Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

On a seperate note any one know what a tumbler is?

Accessory elements include 7 wands, 3 tumblers, umbrella, lantern, broom, sorting hat, cauldrons, potions, candles, 2 wizard brooms, food, trophy, teapot, chest and a spider. 

Well a tumbler can refer to a glass for drinking out of, and there are two goblets and a mug, so I think these are the three tumblers.

I love the look of this set and am really looking forward to adding it to our Lego collection. I missed the previous Harry Potter waves although I managed to pick up some like-new minifigures in a bulk lot. I like the lantern and umbrella, new wands, new hairpieces, love the look of Hagrid, and I think the overall look of the building is stunning. 

Wow! Susan Bones, first of all. Shame there’s no crest though. And, they’re kids! And new wands, Harry’s hairpiece. Hagrid looks a bit wonky, but will need a closer look. Finally, Nearly Headless Nick?! And Quirrell is certainly a welcomed addition, as I don’t have the old one. That Sortimng Hat. There is so much to love!:wub:

12 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Wow! Susan Bones, first of all. Shame there’s no crest though. And, they’re kids! And new wands, Harry’s hairpiece. Hagrid looks a bit wonky, but will need a closer look. Finally, Nearly Headless Nick?! And Quirrell is certainly a welcomed addition, as I don’t have the old one. That Sortimng Hat. There is so much to love!:wub:

It's actually truer to the movies as they didn't have crests on their sweaters, they had them on their cloaks, maybe in preparation for a new cloak piece in other sets?

I have to say, Harry Potter sets are the only ones I've collected in my life but these are so much better than anything we've got, maybe it's my lack of experience in the last few years but the detail on the figs are stunning.

Just look at this new Hagrid compared to the old one, and Qurriel. Mcgonagall and Draco look mostly the same but other than that they all look fantastic.

The set just invokes that sort of fairy tale charm from the original 2 movies and I absolutely love it, feels very much like the Disney set.

Why people keep asking for crests? it's the robes that had crests not the sweaters..

Btw it seems likely that:

Brick-built Basilisk and Phoenix, is a way to "tie in" with the Fantastic beast suitcase set that has brick--built beasts.  I'm sure you can consider brick built aragog in that group too.

For all we know there's some brick-beast in willow set too.

Edited by deskp

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The NY Toy Fair press release confirms the Harry Potter CMF wave will have 22 characters

Where do you see that?

I think we need to know what characters we will have in the sets to imagine the 22 characters of the CMF. But i am exciting because we know today that we will get ravenclaw torso et and it is focused on 1-3 movie so: the only ravenclaw known is cho chang in the 3nd book. And Huffpufl we have now susan bones but we will have maybe justin finch flechey...

This is much like the Marvel IW mix up with the Hulkbuster and Jurassic World dino debate. The details regarding who’s in the CMF look like they are all there, just not necessarily in the right places.

20 hours ago, Catanas said:

New moulds from what I can tell. Feel free to correct me.

Harry's hair.

Hermione's hair.

Dumbledore's hair.

All Hagrid.

Quirrel's Turban.

Wands.

The rat, which also appears in the Arctic sets.

The candles? The flames are at least.

The lattice windows in that shape?

The small spires, and the larger textured roofing parts.

Hagrids lantern.

Oh, and the less crummy looking sorting hat!

I don´t know, if it has already been mentioned here, but I don´t think that complete Hagrid is new. His head-piece isn´t new of course, but it also looks like he has the normal leg-piece.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

It´s also great that the wands have different colours (compare Dracos and Hermiones wands on the picture which shows the inside of the hall).

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Oh no...glaringly obvious omission!  

The have Hedwig..

They have Scabbers...

But where is Crookshanks? :(

Edited by Catanas

Just now, Catanas said:

Oh no...glaringly obvious omission!  

The have Hedwig..

They have Scabbers...

But where is Crookshanks? :(

Crookshanks doesn't appear until the Prisoner of Askaban, whilst this Great Hall is predominately influenced by the first two films.

Just now, arannir said:

Crookshanks doesn't appear until the Prisoner of Askaban, whilst this Great Hall is predominately influenced by the first two films.

Ohhh, fair enough. Timelines muddled. :P I'm sure we'll be getting at least one cat though.

I think I much prefer the jumpers without the badges and just having the colour detailing for houses. 

I must admit... I think I mentioned my scepticism of there being 20 figures in this set... especially as there's rumours of a much larger set later in the year. People do seem to run with these ideas... remember, if it seems too good to be true...

I much prefer this Hagrid. It has his wild hair and beard much better. I quite like McGonagall having legs rather than dress. As long as the print on the legs is nice when in hand. All the hair pieces look nice to be honest.

Having the Willow as an add-on should hopefully open up the landscape of the Castle and give is a little more wall at least. I'd like to think that these new sets (or possibly waves in future) give us a really good scaled Hogwarts as a complete campus. Maybe with Goblet of Fire Dragon Challenge as things that can be used with it along with the rumoured Quidditch set.

13 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

i counted at least 12 stickers for this set, the only thing bad....

but a lot of news bricks !

I count 16.

• Harry with his parents in the mirror
  • Quirrel in the mirror
  • 5x mirror ornament
  • 6x "tower-brick-stickers"
  • clock
  • Griffindor banner
  • Slytherin banner

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

I count 16.

• Quirrel in the mirror
  • 5x mirror ornament
  • clock
  • Griffindor banner
  • Slytherin banner

do you think that the clock is a sticker. God, i don't hope so!

6 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I think I much prefer the jumpers without the badges and just having the colour detailing for houses. 

I must admit... I think I mentioned my scepticism of there being 20 figures in this set... especially as there's rumours of a much larger set later in the year. People do seem to run with these ideas... remember, if it seems too good to be true...

I much prefer this Hagrid. It has his wild hair and beard much better. I quite like McGonagall having legs rather than dress. As long as the print on the legs is nice when in hand. All the hair pieces look nice to be honest.

Having the Willow as an add-on should hopefully open up the landscape of the Castle and give is a little more wall at least. I'd like to think that these new sets (or possibly waves in future) give us a really good scaled Hogwarts as a complete campus. Maybe with Goblet of Fire Dragon Challenge as things that can be used with it along with the rumoured Quidditch set.

not 20! It was 14 with 2 dementors and voldemort. The fact is: voldemort is here but behind the head of Quirrel lol

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

I count 16.

• Quirrel in the mirror
  • 5x mirror ornament
  • clock
  • Griffindor banner
  • Slytherin banner

You forgot the backside of the banners. The set description mentions "two reversible house banners", that means there are also stickers on the back... Either from Slytherin to Gryffindor or there are actually Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff stickers included! So I count at least 18 stickers

2 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

do you think that the clock is a sticker. God, i don't hope so!

I´ve thought so. If you zoom in, you can see the small rim of the sticker.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

You forgot the backside of the banners. The set description mentions "two reversible house banners", that means there are also stickers on the back... Either from Slytherin to Gryffindor or there are actually Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff stickers included! So I count at least 18 stickers

Oh yes. I haven´t read the description so far. I´ve kept busy with watching the pictures of this great set.:grin:

Great to see this theme back from the vaults! Definitely a timeless theme. Many of the things changed from the previous releases 10-15 years back in time are good, in my opinion. especially wands in the correct size! I remember when i was a kid, i used to cut the bars in half with a wire cutter, just to get a more correct size.. ;) 

Like minifigures a lot:blush:.But colors of building...are not so lovely like old ones.But..we have no choice, cos old sets price is 2-3 times x100$

Edited by Lego Petman

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

2 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I´ve thought so. If you zoom in, you can see the small rim of the sticker.

18 stickers make me scared about the futur D2c! A big hogwart with 50 stickers will make me crazy  lel

I have to correct myself, 19 stickers. "Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture ", which means the mirror has 3 interchangeable panels. The brickbuilt Fawkes is most likely behind the mirror

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

I have to correct myself, 19 stickers. "Gaze into the Mirror of Erised with Ron and change the picture ", which means the mirror has 3 interchangeable panels. The brickbuilt Fawkes is most likely behind the mirror

19 stickers, who offers more :grin:

No one noticed the new cone 4 x 2 x 3 piece ?