Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I don't know if this has been asked or answered but how come on FBTB's website Dumbledore is in a different outfit?  The one from the later movies I believe. 

Also it shows McGonagall with a skirt piece on his site as well. 

Edited by Legoman123

6 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I don't know if this has been asked or answered but how come on FBTB's website Dumbledore is in a different outfit?  The one from the later movies I believe. 

Also it shows McGonagall with a skirt piece on his site as well. 

There are loads of differences with the physical set they displayed. It's just some sort of prototype to give people a general idea. 

If you want to know what ur getting, stick to the oficial images.

Love the Great Hall set and looking forward to seeing the other Harry Potter sets! 

Do you guys think we will get further waves of Harry Potter sets from other years? Really want to collect some sets. 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Love the Great Hall set and looking forward to seeing the other Harry Potter sets! 

Do you guys think we will get further waves of Harry Potter sets from other years? Really want to collect some sets. 

I do, i think they have 2 waves planned to begin with. and if First wave goes well they will return with a third fto coincide with fantastic beasts 3.

I don't think lego will pass on another hogwarts express.

1 hour ago, deskp said:

There are loads of differences with the physical set they displayed. It's just some sort of prototype to give people a general idea. 

If you want to know what ur getting, stick to the oficial images.

The official images are not like this one from the Tower of Orphans that shows everything layer out plainly. In it Saruman had both a skirt piece and normal legs.

10237?id=rI-Pv3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&

As such, I'm not ruling out the skirt piece, but otherwise I agree with the official image being final.

Edited by Seaber

I wouldn’t entirely rule out the skirt piece either. The press release didn’t show everything, hence why we didn’t see Fawkes until the toy fair photos. It’s possible there are more accessories. The sorcerers stone and sword of Gryffindor are probably there too. 

As for the UCS, I’m not convinced it will necessarily be focused on the earlier school years like the regular sets are. That would just limit the designers, plus it’s supposed to release after these rather than alongside them. 

Earlier rumours said the sets will be based on 1-3, so far it looks like it is on 1-2 and most from the second movie/book. It is a lot to cover 3 with only 3 sets, maybe next wave are 3-4?

Some set ideas for prisoner of azkaban:

1. Hagrids hut with buckbeak (to expand Hogwarts)
  2. Shrieking Shack (to expand Hogwarts)

3. Knight Bus

If the CMF and D2C only include figs from 1-2(3), it is hard to guess, pretty sure the D2C will have locations and accessories based on the later films a least and they have no problem filling up future CMF series with other figs:classic:

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Earlier rumours said the sets will be based on 1-3, so far it looks like it is on 1-2 and most from the second movie/book. It is a lot to cover 3 with only 3 sets, maybe next wave are 3-4?

Some set ideas for prisoner of azkaban:

1. Hagrids hut with buckbeak (to expand Hogwarts)
  2. Shrieking Shack (to expand Hogwarts)

3. Knight Bus

If the CMF and D2C only include figs from 1-2(3), it is hard to guess, pretty sure the D2C will have locations and accessories based on the later films a least and they have no problem filling up future CMF series with other figs:classic:

I think they could easily omit the clock tower from the D2C and basically remake the 2004 Hogwarts Set next year, have it come with Dementors.

if they do Hagrids Hut I hope we get a new buckbeak, the Dimensions build was cool but a new moulded one would be great.

1 hour ago, deskp said:

I do, i think they have 2 waves planned to begin with. and if First wave goes well they will return with a third fto coincide with fantastic beasts 3.

I'm not sure they're willing to take the risk to release sets in movie-less years... As I've mentioned before, TLG don't do that anymore (expect for their own movies and a certain theme :yoda:), not even for their best-selling licensed themes. The Jurassic World sets for instance sold like hotcakes in 2015, but even then they didn't follow that up with another wave and instead waited for the next movie to release more sets. They'd have to be REALLY confident in the theme's potential in order to break the mould... let's hope they are :wink: At least the effort they put into the sets seems to support that notion :thumbup:

But with the Wizarding World there isn't just movies, there are theme park attractions, a theatre production, and new books.

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm not sure they're willing to take the risk to release sets in movie-less years... As I've mentioned before, TLG don't do that anymore (expect for their own movies and a certain theme :yoda:), not even for their best-selling licensed themes. The Jurassic World sets for instance sold like hotcakes in 2015, but even then they didn't follow that up with another wave and instead waited for the next movie to release more sets. They'd have to be REALLY confident in the theme's potential in order to break the mould... let's hope they are :wink: At least the effort they put into the sets seems to support that notion :thumbup:

This is Harry Potter we're talking about though. I think the sets would sell regardless of movie promotion.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

... Tower of Orphans ...

Haha, nice.

And a new updated molded Buckbeak would be fantastic.  Count me in on that set if it happens.

2 hours ago, deskp said:

Thanks for the reply, that’s great news! Definitely agree with you. I’m hoping for an improved/updated Diagon Alley set amongst others. 

Very curious what the UCS Hogwarts will include after seeing the Great Hall... I really hope that it is proportional with this set so you can put them together and still have one, evenly scaled castle.

The Great Hall pretty much covers the main characters, so I'm interested to see what locations and characters are included. My guess is hopefully they cover the later movies, like included older versions of Harry, Ron, etc, Michael Gambon Dumbledore, a different McGonnagall with the black dress, and especially Voldemort and the Death Eaters. 

The Great Hall is an amazing set, but have to admit there are a few odd parts. Susan Bones? Character doesn't even have a line. I understand they are adding a Hufflepuff, but we will get Cedric at some point, so why not just give us Ginny in the Great Hall? And why waste pieces to just add a small Basilisk, save it for a larger Chamber of Secrets. 

11 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

The Great Hall is an amazing set, but have to admit there are a few odd parts. Susan Bones? Character doesn't even have a line. I understand they are adding a Hufflepuff, but we will get Cedric at some point, so why not just give us Ginny in the Great Hall? And why waste pieces to just add a small Basilisk, save it for a larger Chamber of Secrets. 

I agree!  At first I thought that Susan WAS Ginny, I didn't realize she had the Hufflepuff robes.  The inclusion of the Basilisk doesn't make sense to me either.

So all we know is that there's going to be minifigure line of 22, and the names of the sets coming on August 1st? We don't really know if there are going to be further waves beyond August?   

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

They do it with DC, there were no films in 2014 and 2015, and there’s no film this year until December. 

11 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

They do it with DC, there were no films in 2014 and 2015, and there’s no film this year until December. 

Besides, HP is a popular enough franchise, I'm sure that it'd sell well even without new movies.

I'm more a train fan, but I check this topic regularly to se if there's any news on the Hogwarts Express.  I really don't like the previous 2, and I'm hoping for a UCS or D2C Hogwarts Express.  That would probably mean I bought the other Harry Potter sets too..... Anyway, I love this set and see some more good sets coming soon after.  I find Susan Bones, Faukes and the basilisk rather weird, though.  Why is it apparently themed round the second film but has Quirrel?

18 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I'm more a train fan, but I check this topic regularly to se if there's any news on the Hogwarts Express.  I really don't like the previous 2, and I'm hoping for a UCS or D2C Hogwarts Express.  That would probably mean I bought the other Harry Potter sets too..... Anyway, I love this set and see some more good sets coming soon after.  I find Susan Bones, Faukes and the basilisk rather weird, though.  Why is it apparently themed round the second film but has Quirrel?

The boat is from the first film, as is the changing banners feature and Mirror of Erised.

Now I really want them to reveal other sets:

75950 Aragog in The Forbidden Forest

75951 Newt Scamander's Briefcase

75952 Crimes of Grindelwald 

75953 Whomping Willow

75954 Hogwarts Great Hall

75955 "Sporty" Set

75956 Fantastic Beasts Set

71022 Harry Potter CMF Series

71043 D2C Hogwarts

Here is a list of all the Wizarding World sets confirmed or rumored. 75956 is supposed to be Fantastic Beasts set, and Katana confirmed that there will a sporty set, but there are no sports in FB and 75955 is the only missing set, and an only option for a sporty set.

7 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

A Slughorn minifig would be great.

I agree with this, and I think a good variant for him if there is a future harry potter minifigures series would be him in his sofa disguise. Maybe it can have the arms of the cactus minifigure in series 18.

I hope this Harry Potter wave is very successful so it can start working on its own and soon we will be having many revamps of previous sets, new characters and new scenes (classrooms, Death eaters attacking Quidditch World Cup, Yule Ball, room of requirement, Sirius Black's death scene, Grimmauld Place, Ministry of magic, etc)

Do you guys think this is possible? Obviously it wouldn't be as successful as star wars, cause the theme is naturally more appealing to kids for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75955 "Sporty" Set

If that is a Hogwarts quidditch set, if it had a member of all four houses, unlike the 2010 set which had two Gryffindor and two Slithering, people would be tempted to buy seven.

Be still my beating wallet.

I want to add a parenthesis, I downloaded the official images of the set on my phone and looking for them in the Downloads folder I saw that they were far behind, so I saw the date of the images and says that they are from October 21 and 22, 2017 , so if it could be that they included some of the changes seen in the Toy Fair as the greater inclusion of turrets and the skirt of McGonagall ...
However the fact of using another color for the Dumbeldlore suit will be because they have not prepared the new red one. I remember the 2004 Toy Fair with all the Prisoner of Azkaban sets minifigures with Yellow face and in the boxes were the true flesh color :sweet: http://rowm.com/news.php?gallery_image_id=26#img

EDIT: Also I do not think that they eliminate in the final version the movement of the tables of the Great Hall since LEGO always tries to include some function-movement to increse the playability, and has all the appearance of being a later inclusion.
As well as that black object that comes out from under the Great Hall that may be to keep the glass of Erised's mirror there.

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Just now, ETELENZOS92 said:

I want to add a parenthesis, I downloaded the official images of the set on my mobile and looking for them in the Downloads folder I saw that they were far behind, so I saw the date of the images and says that they are from October 21 and 22, 2017 , so if it could be that they included some of the changes seen in the Toy Fair as the greater inclusion of turrets and the skirt of McGonagall ...
However the fact of using another color for the Dumbeldlore suit will be because they have not prepared the new red one.

I really hope that McGonagall keeps her skirt piece TBQH, really don't dig normal legs on her.