Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, Nabii said:

Hi. Hogwarts Great Hall is one of the sets I've designed.

3 hours ago, Nabii said:

Cheers guys, much appreciate the mostly positive response, very different from Nexo Knights! :D

Well, as probably the biggest Nexo Knights detractor, I have to say that I'm very happy with this set design.  Knowing you made it is even better, as normally I think of you as a great designer as far as mechs and weird vehicles, but seeing you design a nice structure like this is inspiring, and I'm starting to hope that you will be working on the next true Castle theme.

Also, my girlfriend really loves the set, so maybe we will both be getting it!

Great job, and thanks!

@Nabii, thank you for answering the questions that you could. I'll refrain from pressuring you for more information. I hope to see you about the forums more often.

21 hours ago, Nabii said:

"Can any of your colleagues explain why professor Quirrell Is made in black and not brown like he is in the film?"

Quirrel's colours were approved and suggested by Warner Brothers under the direction of JK Rowling - if you think it's wrong I suggest you take it up with her. :)

Aren't you guys meant to be the last line of defense against things like this, it is lego's product. Who stands up for the consumer.

Whoever you are dealing at wb licensing must not paying attention to what actually going on. If they really wanted black Quirrell the linework should have changed to be his other costume.

He no longer stands out in a lineup the way he should.  So many characters, especially teachers wear black. Snape, Rolanda hooch, Flitwick. not to mention every student wears black pants and often black robes. Quirrell should have been different.

2vm65xk.png

All the bottom images showing the brown outfit. With special callout when hes in the same scene with others wearing black.

latest?cb=20090531093900

Edited by deskp

I don't mean to sound rude or anything truly, but I don't think the color of Quirrel's clothes is that big of a deal, the brown is fairly dark anyway and I'm sure LEGO wasn't going to cough up a new color just for one, fairly minor character from one franchise who I'm sure, even though not on screen, probably wears a different outfit day-to-day then we're led to expect from a film. We're lucky we're even getting a Quirrel in 2018, as someone who collected all the old HP stuff.

14 minutes ago, OneWithTheForce said:

We're lucky we're even getting a Quirrel in 2018

That's part of the point, there likely won't be another opportunity to get him so his correctness should matter the first time around.

Maybe you're not familiar with it but legos dark brown color works out really well.

Ah. An updated Quirell. Lovely!
Why is there nitpicking going on here?. I, for one am overjoyed!
I can't wait for all the other sets to be revealed slowly. August seems like an awfully long way to go.

Edited by ultiminutes

20 minutes ago, deskp said:

That's part of the point, there likely won't be another opportunity to get him so his correctness should matter the first time around.

Maybe you're not familiar with it but legos dark brown color works out really well.

Damn, I wish I had your amount of spare time to care this much. 

Any guesses for the hairpieces for teenage Ron, Harry, Hermione and Draco?

I'm guess Harry will keep this new hairpiece for the teenage iteration, but I'm not sure about the rest

-Draco would use either the Ninjago Movie Lloyd hairpiece or the Dog Show Winner's 

-Ron can use either the Dog Show Winner's or even young Han Solo's

-Hermione I think will have a new hairpiece. Like a curly version of this one:

Image result for Hermione LEGO

9 hours ago, Nabii said:

There was a point where I wanted to take Susan Bones and/or Scabbers out to maybe keep in some other stuff, but at the end of the day I like Hufflepuff and rats too much. :)

Excellent choice! I am in house Hufflepuff and happy that we get our own minifig finally :wub: The updated rat mould look fantastic, I saw the toy fair set had a grey one as well, but I guess that will show up in another set soon enough :wink: Good to see that the HP theme keep up with the old tradition and bringing us new and updated animal moulds :sweet:

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Any guesses for the hairpieces for teenage Ron, Harry, Hermione and Draco?

-Draco would use either the Ninjago Movie Lloyd hairpiece or the Dog Show Winner's 

Some versions of Draco the barista hair works

twn248-228x228.jpga1ff96b6f853ab31fd553c41345d7f31_240.jpgcute-draco-draco-malfoy-felton-Favim.com

31 minutes ago, SandMirror38 said:

Damn, I wish I had your amount of spare time to care this much. 

I do not think it's your problem the amount of free time of other users, or the way they decide to use it. In this forum we talk about Lego, I'm sure this is the right place to discuss the color of a minifigure ?

Nabii, thank you for your intervention, it was very interesting! And congratulations for the set, it's magnificent

Just now, Pop Star c o said:

It's time to change your profile photo.

Indeed. Once official minifigure photos are released, that is.

10 hours ago, Nabii said:

No, sorry, she has legs so she can sit at the table. Kids found it frustrating that the only ones who could sit down were Doubledoor (heh), Nearly Headless Nick and Quirrel 

Dumbledore is not Doubledoor.

Just now, Pop Star c o said:

Dumbledore is not Doubledoor.

Nabii is probably saying that's what the kids called good ol Dumbledore when they were doing playability tests with kids.

10 hours ago, ETELENZOS92 said:

Thanks Mark for your answers, you saved us 20 pages of speculations and discussions in this forum!! :grin::thumbup:

That's very good. Especially when we've wasted another 20 pages of these speculations and discussions.:grin:

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

Also, my girlfriend really loves the set, so maybe we will both be getting it!

Great job, and thanks!

You both will have one set or will each have own?

Am i right to think about 2 sets combine in one proper size?And is it a good idea?And about minifigures...this is so limited serie that have duplicates do not bad at all:)

12 hours ago, Nabii said:

No, sorry, she has legs so she can sit at the table. Kids found it frustrating that the only ones who could sit down were Doubledoor (heh), Nearly Headless Nick and Quirrel 

When LEGO made a new skirt piece, I think that they might make it able to sit.

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

Other news bricks of the set:

Looks like that pointy tile piece was repurposed from Nexo Knights, based on the color.

1 hour ago, Lego Petman said:

Am i right to think about 2 sets combine in one proper size?And is it a good idea?And about minifigures...this is so limited serie that have duplicates do not bad at all:)

I think you should wait and see how it connects to the other sets :wink: