea of doing 2 movies per year?

55 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

Yeah. So they might have 3-4 yrs. of CMFs if they follow the idea of doing 2 movies per year?

We don't know if next year they are making sets, and if we are getting them, we don't know if they will be based of year 3 and 4.

Narrowing the focus for the first wave of sets to years 1-2 does give LEGO a natural path to continue the line in the years to come. It's on all of us to support the sets that do come out to help ensure we ever see a second wave! They could theoretically do a second wave of years 1-2 even, before moving on to 3, 4, etc. Plenty more to be mined from the Columbus movies...

I'll be buying at least five of the Grindlewald's Escape set, for what it's worth. 2-3 will get repurposed as carriages at Hogwarts, and 2-3 will get mod'ed to form a more movie-accurate version of Grindlewald's carriage.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We don't know if next year they are making sets, and if we are getting them, we don't know if they will be based of year 3 and 4.

If this year sells well, (which it probably will) they will make some next year. I'm like 70% sure. Of course, I may be as woefully wrong as Humphrey Belcher, who decided the time was ripe for a cheese cauldron.

Just now, hotdogs11 said:

If this year sells well, (which it probably will) they will make some next year. I'm like 70% sure. Of course, I may be as woefully wrong as Humphrey Belcher, who decided the time was ripe for a cheese cauldron.

That’s not exactly how things work I don’t think. Lego sets take around 18 months to be designed/produced so these sets won’t determine if we get another wave in January/March of 2019, it could determine if we get more after whatever lego has currently planned for this theme but it won’t determine. Truthfully I believe Lego has more planned for this theme then this initial wave but time will tell 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s not exactly how things work I don’t think. Lego sets take around 18 months to be designed/produced so these sets won’t determine if we get another wave in January/March of 2019, it could determine if we get more after whatever lego has currently planned for this theme but it won’t determine. Truthfully I believe Lego has more planned for this theme then this initial wave but time will tell 

I sure hope they do.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I'll be buying at least five of the Grindlewald's Escape set, for what it's worth. 2-3 will get repurposed as carriages at Hogwarts, and 2-3 will get mod'ed to form a more movie-accurate version of Grindlewald's carriage.

Five of the same set? Are you mad?!? 

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The worst scenario to me is if they do something close to batman cmfs with around half of the figs variants of the main characters in all kind of crazy outfits. One Harry from every year at Hogwarts, Dumbledore on vacation or similar stuff:sick: The best scenario would be as few of the characters that are in the sets as possible, the truth is probably something in between. Maybe 10-12 unique figs in the cmf and 10-12 variants of figs that are in the sets..

I do not remember, but I think most of the batman cmf had 1 second (a few maybe up to 10 seconds) of screen-time in the film, but they all where in the movie right?! If that is the case we won't get any complete useless figs at least :tongue:

We will not have 5 harry potter in the CMF for example. Batman theme doesn't get a lot of characters than HP theme. Maybe Two Potter in CMF (i hope just one ^^)

52 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They're $20 a piece (in the US, at least...). And will be $16 on sale within a month or two of release. Granted, I'll have little use for the minifigs, but the thestrals and carriage will come in very handy.

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

They're $20 a piece (in the US, at least...). And will be $16 on sale within a month or two of release. Granted, I'll have little use for the minifigs, but the thestrals and carriage will come in very handy.

I did something similar with the Battle of Atlantis set.  Got 3 of them, and all of the pieces will be useful.  I'd like to get at least 2 or 3 of this set as well, mostly for the thestrals.

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego most likely has a new wave in the making as we speak, we could see them next year, but they may also release them with the next FB movie, every second year:

• 2 FB -1 wave year 1-2 HP
  • 3 FB -2 wave year 3-4 HP
  • 4 FB -3 wave year 5-6 HP
  • 5 FB -4 wave year 7 (movie 7-8) HP
7 hours ago, jdubbs said:

It may very well be the cheapest way to get 5-6 thestrals, they are not going to be cheap on BL and I am unsure if they will be in any other sets anytime soon :sceptic:

7 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

How good or bad did the 2011 wave sold?

I do not know, but assume it did OK since they are making a new wave now, but I guess this wave will do much better :wink: The first MF did not sell very well I think, but the during the decade since its release it skyrocketed price-wise on the private marked, and when they made a new one 10 years later Lego can not make enough it seems *huh* I think HP is similar, there are a lot more adult Lego fans now then 8-10 years ago, the sets from the last waves are rather expensive, HP is the most asked for series not in production apparently, so I hope and think the sets will sell like crazy :grin:  

6 hours ago, x105Black said:

I did something similar with the Battle of Atlantis set.  Got 3 of them, and all of the pieces will be useful.  I'd like to get at least 2 or 3 of this set as well, mostly for the thestrals.

Wow, you must be millionaires.

9 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Not at all.  I bought two of the Battle of Atlantis set, one of them at a discount, and got the third set as a gift.  I don't usually buy many sets, and there wasn't a lot I was looking for at the time, so this was the same as buying a couple of different sets over a couple of months in my eyes.

Edited by x105Black

11 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I hope you are joking the battle of atlantis set is like $16.  It is a nice army builder.  And I too will be picking up at least 3 of the thestral sets.

23 hours ago, hotdogs11 said:

They probably have a plan for another wave or two.

I don't see anything on the LEGO website.

Do you maybe have a link to the page you're talking about, Falconfan1414?

35 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Perhaps the part of the castle we see here are hints to what we'll find in the D2C

Nope. Just the generic view of year 1-2 Hogwarts.

1 minute ago, deskp said:

Nope. Just the generic view of year 1-2 Hogwarts.

Oh yeah. Aw. I think at this point I'm just clinging onto any slight sliver of information we get