Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Another set, and... it is rather dissaponting. I mean it is a great set, with great build, but it is boring for me. Picqueary minifig is cool, but no skirt printing and Grindelwald is weird. There is no his weird second eye, and the hairpiece isn't a good choice. I think he looks like Ollivander. Like I said, the build is great, and Thestral is incredible. But I hope we get another Crimes of Grindelwald set, with at least Newt and Dumbledore.

Do we know the set number?

As already said, 75951

12 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

As already said, 75951

Thanks.

So actually, we know nothing about other sets! We have seen 75954 and 75951, we know about 75953, but 75951 was supposed to be Newt's Suitcase. So I think nothing is confirmed about 75950, 75952, 75955 and 75956.

The New set looks pretty nice, I mean the Thestral looks amazing and Is the best part of the set. The carriage is neat, nothing special, it serves it's purpose, but I have seen better carriage builds. Seraphim's looks great, then there is Grindelwald, that hair piece does not work well with him at all and brings the set down. I'm exited but confused what sets are still coming. Was this he third FB set we heard rumors about? Are the rest of the sets still coming?

Having seen the trailer, I think Grindelwald could have used either the Snape or Master Luke Skywalker hair. The slicked-back style isn't close to either his FB style or the COG style.

An important character like Grindlewald being this wrong, I worry for the rest of the figures.

50 minutes ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

What if we've all been wrong and the UCS Hogwarts is actually FB based 

I doubt that, FB has less than a quarter of the fanbase or pulling power of hp, and hp has far more source material to draw from.

1 minute ago, deskp said:

An important character like Grindlewald being this wrong, I worry for the rest of the figures.

I dunno, in the Great Hall they have Dumbledore and the students who, in my opinion, TLG absolutely nailed, even if Grindelwald is a bit of a disappointment 

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

I doubt that, FB has less than a quarter of the fanbase or pulling power of hp, and hp has far more source material to draw from.

They could do a mix. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, to be honest

Awesome set! The Thestral is an amazing mold and the wings look beautiful (are they a new mold or the small Elves dragon wings)? I love carriages so I’m glad to get another one. Great to see Seraphina even if her dress piece is unprinted, and I think Grindelwald is good enough. However, what happened to the color they use for Malfoy? That color is perfect for many characters across a range of themes (Elsa, Black Widow, Grindelwald) and yet I haven’t seen it on a figure recently except for the new Draco. I think the figure doesn’t really need the dual colored eyes since Lego minifigures don’t usually have colored eyes anyway. 

54 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I dunno, in the Great Hall they have Dumbledore and the students who, in my opinion, TLG absolutely nailed, even if Grindelwald is a bit of a disappointment 

Well I mean the figures from the new movie. Which is always harder that legacy films.

8 minutes ago, deskp said:

Well I mean the figures from the new movie. Which is always harder that legacy films.

Ah, I see. I agree on that. Hopefully the other sets will have better figs in

7 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

i don't think so: look: Great hall: true /

Whomping Willow : true

and Fb set: true

Just a problem with characters

Not just the characters now, the set numbers aren't adding up either, this was supposed to be newts suitcase.

Grindelwald looks like Admiral Yularen shaved off his moustache and went to the Wizarding World themed Death Star ball dressed as Grindelwald. 

9 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

They could do a mix. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, to be honest

Yes something like MF with old and new crew in one set! I am almost certain the d2c will not solely have figs from FB, but I am not so sure it will only have HP figs either :sceptic: They have to put the FB figs somewhere in the line..

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Not just the characters now, the set numbers aren't adding up either, this was supposed to be newts suitcase.

Glad it is not Newts suitcase, to do it justice it should be much bigger, could even be a d2c at some point not a small 20$ set :thumbup: Hard to now which rumors to trust some are definitely right, but not everything  *huh*

I don't know why people are being so negative - I think that the Thestral and the carriage are great builds, and the MACUSA president looks amazing. The lack of skirt printing is disappointing but the rest of her minifig looks great.

What I'm worried about is Grindelwald - he's portrayed to have a moustache and beard in the trailer, but his minifig is clean shaven. Does this mean that he shaves it all off at some point during the movie, or did Lego get it wrong again?

Honestly, Grindelwalds Escape is such a waste of a set. The Thestral is amazing and it’s great to get Grindelwald but why would the second figure be Seriphina Piquery? Out of all the characters, it should be young dumbledore, then that leaves the second FB set to include the main cast (Newt, Jacob, Tina, etc.)

I’m going to modify this set to make it a Hogwarts Thestral Carriage. I think that’s what most of us are going to do!

21 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Why are people complaining about the Grindelwald minifigure? I think he looks great.

Cause he looks nothing like the movie.

Yes!! That is perfect to be a Hogwarts carriage for my set!

Related image

Now that I think about it....does Grindelwald steal a HOGWARTS carriage because his is being pulled my Thestrals too! *gasp*

Edited by joeee

I don’t understand why people are complaining about unique and special minifigures? Seraphina Picquery is an amazing inclusion! Let’s just enjoy it. We all know that a young Dumbledore  along with Jacob, Queenie and Tina are gonna come sooner or later...