Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Except from the table-play-feature and McGonagalls leg piece I hope that the set from the pictures is the set which will be released.

The stickers on the banners of the Toy-Fair-Set do look really bad.

I also can´t understand what the thing under the Teachers-Tables are.

It looks like there are also two kinds of new pieces in the Toy-Fair-Set. They are arch-pieces built into the kind of railing at the entrance of the hall.

11 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Except from the table-play-feature and McGonagalls leg piece I hope that the set from the pictures is the set which will be released.

The stickers on the banners of the Toy-Fair-Set do look really bad.

I also can´t understand what the thing under the Teachers-Tables are.

It looks like there are also two kinds of new pieces in the Toy-Fair-Set. They are arch-pieces built into the kind of railing at the entrance of the hall.

The press release is 100% what we are getting. 

1 hour ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Yep, they were! So it's possible that a brick-built Lupin werewolf could happen in the Whomping Willow set, but we'll have to wait and see. 

If LEGO stick to Years 1-2 for now, I imagine that if this wave is successful they'd move on to subsequent years. So if there aren't any Prisoner of Azkaban elements to the Willow set and it's purely based around the Ford Anglica crashing into it in Chamber of Secrets, at least we could reasonably expect Year 3 elements in future releases.

Surely for the D2C Hogwarts though it will have to include elements from all 7/8 movies? 

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Surely for the D2C Hogwarts though it will have to include elements from all 7/8 movies? 

Presuming it's the entire castle sans Great Hall then yes. Things like the Room of Requirement and Divination Tower didn't pop up until future movies and had quite a few notable scenes.

There is the possibility of the set just being "half" of the castle (either the Quad and surrounding buildings or the Central Courtyard and surrounding buildings) and us getting a few D2C every couple of years that combine into the complete castle (similar to Ninjago City.) But that's pure speculation, and even then rooms from later films are spread out around the castle pretty well.

with some mods (on the right) Some pieces not available in ldd so replaced with placeholder stuff.

2ik7f69.png

Just now, Mata_Nui said:

Based on this I think I know why they removed the Technic function. It would be easy for food that fell of the table to slide under the trap door and get caught underneath the model.

I think it was just to streamline and reduce pieces.

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

The official images don't have the flipping tables and instead have just the normal two. I wonder what that means about the NYTF one's reliability 

Not reliable at all.

So which railing is real, the one in the official release photo (which is not as interesting), or the one at the New York Toy Fair (with the small arches (much more interesting and with what looks like new pieces). I would post photos, but apparently I am limited to 30 kB and I can't seem to make my pics small enough.

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

The official images don't have the flipping tables and instead have just the normal two. I wonder what that means about the NYTF one's reliability 

well given the official description states that you can replay Harry and Malfoy's duel from CoS

You know, I find pretty lame that they are presenting an unfinished/inaccurate model at a Toy Fair....

Just now, Robert8 said:

You know, I find pretty lame that they are presenting an unfinished/inaccurate model at a Toy Fair....

That's fair but it's what they had ready.

Toy fair one is longer than final one as well. I much prefer the final one though!

6 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

The Toy Fair one is an earlier prototype, the official pictures are the final set.

15 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Thanks for the link! I like the sliding stairs function which they kept on the final model, it's pretty sweet but I hope it's not awkward to push around. Glad they took out the table flipping, those gears look awkward and as Mata_Nui suggested, it'd be a bit fiddly with loose food pieces getting caught under the mechanism. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Bricks said:

well given the official description states that you can replay Harry and Malfoy's duel from CoS

They clearly wanted that to be a suggested scene for kids to play out, considering they're posed having their duel in the official pictures. That doesn't suggest that any feature remains in the set however; just that you can pose the figures to re-enact that duel.

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I understand, but at the same time I'm thankful that we saw anything at all. Lego really didn't have to reveal any of the Harry Potter sets this early, and it's nice to get a glimpse into their design process and see what was included in the original prototype versus the final product. :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Agreed. I remember way back in the day when they first revealed the Ultra Sonic Raider for Ninjago Pythor had purple arms, but in the final set they were a non-cannon black. It really got people hyped only be false.

3 hours ago, Ultron said:

Fawkes is actually a pretty decent little build.

I disagree.  Fawkes is the worst part of this set.  Well, at least the preliminary version from Toy Fair looks terrible, I hope the final version doesn't have a black piece for the body.  But even if it has better colors it will still be ugly and clunky looking.

The Basilisk is the second worst thing here.

I just hate ugly brick-built creatures.

Just now, x105Black said:

I disagree.  Fawkes is the worst part of this set.  Well, at least the preliminary version from Toy Fair looks terrible, I hope the final version doesn't have a black piece for the body.  But even if it has better colors it will still be ugly and clunky looking.

Agree

Especially because Hedwig is a molded bird, but Fawkes is brick-built???

I get that Fawkes and Basilisk are meant to go with the brickbuilt creatures from the Fantastic Beasts sets but still.......

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

I wouldn't count out a molded Fawkes later.

Maybe at least the head has a new mould with new features. That at least would make it better

5 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Maybe Fawkes is built different in the actual set. The Basilisk has flat tiles in the Toy-Fair-Version but normal studs on her in the version from the first pictures of the set.

21 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

1518813414-hpminifigf.png

focus on the characters. Bad point for McGonagall and Hagrid seems to be weird

I think Hagrid looks great.A brilliant new LEGO take on the character.

9 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I think Hagrid looks great.A brilliant new LEGO take on the character.

Agreed, a much needed fresh take on a character who's had the same look since the brand started 17 years ago.

Also just realized there is no white flesh tone on the sweaters this time so they don't have to be strictly white characters.

Edited by OneWithTheForce