Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

28 minutes ago, joeee said:

The sets back in 2002 and 2011 were priced 11.99 and 19.99 euros respectively. The latter set did contain two more minifigures but the stand was much smaller.

At 39.99, I am hoping we get more stands or Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes. (Oh! The other day at Universal, I saw they sold SEEKER shirts for each House with: Potter, Malfoy, Diggory and Chang on the back!) I surmise since the Seekers are the most popular players, they might choose these four to represent Quidditch robes from each House.

But in any case, the more expensive price for a Quidditch set must mean it is a bigger set in some way! :)

I think mark gave us a information, last time: he said: the wave is focused on 1-2 movie and a little bit the 3

Maybe this is a quidditch set with all the seekers. Cho and Diggory appeared like seekers in the Third book...

45 minutes ago, joeee said:

At 39.99, I am hoping we get more stands or Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes. (Oh! The other day at Universal, I saw they sold SEEKER shirts for each House with: Potter, Malfoy, Diggory and Chang on the back!) 

I’d rather they didn’t have exclusive back printing like that in a set though. It would really ruin army building. 

So happy that McGonagall has a double sided head. If any character deserves it, it is her. She is by far my favourite character and the figures in 2002 and 2010 didn’t quite do her justice. This one finally does. I would  have preferred her with a dress piece though. Maybe for the DLC..

3 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

It would be wrong because Hermione is a main character, not because it would be sexist. Such an idea that LEGO would be making a statement by denying female minifigures double-sided heads is absurd and has never been seen before.

In fairness, there were times in the past where Lego wasn't great with it's usage of female characters. There were definitely times where they were favoring male characters over female characters (Though that was a prevailing trend in toys for quite some time and still is for some companies, thankfully Lego has improved on that front and is much more progressive than that). So I can see how a person might interpret fewer features for a female character in comparison to male characters as a slight against women, but I definitely don't think that's what's happening here. In terms of unique features Hermione got a completely new hair piece whereas Ron only received a recolor. So if Hermione does have only a single sided face she still comes out pretty even with Ron. Honestly though, I don't see a way that Hermione doesn't get a dual sided head.

I wouldn't feel secure that Mcgonagall gets 2 heads.  Official image have showed more faces than we've gotten before.  Due to her hat she can't have double sided print.

Two heads for her would be a total luxury and I hope it happens. Both the faces are very movie accurate which is ace.

17 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

pictures

This is a really nice comparison, it really puts into perspective how detailed the set is!

@Nabii thank you so much for sharing so much info with us. I am overjoyed you've made a new Quirell (with actual flesh tones!) and I actually prefer him with the black robes, it makes the purple pop more. Can't wait to see what you guys are doing for Lockhart! If the past of LEGO HP and the rumored set list are anything to go by, this line is going to have a few more castle builds, I hope you're involved with all of them.

Thanks, Etelenzos for putting all the faces in one shot for us!

The "determined" alternate faces of the old sets were nice, but I am LOVING the scared expressions! I'm sure they will give Hermione one too! hahaha.

Hermione needs a face print of her rolling her eyes. It seems like every scene of the first two films she was being annoyed by Ron or Harry. :laugh:

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Hermione needs a face print of her rolling her eyes. It seems like every scene of the first two films she was being annoyed by Ron or Harry. :laugh:

I wonder how they'd do that, though, with only pupils...

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

This is exactly what I thought! I imagine they either gave her a very angry one or a scared one though.

16 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

The child characters seem to have 'baby faces' do you think they'll change them with age?

I would be surprised if they don't

I wonder if we'll get a new version of Fluffy considering these sets are mostly based on the first two movies, I'd also hope we get a collectible Lockhart with some of those little pixies.

22 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

I wonder if we'll get a new version of Fluffy considering these sets are mostly based on the first two movies, I'd also hope we get a collectible Lockhart with some of those little pixies.

If these sets do well in the streets (which I bet they wil) I'm sure there will be more portions of the Hogwarts released as separated sets like the Great Hall set

I can see them releasing the third floor corridor and the Underground Chambers as a set. Fluffy would be there (and an alternate version of Quirrell). 

Such set would include Fluffy's chamber, the Devil Snare's room, the Winged Keys chamber, the giant chess room, the potions chamber and the final chamber where the Mirror of Erised is located

Edited by Robert8

45 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If these sets do well in the streets (which I bet they wil) I'm sure there will be more portions of the Hogwarts released as separated sets like the Great Hall set

I can see them releasing the third floor corridor and the Underground Chambers as a set. Fluffy would be there (and an alternate version of Quirrell). 

Such set would include Fluffy's chamber, the Devil Snare's room, the Winged Keys chamber, the giant chess room, the potions chamber and the final chamber where the Mirror of Erised is located

Do not forget the gigantic Hogwarts, we could get some of the locations there also :wink: I am pretty sure it will not include a Chamber of Secrets, since there is a basilisk in the great hall and probably not a moulded fluffy because of the price..

12 hours ago, saysonder said:

Bleh, films . . luckily, that applies to the books too. 

9 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

I wonder how they'd do that, though, with only pupils...

They could align the little white dots upwards, give her raised eyebrows and an open mouth in a sighing expression?

5 hours ago, OneWithTheForce said:

The child characters seem to have 'baby faces' do you think they'll change them with age?

The cmf might have different faces. So older ones makes sense-

Don't think cmf ever reuse faces?

__

I hope we get a new Dobby with black eyes, to make him a bit more sympathetic and fit in with legos normal style.

2v2fjwn.png

Edited by deskp

2 hours ago, deskp said:

I hope we get a new Dobby with black eyes, to make him a bit more sympathetic and fit in with legos normal style.

2v2fjwn.png

I don't. It wouldn't be book or movie accurate since he actually has green eyes...

2 hours ago, deskp said:

I hope we get a new Dobby with black eyes, to make him a bit more sympathetic and fit in with lego's normal style.

I hope they give him a non-rubber head as some of the print came off of my last Dobby.

1 hour ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

I don't. It wouldn't be book or movie accurate since he actually has green eyes...

But it lego dont work out well when you do colored eyes.It should be cohesive.

That last dobby have  creepy eyes.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I hope they give him a non-rubber head as some of the print came off of my last Dobby.

That would be a good thing to have solved this time around. Don't want that nose breaking off either.

36 minutes ago, deskp said:

But it lego dont work out well when you do colored eyes.It should be cohesive.

That last dobby have  creepy eyes.

That would be a good thing to have solved this time around. Don't want that nose breaking off either.

Many LEGO minifigures have had colored eyes before, but it's true that eyes with irises and sclera look a bit out-of-place in LEGO. So Dobby's eyes would need to be all black, with no whites to fit the LEGO design scheme, but they would be too large and would fail to match the book and film. 

Also, Dobby's head is rubber precisely because they don't want his nose or ears breaking off. If it were plastic, it might have been more brittle and fragile. 

One improvement I hope they could devise is exposed lower legs, i.e., flesh on the bottom part to make it look more like a tunic than a bodysuit.