Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

31 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Just got some more bits of HP and FB:

71022 3.99 EUR

the carriage from FB will cost 29.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

the “tree with car” 49.99 EUR

aragog in the forest 19.99 EUR

two more sets (39.99 EUR and 69.99 EUR), one has to be the suitcase.

I expected the carriage to be €29,99 generally in Europe and in the Netherlands its likely going to cost €32,99. Great Hall for €99,99 was not what I expected. I thought it was going to be at least €119,00.

One question though; where did you get this, assuming it's real?

Edited by Orange Leader
Just ooooooooone question!

32 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

71022 3.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

Thank you once again for valuable info :sweet:
I hope the carriage is the wrong price, it has been going back and forth with 20-30$, but landed on 20$ so hopefully it will land on 20EUR as well :wacko: It is only 132 pieces, but the Thestral is a piece of art *huh*

As I understand you have seen the suitcase set, what do you think it will cost (40 or 70 EUR)?

53 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

71022 3.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

German price or french price? this is not the same price between the both countries ^^

Sir do you confirm that 71022 is the CMF for HP?

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

71022 3.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

Why does the carriage cost 30€?! Only ~130 pieces, should be 20€ at most!

I know people keep asking about the Great Hall in the UCS Hogwarts and whether it will be there... but it just reminds me of the Final Duel set with the Emperor... which had a smaller version in the Death Star. There's no reason it won't be there... but I can certainly see both sides of it.

Why omit a large part of the full Hogwarts set if people just want to buy one single, large set... but why bother putting too much of a hall in there when there's so much else to do and there's a well sized one available. Surely reasonable thinking would put some kind of hall in there with a view to connecting the second set. Similar to the add on 4867 to 4842... only in reverse in that you get the smaller set first.

5 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

71022 3.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

Thanks Sir von Lego!

The carriage price is a bit higher than I thought it would be, so that's a shame. If it had been 20 euro I'd have certainly bought it in an instant, whereas now I'll probably wait a while. The Great Hall price is excellent! Probably my most anticipated set of the year. :wub:

Can't wait to see the Whomping Willow set! Most likely I'll fall for that too... and the whole CMF series... oh dear, what have I gotten into.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

I know people keep asking about the Great Hall in the UCS Hogwarts and whether it will be there... but it just reminds me of the Final Duel set with the Emperor... which had a smaller version in the Death Star. There's no reason it won't be there... but I can certainly see both sides of it.

Why omit a large part of the full Hogwarts set if people just want to buy one single, large set... but why bother putting too much of a hall in there when there's so much else to do and there's a well sized one available. Surely reasonable thinking would put some kind of hall in there with a view to connecting the second set. Similar to the add on 4867 to 4842... only in reverse in that you get the smaller set first.

Those sets were released several years apart. Also the throne room takes up way less pieces than completely building another great hall would. I think Legos idea is that if you can afford the huge $500-600 Hogwarts you can probably also afford to buy the great hall, which is why they made the most iconic part of the castle separate and cheaper for everyone else. 

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

Those sets were released several years apart. Also the throne room takes up way less pieces than completely building another great hall would. I think Legos idea is that if you can afford the huge $500-600 Hogwarts you can probably also afford to buy the great hall, which is why they made the most iconic part of the castle separate and cheaper for everyone else. 

They were both available at the same time. The throne room was actually discounted if bought with the Death Star.

40 minutes ago, Robianco said:

They were both available at the same time. The throne room was actually discounted if bought with the Death Star.

You're thinking of the Death Star re-release. the original was made without a throne room released separately 

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

You're thinking of the Death Star re-release. the original was made without a throne room released separately 

The original was available from 2008-2016, and the throne room came out in 2014, so they were both out at the same time. Another example would be the Gandalf and Saruman duel set- it was a separate $13 set but the scene was recreated in the $200 Tower of Orthanc as well. However, I hope they don’t put a Great Hall in the D2C, and if they do it better be very impressive. The $100 set is fine, and I don’t want lots of pieces devoted to a second Hall. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The original was available from 2008-2016, and the throne room came out in 2014, so they were both out at the same time. Another example would be the Gandalf and Saruman duel set- it was a separate $13 set but the scene was recreated in the $200 Tower of Orthanc as well. However, I hope they don’t put a Great Hall in the D2C, and if they do it better be very impressive. The $100 set is fine, and I don’t want lots of pieces devoted to a second Hall. 

Those are good points and I agree. I mean, why would they put the pegs on the Great Hall if it wasn't meant to connect to the castle?

It can go both ways, I hope is only one great hall and that all the sets connect, but not sure..

Lets look at another angle to the mystery: the whomping willow! What is the point of having the WW set connect to the GH set? The WW is like Hagrid's Hut in many ways, it is located on the Hogwarts grounds, but it is not connected to the main castle so why go to the trouble of connecting it when it is fine as a solitary set?! Are more future sets connecting to it like the shrieking shack or is the point that they connect to the d2c? I am pretty sure the d2c wont have a WW in it, if it has a GH we will see.. If they all connect the d2c do not need a GH or a WW, but will get them both from the smaller sets, if that is the case I think it is a very bold and smart move from Lego :classic:

These aren't lego, but the castle was sold in parts for the 3D puzzle:

Image result for harry potter hogwarts 3d puzzleImage result for harry potter hogwarts 3d puzzle

Part of the fun of the old HP sets were collecting numerous sets and then putting them together. I'm really crossing my fingers for ONE Great Hall.

Buuuuuuut if there ends up being two Great Halls...I could live with it! I'd just be happy HP is back and I probably could mod one Great Hall into a tower.

7 minutes ago, joeee said:

These aren't lego, but the castle was sold in parts for the 3D puzzle:

The Great Hall is the same that the futur lego Great Hall :o

Maybe the D2C will be the same that this castle.....

Is suitcase 40€ or 70€? I hope it is 70 because we can get cheap CoG set and a big detailed suitcase with all first movie characters.

2 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Those are good points and I agree. I mean, why would they put the pegs on the Great Hall if it wasn't meant to connect to the castle?

Per the press release, the  GH connects to the Whomping Willow set in some way.

22 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Per the press release, the  GH connects to the Whomping Willow set in some way.

Or maybe you can just place it next to each other? It's only 50€ and is supposed to include only a tree and a car, we haven't had even rumors about part of the castle.

4 hours ago, Robianco said:

Available at the same time is different from being released in the same wave. Those two sets were released about 6 years apart. Just because the UCS Death Star exists doesn't mean they would never make any other smaller sets depicting it

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Available at the same time is different from being released in the same wave. Those two sets were released about 6 years apart. Just because the UCS Death Star exists doesn't mean they would never make any other smaller sets depicting it

That's true in that case but there are others such as the Tower of Orthanc and the Wizard battle sets came out at the same time and the Wizard battle had a slightly bigger version of the throne room and cheaper variants of the characters. I doubt they'll include one with the D2C along with the separate one though

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

The point being that 6 months or so before the relaunch of the flagship SW set they released an expanded version of a small part of that set with exactly the same minifigures. Same as having the small wizard battle set that preceded Orthanc. There’s a precedent set whereby Lego are happy to double up on spaces and characters.

Hogwarts might be different but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some kind of Hall space in the UCS set. Just because there’s a stand-alone section doesn’t mean they won’t include it. The possible modular nature of the build might indicate it’s not... but I just wouldn’t be surprised if it was, at least to some small degree.

In an ideal world it wouldn’t be. The hall would attach to another part of the build, either the Willow and an expanded part of the grounds, or more of the castle itself (or potentially both).