Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

20 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Oh, sorry. Can you imagine if there was a $600 case though :laugh:

Imagine all the terrains for animals! That would be so incredible. But we are getting D2C Hogwarts, not suitcase.

I mean, if Hogwarts is $600 my heart would be fine with that, but not my wallet. (And a $600 case would be really awesome, but not before Hogwarts or Hogsmeade)

I have a question regarding the rumoured D2C Hogwarts set. Do you guys think in the D2C set we are going to be getting another Great Hall or does it connect to the one sold seperatly?

14 minutes ago, topiku said:

I have a question regarding the rumoured D2C Hogwarts set. Do you guys think in the D2C set we are going to be getting another Great Hall or does it connect to the one sold seperatly?

It will probably connect to the one sold separately due to the fact it has connector pegs on the back of it. It D2C could possibly have the back wall though as it's not included in the Great Hall

19 minutes ago, topiku said:

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past a different version of the Hall on the D2C set.

I just find hard to picture a D2C Hogwarts without the two most iconic aspects of the castle that is the main tower and the Great Hall.

Edited by HarryPotter

15 hours ago, x105Black said:

That's fair.

But it's not exactly true.  For example, I'm a big fan of the thestral.

Just joking around.  The thestral is really cool.

I am so excited that we are getting new HP/ FB sets! 

When do you think we are getting new pictures of the sets because I can‘t wait to see all of them!

Haven't really been following this thread so forgive me if it has already been said but what are the odds of us getting a Percival Graves figure? I really like his design and would love a figure of him.

2 hours ago, topiku said:

I am so excited that we are getting new HP/ FB sets! 

When do you think we are getting new pictures of the sets because I can‘t wait to see all of them!

Your guess is as good as any.. I think Lego will release pictures of sets before the leaker's get them to keep the hype at maximum, but only a guess. So the next one could come today, next week, next month or we may wait most of the summer :wacko:

22 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Haven't really been following this thread so forgive me if it has already been said but what are the odds of us getting a Percival Graves figure? I really like his design and would love a figure of him.

Well it is possible he is the main antagonist in the first movie, but we are still missing all of the main characters in FB except Gellert Grindelwald with only 1-2 sets to go in the first wave :sceptic: CMF maybe or second wave is also possible :wink:

14 hours ago, topiku said:

I would expect the D2C set to include a version of the Great Hall.

14 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past a different version of the Hall on the D2C set.

I just find hard to picture a D2C Hogwarts without the two most iconic aspects of the castle that is the main tower and the Great Hall.

Same here.

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

Same here.

I can see the Hogwarts Hall set being like a miniature version of the D2C for the people who won't be able to afford it.

I really am interested to see what the UCS Hogwarts includes.  

My original guess was that it would be just larger versions of Great Hall and Main Tower, the two most iconic parts of the castle, but I guess it will be otherwise.

I don't see them including another Great Hall, but I could imagine a larger version of the main tower to give that iconic Hogwarts sillhouette. I feel like it will be to scale and include some other recognizable parts of the castle, such as the Quad, Clock Tower, Gryffindor Tower, and possibly a small Greenhouse or Hagrid's Hut.

Also, very excited to see what this retailer exclusive will be (if the rumor is true). My guess is definitely a Hogwarts Express!

7 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Probably not in first wave. We are getting only two sets from Crimes of Grindelwald. One of them has only two minifigures. Maybe in second wave.

Purely a guess on my part, but I would imagine it to be something in line with the Disney Castle and Joker Manor (only about twice as big).  A very well done one sided representation of Hogwarts, but when you turn it around you get a bunch of mini scenes from the movies. According to the press release from the Great Hall, it is designed to connect to the Whomping Willow I would be extremely disappointed if the great hall connects, as it would make the scale for the tower way too small for $570. 

Edited by RyanMe
spelling

22 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Purely a guess on my part, but I would imagine it to be something in line with the Disney Castle and Joker Manor (only about twice as big).  A very well done one sided representation of Hogwarts, but when you turn it around you get a bunch of mini scenes from the movies. According to the press release from the Great Hall, it is designed to connect to the Whomping Willow I would be extremely disappointed if the great hall connects, as it would make the scale for the tower way too small for $570. 

I hope it is only $500. I can only spend so much money.

I actually doubt there's a Great Hall in the UCS. Why buy the Great Hall if there is one included in the UCS that could be bigger and better? That would be stupid and redudant. I think Great Hall attaches to the rest of it. As for rooms, DADA office, Chamber of Secrets, Astronomy tower, Girl's bathroom, Dumbledore's office, Room of Requirements, Greenhouse, Gryffindor Common Room. Something like that.

58 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I actually doubt there's a Great Hall in the UCS. Why buy the Great Hall if there is one included in the UCS that could be bigger and better? That would be stupid and redudant. I think Great Hall attaches to the rest of it. As for rooms, DADA office, Chamber of Secrets, Astronomy tower, Girl's bathroom, Dumbledore's office, Room of Requirements, Greenhouse, Gryffindor Common Room. Something like that.

I agree that it would be redundant, but if you have the money to buy the UCS, you are likely the type of person who is going to buy all the HP sets regardless.  If you can't afford the UCS, the Great Hall set has real appeal.  Also, why would the press release specifically say it connects to the whomping willow, but not mention the UCS.  Neither set has been confirmed by Lego, so it isn't like they were only revealing information about known sets.

6 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

If you can't afford the UCS, the Great Hall set has real appeal

That's my line of thought as well, people who aren't able to afford the UCS will most likely get the Great Hall set.

Maybe the UCS will include an extension of the great hall that includes Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw and raises the tower at the top?

Sort've like how playmobil has add-ons for their castles that add tower and wall segments you basically plug in.

2 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Hey, @Sir von Lego, do you know whether the D2C will have a Great Hall or if it'll just connect to the separate one?

Everyone is always asking @Sir von Lego something or other.

Edited by hotdogs11

Already starting my fund for the D2C Hogwarts! Yesterday I found a gift waiting for me on the sidewalk. $200 cash! 

I can't imagine them making you buy a $100 great hull to add to a $600 castle. Doesn't make since. I think the great hall will be included in the D2C.