Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, legolord said:

So where is Snape?

Probably in a different set, the leaks were clearly wrong at this point

2 hours ago, DJ Bricks said:

Image result for professor quirrell costume

This is why. The actual costume has a black robe over his brown outfit. The turban is actually a lighter color too. It's kind of like the Star Wars figs are now changing colors to represent the actual costume instead of the inaccurate color given the lighting of the movie. 

They didn't make that outfit caused the figure does not have the buckles. And the lego figure shows his vest/waistcoat underneath which the outfit u posted does not.

And if they had been trying to make that outfit, why? its not at all his iconic one. He don't wear it for any of his iconic scenes. No hogwarts scenes.

Edited by deskp

4 hours ago, Nabii said:

Hi. Hogwarts Great Hall is one of the sets I've designed.

Congratulations on a job well done:sweet:

1 hour ago, legolord said:

So where is Snape?

Probably in one of the other sets or the CMS! When Lego made the dissension to make a 100 dollar set and not a 120 dollar set, a couple of figs where most likely removed from the set as well.Or Lego decided to swap some figs around in the final product, but I think it is rather safe to assume that cranky Snape will turn up somewhere :laugh: 

Just now, Hisstori said:

I totally forgot I was following this line, but is there any indication of when the Great Hall is gonna be released?

1st August

Hi, quite a few questions. Let's see what I can answer:

"Is there any chance that Professor McGonagall will have both regular legs and the new dress piece?"

No, sorry, she has legs so she can sit at the table. Kids found it frustrating that the only ones who could sit down were Doubledoor (heh), Nearly Headless Nick and Quirrel 

"Does this mean that the 1x3 half arches are not in the final model?"

Sorry, they are not in this model and should never have been shown at this point - we may make them in the future.

"Can any of your colleagues explain why professor Quirrell Is made in black and not brown like he is in the film?"

Quirrel's colours were approved and suggested by Warner Brothers under the direction of JK Rowling - if you think it's wrong I suggest you take it up with her. :)

"Why do you use a lot of stickers on it?"

There are a few. Most of them are on the Mirror of Erised, the house banners and the plain expanses of walls. Without them the model looked unfinished. The banners particularly added a lot. We could never have printed this many parts. Every printed part is the same as a colour change as far as production complexity goes and Harry Potter went over it's allotted number of changes and actually had to take some from Jurassic World!

"Did you choose all the characters or TLC forced you to put all of them?"

Well, I am TLC when it comes to this model so I wasn't forced. There was a point where I wanted to take Susan Bones and/or Scabbers out to maybe keep in some other stuff, but at the end of the day I like Hufflepuff and rats too much. :)

"Can you tell us more about the wave of Harry potter and his future please?"

No. Sorry, I can never talk about anything that hasn't been officially released yet and right now all the other stuff is still secret.

"So where is Snape?"

Snape was never ever in this set. Not sure why anyone thought he was. As I said I'm not allowed to talk about the other sets... but it would be very weird if he wasn't here somewhere wouldn't it?

Cheers guys, much appreciate the mostly positive response, very different from Nexo Knights! :D

Thanks for the answers - very interesting indeed! And excellent model, it looks beautiful!!

Glad you kept Susan Bones and Scabbers in - they both look great!:wub:

Edited by KristofBD

1 hour ago, Nabii said:

Thanks Mark for your answers, you saved us 20 pages of speculations and discussions in this forum!! :grin::thumbup:

PS: Excellent Work with the Model and Minifigures!!

And Thanks for designing such an amazing model! And I’m also glad you kept scabbers in, I really love the mould used. 

1 hour ago, Nabii said:

thanks you for your answers. Next knights is not the same thing that harry potter lol.

Keeping Susan bones was a excellent choice ^^

Are you a harry potter fan? And did you work on an other projet from the wave of Hp?

Susan bones is definitely a great choice. I love more obsure characters, especially when they’re from other houses!

1 hour ago, Nabii said:

Thanks so much for answering all of the questions! If you don’t mind answering one more. Is Voldemort on the back of quirrel’s head

11 minutes ago, Nabii said:

Cheers guys, much appreciate the mostly positive response, very different from Nexo Knights! :D

thank you so much! The process of a Lego product is, unfortunately sooo instransparent. I love whenever we get some insight, besides to the amazing concept art books. I know some Designers read forums & reviews, but the Lego community & TLG would be much closer, if there was more communication like this!

Great that your design was chosen. I was afraid the Great hall would just be a messy playset, with no walls. With a theme like NK it is probably way harder 2 design something aestethic like this..

Susan Bones will be very appreciated by hardcore fans! Most of my AFOL-friends didn't spot her, but my Harry Potter friends did - many of them are saving money now - at least for the Great hall :wub:

2 questions:

- Dumbledore was clearly some pre-version of the Michael Gambon actor. Was this changed in process because you wanted a parts 1&2 setting? or was the one from the toy fair really just a placeholder?

- How did you choose to make "child variants" of the kids? Was it to save space or to reach another audience (because they look soooo adorable!)?

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Thanks so much for answering all of the questions! If you don’t mind answering one more. Is Voldemort on the back of quirrel’s head

Yes, It was responded on a Toy Fair interview I think on the Brick Show one

1 hour ago, Nabii said:

WOW thanks for all the answers. Love the set and it will be a Day 1 purchase!

Got a Question , dont know if you can answer but i will ask anyway.

- According to Grand Hall Press Release the whomping willow set will connect to the Grand Hall set, Is this a direct connect ? Meaning something alongside the modular line ?

49 minutes ago, Nabii said:

I noticed the same thing! It's like when you visit anywhere on the forums, everyone feels like this:

the-creation-of-adam.jpg

Except when you visit Nexo Knights, where everyone looks at you like this...

7d24c022a0c70aa3d74a00317dca4c6f.jpg

I am particularly grateful for new parts and colors, both here and in NK, so keep ' em comin'!

55 minutes ago, Nabii said:

Hi, quite a few questions. Let's see what I can answer:

"Is there any chance that Professor McGonagall will have both regular legs and the new dress piece?"

No, sorry, she has legs so she can sit at the table. Kids found it frustrating that the onlookers y ones who could sit down were Doubledoor (heh), Nearly Headless Nick and Quirrel 

Would they not also have had an issue with the fact that the student protagonists are unable to “sit” down because of the short legs? I understand the change, and it is more accurate with the height difference, but it does feel strange to have the main characters unable to articulate their legs.

Thank you so much for this amazing set and the answers you gave us. I have 1 more question: Does McGonaGall have a 2 sided head (so you can see the other on underneath her hat) or does she have 2 seperate head pieces?

Back after a long time, I just felt it had to be asked after how nice and willing the designer seems to be answering questions... Why the basilsk? It just seems as an odd choice for the great hall and I wonder why it's brick built and black.

Let's not quote giant quotes people. Remove the text from giant quotes before you post please. Otherwise Nemos gotta go and remove all the giant duplicate quotes from every post. :tongue:

Thanks! :thumbup: