Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 2/26/2018 at 1:30 PM, gedren_y said:

My comment about the founders in the CMF wasn't a wish, but pure speculation based on the oversized number of figs expected and the leaks others posted from the upcoming book. Twenty-two is six over the original CMF model, though some of those could be Fantastic Beasts figs.

Y'know, yeah; it's certainly a possibility. Man, that would be awesome. :)

13 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Then again, Sir Von Lego confirmed that the leaked description was "really good" based on what he had seen on the other toy fair. So your theory might not be too far-fetched.

Well, the overall impression that I got from that was that SvL was doing his best to answer the questions of all the HP fans to the best of his ability. It's certainly an incredibly vague statement for anyone to make, irrespective of we already knew. In all honesty, I wouldn't place any value on it in and of itself.

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

In years past the largest set of Hogwarts itself was the Great Hall, but that isn't the case this time around. Could part of the problem be that some people were relayed bits of information about the largest set, which was assumed to be the Great Hall? Add to that a number of changes made to the actual Great Hall set, and you have a recipe for confusion.

No... the largest set (with the exception of that awesome Diagon Alley kit that was released in 2011) was always "Hogwarts Castlk".

Incidentally, the Great Hall is the largest single "chunk" of the castle, but TLG obviously has no control over that. It'll always stand a the "biggest set of Hogwarts itself".

We will be getting a separate "Hogwarts Castle" kit this Fall.

Edited by Azani

8 hours ago, gedren_y said:

In years past the largest set of Hogwarts itself was the Great Hall, but that isn't the case this time around. Could part of the problem be that some people were relayed bits of information about the largest set, which was assumed to be the Great Hall? Add to that a number of changes made to the actual Great Hall set, and you have a recipe for confusion.

Well it could be, but usually the "leakers" know very little about the D2C sets so long before it is released.. What we should get more info about sooner rather than later is the normal sets in the wave, I think a lot of pieces will fill out the puzzle when we see a picture of the ww set :classic:

So the price for the Great Hall will be $100 dollars in the US, so it will probably be around €120 in the Netherlands. But here's the twist: €120 is almost $150... Being Dutch sucks...

18 minutes ago, GriffindorForLife said:

So the price for the Great Hall will be $100 dollars in the US, so it will probably be around €120 in the Netherlands. But here's the twist: €120 is almost $150... Being Dutch sucks...

US prices are without tax while your Euro price has it included. Most probably that doesn't bridge the whole difference but it is definitely not as big as your simple comparison suggests.

1 hour ago, sahidko said:

US prices are without tax while your Euro price has it included. Most probably that doesn't bridge the whole difference but it is definitely not as big as your simple comparison suggests.

Oh really? Never knew that :)

US sales taxes are imposed by the individual states. They can vary considerably between states, and are subject to temporary increases by ballot measure for specific funding needs. LEGO pricing in the US accounts for that. Currency rate exchange plus your own country's tax policies are the likely the reason for large discrepancies in pricing.

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

US sales taxes are imposed by the individual states. They can vary considerably between states, and are subject to temporary increases by ballot measure for specific funding needs. LEGO pricing in the US accounts for that. Currency rate exchange plus your own country's tax policies are the likely the reason for large discrepancies in pricing.

So you move in the low tax state, don't you? 

2 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

So you move in the low tax state, don't you? 

Then you have to take into account other taxes, such as state income tax and property taxes. I live in Texas, which has 6.25% sales tax, BUT, there is an additional 2% optional tax that the city can (and does) levy. I've yet to ever pay only 6.25%. Texas doesn't have a state income tax, but we do have a property tax. Each state has it's own taxation scheme. If they don't get you one way, they'll do it another.

To bring it around, sales tax on LEGO is not accounted for in the US MSRP.

On 22/02/2018 at 4:01 PM, ETELENZOS92 said:

Maybe the new Dumbledore hair is fine for Lucius Malfoy too...

It will be good for Gandalf too, better than the old one. And doesn't need to be cut like the cat-lady hair from the CMF to fit about the beard.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

2018-02-17-04.20.37.jpg?fit=1920,1280&ss

is this the goblet of fire in face to Quirrel?

That is a neat place to keep the spare house flags.  I don't know if it's been noted but under the teachers table you can see what appears to be the flags of two houses.

3 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

That is a neat place to keep the spare house flags.  I don't know if it's been noted but under the teachers table you can see what appears to be the flags of two houses.

That's a prototype of the Mirror of Erised, not the spare house flags, the two flags both have two different house logos, one on each side.

It is a small chance the sticker sheet comes with extra house flags, so it is possible to have the same house on both flags I guess :sceptic: Some of the trains have extra numbers to put on the carriages, but I think the chance is fairly low on such big stickers as this :classic:

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

It is a small chance the sticker sheet comes with extra house flags, so it is possible to have the same house on both flags I guess :sceptic: Some of the trains have extra numbers to put on the carriages, but I think the chance is fairly low on such big stickers as this :classic:

Wouldn't hope...

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The D2C may come with extra banners attached to where the Great Hall attaches, so you could have all four banners on display at once.

Just now, Mata_Nui said:

The D2C may come with extra banners attached to where the Great Hall attaches, so you could have all four banners on display at once.

Yeah, that would be cool. The other side of the Great hall would be cool too but I doubt they'd add that in

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, that would be cool. The other side of the Great hall would be cool too but I doubt they'd add that in

I’m expecting the D2C to be completely open around the back like the Disney Castle, which I’m 100% okay with. I love open back sets since it’s easy to get into and opens up a lot of play possibilities, while sets that are completely closed often have smaller interiors. Plus, with an open backed set, they can do a lot more in terms of size with a certain amount of bricks as opposed to an enclosed set with the same amount of bricks. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m expecting the D2C to be completely open around the back like the Disney Castle, which I’m 100% okay with. I love open back sets since it’s easy to get into and opens up a lot of play possibilities, while sets that are completely closed often have smaller interiors. Plus, with an open backed set, they can do a lot more in terms of size with a certain amount of bricks as opposed to an enclosed set with the same amount of bricks. 

I never thought of it that way. What I really what is the perfect mix of interior and exterior so I won't complain if that happens

Has it been confirmed that there is a D2C Hogwarts?  I know there's been a lot of fairly credible talk.  If so, has it been confirmed that a large portion of (Great Hall) will be missing from the D2C Hogwarts set?  Or is that just more speculation?

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I want to add to cocabottle's comment that that place also won't be there in the real set (to make it $20,- cheaper). So even if the flags fit in there you will have to add it in yourself. But the idea is nice.

4 hours ago, cocabottle said:

That's a prototype of the Mirror of Erised, not the spare house flags, the two flags both have two different house logos, one on each side.

The two sided flags were confirmed to come in the set in the description, so cocabottle is correct here

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Has it been confirmed that there is a D2C Hogwarts?  I know there's been a lot of fairly credible talk.  If so, has it been confirmed that a large portion of (Great Hall) will be missing from the D2C Hogwarts set?  Or is that just more speculation?

It’s mostly rumours and especulation, for now.

3 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

What I really what is the perfect mix of interior and exterior so I won't complain if that happens

That is, in my opinion, the biggest problem with Hogwarts.

it’s a set that needs to be appealing on both the interior and the exterior.

but personally, I’d rather have a Hogwarts with tons of rooms and playability on the interior than a gorgeous Hogwarts with subpar playability.

I find it most likely that the D2C is possible to connect to the normal sets like great hall, so I expect it to have the same style :classic: With a very nice front and a open back with a lot of details, some parts maybe possible to close like the ghostbuster HQ I guess :classic: