Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I just found out that there's going to be one retro police minifigure (1x) for every box of Lego CMF18. It doesn't affect me much coz I've never collected CMF with a completist approach but I hate it.

I hope this won't be the case for HP CMF coz this might be the first CMF set I will collect them all.

38 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Many LEGO minifigures have had colored eyes before, but it's true that eyes with irises and sclera look a bit out-of-place in LEGO. So Dobby's eyes would need to be all black, with no whites to fit the LEGO design scheme, but they would be too large and would fail to match the book and film. 

There degrees right. So I think it works out fine to keep the white and replace the iris with what looks like a normal lego eye. It's perfectly common to stylize any eye with just making it black.  So it works out both for lego and as an overall cartoonification.

250px-75142-yoda.png

22 minutes ago, summicron said:

I just found out that there's going to be one retro police minifigure (1x) for every box of Lego CMF18. It doesn't affect me much coz I've never collected CMF with a completist approach but I hate it.

I hope this won't be the case for HP CMF coz this might be the first CMF set I will collect them all.

There likely will be 6 figures you only find 2 of in each case. the rest 3 in a case.

Edited by deskp

2 hours ago, summicron said:

Most likely it will not, the police minfig is the birthday fig so it makes sense to have only one. In addition he look really outdated compared to the rest so will not be very popular anyway I guess..

With the HP CMF series it is the first time we have gotten 22 figs so the distribution is harder to predict, but I am sure no fig will come just one in a case. I presume it is no army-builders ( except maybe a dementor) so probably 2-3 of each fig.. My plan is to buy one case and keep one of each for the first time (if there is a fig with a new animal mould or a dementor fig I may keep all those) :wink:

50 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Most likely it will not, the police minfig is the birthday fig so it makes sense to have only one. In addition he look really outdated compared to the rest so will not be very popular anyway I guess..

With the HP CMF series it is the first time we have gotten 22 figs so the distribution is harder to predict, but I am sure no fig will come just one in a case. I presume it is no army-builders ( except maybe a dementor) so probably 2-3 of each fig.. My plan is to buy one case and keep one of each for the first time (if there is a fig with a new animal mould or a dementor fig I may keep all those) :wink:

the cmf will be focused on 1-2. that would be awesome! lockart, dobby, and a lot of characters, i guess

21 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

the cmf will be focused on 1-2.

Are you sure about that. Seem extremely limiting when theres 4 sets to cover those films already.

After the 4 sets there's hardly 22 characters left in the 2 films. *huh* 

Great to see the designer Nabii answering questions about the wave and set! You did a great job. 

Interesting that it has a flavour of year 3... hopefully there’s more year 1/2 sets for the future planned! 

I haven’t been this intrigued and excited about Lego for a good 3 years so do we any idea when we will get pictures of the other sets? 

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

the cmf will be focused on 1-2. that would be awesome! lockart, dobby, and a lot of characters, i guess

Well, that's awesome. So many characters to collect. There is still hope for 4 CMFs!

52 minutes ago, deskp said:

Are you sure about that. Seem extremely limiting when theres 4 sets to cover those films already.

Well it is possible I guess :sceptic:

If we look at the rumoured list, these figs are most likely not in one of the 4(3) sets:

1. Harry Potter
  2. Ron Weasley
  3. Hermione Granger
  4. James Potter
  5. Lily Potter
  6. Fred Weasley
  7. George Weasley
  8. Vernon Dursley
  9. Petunia Dursley
  10. Dudley Dursley
  11. The Bloody Baron
  12. The Grey Lady
  13. The Fat Friar
  14. Moaning Myrtle

"Missing" from the great hall set:

1. Neville Longbottom
  2. Professor Severus Snape
  3. Filch

Other important characters missing:

1. Dobby
  2. Gilderoy Lockhart
  3. Filius Flitwick
  4. Poppy Pomfrey
  5. Pomona Sprout
  6. Ginny Weasley
  7. Lucius Malfoy

+ a lot of students like:

1. Gregory Goyl
  2. Vincent Crabbe
  3. Dean Thomas
  4. Seamus Finnigan
  5. Etc

So maybe if they include some from PoA for flavour as well, but hardly if we bring the D2C Hogwarts into the mix *huh*

2 hours ago, deskp said:

No, but i just read what Mark said : 1 and 2 with just a little bit of 3. For me, the little bit of 3 is : the probably quidditch set / ford anglia escape

39 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Well it is possible I guess :sceptic:

If we look at the rumoured list, these figs are most likely not in one of the 4(3) sets:

1. Harry Potter
  2. Ron Weasley
  3. Hermione Granger
  4. James Potter
  5. Lily Potter
  6. Fred Weasley
  7. George Weasley
  8. Vernon Dursley
  9. Petunia Dursley
  10. Dudley Dursley
  11. The Bloody Baron
  12. The Grey Lady
  13. The Fat Friar
  14. Moaning Myrtle

"Missing" from the great hall set:

1. Neville Longbottom
  2. Professor Severus Snape
  3. Filch

Other important characters missing:

1. Dobby
  2. Gilderoy Lockhart
  3. Filius Flitwick
  4. Poppy Pomfrey
  5. Pomona Sprout
  6. Ginny Weasley
  7. Lucius Malfoy

+ a lot of students like:

1. Gregory Goyl
  2. Vincent Crabbe
  3. Dean Thomas
  4. Seamus Finnigan
  5. Etc

So maybe if they include some from PoA for flavour as well, but hardly if we bring the D2C Hogwarts into the mix *huh*

You forgot : Arthur weasley, molly weasley,  in the second movie, students from ravenclaw,... peeve, cornelius fudge (2nd movie),... tom riddle

Edited by Black Numenorean

34 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Does anyone know how the Voldemort side of the Quirell head is looking like?

Pictures were posted here a day or two ago. 

4 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Does anyone know how the Voldemort side of the Quirell head is looking like?

Search #legoharrypotter on instagram.

And in Blocks Magazine 2018-02 ...
jpvshp.jpg.e696b1b4c05ed3ee2f967a4bc3aeb354.jpg

1 hour ago, summicron said:

Search #legoharrypotter on instagram.

And in Blocks Magazine 2018-02 ...
jpvshp.jpg.e696b1b4c05ed3ee2f967a4bc3aeb354.jpg

It amazes me how many times I hear people say “why Harry Potter? There hasn’t been any movies for years”. :sceptic: You’ve only got to see the crowds at the WB Harry Potter studio tour and platform 9 and 3/4 at Kings Cross station or the sellout HP and the Cursed Child to know the popularity of HP has not waned. LEGO know this, and they also know that many kids who grew up with HP now have disposable income. The nostalgia value is huge on this one and I can’t wait to see what LEGO come up with.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

1. Harry Potter
  2. Ron Weasley
  3. Hermione Granger

:laugh_hard: seems legit

Anyway do you guys think we'll get an exclusive print on the stands like in the batman movie?

8 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

No, but i just read what Mark said : 1 and 2 with just a little bit of 3.

Didn't he specify say the sets.  The minifigure line is  separate, as is the brickheadz.   "We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour"

Sure there is a load of students and weasleys left, But generally each minifigure in cmf tries to do something a bit special or noteworthy.

In the great hall the little bit of 3 is the students torso prints.  And Scabbers didn't matter until 3rd film.

Edited by deskp

46 minutes ago, Markalus said:

It amazes me how many times I hear people say “why Harry Potter? There hasn’t been any movies for years”. :sceptic: You’ve only got to see the crowds at the WB Harry Potter studio tour and platform 9 and 3/4 at Kings Cross station or the sellout HP and the Cursed Child to know the popularity of HP has not waned. LEGO know this, and they also know that many kids who grew up with HP now have disposable income. The nostalgia value is huge on this one and I can’t wait to see what LEGO come up with.

Add to that the Pottermore website, NEW BOOKS, and the fact that J. K. is an active Twitter poser. Don't forget that Harry Potter was popular well before the movies. And those original books still exist, still can enthrall new readers, create new fans.

Because it began with a single author, rather the collaborative effort that is a movie, it doesn't generate the same level of content across various media as Star Wars, but Harry Potter does have a growing fan base that looks poised to last generations. It means that as long as Lego holds the license, they can make sets that will sell despite the lack of a major motion picture release. The fact that there is one slated to open this year will definitely increase sales, but I think the sets based on the Wizarding World would sell regardless. How many of you Potter fans would love sets based on scenes as they are described in the books that the movies didn't quite get right, or left out entirely?

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

:laugh_hard: seems legit

I was expecting a comment about that from people sleeping in class :tongue: It is obviously the 3 rumoured figs in the CMF I am talking about:

1. Harry Potter – accessories include the Sorting Hat and a cape which could probably be the Cloak of Invisibility.
  2. Ron Weasley – accessories include a cape and that Chocolate Frog from the Hogwarts Express scene.
  3. Hermione Granger – accessories include cape, magic wand, and book with printing (perhaps her spell book).

Off course Harry will be in every set most likely, Ron (and maybe Hermione) in several sets as well! That do not change the fact that they will almost certainly each have another version in the CMF, so that is way I included them in the list.. You should be glad it is not like Batman, then we would get 5 harry figs and 5 versions of other main figs that came in several sets also :sick:

9 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

No, but i just read what Mark said : 1 and 2 with just a little bit of 3. For me, the little bit of 3 is : the probably quidditch set / ford anglia escape

You forgot : Arthur weasley, molly weasley,  in the second movie, students from ravenclaw,... peeve, cornelius fudge (2nd movie),... tom riddle

The question still remains; the sets ok (only from 1-2), but what about the CMF (could be only from 1-2) and the huge Hogwarts D2C (personally I have more doubts that it only have figs from 1-2)..

I really really doubt the CMFs will be based on years 1-2

Wasn't a Dementor rumored? That would be a huge army builder so I don't think they would include it in the the D2C Hogwarts

I suspect the missing characters from the list could be alternate versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione

Licensed series tend to include more than one version of 1 character

Batman Movie had 5 Batmans (or Batmen hehe), 2 Jokers and 2 Barbaras

Ninjago Movie had 2 Lloys and 3 Garmadons

Batman Moive 2 had 2 Alfreds, 2 Batgirls and 2 Batmans

So, I wouldn't be surprised if this series includes 2 Harrys, 2Rons and 2Hermiones, like wearing pajamas or something

Edited by Robert8

26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I really really doubt the CMFs will be based on years 1-2

Wasn't a Dementor rumored? That would be a huge army builder so I don't think they would include it in the the D2C Hogwarts

So, I wouldn't be surprised if this series includes 2 Harrys, 2Rons and 2Hermiones, like wearing pajamas or something

There was rumoured 2x dementors in the great hall, they where not there as we now know.. They could turn up in both the CMF and D2C :wink:

I really hope the CMF has only one of Harry, Ron and Hermione, but you could be right :sadnew:

3 hours ago, deskp said:

Didn't he specify say the sets.  The minifigure line is  separate, as is the brickheadz.   "We based these sets on movies 1 and 2 with a few bits from 3 added for flavour"

Sure there is a load of students and weasleys left, But generally each minifigure in cmf tries to do something a bit special or noteworthy.

In the great hall the little bit of 3 is the students torso prints.  And Scabbers didn't matter until 3rd film.

scabbers are in the 1, 2 and 3 books and movie.

The cmf with 22 characters based on 1-2

1) Harry potter not in uniform (dursley's home)

2) Harry with gryffindor uniform

3) Ron with gryffindor uniform

4) Hermione gryffindor uniform

5) Patil (gryffindor)

6) Goyle 

7) Crabe

8) Parkinson

9) Bloody baron

10) Myrtle

11) Tom riddle

12) Cornelius fudge

13) Snape

14) Malfoy father

15) lockart

16) the ghost of Ravenclaw

17) Patil (the sister) from ravenclaw

18) the ghost of Hufpufl

19) Fin flectcher

20) colin crivey

21) Sprout

22)flitchwik

And many others like dursley family, weasley family, snape... There are a lot of minifigs from 1-2

Just now, Black Numenorean said:

1) Harry potter not in uniform (dursley's home)

2) Ron with gryffindor uniform

3) Hermione gryffindor uniform

4) Bloody baron

5) Myrtle

6) Tom riddle

7) Malfoy father

8) lockart

9) the ghost of Ravenclaw

10) the ghost of Hufpufl

11) Sprout

12)flitchwik**

Removed the ones that are    random students, totally dull and Snape which is almost certainly in a set.

Can't have a series with mostly school sweaters. Cmf figures usually justify themselves by standing out from each other or being quirky.  Being a big deal in the book doesn't matter if they look uninteresting and barely was in background of movie.

By uniform you mean their robes?  removed Harry since 3 of those 'uniforms' would be redundant, especially since these kids don't have female features you just need 1 clean.

I'd love a year 1-2 flitwick, he would be a great figure, but I'm not so sure WB wants to promote a character design they changed so much later.

You get away with the likes of Susan bones in the set cause she is an excuse for a hufflepuff sweater and shes just one of many in one go.

10 hours ago, Markalus said:

I think that people are still interesed in Harry Potter. There's a lot of people that love HP around me.

I feel like a dementor figure could use the ectoplasmic ghost legs in solid black to imitate the hanging tattered robes. They could use normal torsos  as well, since the skeleton body and bizarre pogo legs never quite captured the billowing cloaks they wore. They might also do well without an open hood exposing their faces, and they're not afraid to make new pieces...

Edited by 8BrickMario

7 hours ago, deskp said:

Removed the ones that are    random students, totally dull and Snape which is almost certainly in a set.

Can't have a series with mostly school sweaters. Cmf figures usually justify themselves by standing out from each other or being quirky.  Being a big deal in the book doesn't matter if they look uninteresting and barely was in background of movie.

By uniform you mean their robes?  removed Harry since 3 of those 'uniforms' would be redundant, especially since these kids don't have female features you just need 1 clean.

I'd love a year 1-2 flitwick, he would be a great figure, but I'm not so sure WB wants to promote a character design they changed so much later.

You get away with the likes of Susan bones in the set cause she is an excuse for a hufflepuff sweater and shes just one of many in one go.

Well, i would have agreed with you, 10 years ago. But now, they created ravenclaw banners, huflpuff banner and the huflpuf torso. For me, this is a signe that they will create a fews characters. Maybe for the D2c, maybe in CMf.

We will see.

I hope to get at least the main Hogwarts staff (Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid, Snape, Flitwick, Sprout, Trelawney, Madam Hooch, Filch and Madam Pomfrey) either on sets on as CMFs.

Edited by HarryPotter